IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this what you're referring to from page one?

"* R.L HAS NOT BEEN NAMED A PERSON OF INTEREST. Please do not accuse him of the crime. "

I was reading tylcas post from page one. Steleheart has since posted Tricia's post which does include the POI statement. Ty.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

No prob! I honestly didn't know if that had been explained in an article.

I hear LE saying RL isn't a suspect in the deaths but he is still involved with the investigation. That to me suggests he may be involved in some way which is still considered criminal.

I don't necessarily think RL did it, but I understand why people want to continue to discuss him until LE clears him. They know the rumors circling around and have every reason to clear him, but they haven't. And there may be a reason why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Naaa honestly I think they are just waiting for all the forensics on the home to come back.
I do think they know exactly where he was that day.

I was reading tylcas post from page one. Steleheart has since posted Tricia's post which does include the POI statement. Ty.

Thinking and making a direct accusation doesn't mean the same thing, IMO. Well, not my opinion because it's a fact they don't mean the same thing.

So.... are we ever going to get another press conference from LE?

One thing I forgot to mention what I was discussing RL's poor choice of words and how it relates to my experience with my father:

RL's apparent lack of caring. Now I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but the statements he has made and even the statement he made in court today are odd, but not unusual for what could be a man suffering some cognitive issues, possibly brought on by the extreme stress, as I have mentioned before, along with other issues that we are not made aware of, i.e., medical issues, operations, and subsequent medications and their affects, etc. I can only speak from experience with my own family and my experience working Assistant to the Director for the Center for Aging in a hospital.

As my father's medical issues became more serious and my mother really began to suffer the ravages of losing her mind, my father went through pretty drastic personality changes as well as the difficulty in finding appropriate words when speaking (again, a word like disaster rather than tragedy and also repeating someone else's words so he didn't have to find the right one himself, like "was the area pristine?" "Yes, pristine.").

One of the hardest personality changes to handle was his apparent disregard for others. Everything began to be measured by how it affected him. He became the center of everything that happened so he judged it by its affect on his world, would did it mean for him. I could totally see my own father responding to the murders and feeling bad and all that but still actually say "what am I to do now, my home has been changed for me forever, my life will never be the same." These types of attitudes and statements were always shocking, even though we understood them, once explained by caregivers, but strangers were mortified at the things he would say, even regarding my mother - it was still about him.

These episodes were temporary, for the most part, but began to become more a part of him than not as time went on, because the stress never subsided. He was dying of cancer and my mother was never going to recover from Alzheimer's Disease, therefore there was no chance of the stress lessening.

I see only RL's stress is compounding in the months ahead so we may see more of this type of behavior.

IMO, then, based only on my opinion, I have not and am not taking too much of what RL's actual words to seriously as they sound familiar to me. Just putting it out there, moo, and all that.

BTW: My father and Ron Logan served together on the USS Monrovia stationed in the Mediterranean almost 60 years ago.

Text color by me

I think they sound familiar to many of us. And I appreciate your words. It's not easy knowing or living with someone with this type of personality (or in your father's case brought on by illness) but it does help to understand.

Small world that they served together. I steadfastly stand by my opinion that their generation was of a different era and mindset. IMO.

Naaa honestly I think they are just waiting for all the forensics on the home to come back.

I couldn't agree with you more and this is the best post today thus far, IMO. I think they know exactly where he was too.

One thing I forgot to mention what I was discussing RL's poor choice of words and how it relates to my experience with my father:

RL's apparent lack of caring. Now I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but the statements he has made and even the statement he made in court today are odd, but not unusual for what could be a man suffering some cognitive issues, possibly brought on by the extreme stress, as I have mentioned before, along with other issues that we are not made aware of, i.e., medical issues, operations, and subsequent medications and their affects, etc. I can only speak from experience with my own family and my experience working Assistant to the Director for the Center for Aging in a hospital.

As my father's medical issues became more serious and my mother really began to suffer the ravages of losing her mind, my father went through pretty drastic personality changes as well as the difficulty in finding appropriate words when speaking (again, a word like disaster rather than tragedy and also repeating someone else's words so he didn't have to find the right one himself, like "was the area pristine?" "Yes, pristine.").

One of the hardest personality changes to handle was his apparent disregard for others. Everything began to be measured by how it affected him. He became the center of everything that happened so he judged it by its affect on his world, would did it mean for him. I could totally see my own father responding to the murders and feeling bad and all that but still actually say "what am I to do now, my home has been changed for me forever, my life will never be the same." These types of attitudes and statements were always shocking, even though we understood them, once explained by caregivers, but strangers were mortified at the things he would say, even regarding my mother - it was still about him.

These episodes were temporary, for the most part, but began to become more a part of him than not as time went on, because the stress never subsided. He was dying of cancer and my mother was never going to recover from Alzheimer's Disease, therefore there was no chance of the stress lessening.

I see only RL's stress is compounding in the months ahead so we may see more of this type of behavior.

IMO, then, based only on my opinion, I have not and am not taking too much of what RL's actual words to seriously as they sound familiar to me. Just putting it out there, moo, and all that.

BTW: My father and Ron Logan served together on the USS Monrovia stationed in the Mediterranean almost 60 years ago.

I cannot add anything to this excellent post.
For anyone reading this, when people age they often say things that sound as if they are disrespectful to others. This land is all that RL probably has. This man is clearly flummoxed by the deaths.

:goodpost: Thanks for that insight Webs.!

So.... are we ever going to get another press conference from LE?
I was really thinking about this last night too. Hope its soon and when they get the SW results too.

If LE announced there was no evidence found in RL's house, that he was not a DNA match to the scene, or they were clearing him, I would no longer consider him a possibility. If he might be involved--who knows how? a driver, an accomplice, a witness, or so on--then it sounds like they haven't cleared him simply bc he isn't cleared at this point.

If LE has the legal ability to "clear" people, what's the point of charging suspects and having trials (considering they may be found Not Guilty, ie cleared of committing the crime)?

In my humble opinion, LE indicating that RL is NOT a suspect at this point in time is as close to clearing him as it'll get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

His property was used for the dumping ground so he is involved , it doesn't mean he was involved in the murders or anything sinister.

Totally. It doesn't mean he was. It just doesn't mean he wasn't either.

I am hoping LE makes a more definitive statement clearing him or charging him soon.

Thank you , so not considered a suspect :)

And makes sense he would still be involved as it's his property so he may hold a clue to why somebody would pick his land.

If he has a clue as to who may have committed such a horrendous crime I wonder if he has advised LE??? Surely he wants to see BG captured as much as we do? If he's holding back info on a double homicide then he'll be looking at a stiffer penalty next time.

I agree they may be waiting for forensics results, as are people here in my opinion.

He lied. So, he would risk abducting two young local girls and not only killing them on his property, but leaving them there, but would take the time to lie about driving a truck and going to a pizza place, or shopping for fish?

His long record does not involve any known crimes against children.

And based on 6000 billboards and the involvement of the FBI's BAU and briefings of Comey, I believe this crime is above and beyond a drinker who is dismissive of laws concerning alcohol abuses.

He could be lying again regarding the girls….

Maybe the locals needed help and that is the way it’s done at that level.

IMO

Sometimes I get to thinking, if LE didn't have the photo or audio would they have a suspect by now? I mean, could the photo and audio be constricting their investigation? In which direction would their skills be leading them? At first I thought that this picture and audio was pure gold. Now, not so much.

Who gave the media a heads up about the search on RL's property? Why aren't we hearing about others who had their property and homes searched (after the initial searches following the discovery of the girls)? Why were the people on Bicycle Rd cleared so quickly and LE is being vague about RL? Are there others who have been charged with unrelated criminal offenses during the scope of this investigation into who murdered Abigail and Liberty and if there are, then why haven't we heard about them?

Why is there such a focus by the media and LE on RL?

ETA I think there's a reason for the focus and IMO it's for more than just violating probation.

...hmmmm....please expand on this...interesting...

I just mean that they were found on his property. He's part of a homicide timeline by default and could potentially be called to confirm or deny things that have meaning in a larger context of some kind. I do not believe that he witnessed the crime or is a witness to anything of import.

If LE has the legal ability to "clear" people, what's the point of charging suspects and having trials (considering they may be found Not Guilty, ie cleared of committing the crime)?

In my humble opinion, LE indicating that RL is NOT a suspect at this point in time is as close to clearing him as it'll get.

LE clears people all the time. If LE clears you, you are never charged and don't end up in court to begin with.

Judges don't see people LE or the DA clears.

If LE charges a person, then a court rules on whether they are guilty.

LE has neither cleared or charged RL at this time. They have issued a probable cause search warrant and are awaiting results or at least have not released then yet.

I'm sorry this confused me Misty. LE in general clears possible suspects across the country all the time, no? If they find evidence that a person could not have committed a crime that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay