IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you on this...I think we got the stills, rather than a video, because the video will show ones or both of the girls. So this begs the question from me...who could this man have been that they were comfortable enough to walk with him? He looks older, not a teen or in his 20s which might make the girls feel more comfortable...heck, I think this guy is even older than his 30's, which I would put at an absolute PEAK of "comfortability" age that these girls would hang out with. I don't know.

Snipped for space.

I wouldn't say they had to be comfortable to "walk with him". He could have been on the bridge when they happened upon him. I know when I walk past people on a sidewalk, trail, etc. I certainly don't turn around and go the other direction. Usually some pleasantries happen or at least eye contact. Maybe that's how the initial encounter happened.

Edit: I'm not sure this quoted how I meant for it to. Tapatalk and I are not getting along today.

What the Banner says (now) is "Police Identify Man in Picture as Suspect in Killing of Two Teenagers "

"As suspect"

It would be less confusing if it said something like "Police Classify Mystery Man in Photograph as a Suspect" or something like that. It's very confusing.

quote from police

“He’s not just someone we want to talk to; we consider him a suspect in these murders,” Sgt. Tony Slocum said Sunday. “We’re officially calling him a suspect versus a subject we’re looking to speak to. He’s going to be our main suspect at this time,” he said.

dont know if this had been posted if so im sorry, iv read a bit and not seen this quote

attachment.php

camera artifact?

yeah, we did discuss this on one of the older threads that it could indeed be an artifact

Not necessarily. Im trying to explain but I am having difficulty articulating clearly. I used to do wedding photography professionally. One of the things I had to learn about was optical vs digital lenses. I wrote optical and meant digital. It is my understanding that some camera lenses ESPECIALLY in cells have more digital vs optical. So you may have 2 camera's with the same mega pixels, but 1 is far better lens because it has less digital zoom. Most cell phones have really bad low video quality, made very much from digital zoom. This doesnt mean you have to zoom for it to make up pixels. The camera is going to do it naturally.... say anything more than A step or 2 away, its going to make up what it thinks should be there..... Hence his pant leg on one of the pictures looks odd. Thats where the camera added pixels..... If you take a video from your cell right now, freeze it and grab a still..... it will probably look very similar to that one. Then of course they are zooming it in and cropping it from another outside program, and its gets even more pixilated. This is just my understanding of cell phones and photography. I dont know how else to explain it clearly.

I have a 2013 Moto X, something that kids this young would not own, and shoot a lot of video at concerts. In order to get a screengrab that bad, I'd have to be over 100 yards from the stage. The bridge isn't wide enough to be 100 yards from the suspect and have the edge of the first bridge tie on the right side of the person.

This may be me, as I'm a baby when it comes to heights, but he's pretty far to the edge of the bridge, like not in the center, with his hands in his pocket, way up high. That to me indicates he's pretty comfortable there, my instinct would be to keep my hands out should I stumble. I'm thinking he's quite familiar with that bridge and not much scared of anything.

Maybe he was closer to the edge because they were walking toward him and he saw them so he scooted over?

I'm still catching up, but I thought I saw someone say earlier, there looked to be blood on the pants. So I downloaded the photo and blew it up. It DOES look like some kind of rust colored stain on the top portion of his jeans. At first I thought he was wearing a long shirt under this jacket, and that it was the shirt hanging out of the jacket; but I now see that his hand is visible in his pocket, and the rust color goes up to the edge of the pocket and doesn't cover his hand (like I'd expect a shirt would). If that rust color is indeed blood, it's covering quite a bit of his upper pants.

I think so, too. In comparing the two pictures released, in one it does like a fanny pack though. I wonder if he tucked it up into his jacket, revealing the large blood stain.

Maybe he was closer to the edge because they were walking toward him and he saw them so he scooted over?
Walking on an old, deteriorating bridge, it makes sense to walk closer to the sides where the I-beams are rather than toward the middle where weathered planks would be the weakest. It could also be that someone was approaching.

I have a 2013 Moto X, something that kids this young would not own, and shoot a lot of video at concerts. In order to get a screengrab that bad, I'd have to be over 100 yards from the stage. The bridge isn't wide enough to be 100 yards from the suspect and have the edge of the first bridge tie on the right side of the person.
I don't believe the bridge was the target of the camera. I believe it was a lot further away although so far I seem to be the only one that thinks that. That's cool though. I've been wrong before.

If I'm not it explains the poor quality and no video.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I think so, too. In comparing the two pictures released, in one it does like a fanny pack though. I wonder if he tucked it up into his jacket, revealing the large blood stain.

Maybe the fanny pack was readjusted to hide the stain. I'm not sure which pic was taken first.

They both also could have suffered from head trauma. He could have bound them both up before killing them. He would use the ruse of telling he was going to hurt one of them if the other victim didnt go along with his demands. So they both may have been compliant thinking they could save each other if they did as he said.

imo

Yes- entirely possible. They were sweet girls and good friends. I don't think any one of them would have run away from the other if she thought her friend was going to be hurt.

I just don't think it's a blood stain. This is gruesome but here goes. If he is on his way back from the murders and if the blood stain was that big it would be wet and sticky and he would not be putting his hand in that pocket. Also the stain seems too uniform to be blood. I think he had not yet committed the crime when this photo/ video was taken.

Why are his hands in his pockets? Does that say anything about this suspect? Any body language experts have a comment?

According to body language when someone becomes unsatisfied with his self image he will put his hands in his pockets. ... Generally people put their hands in pocket when they are feel unsatisfied with their looks, clothes or their actions.

[h=3]----from google[/h]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member