IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you but that was before the bodies were found.

Right so they didn't have a detailed description of the perp or vehicle, which is required for AAs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also found it strange that they needed an autopsy to identify the bodies since they were missing such a short time.
I think that was them going by the book. I believe that LE is being EXTREMELY thorough, so whoever did this cannot ever get off, or get a lesser punishment based on any technicality. GO LE!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Just a note:
If they all walked across the creek the police would find the recently broken ground on the bank the day they started processing the scene. They would find shoe prints somewhere along the way. Police are doing a good job of keeping evidence secure, showing their deep commitment to successfully getting this criminal.

I don't live in Delphi so I may not be the best person to answer but the two times I've been there since the murders, it's been depressing. There are ribbons everywhere and all of the storefronts had the girls' photos up and their names on chalkboards on the sidewalks. They had roadside, electronic signs in numerous places around town that kept flashing: 'Seeking info on double homicide' so I'm sure the residents can't "get away"' from this. When my friend and I first went out to locate this bridge to lay flowers for the girls, we couldn't find it. There are no signs up around labeling where it is or advertising it. We drove around for almost 1.5 hours trying to use Google Maps to find it! It wasn't easy! In the middle of Delphi, they have a beautiful park called Canal Park with much more to see and do. This trail for the MHB is on the outskirts of town right next to the Hoosier Heartland Highway. I just can't imagine BG "stumbled upon it." Going out to that place requires consciousness and work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for such a detailed reply :)

Makes it sound like the perp would of been familiar with the bridge.

Absolutely, I agree everyone is welcome to speculate or form opinions, but for me, I prefer to base my opinions on what officials are telling us. It's just how my mind processes information but everyone is different.

Officials are telling us that RL is not a suspect. but I believe that you have made it clear your thoughts on that regardless of what LE keeps repeating until they are blue in the face.

We have two different dates of death for the girls. There have been various possibilities why that may be so. We do not have a coroner's report however. Now it is quite possible that the dates are different because they actually are different. This was discussed many threads ago and some close to the field stated that the mortuary would have gotten those dates from the coroner. If we choose to believe that to be true, then that discussion is valid. moo

Look at the suspects photo. Look at his posture. It looks like he walks with a limp when he favors one side while walking.

DatelineFan, with all due respect, I have seen tons of suicide by hanging photos and a great deal of em still had feet on the ground.

I understand what your saying though.

Yes, I think we view hanging as suspended high up and other presentations that go with that scenario, but that's not necessarily true.

One of the reasons I wonder if this is at least a possibility is the discussion that arose around searches (I don't know if it was ever confirmed or not)...a couple of posters said that there was no way the first searchers could have missed the girls in the location where they were found because of the grid and cross sections of the search where people would have literally walked right in or across the path of the bodies. There was then discussion of this as pointing to the girls not having been there initially and later moved there. I don't see the latter as a possibility simply because that's work and energy and depending on how they were killed, might have left blood/dragging or other evidence of where another scene was, and this doesn't seem to be the case based on what we know (which I realize is little). It would also be risky and at night would be time-intensive. So, it occurred to me that some sort of hanging scenario might have been the case.

I don't say this to simply speculate, because I really don't do much of that, at least not on forum. But given the demeanor and some of the remarks of LE that suggest this was a disturbing scene and some of the discussions on searchers possibly having not seen them hiding in plain sight so to speak, it occurred to me.

Whatever happened, my fear is this is a deeply disturbed individual who was out to do far more than spontaneously murder two girls who saw a drug deal or some other such activity. I watched the pressers again and there was something more sinister that compelled the attention of the FBI's director and the unlimited resources that are available to this case, than a po'd hunter, meth dealer, or 77 year old alcoholic probation violator. At least that's my take.

Officials are telling us that RL is not a suspect. but I believe that you have made it clear your thoughts on that regardless of what LE keeps repeating until they are blue in the face.

We have two different dates of death for the girls. There have been various possibilities why that may be so. We do not have a coroner's report however. Now it is quite possible that the dates are different because they actually are different. This was discussed many threads ago and some close to the field stated that the mortuary would have gotten those dates from the coroner. If we choose to believe that to be true, then that discussion is valid. moo

IMO it's a matter of semantics and mixed messages. Until LE comes out with an official statement that they've cleared RL in these murders I'm going to think what I think. I hope it isn't RL because it would compound an already tragic situation in my mind.

Just a thot on the discussion of LE piecing the photo together from the video...I wonder if they have altered the photo to the point of actually placing BG on the bridge. Maybe that is why they don't release more of the video? If they released actual video, the public would be privy to more specific details of the crime that only the suspect and LE would know, such as how they got from bridge to CS.

OTish but related to one of the ISP Officers we're familiar with here.

A month or so ago a video came out that quickly went viral featuring an Officer showing an amazing thing we can do with our cars. I saw it then and chuckled appropriately but then came across it again yesterday and recognized him. It's Sgt. John Perrine, one of the PIOs we "know"...

Thought it might lighten things up if even for a minute or two on this Friday afternoon. If it's not ok, please delete. I'll just put the link so it isn't ginormous.

[video=youtube;dTFHCyNVBTk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTFHCyNVBTk[/video]

ETA: well it posted the video anyway, sorry! i thought it would just put the link

I've never thought of eliminating witnesses was a motive here. I just don't see 1. A major drug deal - pounds of whatever - going down there. 2. I don't think they would be too worried about a couple of kids playing with their cell phones.

I am a definite freezer, I wouldn't be able to run to save my life, and I am also an open-mouth-but-no-sound-comes-out kind of gal. That thought alone terrifies me. :nerves:

In my experience, you do what the gun is telling you, It's very hard to think otherwise.

I escaped after the sex assault because by that time, being locked in a room for hours, I didn't care if I lived or died, just wanted to get out and I was not going to be party favors for the 20+ guys there. NO NO NO!
I had a plan, executed said plan and ran for my life not caring if I was shot in the back and didn't look back. Thank goodness the friend I had called during my planned escape was pulling up at the exact time I made it to the road.

IIRC Isn't there parts of that creek that are very shallow? I remember seeing in some of the video that's been taken of the area it looked to be ankle-deep in some spots. In one video I want to say the area where it's thought he had them cross, and right by where they were found, was one of the shallow areas, you could see the rocks in the creek. Although, just getting your feet/shoes wet, in cold weather, wouldn't be much better.

jmo

The shallow parts in the video are right on the banks which is normal. The deeper parts are in the middle.. However, the creek is not even very deep in the middle and there is a large sand bar dissecting the stream and reducing the amount of knee deep water to traverse thru.

But for example, if that was the case and they did go thru the water, why didn't have that detail in the description of the person of interest... "Did you see anyone matching this photo of BG? Did you see anyone with wet shoes?"

Maybe I would be a lazy and over-cautious bad guy, but the minute he walked them to the openness of the creek bank, he exposed himself to 1) easier detection by others and 2) losing control of the girls. So I still don't see him taking them across the creek and I am therefore thinking he doubled back and caught up to them on the north end of the bridge and pulled a gun then. The only reason the south side of the creek is taped off was so that they could search for any evidence he might have thrown across the creek.,

Just a thot on the discussion of LE piecing the photo together from the video...I wonder if they have altered the photo to the point of actually placing BG on the bridge. Maybe that is why they don't release more of the video? If they released actual video, the public would be privy to more specific details of the crime that only the suspect and LE would know, such as how they got from bridge to CS.
I think LE would want people to recognize the suspect in the context of where they witnessed him. If they altered the photo, I'm guessing that could cause all sorts of problems in a trial.

I agree the girls saw something.

What if BG passed the girls and asked "are you so-and-so's kid?". This may have been what prompted Libby to film him, so that she could later ask her family who this person is.

IMO the girls were targeted, either as a revenge for something so-and-so/family member did OR because they saw something while out on the trail.

IMO LE should be checking out the motorcycle group and wrestling group (remember Libby's GF wearing that Delphi Wrestling hoodie?).

IMO the fanny pack ion BG could be related to drug dealing (storing cash and drug baggies).

In my experience, you do what the gun is telling you, It's very hard to think otherwise.

I escaped after the sex assault because by that time, being locked in a room for hours, I didn't care if I lived or died, just wanted to get out and I was not going to be party favors for the 20+ guys there. NO NO NO!
I had a plan, executed said plan and ran for my life not caring if I was shot in the back and didn't look back. Thank goodness the friend I had called during my planned escape was pulling up at the exact time I made it to the road.
❤️❤️❤️ to you. I know what this is like.

I don't see BG doing a major drug deal. Those kinds of deals, IMO, involve A LOT of "inventory," cash, and people. Major drug deals are, IMO, more sophisticated with other people involved as look-outs, etc. BG didn't have enough drugs or cash on him to be doing anything of that magnitude.

I really feel like this is a predator that happened upon two innocent girls, and pounced. :(

Maybe there are things you all know that I don't. I don't frequently read Internet rumors.

IMO it's a matter of semantics and mixed messages. Until LE comes out with an official statement that they've cleared RL in these murders I'm going to think what I think. I hope it isn't RL because it would compound an already tragic situation in my mind.

Yes, so the same could be said about the time/date of death. Until officials come out and tell us the actual dates, I believe that going by dates from the Mortuary, which are different, yet going on the assumption that they did die on the same day is also a mixed message.

I know LE has reasons why they keep these things close to the breast but it certainly gets in the way of my sleuthing. Just sayin'.

I do think he had a look-out...who ambushed the girls when they tried to get off the S side of the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB