IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the suspect have parked at the cemetery?

Are you thinking LE was interested in footprints and/or tire tracks? Wish we knew if they took impressions of the ground.

:tyou: DatelineFan. :loveyou:
This is a club no one ever wants to join, as I'm sure you didn't either.

The only thing I can do now is try and help others, talking about it helps tremendously.

U2forever and DatelineFan, I am also a member of this club which is in part why I am interested in missing persons and murder cases. It is a coping mechanism for me to help others.

On another note, I have thought from early on that Abby and Libby encountered BM (Bridge Monster) on that bridge or prior to that during their hike, were told to go down the hill on or near the SE part of the bridge, that they tried to make a break for it as they approached the creek, that they may have made it across the creek, and somehow BM was able to subdue one or both once they made it across the creek. I think LE was likely correct in stating the girls would not have likely separated. BM only had to gain control of one girl to in a sense have control of both. This is MOO.

Honestly, given the terrain scenery and desolation in some of the bridge and woods area videos, I'm surprised they haven't found more bodies there. I also think this killer knows that area well because it would be pretty risky to grab two girls, even at gun point, and get them quickly to a preferred crime spot and carry that out without some serious perspective on the area and its surroundings.

I do think it was a crime of opportunity, but I think this killer has been through rehearsals both in his sick head and in scoping the area and knew exactly what he was doing, where he was going, and how much time would be on his side before he risked being caught. He also seems to have known precisely how to exit the murder scene and be gone before anyone was the wiser.

A set, as in one set of prints. I'd forgotten that. Thoughts? One set leading away from the bodies or one set going towards them (indicating they were possibly carried)? moo

How can you have "footprints" in leaves? Answer is: You can't. So, the footprints were not in the flat area where the bodies were found.... they had to be on creek bank (soft sand and some mud) or on the little path leading down from the cemetery.

I have read that the girls were "3/4 of a mile from the bridge". That can't be right because the distance from the bridge to the far East end of the property is .5 miles.

These maps are of the property and the distance from the bridge to the farthest end of the property.
indiana6.jpg indiana7.jpg

http://maps.indiana.edu/index.html

I thought I had read LE requested for testing to be expedited? Wonder about how long it takes when it's expedited

jmo

Honestly, given the terrain scenery and desolation in some of the bridge and woods area videos, I'm surprised they haven't found more bodies there. I also think this killer knows that area well because it would be pretty risky to grab two girls, even at gun point, and get them quickly to a preferred crime spot and carry that out without some serious perspective on the area and its surroundings.

I do think it was a crime of opportunity, but I think this killer has been through rehearsals both in his sick head and in scoping the area and knew exactly what he was doing, where he was going, and how much time would be on his side before he risked being caught. He also seems to have known precisely how to exit the murder scene and be gone before anyone was the wiser.

It's a place where people go fishing, so some people will be familiar with the area for that reason.

Sgt. Riley seemed to contradict himself in the same interview. Did he misspeak? He did say "more of a suspect" and then said it didn't mean the PO *is* a suspect. Did he retract that or has LE contradicted him? I'm unaware if they have.

Mixed messages, IMO.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...h-property-where-delphi-teens-found/99304450/

See, great minds and all that! I posted the same on 3-17!! Definitely struck me as interesting. Talk about mixed messages!

I am wondering if LEO Riley inadvertently let the cat out of the bag;

"Basically, we're just following up on some tips and interviews and leads that we've gotten," Riley said while blocking traffic on the county road east of Delphi.

"We're trying to either clear him or see if he's more of a suspect than what we originally thought," Riley said.

Further down in the same article Sgt. Slocum states:

Slocum said police are not calling the property owner a suspect.

"This might not be the last search warrant we serve," he said. "This is part of investigating a double homicide."
The second quote has been the LE line for awhile so hmmmm.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/c...ound/99304450/

I know that this has been almost beaten to death, but after viewing this image I found. I think there is probably a very good chance that Abby was in fact edited out of the one image. Especially if these stills were taken in close sequence of one another. I think that there is a good chance Abbys grey sleeve in the one image and in the other one she has been edited out. Maybe I am way off here, but to me it would also explain some of the shadows and eraser marks that some others have pointed out as well. I dont know why but seeing these two images side by side it jumped out at me and smacked me in the face ...JMO

attachment.php

source
http://www.wthr.com/article/police-set-up-new-number-for-delphi-murder-tips

Attachments

• promo311552480.jpg
    promo311552480.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 680
I have read that the girls were "3/4 of a mile from the bridge". That can't be right because the distance from the bridge to the far East end of the property is .5 miles.

These maps are of the property and the distance from the bridge to the farthest end of the property.
View attachment 114527 View attachment 114528

http://maps.indiana.edu/index.html

All three LEOs in the first presser after the girls' bodies were found made an estimation of 1/2-3/4 mile upstream. Riley commented on the road snaking or turning and he wasn't sure wrt to exact distance "as the crow flies".

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_DiBYdeGbdE

ETA Riley actually said curves or curving as to the road.

How can you have "footprints" in leaves? Answer is: You can't. So, the footprints were not in the flat area where the bodies were found.... they had to be on creek bank (soft sand and some mud) or on the little path leading down from the cemetery.

Very true.

I'm so confused about the cemetery. I remember LE vehicles lining the drive ways in the cemetery on the 14th. It didn't seem they were cautions about where they parked or walked. moo

See, great minds and all that! I posted the same on 3-17!! Definitely struck me as interesting. Talk about mixed messages!

Sgt. Riley said it didn't mean the PO was a suspect but he also never said he *wasn't*. It's things like this that raise red flags for me but it may be nothing.

I know that this has been almost beaten to death, but after viewing this image I found. I think there is probably a very good chance that Abby was in fact edited out of the one image. Especially if these stills were taken in close sequence of one another. I think that there is a good chance Abbys grey sleeve in the one image and in the other one she has been edited out. Maybe I am way off here, but to me it would also explain some of the shadows and eraser marks that some others have pointed out as well...JMO

attachment.php

source

Surely if Abby was that close to him he would be looking at her and not down at the floor?

After watching the videos of that bridge I can not imagine that man getting them to walk across the bridge with a gun or anything else.

Hence why he took them off the bridge and down the hill as on the bridge he would have to forcus on the bridge and where to walk as some part of it look quite iffy.

I know that this has been almost beaten to death, but after viewing this image I found. I think there is probably a very good chance that Abby was in fact edited out of the one image. Especially if these stills were taken in close sequence of one another. I think that there is a good chance Abbys grey sleeve in the one image and in the other one she has been edited out. Maybe I am way off here, but to me it would also explain some of the shadows and eraser marks that some others have pointed out as well...JMO

attachment.php

source

I don't think she would intentionally get so close (especially so close to the edge) and if she was forced his posture and body language would be very different.

eta: posted at the same time as asyousay.

Im sharing these two links because these have so many similarities.. a double murder of two young teen girls out on a walk in the countryside, their murders mystified investigators for a very long time and one of the articles discuss the bizarre and crazy true motive behind the killings. I sure hope it's nothing this complicated and crazy involving Libby and Abby. (I just watched this episode in ID's Murder Comes To Town episode .)

http://m.newsok.com/article/5359779

<mod snip>

They said something like it looks like it could be foul play. It struck me as strange at the time too. I never thought of hangings. It sure makes sense.

Sorry. I thought I had included the comment I was answering. My first time posting :blushing:

:greetings::newbie:

LE can be a lot more forceful when they feel like it. They were very adamant about not liking the online rumors and people bothering the early search warrant recipients. They aren't as forceful when they say RL is not a suspect at this time."

They could put that rumor to bed easily, but they haven't. They KNOW everybody is speculating now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member