IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi bemused, your first link is broken for me. I re watched the inside edition interview which still perplexed me. He states that a horrible thing occured on his property and its effect on community and family, he speaks to his shock and sadness in regards to his property, backyard etc, but never really talks about the victims which to me is very unsettling.

Anyway, until link is fixed I'm unsure where your going with this.[emoji4]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Agreed. He's been raped. How awful for him.
(Was that the rape quote? Going off memory, I might be thinking of a different interview)

He allegedly called at least one reporter to show them how difficult it would be to get to that spot the girls were found but he's not spiffed up. IOW, he supposedly called them not the other way around. I'll try to find that quote. Think it was from Dee-something, sorry for not recalling the exact name.

I'm sure every reporter and TV station was there at his doorstep. Jmo

Right. We don't know where they were dropped off. LE said a tributary to the trail. So that seems like not the trailhead. And LE said they were to be picked up where they were dropped off. I also think it's telling that they somewhat identified it was Libby's sister who dropped them off but won't identify the "family member" who was to pick them up.

Good point. I've been trying to think of reasons why this is not being made public. We know that someone did arrive to pick them up because that's what triggered the search. They did not appear at the pick up location. What reasons for not telling us this???

I totally agree. She may not have known his name at that moment or been able to say it but she knew seeing him there was bad.
we typically call people by name to be polite. i don't think they had any reason to be polite. If he is a local and is older, they probably knew him as Mr. So and So...

So, I have a theory that occurred to me when we were discussing the billboards and their purpose. It would also explain the probation violation of RL.

What if RL told LE that he gave an unknown person a ride out of the area, perhaps to the highway. This made LE think it wasn't a local. Later, they began to question that, and used the admission of driving to pop RL for a violation.

Now, the question would be why RL would lie. One option is that he didn't. He really did give a stranger a ride out of the area, but he's now caught in a nightmare of suspicion. The other option is that he was covering for someone for something, either himself or someone he cares about, and it has come back to bite him. (In this case, it doesn't have to mean covering for what happened to the girls. It could mean someone else gave the perp a ride, but he didn't want to drag that person into it. Unlikely, but I don't want to accuse the man.)

As stated, just throwing out a possibility.

I didn't know how to quote it and copy it over here.

(I'll do it for you, standby)

Eta: this one right?

03-28-2017, 03:29 PM#382
DeDee
source link: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-40&p=13268565#post13268565

Originally posted by DeDee:

"liltexans, being our anointed news scoops keeper, perhaps you can answer this question. TIA

Back around Feb 16, in RLs interview with the male reporter, who was wearing the long black wool coat, doesn't RL state, at the beginning of the interview, that

He called the media? Did RL state further: "That is why I called .... I wanted to show you that it is impossible..."

If RL is involved and he invited the media onto his property, why would he do that? He invited the media to film his land and the exact CS location to show the world that it is impossible ....?"

Glad it had that effect! The more I've been thinking about the time frame, location, video/audio capture... I have a really hard time believing in theories of a random act or stranger, or a drifter. Anything is possible, but given the short amount of time Abby and Libby were set to be there supposedly (is there a definitive time of pickup statement?), I just would find it to be a SK's or a drifters opportunity of a lifetime to happen upon the girls with absolutely no one around, like hitting the lottery. Which is totally and 100% a plausible theory and I am in no way discounting that. Just my own brain doesn't buy that, at least not at this point.

Going along with the local perp theory, which I believe in the most due to the terrain and location of the bodies:

I have also wondered about how many people live in the vicinity of the trail? How many homes, businesses etc are around that are within eye sight of the trail heads? Could someone have watched them go in, living close by they knew the activity on the trail that day was very low, knew they may not be out very long and now was the time to strike, gathered what they needed and off they went?

Perhaps leaving them on your neighbors property because you may be aware of his troubles with DUI, or know he has done things or owns things that violate his probation? It puts the spotlight on someone else, and if it's not RL, it's working to get people thinking it is.

...just things that wander through my thoughts. All MOO please don't take anything I say too seriously, all speculative.

I, too, think it was someone local who knew they would be there and for how long, because of the perfect timing of it. Another thought I recently had, was that maybe the girls and Libby's older sister (also a teenager) stopped to get gas and he spotted them then. Followed them to see where they were going, then when they arrived at the trailhead, he parked far enough away not to be noticed, watched the two younger girls get dropped off and started to follow them from there? I am sure LE have checked gas station cameras so this probably didn't happen, but it is an alternate theory if he didn't, in fact, know the girls and know they would be there.

Why was he arrested in the first place?
Violation of.probation it said. But I thought he was done his probation....

Agreed. He's been raped. How awful for him.
(Was that the rape quote? Going off memory, I might be thinking of a different interview)

Of all statements he's made that imply it's awful for him, I don't think "disaster" is one I would've expected to hear unless he was solely talking about how it's affected him. I believe he was speaking to it being a "disaster" to the families as well. Maybe he's not terribly articulate but it seemed an odd choice to me.

IMO, if my theory bears any relationship to the truth, I could see why someone might consider the murders a "disaster".

MOO

..just wanted to point out, that there is a possibility the POI/BG was wearing similar type glasses (frameless) like RL:

attachment.php

All IMO

-Nin

Interesting, Thanks.

If they have DNA, but no match in the system (possibly due to older perp who was in trouble back before IN did DNA registry) then they couldn't very well put out a search for someone they don't have a positive ID on.

I would think that if that were the case they would put out a nationwide search for the suspect and add his name to the FBI's most wanted list...JMO

Without any recent news, most of what has been running through my head is speculation. But I had an interesting conversation with someone the other night regarding the case. I asked what would make YOU start to record someone? We both settled on a previous bad encounter, aka "hey X, that Y guy is coming back!", and some other theories. I'd like to hear what others opinions are of why YOU would start to record someone from 80' out? (per GH video assessments).

Everything is MOO.

This is a great idea and I'm hoping the topic hasn't yet moved on.

I've wondered this also and have come up with the theory that they had some sort of "run in" with him. Maybe he said something cranky,

- You shouldn't be up here , it's dangerous." (In a creepy way)

-Angry they were taking pictures even if at first not him.( Are you taking pictures of me?!)

-Did you girls throw something off this bridge? (this relates to sometimes kids/girls/boys) will be silly and toss things over a bridge or whatever.

My point is, I think he said something to purposely frighten them and when he turned around to come back, they were nervous even more. Taking on a position of adult authority, he said something like : "come with me I'm calling your parents or whatever" Taking them down the hill on a short cut.

Just my moo

and, by the way, I know I have misspelled

I'm interested in opinions of anyone who can view the following two interviews RL conducted with two different media outlets. I want to be clear I'm referring to RL's statements and appearance and not what the reporters say or do.

A single thing jumped out in the context of two murdered girls.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb-eOkWFf2M

In this Inside Edition interview I know the police have already released the BG photos and audio clip because the reporter shows RL and has him listen. If I assume RL has already seen media reports of BG's photos it really piques my interest.

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...rty-where-bodies-of-indiana-hikers-were-found

Anyone?
what is jumping out at you?

I keep thinking it would have been much more effective to feature the pics of BG. Makes me question the logic of the decision makers. I talked to several people who were confused and thought the girls were missing.

I just looked at the billboard photo for the first time, and I can see why they're taking them down. As you say, the photo of BG is small. Moreover, while he might look like a lot of middle-aged men in rural Indiana, he surely wouldn't be foolish enough to drive around dissimilar areas in the same attire. Change the attire and you have nothing on which to alert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en