IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Addressing the portion BBM above. Yes, two young girls were killed but there are other crimes and offenses that need to be addressed by LE whether it's related or not, it became clear to LE he broke the law. I have no idea if RL is guilty of a double murder or not but he clearly is guilty of repeatedly driving under the influence.
I remember early on LE stated that the perp of this crime might be changing their behavior. Perhaps RL was in AA and quit drinking for a time than gets caught out drinking once again.
This case makes my HR and BP boil.
I'm going for a run and I hope all of you sleuthers take some time away from the case to breath. It's a lot of intensity so balance that out.
Justice is around the bend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBBM

JMO...
Having 2 young girls found dead on my property would be enough to make me drink and I don't have an alcohol dependency.
JMO.

Not arguing here. I promise. The letter of the law regarding search warrants dictates, by definition, that probable cause is established. They are very specific, like you said, and can be contested by the target of the warrant. All must have probable cause, which is approved by a neutral party (judge or magistrate). My point was that LE is obviously doing very thorough, exhaustive work on this case.
Maybe I'm talking semantics. It's very possible we're actually talking about the same thing and aren't in disagreement at all. :thinking:

"Police officers obtain search warrants by convincing a neutral and detached magistrate that they have 'probable cause' to believe that criminal activity is occurring at the place to be searched or that evidence of a crime may be found there."

Source: http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/search-warrant-basics-29742.html#

We don't know what types of SW were served on any of those 70 people. They could be all for DNA swab because they are registered SOs (guessing). But I think it would be HIGHLY unlikely that they had 70 probable cause documents. I did some extensive reading on that subject. It really is only saved for the main suspects. And I want to be fair, I also unearthed some cases where they were served and mistaken. Human error. But I don't for one minute believe that this was rushed (it was serviced a month later). I think it was for forensics.
Tools, weapons , garbage bag box lot, zip ties, receipts, mud, rug fibers, duct tape etc. Good old fashioned evidence.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

<snip>We don't know But I don't for one minute believe that this was rushed (it was serviced a month later). I think it was for forensics.
Tools, weapons , garbage bag box lot, zip ties, receipts, mud, rug fibers, duct tape etc. Good old fashioned evidence.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
My theory:
I have thought since the initial search perhaps a sent dog hit on 'something'.For the sake of argument let's say a 'tarp' was used or dragged?Dogs then lost the scent and detectives believe the evidence was moved or hidden either in the CS peripheral or outbuilding's or even there is a second crime scene.Perhaps in the Timeline there is suspicion evidence was removed by by a scachel or vehicle or take your pick.

I believe you are correct the searches are for forensics specifically related to the CS.

This is just a scenario I thought of when I read nini9s post.

Please feel free to use this post as a piñata.
:cow:

Does anyone know the specifics of the transfer station in question? Is there a landfill there?

The probation violations which state the incidents in which RL violated his conditions.. those particular ones may be the only ones which are provable. However.. I am imagining that there may have been several other 'tips' called in by locals, saying they had seen RL out and about, perhaps many times, perhaps driving his vehicle, perhaps drinking in a licensed establishment, but which can't really be *proven*, or which can't be necessarily pinned down for date and time.. and so LE used the ones that were provable in order to ask for his probation to be revoked. Just my thoughts only.

Also, in regard to him being at the land transfer station, I'm thinking that LE had asked for the LT's video records for the time surrounding the murders, and perhaps it took awhile to go through them.. and when they did, they may have recognized RL and his vehicle.. and in so doing, they may have realized that the trip to the TS was not in RL's statement of his whereabouts during that day (Feb 13). It would only make sense that LE would be searching through video of the TS as it seems they were looking for something around the time of the discovery.

So if, in searching the recordings, and finding RL there, and realizing RL's reporting of his activities that day omitted that little detail, they realized he lied (perhaps merely a lie of omission? there is nothing to say that he did not ALSO go and buy fish in Lafayette).. and that lie of omission made him look like he may have been hiding something.. when in reality, he may have neglected to mention merely because he knew it'd get him *busted* as far as probation violations.. just the timing is terrible and police aren't taking things lightly right now.

I can imagine that LE are extremely PO'd at RL for saving his own butt and omitting that detail, at this particular time,.. so they nabbed him with whatever they could. Tomorrow will surely be interesting, to see what happens in court?

I knew an old man one time, who was a daily, heavy drinker.. and who got his license taken away at one point.. it was terrible for him, because he lived in a rural area (similar to RL) with nothing around him, and had to depend on others for every little thing... something which at his elderly age, he was NOT accustomed to doing. He paid people to take him places, or run errands for him.. but at the end of the day, if he needed something, and couldn't get help at that time.. I can imagine the temptation to just take the chance and take care of whatever he needed on his own, by driving himself.

It is likely only because of the unfortunate event and its location that he and his property are being investigated. They probably have the right to impound RL's vehicle for x number of days, considering they seem to have proof that he drove his vehicle when it was forbidden. Can't help feeling sorry for the old guy, even though he obviously has an alcohol problem and thumbs his nose at the law in order to deal with his daily living requirements. Those things are a far cry from suddenly killing 2 teen girls after 77 years of life.

According to an on camera interview with Inside Edition, the text portion of the link said RL told the reporter he'd gone to buy fish, IIRC. It's possible he said he had appointments but the piece didn't indicate that TTBOMK.

ETA link

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...rty-where-bodies-of-indiana-hikers-were-found

JMO...
He said he went to buy the fish on Monday. I'm talking about Tuesday morning when he went into Delphi for *something* and wasn't home to help search.
Peace.
JMO.

JMO...
He said he went to buy the fish on Monday. I'm talking about Tuesday morning when he went into Delphi for *something* and wasn't home to help search.
Peace.
JMO.

Sorry, misunderstood.

I wish I knew what he said he did on the 14th between search resuming and his return home after the girls were found. I don't recall him saying anything more specific than he went to Delphi.

The law quoted is related to those ARRESTED for felonies. RL's DNA should be in the system because he was convicted. MOO

JMO...
I completely agree with you, but follow the link in the post you responded to. The law didn't take effect until the summer of 2016. RL was convicted in the fall of 2014. Unless they take DNA retroactively, I don't think RL's is on file.
JMO.

Yes I will, but not about the girls the appearance; it's going to take some time so be patient please.
Here's what I see in the tilted picture of BG. His right arm is not in the jacket sleeve and his hand is not in the pocket. What was thought to be a fanny pack is his right hand possibly tucked partially into a lower pocket. It appears the 'exposing' has been edited for PG purposes but the general outlines are still there in the center of his jeans. The goggles are visible below his face and there may be a scarf covering his lower face for protection.

Sorry, misunderstood.

I wish I knew what he said he did on the 14th between search resuming and his return home after the girls were found. I don't recall him saying anything more specific than he went to Delphi.

No problem. It's all good!

Yeah. You, me and everyone else following this case would LOVE to know that! (And a whole bunch of other things too, I bet!)

JMO...
I completely agree with you, but follow the link in the post you responded to. The law didn't take effect until the summer of 2016. RL was convicted in the fall of 2014. Unless they take DNA retroactively, I don't think RL's is on file.
JMO.

It is going to take me awhile to find the applicable law but as I understand it DNA was taken after convictions long before 2014. MOO, of course. Until I find the statute.

Yes I will, but not about the girls the appearance; it's going to take some time so be patient please.
In the upright picture of BG the goggle shape has changed very little. The right hand (where we thought we saw the fanny pack) is closed or somewhat clenched. On the left leg you can see a clear bottle of clear liquid. The left-hand appears to be in his pocket possibly gripping the bottle.

JMO...

Why would RL leave Tuesday morning when his property was being searched for 2 missing girls instead of staying to help search because he knows his property better than anyone else?

Doctor appointment.
Dentist appointment.
Scheduled probation officer check in.
The dog had a vet appointment.

Basically, anything someone could have already had scheduled that they needed to do.

I think we keep forgetting the girls were only missing at this point. There were other areas around town being searched the night before besides the bridge/creek area, and IIRC, Monday night the searchers near the trails focused on the trails, the bridge and downstream from the bridge (no link, so JMO). RL's property is upstream from the bridge. Also, there was speculation (again no link so JMO) one of the girls may have tried to go to her brother's or father's house, or they just picked up and went somewhere else to hang out with friends. Teenagers being teenagers. I remember not always being where I told my mom I was going. Not often, but sometimes I'd end up somewhere else. Tuesday morning it was still a rescue search, not a recovery search.

I have no idea how much involvement RL has in this if any at all. I'm not going to be surprised either way at this point. I want to see whomever did this locked up with the key thrown away. I'm kind of hoping it's a SK/SO and other cases can be solved too, but if it's RL then it's RL. May justice be served for Abby and Libby.

JMO.

Ya know it was the neighbor that asked if they could search his property. Correct?
It wasnt LE. So it's very possible he just thought these kids were lost and maybe thought they were found..
Law.enforcement wasn't searching his property
Till after the neighbor found the bodies.
I'm very curious is the neighbor that asked to search RL'S property the same neighbor that found the girls bodies.
Tooo much a coincidence for me. Neighbor asks to search
Then neighbor finds bodies..

Something to think about.

Questionei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors