IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #48

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how billboard funds or leniency laws are related to my post that you quoted? I had referenced another member's remark that the phone was in motion and Libby was likely reacting to something happening closer to her than BG.

At any rate, there may have been two people, but I believe one could just as easily swiftly get control of two kids alone in that scenario. How Libby and Abby were approached is simply unknown, but my guess is the "down the hill" remark was shortly after BG was caught on Libby's camera.

And it makes sense to me that if there's audio of the greater crime, LE likely has an impression or perhaps can even say how many people were present. I don't really think that the early remarks that they don't know if there was only one person, or whether or not the voice is BG's, are particularly literal or continue to stand. Most of their remarks are framed in either 'we don't know" or "can't confirm or deny" language.

My comment did include more than your post discussed. I apologize that you found it objectionable and will refrain from using your posts with the reply quote in the future.

I have also wondered if the "down the hill" audio could've been from the first encounter (as LE suggested they had a previous encounter with BG) BEFORE the bridge pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an interesting point. When I brought up last night the point that we don't know WHEN the audio was recorded I almost mentioned that it could've been before the photo (as I've seen suggested somewhere) but I had totally forgotten the LE had said anything in regards to them potentially encountering him before (can you back up with a link by the way?). So funny that I brought up that point as a way to point out we've all kind of gotten stuck in a set narrative yet I was also so stuck in it myself that the reason I didn't type that it could've been before the photo was that in my head I was like "no way, BG is so far away in that photo, etc, etc" and we have been speaking at such length for so long about it occurring a set way... but this is so true, we have no idea!

So thank you for this, for helping us all think outside the box. There is so very little we know for certain about anything!

Small towns have layers and layers of complexity. They aren't always as simple and straight forward as they may seem to outsiders.

True that. It's safest imnmedium sized cities. If a favorite son or local $$ family does you wrong in a small town there's no recourse.

Personally I think the reason LE hasn't released it may be as simple as, the video is burry enough that when it's played it's very hard to recognize any details. I think LE actually cleaned up the stills quite a bit to get even the minimal details that we can kind of make

Idk why they bothered in the first place then it's probably generated more false leads. Not sending a video out has backfired

Idk why they bothered in the first place then it's probably generated more false leads. Not sending a video out has backfired

We'll know when LE makes an arrest or says the case has hit a dead end.

we don't know that someone did not recognized him. We are not privy to the "tips" that have received.

JMO..I don't know about the townspeople but I remember Libby's grandpa, during their PC, asking the public to give that one minute to study the picture and listen to audio, so it doesn't sound to me like their family recognized him.

moo.

The only reason I can come up with that more of the video has not been released is that it's horrific.

If he pulls a weapon on them seconds after that image then it's also about the family and there feelings.

The only reason I can come up with that more of the video has not been released is that it's horrific.

If he pulls a weapon on them seconds after that image then it's also about the family and there feelings.

Just a thought.

Wouldn't an ID of the weapon help in this case, though? Not that the FBI and ISP might have any difficulty in ID'ing one (or more, depending), but someone might see and make a connection, of sorts.

JMO

Just a thought.

Wouldn't an ID of the weapon help in this case, though? Not that the FBI and ISP might have any difficulty in ID'ing one (or more, depending), but someone might see and make a connection, of sorts.

JMO

Maybe or it's a audio video so we wouldn't see the actual weapon.

I just think because they are 13 and 14 they have to show sensitivity if the audio/video does show part of the abduction.

Lots of good points people are making and thankful we have such caring people wanting to be sure the BG is prosecuted.

JMO
One thing I dont understand in this case is why LE would not at least release the video portion of the BG on the bridge at least up until that last clip of him we do already see.

It would not harm the case anymore than what we already have seen. It would just give us a few moving fames so we may be able to see the walking gait.

More importantly though it may help to see the video to be able to identify the perp better.

The stills are blurry as we all know and the video is probably blurry too but just like we have done with the stills there are free off the shelf tools that can be done to enhance the video on our own and someone may gain a vital clue to maybe make a positive ID on someone.

I struggle to see how it can harm the investigation in any way because we already see the latest frame. So if they just back up the video and give us the moving parts all the way to that point there is no more harm that could possibly be done to the investigation at all.

I just dont get it. I was a big fan of our passed Foxfire and if I remember right he also felt that the public was a great asset that is under utilized by LE because of old strategies that are clung onto.

I firmly believe that some of the older strategies are just being hung onto because people just have always done things a certain way and keeping things close to the vest is fine when there is a good reason to do it.

I think the problem we have is people just cling onto some of those strategies when there really is no reason to. They do not ask the tough questions of themselves and really think through it. Is there any real harm in releasing the moving parts of what we have already seen?

IMO Absolutely not and it cannot possibly harm the case and can only help us find the BG. In fact I would be willing to bet there is much more of the video that could be released and edited to block out any parts that may be too graphic or disturbing without jeopardizing the case.
And if not that then I am sure there are some more spoken words that could be released to us so we can identify his vocal speech and maybe realize "Hey that is John Smith" talking.

The goal would be to give the public more so that the public can help LE. We are here to help them. Not hurt them or hurt the investigation.
We dont want to jeopardize anything and I dont think it will if it is carefully thought through what parts we can see.

Sorry. Rant over. :)

It just bothers me so much because I think we can help them more if we are allowed just a few more key breadcrumbs.

Once he is behind bars then LE should be able to match him up by his DNA and hopefully some DNA was found on the bodies or some article of clothing at the scene. The immediate problem at hand is to first identify him and get him to LE. I think we can help more if given more.

The only other reason is if LE already knows who he is and doesnt need our help anymore then that could explain why nothing else has been released to help us help them.

I think the rant is really over this time. LOL :)

I think sending this video out has been helpful. It has garnered huge media and public attention. Kept this crime in the spotlight, so to speak.

The picture drives me nuts, it's so grainy but I and countless people from all over the world have religiously studied it. That's not a bad thing at all.

I firmly believe that some of the older strategies are just being hung onto because people just have always done things a certain way and keeping things close to the vest is fine when there is a good reason to do it.

As a member related in another thread re: homicide stats here in the U.S., compared with 30-40 years ago, increasingly homicides are going unsolved. I agree some with your post. although in this specific case we don't know how much video footage they have. I would imagine the quality of the video might be compromised because of how nervous Liberty was (I know I would be), which camera on her phone she was using, the distance(s) involved, and whether or not the girls were in motion when the recording was made (I believe they were). Even with a little bit of video it still may not reveal anything extraordinary.

I'll have to go digging for the link (pretty sure I posted it about 20 threads ago) but I'm sure that the FBI presence during the search on the 13th was one local volunteer searcher who happened to work for the FBI. Guess I'll start digging...

Since we really havent had anything new to go off of, I have been going back through what we do have. Take a second to look at the billboards they put up to try to catch BG:

Here is a link to a site that has the billboard, there are a ton of them this is just one:

http://fox59.com/2017/02/23/fbi-lau...ampaign-in-search-for-killer-of-delphi-teens/

What was the point in putting the victims pictures so big and the already really difficult to see picture of the BG so small? Why were the girls even needed on the billboard, they were already found, this was not a missing persons billboard. The whole point of the billboard was to find BG and yet you look at the billboard the girls jump out at you, not BG.

There have been a lot of things in this case that have made me take pause, this is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop