IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not been able to locate any land belonging to the family near the Monon High Bridge....looks to be about 4 miles north east....you can search land parcels by name in the county with the Beacon ...just Google Carroll county GIS and take a look....

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
I was under the impression (only that) that Abby's mother rented a place very close to the bridge. Terrible with N/S/E/W, though.

I don't believe they walked down the hill, then down the ravine and down the steep creek bank and across the creek and back up the other side.
Have you watched the Julie Melvin videos, specifically 2 & 3? She demonstrates that it is remarkably easy to go down from the bridge, down to the creek and right across from the crime scene.

No ravine, no steep creek bank, no back up the other side.

[video=youtube;XzMvbfkhVlw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzMvbfkhVlw[/video]

[video=youtube;yQCv3TeNayk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQCv3TeNayk[/video]

Still a neophyte here!

What do people think about Gray Hughes newest video? It seems he feels that both A and L were no longer on the bridge when L snapped the video of BG.

Originally it was thought that both L and A were on the last trestle when she snapped the BG video.

What do you sleuths think about this?
Thanks!

Al,out forgot: MOO

Here is my working (sloppy, just for my reference really) visual regarding the situation on the bridge. I am positioning Libby ( taking the video) off the bridge and possibly even a little further, where the land is slightly going up again, and Abby to either closer to the POI/BG or towards the end of the bridge:

attachment.php

All IMO

-Nin

Attachments

• bridge dimensions.jpg
    bridge dimensions.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 327
To clarify my earlier post about LE having additional unreleased video, I am wondering if BG is a local, is the video that distorted that even LE, in a small city like Delphi, IN unable to recognize him. L tried so hard. moo

I've wondered about similar scenarios. What if LE sent out the pics not so much for the public, but for BG to see. To say, hey dude, we have you on tape. Come forward.

Thank you Molecularblonde, I enjoy reading your posts as well...and welcome to WS!
It would seem 23 minutes would be correct between pics.
Something else this makes me wonder is, IF the suspect happened to pass by the trail in his vehicle and saw the girls walking along, could this be related to RL's trip to the drop off/dump? Is this why no one will release the time he supposedly drove to the dump? The map shows one most likely route to the dump is right by where the girls were originally dropped off. I also wonder if one can see into the trail area from that road/highway. This time of year it is quite likely as the trees are bare.

Catakil-
Sorry to ask such an ignorant question. But my posts get eaten as the thread keeps "reloading". Any idea why? I can PM a moderator.

Do you mean that you hear a different voice in the background that sounds familiar, or that "down the hill" is the voice that sounds familiar? TIA

Two separate things. I'm wondering if the girls' voices, one one both, were on the DTH clip and stripped out.

After listening several more times to the clip the voice sounds like the PO to me.

Catakil-
Sorry to ask such an ignorant question. But my posts get eaten as the thread keeps "reloading". Any idea why? I can PM a moderator.

Thank you for the kind words catakil.
I am still utterly confused about the issue with the dump. However if you watch Mr. Hughes videos, the trees are very sparse, and I agree: you could easily see the girls on the bridge.

I am still utterly confused about the issue with the dump. However if you watch Mr. Hughes videos, the trees are very sparse, and I agree: you could easily see the girls on the bridge.

Sorry, you were not definitely saying you could see the girls from the road. Or the trails. But you can easily see that secondary road as you look over the bridge when you are standing on it.

Two separate things. I'm wondering if the girls' voices, one one both, were on the DTH clip and stripped out.

After listening several more times to the clip the voice sounds like the PO to me.

That's a very interesting thought. Many talented people here (and kudos to every one of them) have worked on the video/photos, but I don't recall any trying to manipulate the audio. That's a really intriguing question.

Well everyone, I apologize to all for being one of those posters tonight that just cannot let it go.:gaah:

I really was having a hard time understanding why no one understood me - after all I am so very understandable! :D
I am taking myself off to bed (2:30 for me) and try to forget how embarrassed I feel.:blushing::shame:

I understand. No need for :shame:

Start at 13:12 so you can see the creek is crossable. One might get their shoes wet but def possible.

Keep watching so you see the crime scene pretty much right across from where one can cross. Then please go back and watch the whole video. It really made it clear to me how it all played out. hth!!

[video=youtube;DZzBCyLSI0E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZzBCyLSI0E[/video]

Gliving-
Thank you for posting this!
i have sat in bed the last several nights watching it over and over.
Did you happen to notice that it is a decent distance from the start of the park to where the bridge begins? It is about a half mile.

I also posted a link a bit back were Slocum or Riley said that evidence showed there was conversation between the three of them (suspect/Abby/Liberty)
Jmo

MB, compose your replies to new posts in a note or even a new email message in your client then c&p. Also, try "go advanced" rather than "quick reply" to see if it makes it better.

Wow.
Twenty three minutes between the Abby photo and the BG video.

Mr. Hughes said the girls were dropped off at 1:45 pm. That means that their first, (last?) encounter with BG was at 2:30?

The entire ordeal could have gone down in 45 minutes. Theoretically.

Catakil-
Mine do too on my iPad so they are generally short.
i constantly copy text I do just in case it refreshes, like for this one now.
you can turn off Java on iPads but it's not the greatest.

I totally hear you Bemused. A couple of weeks ago I was starting to find that my mind was in a muddle and I thought to myself "go back to the beginning," before all the information sharing, both LE, MSM, and even here. I started back at thread #1. Unfortunately, it is hard to go back through the threads and keep up with the current ones too!

I am sure that it would be a great thing to do though.

OT, I started doing that a few weeks ago too, it's difficult keeping up when your in a different time zone so if this threads locked I scroll through the old ones. Here in Australia it's currently 11:44am so by the time I come home from work tonight at midnight it's morning in the US...

MB, compose your replies to new posts in a note or even a new email message in your client then c&p. Also, try "go advanced" rather than "quick reply" to see if it makes it better.

GOt it! And then I can copy and paste it here?
Thank you so much!

Also, to direct the girls this way, he must be very familiar with the area, otherwise, how would he know where down the hill was going to lead. He knew his way around and the voice sounds like an older man. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper