IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said 'If' they say that

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

If LE clears him, he will be off limits for sleuthing. It is unusual, but I have seen cases where LE publically clears someone before an arrest is made.

If LE state RL has been released on bond and a very low $ amount paid for that bond then it's probably safe to say LE are not looking at RL as a POI any longer.
We could be waiting forever for that to be stated publicly so it might be smart for people to draw your own conclusions...

This is just bouncing off your post, not disagreeing.

We do not know that this will be a DNA case. There have been conflicting statements regarding DNA collected from the crime scene.
We also know that LE is not expecting to have evidence processed and reviewed from the last probable cause search of RL's property. I believe the search was 2 weeks ago, and at the time they reported that they expected results from that search to take 4 to 6 weeks. I am sorry that I am not backing myself up with links... it's all in the media thread... somewhere...

I'm with ya'. But I agree with those who think (was that you, Cluciano?) that in a high profile case of this magnitude - and let's face it, two murdered little girls who were just playing like any kids should be able to do, is very high profile - would've come back by now and been fast-tracked, if they had it.

Many people seem to assume these were sexual-related murders as most child killings by strangers are. But I don;t know if that's true. hence, there might not be DNA. Especially if there wasn't much contact.

People keep talking about how one perp was able to control two girls that age and size. To me it would be very easy with a gun. Without touching them at all.

I still think one of the biggest pieces of the puzzle to lead to the killer is the "why"? What is the most logical reason for BG to kill two 13/14 year old girls....thats the million dollar? I think if LE knows why they were killed which hopefully evidence has been recovered, such as manner of death to give them an inkling as to the motive. If LE has this I would think they probably have narrowed down their potential suspect list...MOO

Nobody has a logical reason to kill a child ever but a huge portion of child murders are either by family members or someone who has beef with the family. The other most common motive is cover-up of kidnapping/sex crime. The family is obviously not involved in this case so that leaves the other most likely motive which for the girls sake I really hope didn't occur but if it did they more than likely have DNA. I haven't heard of many child murders where there was a different motive than those two and not that I consider this any type of credibility but I've watched forensic files daily for years and I just haven't seen other motives except for a child who saw too much and was "kept quiet" which may have been the case here for all we know. Stranger murders are the rarest and don't have any rhyme or reason to them so anything is possible..
Just all my thoughts

This is one of the things that really gets to me about this case, she did what she could to document this evil and leave clues to their killer.

moo

I feel the same way. I don't want her smarts and courage to have been in vain.

Nobody has a logical reason to kill a child ever but a huge portion of child murders are either by family members or someone who has beef with the family. The other most common motive is cover-up of kidnapping/sex crime. The family is obviously not involved in this case so that leaves the other most likely motive which for the girls sake I really hope didn't occur but if it did they more than likely have DNA. I haven't heard of many child murders where there was a different motive than those two and not that I consider this any type of credibility but I've watched forensic files daily for years and I just haven't seen other motives except for a child who saw too much and was "kept quiet" which may have been the case here for all we know. Stranger murders are the rarest and don't have any rhyme or reason to them so anything is possible..
Just all my thoughts

How do you know they're obviously not involved?

I am open to all possibilities.

My first instinct in this case was it was the work of a transient, and perhaps a serial killer. I know many have discounted this for various reasons.

IMO, the suspect may have been waiting in the area for a few days and become rather accommodated to the area. He may have been hanging out in the outbuildings of properties in the area and he may be an expert ourtdoorsman.

Anyway, the FBI was called in because it was a dual killing of young teens, and the Delphi police needed their help. IMO

If it's not that, then there may be some seriously twisted local stuff going on. IMO

Edited to add: IMO

No disrespect taken, eh?? [emoji57]

My observations are based on the fact that this same argument has been had over and over on these threads. People who are either connected or have been slighted by the criminal justice system have made it clear in previous posts after becoming upset about any discussion of RL.

It's MOO based on the past threads...not a failed attempt to profile you or anyone else.

No attempt here has "failed," IMOO...we are all here to find justice for these two beautiful girls.

Best wishes!

[emoji178]Justice for Libby and Abby [emoji178]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I think LE did the best they could do by stating RL is not a suspect. Depending on whether or not all forensic testing regarding the execution of the probable cause search warrant at his residence has been completed, they may need to keep things just as they are and go no further than stating he is not a suspect. They may never come out at publicly state that RL had nothing to do with the murders until or unless the murderer(s) is apprehended. I sure hope justice is one day served for those lovely girls and for all who loved them.

I've followed cases on this site and others for many years and about five years ago LE stopped stating that someone was a "suspect" right up until they were slapping cuffs on the suspect. They switched to the words "Person of interest" when they deemed it necessary to say anything at all or most of the time they do not say anything at all.

LE has NOT said he is not a suspect anymore...LE has NOT said he is a suspect at all....They received a search warrant, based on 'some people's alibi's weren't truthful and we do NOT know what else LE has to prove to the Judge a search warrant was justified. That search warrant was signed by a Judge to search RL's property, home and buildings, to either clear him or move him up 'higher' on the suspect list.
http://www.wlky.com/article/delphi-...earch-warrant-at-property-owners-home/9147011
Officers told CBS4 that they are trying to find any evidence that could link or clear Logan from the case. Police said Logan is not considered a suspect at this time.

I don't know how this is not clear.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...er-visited-dump-day-delphi-killings/99976688/

As of Monday, Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said detectives are "still waiting" on that evidence to be processed. He stressed that the property owner has not been labelled a suspect.

https://www.everipedia.com/ronald-logan-delphi-indiana/
Logan is being held in custody on a probation violation unrelated to the case.

Now I guess the last ongoing argument is over whether or not he was granted bond. Who knows.
Again, He was being held for probation violation, he, his attorney and the prosecutor's office came to an agreement. The Judge has accepted that plea and will sentence him
next week for his wrongdoing on his probation violation.

Again, this probation violation has nothing to do with the search of his home, totally separate thing.

He, at this time, is not a suspect. That is subject to change at any time! Alternatively, LE could make a statement tomorrow stating he is cleared of having anything to do with Libby and Abby's death!

Do not tell me I accused him, insinuated or anything else. The bs is getting ridiculous. I am on the fence about the whole thing.

ALL JUST MOO!

If LE clears him, he will be off limits for sleuthing. It is unusual, but I have seen cases where LE publically clears someone before an arrest is made.
And, out of fairness to RL, all the posts that insinuated his guilt will be expunged from this site?

Just all my thoughts

I meant logical as in, not some far fetched made for tv scenario, like some of the wild theories that have been thrown around on SM. But yes you are correct, sorry I wasn't trying to imply that there was ever a good reason to kill two innocent teenagers or anybody for that matter, but I think that goes without saying........JMO

How do you know they're obviously not involved?

If LE had a reason to believe they were we would know and the rules said the families are not to be treated as suspects. They're grieving right now and LE always rules out the family first as it is the most common. I do not know as fact as I said it was just my thoughts but I see it as extremely unlikely that a family member would go through the risk of killing them and their friend in public. Family members who kill usually do it in the privacy of their own home from what I've seen.

Everything I've said are simply my thoughts, I should not have said "obviously" as I am assuming, but I believe its a pretty widely accepted assumption on this forum. I apologize for the bad wording.

I still strongly suspect a serial killer.

An SK has always been towards the very top of my list ..then with the .. RL distraction in the middle, I sort of pushed that more towards the back of my my mind while I sat on the fence waiting for that to play out.. now that it looks like RL isnt the guy , I'm pushing the serial killer Theory back on the front of the table in my mind. It would be so useful if LE would give another clue of some sort and I really wish they would release more of the video. I think that might be the only way they end up solving it unless of course some stunning Revelation comes out with the results that they're still waiting on.. but I'm not holding my breath. So in the meantime does anyone have a list going of Unsolved murders ( starting them just from the Midwest for now ?) that involved younger girls ?obviously the Iowa girls are on that list and who else?

LE has never stated that they have physical possession of Liberty's phone. In my opinion, they are still looking for it - others will disagree.

Correct, that we are not privy to who has custody of Liberty's phone. Her phone data can be subpoenaed from her phone carrier. If she received unanswered phone calls and texts, after 2:07, ie., SC, on the 14th, LE knows who contacted LG. I am interested in all attempts to contact LG by phone after 2:00pm.

I guess if the motive was not sexual, the killer could have removed clothing to make it appear so, if he knew either girl, for example, and wanted to make it look like a random sex crime. So maybe they have DNA but not of a sexual type? Could make motive/susect even harder to determine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli