IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...it did take LE weeks before they got search warrants for the property where the dead girls were found, so it does appear they needed guidance.

LE said the SW was a result of other information and/or evidence they'd developed as to why they were serving it that day.

Similar to CCTV footage, a video indicating the girls identified their attacker and the person was a known local, that would result in LE naming a suspect. Instead the grainy footage and "down the hill" gathering 15000 tips is an indication the net is still spread quite wide.

In that LE have indicated the case to be complex suggests to me the high possibly the murderer was unrecognized. My theory is that it was a diabolical opportunist, a serial killer who is already long gone from Delphi area.

I certainly hope you're right about taking time. Statistics indicate the longer a case remains unsolved, the greater chance nobody will be successfully prosecuted. I only recently noticed it mentioned another alarming trend --

"Today, the national "clearance rate" for murders, which means the case ends in an arrest, is 64.1%. Five decades ago, it was above 90%."
http://www.businessinsider.com/why-do-so-many-murders-go-unsolved-2015-3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They may have a person reported by a tip in custody and are just waiting for the DNA from Iowa to clear too.

Exactly, so he would not necessarily have wet pants after crossing the creek.
If the water were ankle deep the bottoms of the pants would be wet. I expect the water was a bit deeper. One thing everyone has to keep in mind is that the flow and the levels of the creek change. So, when you get to see the JM videos which were taken weeks later the water flow and levels were much lower than they were on the 13th.

Here is a 5 day view of the creek data from February 10th, 2017 through February 15th, 2017.

attachment.php

And here is a 38 day view of the creek data from February 10th, 2017 through March 20th, 2017.

attachment.php

You can see that both the depth and the flow of the creek have been significantly lower since the 12th of February (the peak you see) and also the 13th of February where the levels were only beginning to come down.

For reference, the gage that does the measurements is located upstream of the Monon High Bridge at the bridge for 300N.

attachment.php

Attachments

• creekdata1.jpg
    creekdata1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 511
  • creekdata2.jpg
    creekdata2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 510
  • creekgagemap.jpg
    creekgagemap.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 512
100% agree this isn't someone who just "snapped".
I can't get past that area must have some significance.
Who would be out there and why.
If we can figure that out we may have a clue to who this person is.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone who either grew up in the area and may have left or someone that visited the area on a frequent basis (family, work, etc). I get the impression he's local because of where the crime occurred, but maybe he's no longer local.

That RL wasn't served with a SW until March 17th is one reason why I don't think he's anywhere in LEs list of significance. It would seem to me to be obvious that the land owner of the crime scene deems early investigation in the case but instead LE spends time, money and energy on 15000 tips and billboards? No way would their priorities be so skewed imo.

And considering LE are not idiots, surely they wouldn't require the public to phone in tips in order to inform them that the same land owner, interviewed on a TV show for all to see, might possibly bear somewhat of a resemblance to the photo or voice they've released to the public?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
you are right. LE are not idiots. they needed probable cause to search RL's house and out buildings. They could not do it just because, no matter how badly they wanted to. they also said that the search was a result of "information" and "tips". those may not have come to light early in the case.

Look at how far BG's pant legs go down toward his feet. Don't know that those are boots - I don't think anyone has identified the footwear.

Late responding, early on there was a close-up of suspects left foot, from what i could see jmo they are a hiking style boot, i could see the eyelets (4) for the laces, usually they are low then there will be Hooks to lace at the top. Jmo

Respectfully, LE cannot do anything until they have reasonable cause...so serving the SW's on March 17th tells me they have reason to believe he was involved in some way. LE cannot serve a SW merely based on grounds that the land owner "might possibly be" a suspect. That would not be reasonable.

But could the reasonable cause be only as much as the victims were found on his property and he lied about his whereabouts, or would there still need to be something more substantial?

BBM

IMO people who are stating that have their minds made up that BG is a 77yr old and are not looking at other options.

MOO

im a fence sitter..i have no real idea who it is but am probably leaning towards a drifter who is far away from the crime scene at this point..NESOOO...(not even sure of own opinion:)

So when LE was swarming all over his property on the 13th and the 14th, you don't think they spoke with RL extensively, if for no other reason other than to get his help (at that point)?

He stopped talking to LE once he went to jail as was right for his lawyer to advise.
do you have a link that he talked to LE those nights?

Didn't they have eyewitnesses who told LE they saw RC at the scene? I don't believe it was a solitary DNA sample, even if there was a gross miscarriage of justice in this particular case. That case occurred in 1984 and his execution came a decade later, so I'm sure science has also improved. It wasn't just DNA from just a cursory look at wiki. IMO

Please cite even one murder conviction that was based on a single piece of evidence, no other evidence presented or investigated, on a single DNA sample. TIA

This was your question.

Here is another case, and there are a bunch out there, you just have to do your home work.

If you don't have the time to search this subject, I can find many more, *when I get the time*.

His murder conviction was based on a single piece of forensic evidence recovered from the crime scene—a strand of hair—that prosecutors claimed belonged to Jones.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/dna-test-suggests-texas-may-have-executed-an-innocent-man/

This was your question.

Here is another case, and there are a bunch out there, you just have to do your home work.

If you don't have the time to search this subject, I can find many more, *when I get the time*.

His murder conviction was based on a single piece of forensic evidence recovered from the crime scene—a strand of hair—that prosecutors claimed belonged to Jones.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/dna-test-suggests-texas-may-have-executed-an-innocent-man/

A single DNA sample with no testimony from witnesses, other physical or circumstantial evidence has been enough to convict someone of murder without any investigation other than recovering a single DNA sample? That is surprising, but given the length of time this case is taking to investigate, given the ISP, Sheriff's Department and FBI are involved, I'd say it's an extremely slim chance it will happen here. YMMV

So when LE was swarming all over his property on the 13th and the 14th, you don't think they spoke with RL extensively, if for no other reason other than to get his help (at that point)?

He stopped talking to LE once he went to jail as was right for his lawyer to advise.

Looks like I should have just kept reading. THANK YOU! I'm so glad someone gets it.

:loveyou:

JMO on the matter, with my personal belief aside - even if I were to believe RL could possibly be BG, I wouldn't see any point in trying to figure out if he actually bought fish, what he was wearing, what he said/didn't say to LE, etc. The reason being, I don't think there's anything I could find out about him that LE doesn't already know by now. On top of this, I also think, at this point, LE would probably have determined if BG is RL. So, I don't think not looking into those things would matter now, since either way they've investigated him, searched his property and he's on their radar. On the other hand, with LE not saying they have someone specific in their sights, it's possible they're still in need of the public's help in identifying and finding the .because of this I personally don't want to be set on any certain person right now, not if there's chance I could be wrong and I would hate to think of there being people out there who may know or find out something but ignore it because they think LE has him.

BTW, no disrespect intended towards other opinions, we're all free to believe what we want and share our opinions on here and this is only the way I look at it.

MOO

Yes, there's a chance we could all be wrong but right now there's not much more to sleuth than what we know...otherwise I could be chasing down SK's from another state but the chances of it being that are much less than what I believe now, given what we do know. So I personally choose not to do that. If others wish to sleuth the killer in Idaho or wherever that's their prerogative and if they come up with something that makes me doubt what I think now then I will say so. And btw, I have seen lots of excellent points made that could possibly point to a suspect other than the property owner and likewise I see others who raise some excellent points much closer to home. So all this sleuthing, no matter what we believe makes it interesting all the same. I still believe it could be someone other than RL and I do keep an open mind to that, but until there is something interesting (to me) to sleuth on them I have to stick with my gut and intuition, cuz really, that's all any of us sleuthers have. Respectfully IMO.

I stayed with SK because of how calm I thought the voice was and 6000 billboards. Plus the striking similarities to Iowa. moo

Ditto,something very terrible happened to these girls and I can see the pain LE are trying to hide when they speak. Even the guy that spoke on behalf of the FBI at the press conference looked a wreck....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper