IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

This is my best guess. I would guess she was standing near the red arrow and the photo was taken in the direction of the yellow arrow.
attachment.php

Look at you go with these maps ! TY! But is this the "other side" of the bridge? (Sorry maps/cartography obviously ain't my thing... not sure there's any "ography" that is my thing :))

photo of suspect with color filter/warmth.. I have no idea what I'm doing, just wanted to see that "rust" area in greater contrast. The edges of the "shirt" look more like staining to me.

suspect.jpg

Why are his hands in his pockets? Does that say anything about this suspect? Any body language experts have a comment?
AFAIK it was sort of chilly that day, plus some people just walk with their hands in their pockets. I do sometimes. So I don't know if it really indicates anything

Sent from my UMI_Diamond using Tapatalk

Look at you go with these maps ! TY! But is this the "other side" of the bridge? (Sorry maps/cartography obviously ain't my thing... not sure there's any "ography" that is my thing :))
Yes, this would be down downstream from the bridge. I couldn't find a good spot on the other side that would place the bridge behind her with the creek on her right on the upstream side. I couldn't find a spot where she could be photographed from that angle looking up the river and in a spot that she could easily stand. I definitely could be wrong, though. Just a best guess.

this is a little far fetched at this point, but i know from the baden-clay case in qld aus that they wire taped the coffins in the funeral to try catch their suspect talking to the victims in their final moments, i did briefly wonder if that is what is happening here, 1 week is very short between being found and holding the funeral i mean i know its happened before but sometimes they keep the bodies longer for more evidence etc, i just wonder if maybe we'll get an update after the funerals are done and the families have had a few days to process some of the grief ( i know it'll last a lifetime but we can hope)

Well, ITA about how fast the funeral happened, and of course LE would have been filming it no question of that.

Here's hoping the SOB happened to go, though, given the publicity about the photo and the suspect - it does make you wonder IF it is POSSIBLE that LE stated the guy in the pic is a suspect, but, they are really looking at someone else, and hoping he will be at ease.

LE releases their info very specifically. It is not a coincidence that they have labeled the picture guy a suspect just prior to the funeral, IMO.

JMO

photo of suspect with color filter/warmth.. I have no idea what I'm doing, just wanted to see that "rust" area in greater contrast. The edges of the "shirt" look more like staining to me.

attachment.php

good work, if you want to play with this some more, try adjusting the opacity settings so you get more details and more balance with the filter :)

Bob S., you've done a splendid job on here, giving us all a feel for the scene.

RE: the fishing spot aerial photo. Judging by the shadows, both the SnapChat pic and the cam grabs appear to be from a little bit beyond the bottom of the aerial photo, at the end of the bridge. I still maintain both were taken within mere minutes of each other.

I have a hunch the perp has fished there, before, which is how he knows the terrain.

attachment.php

Galaxy ... would you mind doing this with the other picture please, so we can see his right foot on the ground. Thank you!

If it were taken from the upstream side, this is about the only area I think it could have been taken.
attachment.php

Attachments

• fishing 2.jpg
    fishing 2.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 718
Oh, I just saw the other photo of the suspect. oh nevermind, I guess it's the fanny pack rendering oddly in the 1st pic.

People keep saying the image of the man cant be the same device as the image taken from the girls on snap chat. This is NOT true. Video quality on most cell phones, especially at a distance is usually WORSE than photos as its optical zoom (especially when you are zooming in) has to "make up" pixels. Previous articles have stated this is a still from a video. It still may or may not be from one of the girls cell phones.

Agreed. On my phone videos are tiny but sharp and still pics are normal size and sharp. But a video enlarged is grainy and a still grab would be rough like this one.

If an optical zoom has been applied, it because the person is floating over the river. The angle doesn't support the idea that it's from the same device.

Not necessarily. Im trying to explain but I am having difficulty articulating clearly. I used to do wedding photography professionally. One of the things I had to learn about was optical vs digital lenses. I wrote optical and meant digital. It is my understanding that some camera lenses ESPECIALLY in cells have more digital vs optical. So you may have 2 camera's with the same mega pixels, but 1 is far better lens because it has less digital zoom. Most cell phones have really bad low video quality, made very much from digital zoom. This doesnt mean you have to zoom for it to make up pixels. The camera is going to do it naturally.... say anything more than A step or 2 away, its going to make up what it thinks should be there..... Hence his pant leg on one of the pictures looks odd. Thats where the camera added pixels..... If you take a video from your cell right now, freeze it and grab a still..... it will probably look very similar to that one. Then of course they are zooming it in and cropping it from another outside program, and its gets even more pixilated. This is just my understanding of cell phones and photography. I dont know how else to explain it clearly.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

A person on another group pointed this out.

Attachments

• Studio_20170219_160459.png
    Studio_20170219_160459.png
    135.9 KB · Views: 956
  • Studio_20170219_160534.png
    Studio_20170219_160534.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 955
  • Studio_20170219_160622.png
    Studio_20170219_160622.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 908
Okay, we've got a scrolling banner indicating police have identified the man in the picture - googling for confirmation of this.

Anybody find verification of it?

Fingers crossed, and praying.

Okay, we've got a scrolling banner indicating police have identified the man in the picture - googling for confirmation of this.

Anybody find verification of it?
ok wont let me post it =\

Investigators have identified a suspect in the deaths of two teens who went missing during a hike, Indiana State Police said Sunday.
The bodies of Liberty “Libby” German, 14, and Abigail “Abby” Williams, 13, were found Tuesday in woods about 70 miles northwest of Indianapolis, the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office said.
Police on Wednesday released a photo of a man seen near Delphi Historic Trail around the time the teens were there. They did not call him a suspect at the time.
Since then, preliminary evidence has led investigators to suspect the man in the photo participated in the teens’ deaths, the state police said in a statement.
No further information about the man was provided.

ADMIN NOTE: above quote can be found at http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/19/us/indiana-missing-girls-suspect/

Okay something to mull over. You can glean a lot from a short video. Mannerisms of someone who you may not be able to identify in stills. The gait, maybe the way they hold an arm or tilt a head when walking. So if these stills came off a video. Why not release a 5 or 10 second clip of him walking? Again, to me, its because one of the girls is walking next to him. Hence Still shot picture # 2 and the dark shadow that goes into a light grey (maybe one of the girls jacket sleeves) on the right hand side.

I agree with you on this...I think we got the stills, rather than a video, because the video will show ones or both of the girls. So this begs the question from me...who could this man have been that they were comfortable enough to walk with him? He looks older, not a teen or in his 20s which might make the girls feel more comfortable...heck, I think this guy is even older than his 30's, which I would put at an absolute PEAK of "comfortability" age that these girls would hang out with. I don't know. I sure wouldn't have been hanging out with someone my dad's age when I was 13. Of course, the man could have been forcing them to go somewhere with him...but if that's the case, then wouldn't he be touching them or something? Unless this photo/video was taken immediately before he took out a gun or knife to threaten them to walk a certain way...but then why would he be ok with Liberty taking a video? I just don't understand any of it. I'm even more confused now, typing out all my thoughts...

MOO, only.

My belief is that these are not his only victims. I think they need to look in to similar cases were young girls were killed while out hiking on trails. Yes, it is probably sexual in nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader