IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hyperfocus on RL is somewhat understandable since he's really the only person LE has mentioned by name, thereby he's really the only person that Websleuths TOS allows us to sleuth.

THAT SAID, I just keep reminding myself: Family, friends, neighbors, community members of these girls (and of RL) are probably reading these threads. I suggest we put down the pitchforks and torches regarding RL and be very careful about not accusing people of crimes they have not been charged with. :please:

My heart aches for all of them.

For context, I'll repost the MSM report I shared in the prior thread:

–––––––

LE has issued "approximately 70 search warrants and subpoenas ..." in this case.

(quote source: March 13 Fox 59 news report: http://fox59.com/2017/03/13/police-c...-investigation)

–––––––

RL was only one of the people served.

Plus, I strongly believe we're just bored and chasing our tails as we speculate as to why RL remains in custody and his truck was impounded.

I've learned a limited amount about DUI law during my experience in the journalism business, and in the few law courses I've taken, and working with attorneys and helping an ex through law school ... and, heck, I also learned from close family (and from myself becoming a victim to a man) who repeatedly violated felony and/or "third-strike DUI rules.

I doubt Indiana law is substantially different than most states when it comes to felony DUI and repeat probation violation. IMHO.

What I'm getting at is RL's being in jail and his car being impounded does not substantiate in any way RL's guilt or innocence in the related murder case. Also, none of it proves or disproves RL is BG. IMHO, none of it is relevant to the murder case. Here's why:

1. Impounding RL's truck: That's not uncommon when people frequently violate terms of DUI probation. It's very likely it's not related to the murders of Libby and Abby, in my most humble and marginally educated opinion. And it happens.

2. Holding RL in jail. This also is common with frequent violators of felony DUI (and/or so-called "third-strike") probation conditions. They're immediately jailed and held without bail. The time they're in jail while waiting on court proceedings is counted as "time served" if the court decides to revoke his probation. This is accepted practice.
If I'm wrong, I'm sure I'll be corrected. :loveyou:

Patience, folks. Justice is coming, imo. I can feel it.

Thanks.

The vehicle was part of the probation violation, so that's another reason to impound the vehicle. The correspondence of dates for the abduction and probation investigation could be related to the fact that RL was caught violating probation because of the murders.

Initial confrontation? How do we explain the down the hill?
The video does not show the attack on the bridge...unless you've seen something the rest of us haven't. MOO
Han, the post was saying that FBI was there the night they were missing. This opinion you posted is basing on after found. Two different things.
This isn't something I dreamed up to be sensational. It is something I see in the photos (and evidence I find in changes between the photos) that points me toward an attack that had already begun as they were rushed. The attack occurs at the end of the bridge before they go down the hill. All of this is MOO. And no, I haven't seen a video. Much of this has already been expressed by other members. I don't think it was pulled together into an explanation but there's been much discussion about possible goggles, possible exposure and the issue of the placement of his hands.

My husband just asked me, "Why would a land owner leave the bodies on his own property if he was involved?". In my reply, I said, "...and, if there was his DNA in the crime scene area, he could claim he was out there walking prior to that." Then I recalled that in an early telephone interview for CNN reporters, RL said, "I walk out there all the time, day and night". Controlling the narrative?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1702/20/ptab.01.html

What I would love to know is.....RL obviously drove himself a lot, he obviously owns his truck(even if in someone else's name)

WHY NOW did he get violated for his probation? Why did they NOW make a big deal out of his truck being parked across the road from his home?

This was not something he did for the first time in the 2-3 years he's been on probation.

The $200+k reward likely brought forth information about people and activities that otherwise would've went ignored.

The vehicle was part of the probation violation, so that's another reason to impound the vehicle. The correspondence of dates for the abduction and probation investigation could be related to the fact that RL was caught violating probation because of the murders.

I will not be at all surprised if we later hear from LE sources that RL's statements and demeanor in media video interviews was very closely scrutinized by investigators. I'd be more surprised if they hadn't paid close attention to interviews. IMO

Do you have a link to this please?
I have only seen the two pictures released by LE.. no other video? TIA

From the photos, we know that the girls were accosted on the bridge. We know that they were very likely told to go "down the hill" at the end of the bridge. Attack is probably an overstatement, but be know that the children were no longer free to do as they pleased after them met the suspect on the bridge.

This isn't something I dreamed up to be sensational. It is something I see in the photos (and evidence I find in changes between the photos) that points me toward an attack that had already begun as they were rushed. The attack occurs at the end of the bridge before they go down the hill. All of this is MOO. And no, I haven't seen a video. Much of this has already been expressed by other members. I don't think it was pulled together into an explanation but there's been much discussion about possible goggles, possible exposure and the issue of the placement of his hands.

I had thought maybe stun gun or pepper spray but it didn't seem likely to me if the next sequence of events led to the down the hill command. I guess we will have most things answered at trial because I believe LE will get their man. JMO

From the photos, we know that the girls were accosted on the bridge. We know that they were very likely told to go "down the hill" at the end of the bridge. Attack is probably an overstatement, but be know that the children were no longer free to do as they pleased after them met the suspect on the bridge.

Fair enough.

Although as we have all analysed we have no idea which way on the bridge they were so they may not have been on the bridge when he accosted them (I think they were)

I just thought the poster meant he/she had knowledge about an actual attack on the bridge or an additional video clip/statement had been released (been MIA this weekend and this thread moves quite fast)

Thank you for clearing up the point for me.

All Moo

Police have said voice on phone and picture of BG may not be the same person. In my opinion if RL is the killer he may have also done something to the BG because BG may have been a witness to actions of RL. Only time will tell.

But can you address it please, because I don't see what you see in the picture. Can you explain how the transfer station adds into the theory. Also, can you explain the motive of an acid attack hidden back in the woods? Aren't these typically out in urban areas or do you think these victims were picked out specifically? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes I will, but not about the girls the appearance; it's going to take some time so be patient please.

One more thought. My dad owns 20+ acres in IN, much like RL's property. He is 76 years old and walks it daily. I'm bothered that RL left after asked to search his property for missing girls....he knows his property better than anyone else! Then he leaves the next day when they're still missing? Most older folks are "nosey". Or curious....why would he leave?

JMO...

Why would RL leave Tuesday morning when his property was being searched for 2 missing girls instead of staying to help search because he knows his property better than anyone else?

Doctor appointment.
Dentist appointment.
Scheduled probation officer check in.
The dog had a vet appointment.

Basically, anything someone could have already had scheduled that they needed to do.

I think we keep forgetting the girls were only missing at this point. There were other areas around town being searched the night before besides the bridge/creek area, and IIRC, Monday night the searchers near the trails focused on the trails, the bridge and downstream from the bridge (no link, so JMO). RL's property is upstream from the bridge. Also, there was speculation (again no link so JMO) one of the girls may have tried to go to her brother's or father's house, or they just picked up and went somewhere else to hang out with friends. Teenagers being teenagers. I remember not always being where I told my mom I was going. Not often, but sometimes I'd end up somewhere else. Tuesday morning it was still a rescue search, not a recovery search.

I have no idea how much involvement RL has in this if any at all. I'm not going to be surprised either way at this point. I want to see whomever did this locked up with the key thrown away. I'm kind of hoping it's a SK/SO and other cases can be solved too, but if it's RL then it's RL. May justice be served for Abby and Libby.

JMO.

Fair enough.Although as we have all analysed we have no idea which way on the bridge they were so they may not have been on the bridge when he accosted them (I think they were)I just thought the poster meant he/she had knowledge about an actual attack on the bridge or an additional video clip/statement had been released (been MIA this weekend and this thread moves quite fast)Thank you for clearing up the point for me.All Moo
I'm sorry for the confusion.

Completely and totally agree. I didn't accuse you of having a torch or pitchfork, and I apologize if that's how it came across.

My post was in response to the cumulative impact of circular speculations that, in reality, probably have pretty straightforward answers according to the law. Again, sincere apologies. My intention is not to offend or to be patronizing. I truly enjoy your posts and the opportunities that Websleuths provides.
:peace:

I personally have no pitch fork or torch, when I am unsure I tend to keep a little quiet but some times my thoughts need to be out of my head.

Yes we are a victim friendly forum and I try and be considerate of any friends or family that may be reading these threads. Websleuths is very highly regarded by many of those, sometimes they sign up and thank us.

My point of view is this. The finger of suspicion is pointed at RL for some type of involvement because of his own actions and because of the actions AND words of LE. LE stated in the interview at his property, the day of the SW that probable cause had led them to obtain the SW, and that the SW was to hopefully either "clear him or make him a higher suspect" - Higher suspect. To me that says at that time LE believed him to be suspect in some shape or form. We know he was arrested for violating his probation but LE stated the SW was in connection to the double homicide not his probation violation.

Now what we do here at WS is try and join the dots, figure out how LE got to where they have with the information we have available. IMO that is what we are doing. We are allowed to sleuth RL to try and come to that conclusion but not to accuse him of the murders. If you see a post that does that alert it for a moderators attention.

We have really great, intelligent, resourceful posters on these threads, you are relatively new but you seem to be one too. Lets keep these threads open and keep on sleuthing until we have an arrest and justice for the our victims here, Abby & Libby, and their loved ones.

I just needed to say something. Not that I don't agree with your post :peace:

The vehicle was part of the PV because it was parked across the street to his house and he had access to it and he was not supposed to.
The vehicle being towed away had something to do with the search warrant that was served in relation to the murders.

JMO...

Why would RL leave Tuesday morning when his property was being searched for 2 missing girls instead of staying to help search because he knows his property better than anyone else?

Doctor appointment.
Dentist appointment.
Scheduled probation officer check in.
The dog had a vet appointment.

Basically, anything someone could have already had scheduled that they needed to do.

I think we keep forgetting the girls were only missing at this point. There were other areas around town being searched the night before besides the bridge/creek area, and IIRC, Monday night the searchers near the trails focused on the trails, the bridge and downstream from the bridge (no link, so JMO). RL's property is upstream from the bridge. Also, there was speculation (again no link so JMO) one of the girls may have tried to go to her brother's or father's house, or they just picked up and went somewhere else to hang out with friends. Teenagers being teenagers. I remember not always being where I told my mom I was going. Not often, but sometimes I'd end up somewhere else. Tuesday morning it was still a rescue search, not a recovery search.

I have no idea how much involvement RL has in this if any at all. I'm not going to be surprised either way at this point. I want to see whomever did this locked up with the key thrown away. I'm kind of hoping it's a SK/SO and other cases can be solved too, but if it's RL then it's RL. May justice be served for Abby and Libby.

JMO.

According to an on camera interview with Inside Edition, the text portion of the link said RL told the reporter he'd gone to buy fish, IIRC. It's possible he said he had appointments but the piece didn't indicate that TTBOMK.

ETA link

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...rty-where-bodies-of-indiana-hikers-were-found

Completely and totally agree. I didn't accuse you of having a torch or pitchfork, and I apologize if that's how it came across.

My post was in response to the cumulative impact of circular speculations that, in reality, probably have pretty straightforward answers according to the law. Again, sincere apologies. My intention is not to offend or to be patronizing. I truly enjoy your posts and the opportunities that Websleuths provides.
:peace:

No need to apologise, I quoted you but my post could have easily landed at random. No offense here, It's all good :)

The vehicle was part of the PV because it was parked across the street to his house and he had access to it and he was not supposed to.
The vehicle being towed away had something to do with the search warrant that was served in relation to the murders.

Yes, and I recall there was red evidence tape across the passenger door as it was being towed away. They meant business.

Do we have any msm sources to suggest if the truck was returned and if so, when?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members