IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering how "Pilgrim" found that document...curious...

Spiritecho explained a few pages back how some people have access to a different version of Odyssey that allows them to click on links and view court documents that others cannot.

I am assuming this is how this was done.

Jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious..do you mean hands in pocket, head down while taking a step?

I mean overall appearance. I would love to see one of our digital image whizbangs blur or paint over the faces in a comparison of BG and RL so we are not looking at facial features but head tilt, arm position, leg position, etc.

Just jumping off your post in reference to RL's trip to the refuse transfer center:

Actually, believe it or not, I think this piece of information is helpful to RL. We know the transfer center closes at 4:00pm and the Abby's pic of BG was @2:30.

In theory, That gives RL less than 1.5 hours to "walk/force" the girls to his property, do god only knows what, murder them, (maybe also clean them off in the river and clean himself off in the river *complete speculation on my part), collect whatever evidence from the scene, go back to his house to more than likely clean up better (with soap at least since he will be seen in public), put said evidence in garbage bags, then get in his truck to get to the transfer station before it closes at 4:00pm.

That's a lot, IMO. Also, and most importantly: Landfills have specific protocols of how they dispose of refuse so garbage can be found by knowing when it came in. IMO, taking evidence himself (where people keep records and give receipts) to a transfer center on the day the girls were murdered would be the most idiotic thing RL or anyone could do if they didn't want to get caught.

This part of Indiana is not urban. It would make so much more sense if a person who just committed a gruesome murder to not go personally to the dump and drop their trash there after they just got done killing two girls. It would make more sense for that said person to burn it, bury it, throw it into a river 50 miles away, throw it in a random dumpster, etc... But not take it immediately to a transfer center where the evidence could be tracked and traced specifically back to him. Honestly. :facepalm:

Here is a link re: How LE finds evidence at landfills http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...naev_laptop_how_do_you_search_a_landfill.html

Great post! I was waiting/HOPING someone would insert some logic as I try to catch up.

I haven't yet seen anything that makes me believe there is more than one involved. Since LE said that the voice on the audio is BG, BG is the only frame of reference and POI I have for the crime.

they absolutely did not say the voices the audio was BG. <mod snip>

Hi NightOwl77, I'm not sure about how the local paper in Delphi handles obituaries and death notices specifically, but I've worked in newspapers for years, and "obits" are generally paid, and when they're paid, they're usually written by a funeral home with help of the family. (BUT Obits for someone like a prominent local business leader, etc., would likely be written by a reporter at the paper, and not "paid," but news.)

In contrast, "death notices" are, in my experience, "one-line," public record listings. Very short. They also most often are submitted by funeral homes. Occasionally, they arrive from a law enforcement PIO or similar source.

Speaking from my experience only ... As an intern *cough forever *cough ago, I had to work the newsroom obit desk. The date of death could be wrong if the funeral home notes the day of death as the day they receive the body. And PIO reports can be incomplete when sent to a media outlet. Stuff like that.

<snipped quote for context>
And last but definitely not least ...I have been reading about Obit's and how they are posted in the newspaper. It sounds like some are official and go by a Death Notice which I am assuming assigns the date according to the Time of Death.
I ask this because Liberty's Obit says 2/13,... and it is very interesting to note they used the next day (the 14th) for Abby (at least in the links I followed online). If these go by the Time of Death, I would find it very significant. It would really narrow down on site or off site theories of where the actual murders took place.
If any locals know what the procedure is for these papers that posted these different dates it would really be helpful.

ATTENTION EVERYONE:

With the latest search warrant being served at the home of property owner Ron Logan we have decided to open up Ron Logan to sleuthing with these rules:

*Use his initials only (R.L.) or call him the land owner.

*This does not mean you can sleuth his family or neighbors.

*In the event you do discover something about someone else who happens to be connected to R.L. and you think
it is related to the case you must check with us before you post it.

* R.L HAS NOT BEEN NAMED A PERSON OF INTEREST. Please do not accuse him of the crime.

If you have any questions alert on any post and send us your question. Or you can send a private message to one of the mods.

To reiterate, You can now sleuth the land owner R.L. but ONLY R.L. No accusing R.L. or anyone of being the killer.

Thank you,
Tricia

Bumping just because !

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

I have been confused all along about why most of the billboards (that I saw images of) had photos of the girls that were larger than the picture of BG. I didn't understand why they would even be pictured at all, unless the wish was for someone driving past a billboard to recognize them. Which, to my mind, pretty much implies one thing... jmo

I think the choice for placement of the pictures on the billboards was odd, too. I saw two of them here in the Chattanooga, TN area. FWIW, I am happy the FBI went that route. It didn't work out this time, but it could in future cases.

I have been confused all along about why most of the billboards (that I saw images of) had photos of the girls that were larger than the picture of BG. I didn't understand why they would even be pictured at all, unless the wish was for someone driving past a billboard to recognize them. Which, to my mind, pretty much implies one thing... jmo

This makes sense. Damn scary.

I'm posting this to give everyone a better idea of how many alibi's LE have to work through in this case, & why the numbers are likely far higher than they would be for a town of comparable size.

Basically, the meat packing plant employs a significant number of RSO's.

I think that so far people may have only counted the "offender against children" entries on the Delphi RSO list. This has given an inaccurate total for the number of RSO's working in the vicinity of the crime scene

If you include "sex offenders" & "sexually violent predators", then (today) 41 out of a total of 55 have the meat packing plant listed as an address on their RSO entry.

I believe the records have been updated as a result of this investigation because (I think) originally the numbers were higher in the first week, possibly 59 out of 60something- & there are also definitely new faces in the list this week.

(IF we're considering the plant in this case, personally I'm more inclined to veer towards those listed as "sexually violent predators" but it will take me an hour or more to articulate why)

http://www.icrimewatch.net/results....ltaddr=home_addr&excludeIncarcerated=0&page=1

<mod snip>. ABC News said, not LE and that was way early on. I've already addressed this in another post.

He had a drink in Americus, which is a suburb of Lafayette where RL also said he was buying fish.

Perhaps he goes to Tippecanoe County for his 'beer runs' to avoid buying local where someone might see him.

Thanks for the feedback. No sarcasm at all. Did not realize that that many people were doing this with all the risk involved. Of the people you know that do this:
Do many get caught?
Are they careful in that they obey traffic laws?
Do they still drink & drive?
Thanks
I have a close family member that has not had a license in 20+ years. He has registered/ titled and insured vehicles in friends' or other family members' names. He drives pretty much daily for work. He has also continued to drink and drive- more so in the earlier years and not so much now. He is a "functioning" alcoholic. Many of his friends are in the same boat. He cannot afford the legal fees involved in pursuing his license again although at this point he likely would be able to get it back. He has "only" been pulled over twice for driving on a suspended license in 20+ years.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

That definitely was said by LE later. I'll try to find a link

Edit : actually, 1.5 seconds later I'm not sure. But I'll try & find the discussion, there was definitely discussion over it

Edit2 : & 30 seconds later I'm 99.9% sure you're right & it I confused it with the BG=perpetrator quote NOT BG=audio

But I'll still look for something to support/debunk

It usually is because the Transfer Stations are only for residents of the municipality or the county where the transfer station is located. In most cases you have to show ID unless they know you personally.

Not to rain on anybody's Hope Parade, but where I live we just have to pay $1 cash, in a pole barn. No cameras. No receipts unless you ask, then it's hand-written. Just sayin'.

JMO..it's really hard for me to imagine someone subduing 2 young teens & committing these murders while intoxicated, even if they weren't in their 70's. Not to mention walking on that old bridge to get to the victims. Not saying as fact it couldn't happen..only that I personally just can't imagine it.

Ever heard of liquid courage?:toastred:

I have a close family member that has not had a license in 20+ years. He has registered/ titled and insured vehicles in friends' or other family members' names. He drives pretty much daily for work. He has also continued to drink and drive- more so in the earlier years and not so much now. He is a "functioning" alcoholic. Many of his friends are in the same boat. He cannot afford the legal fees involved in pursuing his license again although at this point he likely would be able to get it back. He has "only" been pulled over twice for driving on a suspended license in 20+ years.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Ugh, my ex drove on an expired license for years...was afraid some old driving charge from FL would show up when he tried to renew, it drove me crazy (no pun intended.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed