IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re Probable Cause for RL SW:

A judge granted a warrant for investigators to search his home and everything on the 40-acre property. But investigators would not share what piece of evidence gave them probable cause.

“I don’t believe it was just one piece of evidence I think the totality of evidence led to probable cause where a judge was able to issue a search warrant and that’s a normal course of business,” said Sgt. Slocum. “It’s not the first time we served a search warrant in this case.”
http://wishtv.com/2017/03/17/search...mily-continue-in-delphi-double-homicide-case/

Something RL said "He said the land well his land looked pristine". People are taking that wrong. He is talking about his land his property. The value of such land I believe. Not that the crime scene was pristine.

PRISTINE a : not spoiled, corrupted, or polluted (as by civilization) : pure a pristine forest

I have often thought how beautiful it was in the State Park in the mountains where my sister's night of torture finally came to an end. She was murdered... She loved it there. We played there and had picnics as children. That is probably the irony going through RL's head when he says pristine. I can understand his thoughts perfectly. It is hard to imagine something so brutal taking place in such a beautiful spot like that.... but it happened to Abby and Liberty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot imagine how awful it would be for this to happen on my land. We had a young mare escape our field one year and was hit by a car and badly injured. Noone else except the horse was hurt but my daughter had to deal with it immediately and the vet had to destroy her. We sold the land after that. That was bad enough but this would be a terrible shock and memory for the landowner and he, as well as the families and the area will never get over it IMO.

If what you're saying is true, then it'd have been less problematic if we were told regular, unlimited sleuthing is allowed. For all intents and purposes, it certainly has been. It still makes me hesitate, knowing the hysteria that surrounds this case and the reckless sleuthing I've witnessed in other cases. But at least the rules would be clear. :)

I don't know how much clearer Tricia could've been or, frankly, how she's remained so polite. I also don't know how she keeps from adding vodka to her morning coffee because I am far less patient than she. MOO

I see what you're saying. But I guess I tend to think he brought it on himself by breaking the rules of his probation (not to mention all his past offenses). BTW, I wish no ill-will on this man, I just don't think he should blame the deaths of these two girls for his own actions. That's all.

He didn't I don't think , he blamed the murder I thought ?

And I agree he brought it on himself but he was caught because of something outside his control.

:moo;

The last article I posted was just updated:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...ner-sentenced-in-charges-unrelated-to-murders

In the courtroom Monday, he said to the judge,"Maybe in the future no one will be murdered in my backyard.”

A friend of Logan's offered this explanation about his statement: "I think he was very stressed over that and upset and he probably did need a beer, I know I would, I would need more than one, so I think he did."
Sounds like RL is in alcohol withdrawal.imo

See I don't like nor do I hate this man.
I just don't think he did it.

I don't think he likely killed them either, but I am on the fence about whether or not he may have been involved at some level. Waiting to hear what police release about their findings. Like you, I don't like or dislike him. I just think there are multiple reasons to continue to consider his role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The judge gave him a death sentence! Injustice! The penalty is too harsh for the offense.

I respect you and your opinion . I am bouncing off your quote to post my opinion.

IMO Every time he got behind the wheel of his vehicle while under the influence of alcohol he gave every other motorist + passengers on the highway a death sentence.
IMO has repeatedly been slapped on the wrist for his total and blatant disrespect for other people, the law, and himself.

IMO Age doesn't = immunity from being a respectful , law abiding person. Whether a person is 17 or 77 they are responsible for the consequences of their behavior.

IMO I doubt he will serve the full sentence due to his age.

R/L; "Maybe in the future no one will be murdered in my backyard".

Me; "Well I sure hope this is the case sir....and sorry the heinous death of those two innocent kids inconvenienced you like this".

I am about two pages behind, but I keep seeing conflicting statements as to RL's sentence received today. maybe this will help to understand the discrepancy: 22 months-original Probation violation PLUS 2 years as habitual offender:

[RL's] sentence includes 22 months to serve on his original probation violation plus another two years after his guilty pleas as a habitual traffic violator, though Judge Fouts indicated he is free to appeal the consecutive sentences.

“You’re a danger to this community,” said the judge.

[RL] received 31 days credit for the time he served without bond in the Carroll County Jail since his arrest.

http://fox59.com/2017/04/10/delphi-...early-four-years-in-jail-for-traffic-charges/

I want to ask something. Mods if it's possible can a link to the thread for Los be added to the start of the next thread?

For those that don't know we lost one of our own today, and a very special guy at that.

los2188 has passed away

Los started the first thread for Abby and Libby, like he did many 1000's of others. I just think it would be nice nod to a great guy, who has been taken way too soon. More people should know what he did for the missing.

Ignore if not appropriate

R/L; "Maybe in the future no one will be murdered in my backyard".

Me; "Well I sure hope this is the case sir....and sorry the heinous death of those two innocent kids inconvenienced you like this".

Inconvenience is a tad mild , how would you feel if your name became mud because you are being accused of being a murderer?

Even when LE say he is not consider a suspect people still seem convinced yet have no evidence to back up the claims.

JMO - I am now thinking something along these lines : BG is someone who indirectly heard about what the girls' afternoon plans were, possibly through one of Libby's extended family members. (There are a lot of them in the general area, not to be sleuthed as individuals but certainly to be acknowledged as existing. And this theory in no way blames them for anything.) BG is related to or friends with one of those people and, unbeknownst to the family member(s) was not what he seemed to be. He can put on a good old boy face when necessary. He had all day in front of him to go to the park and set himself up for the hunt. He did not come into town as an unwashed drifter (look at his clean/new clothes.) He was likely in town for a short visit. He may have known RL or another neighbor living close to the crime scene as well, and we can't rule that out.
He was nearly undone by the picture from Libby's video and the voice from her phone, but one or more of the locals who recognized him from those pieces of evidence have not been willing to say anything. People have all kinds of reasons for keeping their mouths closed.
What sent me in this direction now is the subsequent death of the 3rd teenager in Delphi/Lafayette, who I will not name. But that death is a matter of public record. All of this is JMO.
If this post is in violation of TOS, then I apologize. It does not, however, name anyone or accuse anyone. All are left to draw their own conclusions.

JMO - I don't like what RL said but I do understand where it's probably coming from. Even though he's brought most of this on himself, he's still angry over the situation he's found himself in and it's possible, as others have mentioned, alcohol withdrawal is playing a part in his attitude as well. I don't like his comment, I don't condone it, but I can get the attitude and way of thinking.

MOO

I want to ask something. Mods if it's possible can a link to the thread for Los be added to the start of the next thread?

For those that don't know we lost one of our own today, and a very special guy at that.

los2188 has passed away

Los started the first thread for Abby and Libby, like he did many 1000's of others. I just think it would be nice nod to a great guy, who has been taken way too soon. More people should know what he did for the missing.

RIP Los. Not off topic as he started the first thread for Abby and Libby. Thanks for all done for the girls and every other case.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

The big deal is that he is directing his anger outward instead of inward. For those who hope to see him rehabilitated and eliminate future risk for others ' safety should he drink and drive, inward motivation is necessary. I can see it being triggering for those who have personal experiences with alcoholism and/or drunk drivers. Jmo.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thank you for this, Momma2cam. RL's habitual violations regarding drinking and driving do trigger many deep feelings in me. having lost an entire family (my grandparents and their baby son, leaving my mother and four sister orphaned), had an alcoholic first husband (divorced) who had too many tickets and never learned (he died from the alcohol use which literally destroyed his brain), an alcoholic son who has refused to get a drivers license after 25 years (he knows he would still drive after drinking), and many other extended family issues as a result of alcoholism ..... RL was an accident waiting to happen, regardless of his age. JMO, of course. I could go on and on about this subject, but will step down from my soapbox instead.

See I don't like nor do I hate this man.
I just don't think he did it.

That's fair...but it's not fair to accuse us of 'hating" him. I just don't see it. I certainly don't know the man and I regret that he is in the position he is in. It happens though in such cases...and until LE acts on their findings we will all be wondering how it ends. But please don't say we hate him. It's a criminal investigation, not a popularity contest.

I can't believe I have to say this; PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC.

OMG, please stop making work for the moderators.

los2188 has passed away

OMG ..... nooooo! I am shocked, as far as I know this was totally unexpected. thank you for sharing, Skibs. I counted on los2188 to stay updated on our missing. Tears are literally draining from my eyes as I try to type.

RIP dear friend. I am so sad. :tears:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member