IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #48

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason I can come up with that more of the video has not been released is that it's horrific.

If he pulls a weapon on them seconds after that image then it's also about the family and there feelings.
That said--and I mean absolutely no judgement by this--after more time elapses, I wonder if the family would want LE to release the video (even if it's awful) if doing so would contribute to finding the murderer.

That the family is not voicing similar concerns makes me wonder if maybe they're privy to more inside information than we have.

The above is just my opinion.

I swear I've heard this before also but looked high and low earlier today and could only find it "theorized" by a poster in thread #12. So mabye I imagined that LE said it...or maybe it's in one of the untranscribed press conferences (I only listed to the very first one, before the girls were even identified).

This case has lots of people theorizing, thinking, dreaming. It's driving lots bat chit crazy. We seem to have so much yet not enough. Jmo

That said--and I mean absolutely no judgement by this--after more time elapses, I wonder if the family would want LE to release the video (even if it's awful) if doing so would contribute to finding the murderer.

That the family is not voicing similar concerns makes me wonder if maybe they're privy to more inside information than we have.

I'd say that's a very good assumption. I believe the families are in the loop to an extent, but probably will not be told everything until right before LE places someone under arrest. IMO

I kind of wonder why they didn't call a parent or family member? Obviously I have no idea what situation they were in, but it reminds me of the movie taken.. when she shouts out all the features of the man before shes kidnapped, to help identify him. Maybe they thought he was no real threat? It really makes me wonder :( My friend and I used to hike and walk through the woods as kids, this is really heart breaking.

I kind of wonder why they didn't call a parent or family member? Obviously I have no idea what situation they were in, but it reminds me of the movie taken.. when she shouts out all the features of the man before shes kidnapped, to help identify him. Maybe they thought he was no real threat? It really makes me wonder :( My friend and I used to hike and walk through the woods as kids, this is really heart breaking.

How do you know they didn't?

The public is always curious about murders, accidents, and gruesome events. Knowing that there is more video in this abduction/murder makes people curious. Isn't the best way to justify that we want the video released to claim that the crime would be more easily solved if all the evidence was released to the public?

On the balance of things, is it more important to satisfy the curiosity of the public, or to prevent the suspect from knowing what evidence he left behind?

Looks like the middle of nowhere so maybe no signal ?

That's curious isn't it. She left a trail of clues to find her, but she didn't call 911 or someone in her family ... or did she and she couldn't get through?

Since we really havent had anything new to go off of, I have been going back through what we do have. Take a second to look at the billboards they put up to try to catch BG:

Here is a link to a site that has the billboard, there are a ton of them this is just one:

http://fox59.com/2017/02/23/fbi-lau...ampaign-in-search-for-killer-of-delphi-teens/

What was the point in putting the victims pictures so big and the already really difficult to see picture of the BG so small? Why were the girls even needed on the billboard, they were already found, this was not a missing persons billboard. The whole point of the billboard was to find BG and yet you look at the billboard the girls jump out at you, not BG.

There have been a lot of things in this case that have made me take pause, this is one of them.

I did have a thought about this....What if part of the purpose was in the event someone saw it and thought, hey, that's my husband, brother, uncle...etc and then looked in that person's phone/computer for photos and came across pictures of the girls. Geeze I hope that made sense.

How do you know they didn't?

I don't think they did either. Do you think one of the called out to someone yet they were assumed lost? I think if ( big if ) there was a call for help the 13th would have been a serious search. Jmo

I'll have to go digging for the link (pretty sure I posted it about 20 threads ago) but I'm sure that the FBI presence during the search on the 13th was one local volunteer searcher who happened to work for the FBI. Guess I'll start digging...

I don't have a link handy but my memory matches yours. I do wonder when more FBI joined the case. moo

I wish I was able to search right now but I am having connectivity problems still..but there is a news station interview with a father in the community who mentioned his daughter uses the trail frequently and had had more than one unnerving encounter with creeps. I cannot recall exactly how he worded it but it eluded to the fact that apparently some unsavory types often were around the trail system area. I hope his daughter was interviewed by LE thoroughly for descriptions of these men who had bothered her previously.

I remember that comment.

But we were looking for an indication from LE that the girls had prior contact with BG that day.

It's hard to tell age from those photos, definitely. My father-in-law is ~65, and looks and carries himself like someone in their 30's. I have a few relatives like that as well. Something about BG's posture and the way he appears to carry his legs when he walks makes me think this could easily be the case here, too. IOW, he may be older than most people would guess by looking at him. That's part of the reason I haven't ruled him out 100% as being RL, although I don't think they are the same person.I would guess BG could be anywhere from ~35 to mid-to-late-60's.
Those pictures... I think he looks to be in his late 30's in pic #1 and 10 or so years older in pic #2. Remember when someone put the shot of BG on the bridge beside Abby? I thought he looked really young (20's) in that one.

Could be they have their man in their sights...could be it's election year.

Superintendent Doug Carter of the Indiana State Police doesn't strike me as a man who gives a single F about politics. If I'm not mistaken, he is the highest-ranking law enforcement officer in the state of Indiana and whose direct boss is the governor. Watch this and tell me a *very* emotional Doug Carter is leaving any stone unturned to find the person who killed Abby and Libby. Watch and listen to the FBI agent who spoke after Carter. If anyone can truly disagree that LE isn't working day and night to bring this monster to justice I'll shut up and deactivate my account.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mZcHfgbOcKo

I would think even without a signal the failed call would come up on her phone history and LE would have seen it. Or perhaps they did and they just didn't think it was worth mentioning to the public? Were the snaps posted to her story, or were they just saved in the phone? She would have had to have had LTE if her snaps went through. Also, I believe even if you have no service 911 calls will go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required