IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE believes they are allowed to snail pace an investigation just because their suspect is in jail, that certainly doesn't serve to instill public confidence in their role in seeking justice. While LE investigates, they're only part of the early process as they neither indict or convict. Innocent until proven guilty....

I don't think there's any evidence they are working at a snail's pace. LE has zero incentive to drag things out unnecessarily. The sheriff is an elected official. And he knows that.

The thing is, having a possible suspect in jail allows them to properly investigate and prepare an iron clad case for prosecution. It gives them the luxury not of moving at a snail's pace but of not having to rush, which could compromise the investigation.

We are curious. We are upset. We want justice. We want resolution. But real life isn't a tv show. It's not wrapped up in a few hours or days. And nowadays, with our CSI culture and juries that do things like let casey anthony get off scott free, they are more reluctant to take cases to a jury unless they have everything they think they need.

We are not LE and we're aren't in the middle of this investigation. But I guarantee they are working around the clock and are much more vested in this case than we can ever be. I feel defensive for LE at times in these cases. In this one for sure, knowing they saw the bodies. They saw the evidence, the video. They may have heard the girl's last words or screams. They have to live with that. I have no doubt they are dogged and determined more than anyone to get justice for those little girls.

Occasionally there are investigators and DA's who don't do what they should. I think that's more rare. And until we get info that shows they are not doing what they're supposed to do, ignoring leads, etc., we just have to be patient and let them do their jobs.

I do not want to misunderstand you, but are you saying you think LE is somehow framing an innocent man because they can't solve the case? TIA

Or possibly framing an innocent grandpaw? It would be interesting to know if the adult son who "frolicked" in the 40 acre woods or any adult grandchildren appeared in court on his behalf? Familia relationships in a case such as this could prove important! On a lighter note at the very least I hope the veterinarian showed up.......JK :)

I appreciate your post.

Do we know for sure it's BG's voice we're Hearing?

Could it not be another male not seen by us that says those words?

Could BG not even be speaking to the girls, but to someone off camera as to where to take the girls?

Just speculating. Not arguing. Jmoo

Police seemed to release at one point that the voice was associated with the suspect, but since that time I have read conflicting reports.

Without evidence of a second person, and without seeing the suspect's lips move corresponding to audio, we don't know whether the audio belongs to the suspect, but I think it's a good bet.

I think if they had evidence of a second perp they would say so. To not would mean that someone might dismiss a suspect that if they did not resemble BG.

Further to your thoughts, I've been reading some of the initial media reports from almost two months ago. Considering the amount of time that's passed from the early optimistic days of LE almost ready to nail the case shut, now I can't quite shirk an uneasy feeling about the unexpected direction this case has taken although I'd be delighted to be wrong.

Contrary to the time that's passed, I notice that RL is still very much an unofficial suspect according to SM. While LE continue to stress he's not a suspect, at the same time current events are keeping his name in the media spotlight. As he's now locked up for 3 1/2 years, considering his age and that's he's already over the hill in terms of male life expectancy, he could die before his release.

What I don't want to think about, is this a roundabout way of conveniently closing a potentially unsolvable case? Are folks in and around Delphi satisfied that RL is behind bars for whatever reason it may be? The next election is undoubtedly within the next 3 1/2 years. A few posters here have questioned the rational for locking someone up that truly requires an stringent rehab program considering it's well established that incarceration does not cure addiction and I strongly agree.

All that has left me wondering, hoping it's not what it's beginning to appear.

From a locals perspective.. No I am not satisfied. And won't be until they get the guy that did this.

As far as RL goes, it's his fault, and only his fault that he got caught. Addiction or not.

LE stated they couldn't and wouldn't look the other way while investigating leads in this investigation... And they have caught other people/things during this investigation. Again it's the person breaking the laws fault.

All IMO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I don't think there's any evidence they are working at a snail's pace. LE has zero incentive to drag things out unnecessarily. The sheriff is an elected official. And he knows that.

The thing is, having a possible suspect in jail allows them to properly investigate and prepare an iron clad case for prosecution. It gives them the luxury not of moving at a snail's pace but of not having to rush, which could compromise the investigation.

We are curious. We are upset. We want justice. We want resolution. But real life isn't a tv show. It's not wrapped up in a few hours or days. And nowadays, with our CSI culture and juries that do things like let casey anthony get off scott free, they are more reluctant to take cases to a jury unless they have everything they think they need.

We are not LE and we're aren't in the middle of this investigation. But I guarantee they are working around the clock and are much more vested in this case than we can ever be. I feel defensive for LE at times in these cases. In this one for sure, knowing they saw the bodies. They saw the evidence, the video. They may have heard the girl's last words or screams. They have to live with that. I have no doubt they are dogged and determined more than anyone to get justice for those little girls.

Occasionally there are investigators and DA's who don't do what they should. I think that's more rare. And until we get info that shows they are not doing what they're supposed to do, ignoring leads, etc., we just have to be patient and let them do their jobs.

Best post in 48 threads.

I think you're right on the money. They are making sure they have everything to make charges stick. If RL is the only one they're looking at with the hairy eyeball, he's in custody so they don't have to worry about that.

I still wonder if the obstruction charge that was dropped is because they didn't want to have to put something on the record in the PV case at this time.

IMO

I wasn't aware there was a huge media presence. And I thought I read everything. Did they share the name of the person who lived there? Thank you for your post. :)
No. They had the mailbox (address) shown on the news... That was enough for Facebook groups to convict. It was horrible.

I'm not willing to go with a 'second abductor' without something to base it on.

First, we have video of the suspect taken from many feet away and there is no second suspect.
Second, we have a predator who is not calling out to a second suspect to see if that person is "down the hill". Instead, we have an authoritative directive to the children to go down the hill. I think he was quite capable of commandeering the children after they were down the hill ... no reason to assume another person was present during the abduction, assault, and murder of these children ... is there?
In my theory of the crime there is more than one person involved. There are a number of factors that have led me to that theory. Some of those are mentioned in that post. Others factors are in earlier posts.

I agree that the voice is authoritative. Something that I think is very important it identifying the person that spoke those words. But I don't believe a lone perpetrator could freeze the girls in place from that distance with no outwardly visible appearance of any weapon. The way I see it as fast as Libby decided to start recording and hide her phone should have been fast enough to decide to get out of there rather than wait about 45 to 60 seconds for BG to get to them. He certainly didn't run to get to them as you don't hear any indication in the voice on the audio that the speaker had just been running let alone any exertion.

Others disagree that there is more than one perpetrator.

No. They had the mailbox (address) shown on the news... That was enough for Facebook groups to convict. It was horrible.

Didn't LE make a statement clearing the occupants fairly quickly? They have not publicly and officially cleared RL that I'm aware of.

From a locals perspective.. No I am not satisfied. And won't be until they get the guy that did this.

As far as RL goes, it's his fault, and only his fault that he got caught. Addiction or not.

LE stated they couldn't and wouldn't look the other way while investigating leads in this investigation... And they have caught other people/things during this investigation. Again it's the person breaking the laws fault.

All IMO.

My thanks button seems to have disappeared. Thanks! Local perspectives are always very interesting. While the public at large often has lots to say about cases on SM, I can appreciate that it's a different significance to those of you who are more directly or indirectly impacted, and obviously know much more than we do as well.

Address was listed in your Delphi Times
http://www.delphitimes.net/localnews.html
Not sure what you are trying to say. I am not even sure as to what date the Delphi times posted the address. I do know the news shows it shortly after the investigation started... And that is what people ran with. I don't recall seeing anyone talk about seeing the address on the Delphi times... It was all news channels.

IMO

http://www.delphitimes.net/localnews.html

From the Delphi Times:
Note: On Thursday night, February 16th, law enforcement officers executed a search warrant on a home at 11036 West Bicycle Bridge Road, Delphi, IN. The warrant was part of the ongoing Delphi investigation. At this time, no person at this home is considered a suspect in the Delphi murder investigation.

Not sure what you are trying to say. I am not even sure as to what date the Delphi times posted the address. I do know the news shows it shortly after the investigation started... And that is what people ran with. I don't recall seeing anyone talk about seeing the address on the Delphi times... It was all news channels.

IMO

In my theory of the crime there is more than one person involved. There are a number of factors that have led me to that theory. Some of those are mentioned in that post. Others factors are in earlier posts.

I agree that the voice is authoritative. Something that I think is very important it identifying the person that spoke those words. But I don't believe a lone perpetrator could freeze the girls in place from that distance with no outwardly visible appearance of any weapon. The way I see it as fast as Libby decided to start recording and hide her phone should have been fast enough to decide to get out of there rather than wait about 45 to 60 seconds for BG to get to them. He certainly didn't run to get to them as you don't hear any indication in the voice on the audio that the speaker had just been running let alone any exertion.

Others disagree that there is more than one perpetrator.

Are you thinking there is additional video or was she likely intending to capture audio at that point? I can't see how she would try to video someone or something close to her.

Kinda jumping in here... Started on this page (45) to catch up. So sorry if this has been discussed before or after. But the first search warrant on bicycle bridge had a huge media presence.

yes, but no live interviews with LE like at the search at RL's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadgett inspeccion