IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many times LE does not say their suspect is a suspect. Rarely do you hear police say someone is an out and out suspect

Police had to have probable cause to get a search warrant for RL house.

We really know nothing other than the police, at some point, had enough evidence to get the search warrant meaning police had a reason to suspect, at the very least, RL knew something.

And since then they have said he is not a suspect , so yes they may of suspected him but that doesn't mean he has not now been cleared hence "he is not considered a suspect"

And everyone participating as the guest of WS should pursue their own theories that fall within The Rules. I'm not interested in changing anyone's mind because what I think won't matter who is arrested, tried, convicted or acquitted for these murders. I'm adding people daily to ignore because some can't get off the bandwagon of telling other people how to think. As a guest, I'm trying to remain polite to other guests but I find it increasingly difficult. MOO
I know we can block if we don't like but I tend to think that defeats the object of a forum. I like to see others opinions and like to see what others think of mine too. Of course we get peed off and can ignore or scroll and roll. If we all thought the same, the thread would not be so interesting IMO.

And everyone participating as the guest of WS should pursue their own theories that fall within The Rules. I'm not interested in changing anyone's mind because what I think won't matter who is arrested, tried, convicted or acquitted for these murders. I'm adding people daily to ignore because some can't get off the bandwagon of telling other people how to think. As a guest, I'm trying to remain polite to other guests but I find it increasingly difficult. MOO

My scrolling finger gets tired and sometimes I have to use my middle finger. Ahem. But that only has to do with Arthritis :biggrin:
I do fnd that S&R lessens the anxiety.

Wow, just catching up on RL's comments.

He still doesn't get it!
Agreed. He sounds like my alcoholic father. Always bad luck, everyone else's fault. At his age, I'm not sure much will change, sadly - but likely my bias coming into play, too. I don't see 1-3 years in prison rehabilitating him. It is a short term bandaid, jmo.

Just checked in today in hopes of a break in the case. Not seeing much other than some interesting info in the scanner thread. <modsnip> JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I hope my post earlier today was not misconstrued. I personally just meant I was sick of seeing RL being talked about constantly (meaning Im extremely frustrated that that's ALL we really seem to have at this point, almost 8 long weeks later! I'm angry that there hasn't been an arrest, Im furious that a killer has still managed to evade the long arm of the law, Im sad beyond words that these 2 beautiful young ladies had their lives stolen and in a most horrible way. ) That's all the emotions that ran the undercurrents of my post which most likely did not come across correctly. I will try to write more carefully or just not post at all lol . Have a good evening everyone. I hope there is a break in the case very soon.

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/04/10/delp...ears-in-jail-for-habitual-traffic-violations/

SBM

3:22 PM, APRIL 10, 2017

"“Maybe in the future no one else will be murdered in my backyard,” Logan told Carroll Superior Judge Kurtis Fouts, apparently to the surprise of his own attorney, when asked if he wished to speak up for himself."

"Between 2010 and 2014, Logan was arrested for drunk driving four times, resulting in three convictions.

Judge Fouts noted previous leniency in sentencing Logan to probation and other alternative terms."

"“You’re a danger to this community,” said the judge."

My opinions only....

- I do believe LE has a really good idea who the Killer is......and is waiting for all forensic evidence to be finished ( in order to build a solid case)....

- I also belive RL was not truthful on his alibi ( driving to Lafeyette to buy fish) and LE can 100% prove this ( again my opinion only!)

- The one thing that we(public) dont know is COD and if a murder "weapon" was used?.....does LE have the Murder weapon?

- Motive? ( hard to even contimplate) we may never know....we dont know much with the limited info we ( public ) has..all we have are the facts that 2 children were murdered ......hopefully LE has the evidence to find and convict the Killer.......I believe they do.

Hopefully somehow someway the families can find a little light.

Many times LE does not say their suspect is a suspect. Rarely do you hear police say someone is an out and out suspect

Police had to have probable cause to get a search warrant for RL house.

We really know nothing other than the police, at some point, had enough evidence to get the search warrant meaning police had a reason to suspect, at the very least, RL knew something.
i have always felt that we will not know who the suspect is until there is an arrest. it makes sense.

Tricia: I hope it's okay that I answered some of your questions: RSBM.

Why did the police get a search warrant for RL the land owner where Abby and Libby's bodies were found?

Because their bodies were found there? Of course there are probably other reasons that we are not aware of because LE is being tight lipped. (I have a strong feeling that a lot of "tips" were called in from people on SM that are "convinced" he's a killer)

Why did the police violate his parole? If someone could find a link verifying this. I will retract if I am incorrect.
He violated his own probation by breaking the law. It's nothing new or uncommon. When people break the law, especially while on parole or probation, they tend to get arrested.

Why was RL given over three years in prison for driving convictions?
Because he's a felon and he could have received up to 4 years, by law.

Didn't the police say he was not cooperating? You have to wonder if there is a deal to be made with RL if he cooperates.
He had an attorney and was most likely told not to. (AFTER his arrest). The Sheriff said he cooperated fully up until that point/

Is there anyone else the police are looking into that has anything close to the connection to the case like RL other than BG?
We don't have a clue because LE isn't talking. I'm sure there are plenty of people they are looking at.

To get a search warrant for his house police needed probable cause.
Yes, and they have served dozens of other SW's that needed probable cause as well. SW's aren't that hard to get, TBH.

As far as I go, I don't care if RL is sleuthed or not....I know how to roll and scroll....I just hope that those of us that believe LE (that he isn't a suspect) are allowed to point out that fact when RL is being sleuthed.

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/04/10/delp...ears-in-jail-for-habitual-traffic-violations/

SBM

3:22 PM, APRIL 10, 2017

"&#8220;Maybe in the future no one else will be murdered in my backyard,&#8221; Logan told Carroll Superior Judge Kurtis Fouts, apparently to the surprise of his own attorney, when asked if he wished to speak up for himself."

"Between 2010 and 2014, Logan was arrested for drunk driving four times, resulting in three convictions.

Judge Fouts noted previous leniency in sentencing Logan to probation and other alternative terms."

"&#8220;You&#8217;re a danger to this community,&#8221; said the judge."

BBM
This totally makes sense. They have tried and tried to work with this guy..to no avail. They had no choice but to lock him up this time. It has nothing to do with the murders.

I agree with this , I feel a little sorry for him. Yes he committed a crime but he is clearly a troubled old man and 3 and a half years would make him over 80 when released.

Yet another casualty... So very sad....

Changing the subject slightly... Many threads ago I said:

I don't think RL is BG.
I do think RL knows or is related to BG.
I'm not sure whether RL knows he knows or is related to BG.

But now that RL is not cooperating I think it means he has realised he knows or is related to BG.

Not necessarily. Rarely do police point to someone as a suspect anymore. BG is an exception.

I am not saying RL is guilty. All I am saying is we don't know. We do know the police had enough probable cause for a search warrant.

Police have stated he is not cooperating.

Personally, I don't think RL is guilty of the killing but I think there is a possibility he knows something and is not talking. I could be wrong.

We did not allow RL to be sleuthed when Abby and Libby's bodies were found on his land. Only when the police had the search warrant for his house did we allow.

You have not heard the police say RL is innocent and you won't.

I guess therein lies the rub. Since we know nothing about the search warrant, we do not know if LE sought it more or less not to leave any stone uncovered. If he wasn't honest with LE, that would probably be sufficient for a search warrant (even though RL had a transparent reason for being dishonest -- he didn't want his probation revoked). As far as we know, RL had also been cooperative up until he was charged with the unrelated PVs. He certainly created problems for himself because of the PVs. But that's an unrelated matter, according to LE.

Be that as it may, the lack of clarity, at least for me, stems from allowing "limited" sleuthing of RL. But, as far as I can tell, so-called limited sleuthing is no different than unlimited sleuthing. It makes no appreciable difference, IMO. If it were me, I'd err on the side of caution (esp. considering how many innocent people have been sleuthed mercilessly on WS in the past). But it's not my call. Nor are the moral consequences mine.

So, what makes RL look old?
White hair, big belly, blurry eyes, a slack chin?

I do have to say, that man has skin like a baby's bee-hind.

So, if the hair was covered, his belly covered, and he's not viewed from the side and his eyes are covered, would he look younger?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

It could be some of the evidence is back but other items not as they stated it would be a number of weeks (which I can't remember how many) until all the evidence comes back. I believe at the time, I calculated as mid to the end of April IIRC. I can't imagine police clearing RL at least until then and maybe not even then, depending what they may suspect. JMO

So, you could say you think it's possible he committed the murders based on a statement he made (or whatever). How is that any different than what we're allowed to do in cases where LE has named a POI or suspect? Seems to me there's little, if any, difference. So, even though he's not a suspect (as LE has repeatedly made clear), we have permission to treat him like we would treat a named suspect?
To answer your two questions… No different. And yes we have been given permission by Tricia based on the probable cause SW. See the first few posts of each thread for her explanation. I understand some folks don't agree, but there's plenty that do. There's always the block or scroll and roll options for those that don't want to consider RL as a viable suspect. I scroll and roll quite a bit when I see posts that don't make sense to me, but those are just my opinions and no one has to agree with them.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member