IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't take that long to build a case if they have DNA, man. It would take no more then a day or 2 and then there would be an arrest, Delphi is so small LE could have checked everyone there by now, again, I believe it's someone who knows the area but in no way lives near Delphi
Someone said on here today it takes longer (weeks) if they have a suspect so lets hope that is the case.

Please cite even one murder conviction that was based on a single piece of evidence, no other evidence presented or investigated, on a single DNA sample. TIA

Ruben Cantu

It doesn't take that long to build a case if they have DNA, man. It would take no more then a day or 2 and then there would be an arrest, Delphi is so small LE could have checked everyone there by now, again, I believe it's someone who knows the area but in no way lives near Delphi

Even if DNA evidence was collected and results obtained, it takes a lot more than DNA to convict someone. A defendant with a good attorney could always try to argue why their client's DNA was identified - anything from a previous (and innocent) interaction, evidence contamination, being "framed", etc.

I believe LE may know who the killer is and they are trying to make sure that they have a landslide of evidence that they can present in order to assure a conviction AND to prevent any verdict reversals on appeal. Most of us here have heard of the "CSI Effect" in which today's jurors often expect the prosecution to have all kinds of evidence like is presented on TV. This is rarely a reality. We also know that some jurors misinterpret guilt "Beyond a REASONABLE doubt" to mean guilt "Beyond ANY doubt".

I believe LE is ensuring that this killer is caught, prosecuted, convicted and sentenced to make sure he NEVER returns to society and, IMO, this is not only for Abby and Libby, but for others that he may have previously killed or may have an opportunity to kill in the future. IMO someone that kills like this won't voluntarily stop killing.

I, too, think that the families' silence regarding criticism of LE is (hopefully) an indication that LE has shared information with them to keep them confident that they continue to be dedicated to finding the killer and that they are on the right track.

Of course, all of this is IMO.

Does anyone know why Gray Hughes's Google Earth map has a yellow pin dot at the intersection of W 300 N and 450 W labeled "Image of Liberty and another"? I noticed it for the first time while watching his video again for the umpteenth time.

Perhaps we have all been thrown off course by the picture of BG. I keep thinking about a post by "Frolic With Me" on April 6 at 7:10, not sure how to bring it forward to this thread.

Basically, the post suggests BG could be highly intelligent based on the FBI response. What if the local looking clothes are all part of the disguise. One would not expect BG to wear anything that would identify him if it was premeditated. Why not blend in?

I was thinking for so long that it must be a local, a tough guy, or a hitchhiker. Someone that seemed like the picture of BG.

I read for the first time about Ted Bundy's trail of evil. No fingerprints were ever found. He attacked in hallways, in parks, on campus, night, daylight.....very fast. He had a kill kit with handcuffs. No one ever heard the victims scream. He was a master of disguise.

What if BG is so much smarter than we give him credit for. The clothes he was wearing were throw away clothes so why not make them a disguise.

check out these turn around times if you have a suspect in mind. It looks like 6 weeks in Indiana, which is the same amounts of time LE told it would take to get the DNA from the search at RL's. It can take more than DNA tor a conviction.

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2010/rpt/2010-R-0086.htm

Your link indicates three weeks for "Rush" DNA results in Indiana. I'd expect a double homicide would constitute that. But that's the State Lab and considering the FBI are involved, as I recall their lab results are even quicker?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, thank you. I'm pointing out they don't arrest until the investigation is complete, they're sure they have the guilty party, and they feel they can prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt in court, not based on a single DNA hit.
Are you sure that's right? In a case like this if they don't arrest and that person kills again that would be a travesty IMO.

I'm prêtty much convinced that he parked at the cemetery. I'm wondering whether he saw the girls being dropped off - as that would mean that he was at the drop off location at the same time as the person who dropped off the children, or perhaps he initially had another victim in mind. Alternatively, he just happened to be looking for an easy victim that day and decided to park at the cemetery and look for an opportunity. I do think that he was at the park to abduct and murder a female victim. It's not surprising that no one saw him on the trails because I don't think he was on the trail. I think he parked, crossed the creek, crossed the private residence road, walked up the hill, and passed the girls at the SE end of the bridge. I think the reason there is video of the suspect is because after checking to see that no one else was on the bridge, he turned around and abducted the girls - and that about-face is what caught the girl's attention.
BBM, if he did that they why wouldn't his pants look wet at the bottom of the legs?

Ruben Cantu

Didn't they have eyewitnesses who told LE they saw RC at the scene? I don't believe it was a solitary DNA sample, even if there was a gross miscarriage of justice in this particular case. That case occurred in 1984 and his execution came a decade later, so I'm sure science has also improved. It wasn't just DNA from just a cursory look at wiki. IMO

Are you sure that's right? In a case like this if they don't arrest and that person kills again that would be a travesty IMO.

Unless the person is either already in custody on unrelated charges or LE has them under surveillance. IMO

Hi Everyone,

I must ask you all to refrain from discussing anything to do with Kat Kohl. Theforeigner has done a great job of sleuthing and research.

However, there are a few things I need to discuss with the admins.

Since it is the weekend I will not be able to discuss this topic until sometime tomorrow.

Thank you,
Tricia

since people have the right to a speedy trial LE likes to know that they are likely to obtain a conviction after an arrest. So they often wait as they build a case. This is not uncommon at all.

Is was about an arrest and charge, if they have an image and voice and they have a match on dna from the crime scene that matches a suspect, i would have to believe that would warrant an arrest. Jmo

BBM, if he did that they why wouldn't his pants look wet at the bottom of the legs?

You are right. His legs would be soaked. That's why I think he parked at the cemetery. Perhaps used the tree stand. And when he saw the girls cross the bridge, I think he went through the woods and came at them from the north side of the bridge. Walked them down the hill, and where they may have tried to get away across the creek and he either caught up where they were found. Or he ordered them across the creek and he killed them where they were found. IMO I think he Pretty much just did a loop, and headed right back to his vehicle and left undetected. I think the only part of the trail he was on was the actual bridge itself. Nobody else saw him. I used to think he was a local. But now I believe maybe he just grew up there bc he knew the area. All my own opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member