IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe this was discussed much earlier in the threads and there was no indication from anyone (LE, etc) that it had been used by the girls.

Actually, Libby did indeed have a KIK account and her user name was public on her Twitter account. I also don't think LE has come out and said that KIK wasn't involved. I discussed this on a much much earlier thread and IMO is still a possible link for this case.

I as well noticed that, i looked and looked and could not find one either. Jmo

1f081cd472c74827edd3efcfb1f21668.jpg

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Dick...gclid=CKm826qZoNMCFZCFaQodRFcH0A&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About the phone...on the gov site it sounds like they have the phone. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but that's how I see it.

http://www.in.gov/isp/delphi.htm

Additionally, investigators have released a voice recording, extracted from a video found on Liberty "Libby" German's cell phone, that may be connected to the homicides. Click one of the following links to download the recording:

bbm

Yeah, digital zoom really trashes the photo. It makes it all pixelated doesn't it?......I wish we knew what kind of phone took the photo of BG.....if it had an optical or digital zoom.....

I know that my phone usually takes lovely pictures for me but this was a bit surprising that I was not able to get better shots. I was really trying to determine how close the girls had to be to get the photos (video) that they did get. I think that regardless of the quality to some degree I can find the distance that gets a similar clarity and size. As I said to someone else, I might also try my daughter's iPhone. That might make a difference, she says with hope in her voice.

By the way, I think that LE has DNA evidence. Since it takes almost nothing to transfer skin cells, if he just simply came in contact with their clothes, they will have some cells, Then they will be able to take those and replicate to a large enough sample to get a DNA profile.

No doubt that is why the FBI was in there so early to help with gathering evidence.

Sort of like caller ID. If you value privacy, there are legitimate proxies but I'm sure those legit proxy companies hand over your real IP when LE comes knocking with a SW or subpoena.

Google botnet to see the darker side of what people use them for, and always make sure you do not open attachments unless you scan with AV first and you know the sender. That's not even truly safe because your friend or mother may have malware and it's the malware sending out more malware. If you want to check, try https://www.malwarebytes.com/. I have no association with MWB but I use it too.

OT
You are spot on and have good tips.

I remember trying to convince my Dad that his computer was sending out Spam to all his people in his address book. He didnt believe me until I finally printed off a copy of one of his emails that his computer sent me and mailed him a copy of it.

I had to highlight the RECIPIENT area to show him how it was everyone he had ever added in his address book.

Then when I called him back to help explain what he was seeing he first tried to accuse me of something I must have done. LOL

It turned out to be a silly "joke of the day" application that he must have clicked YES on it somewhere where it sent the joke of the day to all his friends in his address book.

My rule of thumb for anything on the internet

Just say "NO" (or click NO). Never agree to anything. :)

What kind of phone model were you using? Do we know the model of the phone that took the original images? I know there are, sometimes large, amounts of quality from model to model.
It may be something as simple as that. Part 2 showed a better thought track IMO. The pixelation on part 1 could not be cleaned up enough to get a marginal image. Part 2 on the otherhand, is a bit more like the original. I feel that the video may have been zoomed which would lead me to think that they may have uneasy feeling long before he was within arms reach.

All moo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I am really beginning to understand that, like you say, not all phone cameras are the same! Right you are about the difference between the first set and the second. The second set seemed closer to what the BG photos look like. That would lead me to believe that the video was taken in the zoomed mode.
I am going to go back and try again but moving closer, probably staying in zoom, and probably using my daughter's iPhone!

The motive is so key.

I know many of you aren't for sure about it, and I'm not either.

It could be a small town crime, and middle school girls can make enemies. Sometimes the families get involved. The only reason I am throwing that out there is because I don't think that has been looked at yet, at least not here.

I lean toward a SA maniac, but not sure at all, and the more this case goes on with no solution, I am looking at outside reasons for these girls to have met their deaths in such a horrible way.

I still feel, in my depth, this was a solo killer who may have found out the girls were going to be there that day. He may have learned it from social media, he may have bumped into them at a convenient store along the way, he may have been watching when they got dropped off, or he may have had some other sort of tie.

I still think of him as a wolf after two deer. I know some of you have followed this case so much you have had dreams about it, too. That was mine.

Anyway, I know we aren't allowed to sleuth posters here, or post the results, but I do think there may have been a cry for help earlier tonight. It was deleted, and rightfully so, because it sounded like nonsense, but where there are clues...
I had this same notion as per said poster.

I

I just tried it and it did give me location results...HOWEVER it was about 90 miles off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Mine was almost 600 miles off but I live on an island in the Pacific.

I agree with every word you wrote. I'm new here and it kind of makes me reluctant to post anything since some people seem to get aggravated by differing opinions. I enjoy reading all types of differing views from everyone.

I hope you stick around and share your thoughts and insights on this and other cases. I look at some of the negative and ill- mannered posts and sometimes they really get to me. How in the world do they justify attacking others for having an opinion different than their own? I'm fairly new , too, and it's finally getting easier to learn those people by their member name & profile pic, so that I can start scrolling before I even read their words.

O/T Hello to the Bluegrass Commonwealth ! It's almost Derby time. I was born & raised in Western Ky.

Hello all!!

Any updates??? As you all can imagine, we are counting down to the end of tax season and as much as I've tried I haven't been able to keep up on this thread. It moves so quickly!!!

Anyone have cliff notes?

TIA

Actually, Libby did indeed have a KIK account and her user name was public on her Twitter account. I also don't think LE has come out and said that KIK wasn't involved. I discussed this on a much much earlier thread and IMO is still a possible link for this case.
This makes with everything I've learned tonight ( thanks to all you helpful fellow sleuthers) more scary, as if that could even be possible. I don't know that much is out of the question at this point. But IMO only, I thought at first social media had some involvement, be it friends list or more. I just didn't realize how much, such as detailed location, you could get off a person. I knew but didn't know know if that makes sense.

It may just be me, but has anyone else wondered if possibly the still pic taken from the video of BG is less about the facial features and more about the articles of clothing worn? I've seen several posters question why the pic couldn't be cleaned up a bit more to offer a better chance at identification from the public. I wonder if the opposite may be true? Was the pic purposely "blurred" leaving more emphasis just on the clothing?

I appreciate your post.

I think finding the phone is very important. If the phone was not located on or with Libby, at the CS, trail area or in the creek, then where is it? If the police do not have it and it wasn't found during evidence collection , then it just may be with the murderer. Whether on his person, in his truck, in his house, in his trash, etc. Then, it would be found with a PC SW and the murderer is closer to the death penalty.

This is just my opinion. I have no idea where the phone is.

This is all my opinion, but I wonder if BG knew about the mobile--maybe not at first--and used it to intimidate the girls. Perhaps he used it to taunt LE, and if he staged the girls' bodies 😞 he may have used it as part of that staging. Maybe the twist is that BG took over the phone during the crime.

I have to think that BG would not leave a mobile behind by accident. I think with as much as Libby was likely using it ahead of the initial contact with BG, he may have used that phone in some strategic, possibly vengeful way. 😢

The above is just my opinion.

I've been a lurker for a while and here is my second try at first post. I've read many bits and pieces that make sense, my main issue is with the photo.

- The girls were having a great time and taking their time as they walked the trail. They are taking videos and pictures.

- BG had been scouting this are with the intent to kill. He is a predator.

- The girls notice him from a afar, but dont feel any need to be afraid. Unless i'm mistaken, most people in the area are friendly.

- The girls were taking a video as he approached. I believe that the Libby was video taping Abby and BG came out in the background. I bet the original video has Abby in front - that's the reason the image is very fuzzy and poor quality. The camera was focused in on Abby. I believe there was no intention to tape him at this stage.

- As BG approached, Libby had put her cell on her pocket. He approached, taking out a large gun or knife and ordered them down the hill.

- As anyone in this situation, they quietly comply.

- BG takes them to his dark colored suv or minivan and drives off with them. The vehicle is likely prep'ed to keep the girls locked and not seen from the outside.

- He likely asked the girls to hand over their phones, which he probably placed on another truck/trailer - he likely did this at a gas station or truck stop. This is probably the reason the phone was pinging everywhere. Although this shows he was ready to deal with the phone, he missed the cloud part. To his luck, the only photo of him is very poor quality.

- BG drives them to a structure nearby. Likely a shed or mobile structure within a close range (30 mins to 1 hour) of the abduction site.

- BG likely sexually assaults and murdered them there.

- He either lives very close or knows someone who does since he was aware of the situation. The person who gave him the inside scoop may not even know he is the killer - but he probably called a few times to check up on things and see how the search was going with the intent to go back and drop the bodies.

- He drove back in the wee hours of the morning and dropped the bodies.

It may not seem like it, but this monster is very meticulous. This person is likely highly educated and has a higher than average iq. Although i can see some semblance in RL, he is not the killer. I think RL is too sloppy.

I think LE knows full well who it is and is monitoring his steps. I think its a matter of time before they catch him.

This is fascinating. Thank you. I wonder what your view is as to whether the two BG images that LE shared were initially even more pixelated, but were subjected by LE to enhancement via Google Brain's twin neural networks or similar, fillingl in details with best guess estimates... (i.e. something like what is described at these links ---> https://arstechnica.com/information...ce-new-software-could-have-idd-boston-bomber/ , https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/02/google-brain-super-resolution-zoom-enhance/ ) Thanks!

Oh my Hilary, I have no idea!! :gasp: I use Paint and PicMonkey, you know what I am sayin'? But, I am so glad you provided those links as I want to check it out. This stuff is really fascinating to me so I will definitely read up. You know, I cannot say what they used but when you have every agency like the FBI they must have had the best equipment to enhance those photos. In fact, and I know I keep harping on this, but Sgt. Slocum said that they "created" those photos from stills from the video. That must take some know-how.

Then the video of BG must have been taken from the cloud?
I personally would treat that as rumors this person has a total of two posts and Not a Verified person, sorry.
It may be true but it's not facts at this time.

It may just be me, but has anyone else wondered if possibly the still pic taken from the video of BG is less about the facial features and more about the articles of clothing worn? I've seen several posters question why the pic couldn't be cleaned up a bit more to offer a better chance at identification from the public. I wonder if the opposite may be true? Was the pic purposely "blurred" leaving more emphasis just on the clothing?

The clothing looks way too generic, imo. Nearly everyone here has said it looks like a basic "uniform" of midwestern males.

Now I'm thinking how surprised BG was to see a picture off the phone he thought was gone!

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

I will take this one step further. I always thought it was possible that LE released those images and widely distributed them not so much to have people identify him, but more to show him what evidence they were holding, to get him rattled, so he will screw up, and/or confess. And that the reason they wish not to release any more of it is not to let BG know just how much they know or do not know. I really think they have been playing a cat and mouse game with BG all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro