IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it's a small town in a mostly rural county. They likely have routinely given offenders like RL a pass...in the past. Now all of this is front and center and they simply have to do what the law requires.

There is nothing else going on with him, IMO.

He is not BG and IMO not involved in the murders. Could the actual murderer have been in one of his outbuildings? Sure, but I doubt it.

If I had the power, I would erase any reference to RL from these threads. But there is nothing else to be sleuthed, so round and round we go.

Ultimately I believe RL will be totally cleared by LE but there will always be people claiming otherwise, even if/when someone else is charged.

RL is not a saint. He makes really bad decisions but I don't believe murder was one of them.

At least in a court of law, RL would be able to defend himself...not so in the social media court of opinion.

The photo LE thought would bring this to a quick close has failed.

Perhaps this is why:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1201335/The-eyes-recognising-know.html

"Our brain looks at a person's eyes first to identify a face, according to a study. It found the brain tries to obtain the maximum amount of information possible from a face, get vital information from, firstly someone's eyes, then the shape of their mouth and, thirdly, their nose "

End of rant. Back to lurking.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The point of websleuths is to sleuth. If we removed all mentions of the person whose property the girls were found on, who investigators were looking at to clear or connect to the case, who inserted himself into the case, who gave a "fish shopping" alibi but was at a recycle center, who has a known alcohol problem and a past protection order against him...well, we wouldn't be very good sleuths.

I understand why people caution against jumping to conclusions with RL. I myself hold him as having "probable" but not certain involvement, but I am open to the likelihood an alternative person may be responsible if evidence is revealed to suggest that.

But whenever I read someone who just wants to clear RL altogether, despite FBI/LE issuing a probable cause SW...to be honest, it comes off as...both bias and unrealistic. Imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is going to take me awhile to find the applicable law but as I understand it DNA was taken after convictions long before 2014. MOO, of course. Until I find the statute.

JMO...
It would be nice if it was already on file. Hoping I misinterpreted what I read and you are right
JMO.

JMO...
It would be nice if it was already on file. Hoping I misinterpreted what I read and you are right
JMO.

From 2009 regarding collection after conviction:

Current state law requires DNA samples to be collected from any person convicted of a felony. Those samples are analyzed and uploaded to the national database to assist with criminal investigations of current and older, unsolved cases.

http://www.in.gov/portal/news_events/35347.htm

Ya know it was the neighbor that asked if they could search his property. Correct?
It wasnt LE. So it's very possible he just thought these kids were lost and maybe thought they were found..
Law.enforcement wasn't searching his property
Till after the neighbor found the bodies.
I'm very curious is the neighbor that asked to search RL'S property the same neighbor that found the girls bodies.
Tooo much a coincidence for me. Neighbor asks to search
Then neighbor finds bodies..

Something to think about.

Questionei

JMO...
I'd be interested in knowing that too.
JMO.

-
RL lied in a Murder investigation, imo.

He's also wearing something that looks strangely like a shoulder holster.

He's not cooperating in said Murder Investigation.

-

Can't help feeling sorry for the old guy, even though he obviously has an alcohol problem and thumbs his nose at the law in order to deal with his daily living requirements. Those things are a far cry from suddenly killing 2 teen girls after 77 years of life.

I don't really feel that sorry for him. The police made it very clear that neither RL, nor anybody else needed to fear being punished for probation violations etc. if they were truthful with the investigation. RL then still chose to protect himself.

Also, the police need to consider three general possibilities with RL:
- A, No involvement
-B. Full involvement
-C. Partial involvement as either an accessory after the fact, or concealing the identity of the murderer.

RL's lies may well have led the police to feel that possibility "C" needed a very close investigation. As such, it would be perfectly reasonable to examine Rl's movements, truck, and home closely as the murderer could have been a house guest.

Though possibility "A" may well be the end result with RL, pursuing possibility "C" or even "B" with him following his deceptions represents very reasonable police action. Likewise, the police having him detained while they fully explored possibility "C" was reasonable as well.

What I would find useful would be to generate two lists of possible motives for the homicides. One list (A) would be if BG = RL...a second list (B) would be if there are two perps, BG does not = RL. All this in the name of sleuthing...not accusing nor implying guilt at all.

Thinking outside the box can be good and lead us to unexplored possibilities. However, respectfully, I'm not seeing this as a possibility here. From my quick google search acid attacks are more of a disfiguring punishment used by certain ethnicity. Not used on white children as a mode of murder. http://www.acidviolence.org/index.php/acid-violence/why-acid-burns

MOO of course.

In the upright picture of BG the goggle shape has changed very little. The right hand (where we thought we saw the fanny pack) is closed or somewhat clenched. On the left leg you can see a clear bottle of clear liquid. The left-hand appears to be in his pocket possibly gripping the bottle.

I don't really feel that sorry for him. The police made it very clear that neither RL, nor anybody else needed to fear being punished for probation violations etc. if they were truthful with the investigation. RL then still chose to protect himself.

Also, the police need to consider three general possibilities with RL:
- A, No involvement
-B. Full involvement
-C. Partial involvement as either an accessory after the fact, or concealing the identity of the murderer.

RL's lies may well have led the police to feel that possibility "c" needed a very close investigation. As such, it would be perfectly reasonable to examine Rl's movements, truck, and home closely as the murderer could have been a house guest.

Though possibility "A" may well be the end result with RL, pursuing possibility "C" or even "B" with him following his deceptions represents very reasonable police action.

Is there a source for the BBM? I missed the beginning of this case and don't doubt it, just would like to read for context. Thanks in advance.

Also, second thought here where is the proof the vehicle is returned?
Sorry just want to base opinions on facts.

Question..if anyone recalls right off hand - while LE has said people didn't have to fear being punished when coming forward, hasn't it also been reported that there were other arrests made (besides RL)during their investigations?

It's in his driveway now

Thanks Cryptonite, I'm assuming you've driven by his home and know his truck by sight? Or perhaps it's something you've read?

I guess he'll have to get someone to drive his truck away when he gets out of jail. He's not to have access to a vehicle. :thinking:

-

You don't get to lie in a Murder investigation.

The same one he's refusing to cooperate in.

What a guy!

-

So o/t but I was reading some old posts, that bridge was a railroad???? A train used to cross that rickety thing????

Does anyone know what branch of the military RL served in?

The point of websleuths is to sleuth. If we removed all mentions of the person whose property the girls were found on, who investigators were looking at to clear or connect to the case, who inserted himself into the case, who gave a "fish shopping" alibi but was at a recycle center, who has a known alcohol problem and a past protection order against him...well, we wouldn't be very good sleuths.

I understand why people caution against jumping to conclusions with RL. I myself hold him as having "probable" but not certain involvement, but I am open to the likelihood an alternative person may be responsible if evidence is revealed to suggest that.

But whenever I read someone who just wants to clear RL altogether, despite FBI/LE issuing a probable cause SW...to be honest, it just makes me wonder if the poster is related to RL.

http://wishtv.com/2017/03/17/search...mily-continue-in-delphi-double-homicide-case/

“At this time just because we’re serving a search warrant and he’s in jail, I don’t want people to make that connection that he’s under arrest for double homicide because he’s not at this time,” said Sgt. Tony Slocum, Indiana State Police.

A judge granted a warrant for investigators to search his home and everything on the 40-acre property. But investigators would not share what piece of evidence gave them probable cause.

“I don’t believe it was just one piece of evidence I think the totality of evidence led to probable cause where a judge was able to issue a search warrant and that’s a normal course of business,” said Sgt. Slocum. “It’s not the first time we served a search warrant in this case.”

Investigators said they searched around a dozen homes trying to eliminate and rule people out in connection to the murders.

“We served multiple search warrants so far, and search warrants and evidence can either exonerate a person or maybe require law enforcement to take a closer look,” Slocum*said. “But at this time Ron Logan is not under arrest for the double homicides of Liberty German and Abigail Williams.”

We are not sleuthing the other 11 people for whom probable cause search warrants were issued.

Slocum seems to be making a general statement about exoneration or taking a closer look, which applies to everyone not just RL.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Is there a source for the BBM? I missed the beginning of this case and don't doubt it, just would like to read for context. Thanks in advance.
What does 'BBM' mean? Does it refer to the police's promise not to pursue probation violations etc. against truthful people in the course of the investigation? IF so, I don't have a ready source. My information came from one of the earlier threads which had a reference to the police in this regard. I don't think I"ll be able to find it though as there are so many threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper