IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean overall appearance. I would love to see one of our digital image whizbangs blur or paint over the faces in a comparison of BG and RL so we are not looking at facial features but head tilt, arm position, leg position, etc.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but why would you want to leave out facial features?

I agree about the coincidences (as Ian Fleming wrote, once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action!). But in all fairness, we don't know RL was parked under the bridge. Nin's map shows that RL's property is on the north side of creek, while I'd been assuming it was south (because photos of the search of RL's property seemed to show a driveway like one visible south of the creek on Google maps). Yes, he could have pre-positioned a vehicle under the bridge, but the route from his house would be more circuitous than I thought.

Quite true. We don't know that he was parked, and we don't know when he was there, but we do know that police had probable cause to search his property a short time after the murders, and impound his vehicle ... so chances are that he was at the Transfer Station before the girls photographed the suspect on the bridge.

He could have spotted the girls from the road, parked his vehicle, gone up the hill, started to cross the bridge, turned around - scaring one of them enough to capture film of the suspect, told them to go down the hill, assaulted and murdered them, and left in his vehicle at 5:30 or 6. He could have been home by 6:30PM ... with his story about 'tropical fish'.

If I am L and A's family, I would not want a tip to wait one second!!!!! MOO
I agree. Also I wonder if they searched the dump. Maybe RL caught the BG assaulting the girls and shot him and took him to the dump with other evidence. What if BG saw girls being taken off trail by RL and tried to help them and was shot by RL and disposed of at the dump.

Iirc, Nin did a map and someone's house was on that road right near that Transfer Station.

Nin, yoo hoo. Can you repost that?

I mentioned there are only a few properties N of the CCTS. Remember, we cannot sleuth friends or families of the victims.

attachment.php

All IMO

-Nin

Attachments

• CCTS.jpg
    CCTS.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 367
Where I live, we have both a County Transfer Station and a privately owned Transfer Station, and they both historically have only collected garbage. To be "transferred" via truck to an actual landfill (50 miles away.) Until very recently, neither of them accepted any Recycling whatsoever, only Garbage.

Worth adding too that so many folks I know won't go out of their way to recycle. Like if there's pickup then see but to have to go out of your way to recycle? So many just toss that stuff in the regular garbage. RL doesn't really seem like the type to care a lot about recycling. Shoot, I know people who live in rural areas with lots of woods who burn their garbage still. So I'm going to imagine he was dropping off trash not recycling. Not sure it makes much difference but tossing that out there. I've also never heard recycling centers called transfer centers before but I've also never been to a transfer center either so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope that someone who has more familiarity with the exact locations of the transfer station, the bridge, the bodies, and the property owner's house can post a map.
Wonder what RL took to the dump and if there is an incinerator or trash compactor like some centers have. What if he caught the BG assaulting the girls and killed him. Could have taken BG body to dump and felt justified for what he did. Maybe that's why BG couldn't come forward. Or BG caught RL assaulting the girls and tried to help them and was taken out himself.

Worth adding too that so many folks I know won't go out of their way to recycle. Like if there's pickup then see but to have to go out of your way to recycle? So many just toss that stuff in the regular garbage. RL doesn't really seem like the type to care a lot about recycling. Shoot, I know people who live in rural areas with lots of woods who burn their garbage still. So I'm going to imagine he was dropping off trash not recycling. Not sure it makes much difference but tossing that out there. I've also never heard recycling centers called transfer centers before but I've also never been to a transfer center either so...

I grew up in a small town in the country and we had a transfer station. We also had recycling there. It was and still is a transfer station and has the recycling. Also in recent years they also have been imposing fines for not recycling. So it may be required. Just my 2 pennies.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Not many get caught really. Some careful,only drive in daytime,but others still drink and drive as well.I myself have done it too when i lost my license.Still had to get to work, I got caught leaving work at 3 in the morning driving while suspended,State police,wrote me a ticket,let me drive home (over 30 miles away) and charges were dropped when i went to court cause the time had passed and i got my license back before i went to court.So yes,everyone does it.

Thanks websleuthin,
I often mistakenly think everyone else is like me. They aren't. Perhaps RL was doing what other people he knows would do in the same situation. Some behavior is cultural. I still don't think RL should have behaved this way but, your comment has helped me see RL in a different light.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but why would you want to leave out facial features?

Because IMO the BG face is distorted and probably has shadows that make it difficult to tell what the face really looks like. I was struck by the similarities in body and head attitudes. Not a stupid question at all. Everyone is trying to understand and figure out for themselves why would anyone kill two girls whether they believe SK or something closer to home. I personally found the passive/aggressive comment about logic upthread to be pretty rude to everyone.

Not to rain on anybody's Hope Parade, but where I live we just have to pay $1 cash, in a pole barn. No cameras. No receipts unless you ask, then it's hand-written. Just sayin'.

Hmmm. Where I live, there are cameras everywhere, you have to show ID...you're assigned a certain 'bay' for your contents, there are employees in there looking at everything you dump, etc...

Of the large SO contingent working at the plant, many/most seem to have out of area alternate addresses. Quite a few of those other addresses are in Kokomo. I wonder if any group up for the commute? Or I wonder if someone lost their means of transportation, and needed a local place to stay. Maybe a farm, with a path that leads to a trail that leads to the road that takes you to work. Sometimes you get a ride to work, sometimes you have to take the trail. It's about a 3 mile walk, there are plenty of people around me who do a 2-3 mile walk to work, when they have to. IMO MOO

Unless he rode with someone,,or they have no video/witness to prove it.These are very specific violations that i assume will be backed up by surveillance video. Had this murder never happened,and assuming he is innocent,these violations would have been overlooked by probation,,IMO.LE used this as an opportunity to nab him and investigate further.
Oh for sure. I guess what I'm wondering then is if he even told the media he went to buy fish, why isn't that violation also listed on the paper? You see what I'm saying? Unless he never got fish at all.

She was nice enough to give us all a gentle reminder. Thanks would suffice.

Thanks, WVWoman!

YOU ARE SO RIGHT JLSChook! Thank you so much for alerting me about missing an opportunity to thank someone. And, thank you, too.

On made it up to page 35 on this thread today and have a few questions for you Sleuth Veterans.

Pertaining to the board in general:
When do they close a #'d thread before they open the next digit? I mean like how many pages?

Pertaining to the case:
Does anyone know (on the night of the 13th) if the search extended across the stream at all? Or if it bordered the stream on the opposite side?

Does anyone who has been to the site know (w/ the leaves being off the trees) if there is a clear line of site from the bridge over to the other side of the stream where RL's property is and where the girls were found?

And last but definitely not least ...I have been reading about Obit's and how they are posted in the newspaper. It sounds like some are official and go by a Death Notice which I am assuming assigns the date according to the Time of Death.
I ask this because Liberty's Obit says 2/13,... and it is very interesting to note they used the next day (the 14th) for Abby (at least in the links I followed online). If these go by the Time of Death, I would find it very significant. It would really narrow down on site or off site theories of where the actual murders took place.
If any locals know what the procedure is for these papers that posted these different dates it would really be helpful.

Roughly 1000 posts, and a new thread is created. When this forum first opened, some people were in more isolated areas where the refresh rate was slow. Capping this at 1000 seems to have made a difference ... just going from memory.

Maybe one girl was murdered early, and the other survived a few hours - went for a truck ride somewhere and then he returned to the scene of the crime? I don't think that happened.

What if he took them to his property where they were assaulted, then to the creek, then he murdered them, then he drove his truck home. This fits with the evidence, and the searches.

Isn't there something about cell phone pings all over the place? If the suspect was dumb enough to take the phone - because of the video - and not know that it was already uploaded to wifi, and drive around with it, perhaps it is someone like RL.

Spiritecho explained a few pages back how some people have access to a different version of Odyssey that allows them to click on links and view court documents that others cannot.

I am assuming this is how this was done.

Jmo.

Yes, saw that after i already posted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads