IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it remains unclear to me. I can see no difference between what we're allowed to do, even though LE has repeatedly said RL is not a suspect in the murders, and what we would be allowed to do if, in fact, LE had said RL is a suspect in the murders. In both cases, we'd have to say we don't know for sure and, therefore, it'd only be an opinion. I guess I have a hard time seeing any real limits to the sleuthing. Does that make sense? :eek:

Let me try and clear this up for you.

Always remember hardly anything on Websleuths is Black and White. Websleuths has lots of gray areas.

Rarely do police ever say someone is a suspect unless it is obvious like Bridge Guy.

What we have to do in certain cases is use our common sense.

Why did the police get a search warrant for RL the land owner where Abby and Libby's bodies were found?

Why did the police violate his parole? If someone could find a link verifying this. I will retract if I am incorrect.

Why was RL given over three years in prison for driving convictions?

Didn't the police say he was not cooperating? You have to wonder if there is a deal to be made with RL if he cooperates.

Is there anyone else the police are looking into that has anything close to the connection to the case like RL other than BG?

To get a search warrant for his house police needed probable cause.

As the owner of Websleuths, it is up to me to make these decisions about who can be discussed and who can't. I do so by following the Websleuths guidelines along with discussing among the mods and using common sense.

Here is another good example. The murder of Dr. Teresa Sievers.

Her husband Mark wasn't ever pointed out as a suspect until shortly before he was arrested. However, his behavior made it obvious he was hiding something. This is why early on Websleuths allowed Mark Sievers to be discussed as a suspect. Same with his friend Wayne.

We take each case on its merits.

In this case, because the police had probable cause for a search warrant members can sleuth RL ONLY. Not his family, not his friends. Also, we have stated over and over no one is saying he is guilty. If someone calls him a murderer please alert and we will remove.

So when a member feels like a guy that used to date Abby or Libby's mom kind of looks like BG and wants to sleuth him we say absolutely not.

RL owned the land the bodies were found on. We did not allow sleuthing him at this point at all. It was only when the police served the search warrant did we allow members to sleuth.

Police have said he is not a suspect. They said this before, during, and after the search warrant of RL's home.

You have to use common sense and go by what police have done in the past to make these decisions.

One more thing, we only allow the initials of RL. Why? So when someone Googles his name Websleuths won't come up.

However, you go to all the other sites on the Internet, and they are tearing RL apart, using his real name and sleuthing God knows what about his past.

At Websleuths we do our best to balance between letting you discuss and being sensitive to people's situations.

You will not find any other forum on the Internet that works harder than we do to be as fair as possible.

Remember, if it too much for you and you feel it's wrong no one is forcing you to stay.

Thank you,
Tricia

There is a lot to talk about, JMO. A lot of theories that could have happened with the girls. When we go to bed and wake up the next morning , we can carry on with life but RL can not. He made major mistakes in his life, but murder is not one of them. Is it really fair to keep his name going on in the threads pointing a finger at him? He is guilty of not being sober and lying about it to cover his illegal actions.In the beginning his name was allowed but then it got carried away with RL is the guy, RLis the one that killed the girls...meanwhile the real killer is running loose and 30 threads later we are still debating an alcoholic and fish

But if in the end, RL ends up being an accomplice and a key to cracking this case, then the time other websleuthers invested will have been relevant.

We all invest our time based on our opinions.

(Again, I don't highly suspect RL at this time, but think it's valid for any other websleuther to explore this until police clear him. I don't think it's fair to act like others are wasting their time and derailing the thread just bc you or I happen to have a different opinion.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right. If he is charged due to possible involvement in the murders, that would be separate from and in addition to his charges for violating probation. Being guilty or innocent of violating his probation doesn't prove or disprove anything about the murder investigation.

He's not a suspect in the murders though so he's innocent.

<modsnip>

No one will be named a suspect until the investigation is complete, DNA evidence is back, etc.

He is still involved with the investigation and Tricia, the owner of WS, allows members to sleuth him bc of the probable cause search warrant.

From your link:
Police have had to debunk dozens of rumors regarding the case, including multiple recurring ones that connect Logan to the girls&#8217; murders.

Lots of interesting tidbits in that article. photograph...of a younger man

But if in the end, RL ends up being an accomplice and a key to cracking this case, then the time other websleuthers invested will have been relevant.

We all invest our time based on our opinions.

(Again, I don't highly suspect RL at this time, but think it's valid for any other websleuther to explore this until police clear him. I don't think it's fair to act like others are wasting their time and derailing the thread just bc you or I happen to have a different opinion.)

My post was not intended to come off as stating other sleuths and their comments are irrelevant. Everyone just seems to fixated on RL. There are other theories that might involve him in an indirect way.

No offence but I don’t think this helps his case as it give credence to him possibly behaving with no regard to others as well.

All imo
i thought the same thing when i read it.

Let me try and clear this up for you.

What we have to do in certain cases is use our common sense.

Thank you,
Tricia

RSBM

The greatest quote eva!

FWIW...WS is by far the most well run/moderated forums on the interwebs....

MY OPINIONS ONLY!!!!

There is a lot to talk about, JMO. A lot of theories that could have happened with the girls. When we go to bed and wake up the next morning , we can carry on with life but RL can not. He made major mistakes in his life, but murder is not one of them. Is it really fair to keep his name going on in the threads pointing a finger at him? He is guilty of not being sober and lying about it to cover his illegal actions.In the beginning his name was allowed but then it got carried away with RL is the guy, RLis the one that killed the girls...meanwhile the real killer is running loose and 30 threads later we are still debating an alcoholic and fish
Scroll and Roll
Im not in the RL camp did it but I don't know all the facts. However what's worse is telling everyone to stop debating their opinions. It's getting so old, I'm going to stop posting for a bit but just read intill more info comes to light.
Its really not you it's one post of many telling people this.

LE clears people all the time. If LE clears you, you are never charged and don't end up in court to begin with.

Judges don't see people LE or the DA clears.

If LE charges a person, then a court rules on whether they are guilty.

LE has neither cleared or charged RL at this time. They have issued a probable cause search warrant and are awaiting results or at least have not released then yet.

Sure, LE can clear anyone who has an iron-tight alibi. But those who don't have a strong alibi and therefore can't be cleared do not automatically become suspects, correct? That's what I was referring to. Just because someone is not cleared by LE, doesn't mean they're guilty.

Not being a Suspect is right next door to "cleared". LE does not suspect that person of having committed the crime. If LE did suspect RL, they'd say so imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My post was not intended to come off as stating other sleuths and their comments are irrelevant. Everyone just seems to fixated on RL. There are other theories that might involve him in an indirect way.

Thanks for clarifying. May the best theories prevail!;)

He's not a suspect in the murders though so he's innocent.

Not necessarily. Rarely do police point to someone as a suspect anymore. BG is an exception.

I am not saying RL is guilty. All I am saying is we don't know. We do know the police had enough probable cause for a search warrant.

Police have stated he is not cooperating.

Personally, I don't think RL is guilty of the killing but I think there is a possibility he knows something and is not talking. I could be wrong.

We did not allow RL to be sleuthed when Abby and Libby's bodies were found on his land. Only when the police had the search warrant for his house did we allow.

You have not heard the police say RL is innocent and you won't.

And everyone participating as the guest of WS should pursue their own theories that fall within The Rules. I'm not interested in changing anyone's mind because what I think won't matter who is arrested, tried, convicted or acquitted for these murders. I'm adding people daily to ignore because some can't get off the bandwagon of telling other people how to think. As a guest, I'm trying to remain polite to other guests but I find it increasingly difficult. MOO

Sure, LE can clear anyone who has an iron-tight alibi. But those who don't have a strong alibi and therefore can't be cleared do not automatically become suspects, correct? That's what I was referring to. Just because someone is not cleared by LE, doesn't mean they're guilty.

Not being a Suspect is right next door to "cleared". LE does not suspect that person of having committed the crime. If LE did suspect RL, they'd say so imo.

Right. The reason he is being discussed here is not bc he doesn't have an iron tight alibi. According to Tricia, the owner of WS who has taken the time to explain this extensively, the reason he is allowed to be sleuthed is bc police issued a probable cause search warrant.

From your link:
Police have had to debunk dozens of rumors regarding the case, including multiple recurring ones that connect Logan to the girls’ murders.
i hope they do debunk rumors. They should. I wonder if they do the same for facts?

No one will be named a suspect until the investigation is complete, DNA evidence is back, etc.

He is still involved with the investigation and Tricia, the owner of WS, allows members to sleuth him bc of the probable cause search warrant.

I understand. I have asked mods if we can sleuth the other PC SWees too.

Many times LE does not say their suspect is a suspect. Rarely do you hear police say someone is an out and out suspect

Police had to have probable cause to get a search warrant for RL house.

We really know nothing other than the police, at some point, had enough evidence to get the search warrant meaning police had a reason to suspect, at the very least, RL knew something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay