IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seeing a local. someone familiar with the area. If I put myself in a SK's shoes I don't think a SK would randomly be on a trail in Delphi Indiana to feed there desires. I'm not ruling out a SK from the area and I'm not ruling out RL's involvement. People say that RL is just a drunk. How do we know for sure he hasn't done things more sinister and just hasn't been caught before

Yes! THIS! I too have been a lurker here for weeks. While I haven't had the time (or patience) to sift through the thousands of posts on this, this is my thinking as well. With the exception of they could have been approached earlier on before they crossed the bridge, and I'm not convinced LE has a clue who this guy is.

OT

I'm a Kentucky transplant. Left for the military. All of my family still live in the sc of the state. I may be gone but I still bleed blue!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hello there! Several Kentucky folks on here! Kentucky...land of fast women and beautiful horses. Lol.

wow, that top with the brown at the bottom.

attachment.php

... AND the right foot of the left man ..... turning inwards ..... :thinking:

Believe this was discussed much earlier in the threads and there was no indication from anyone (LE, etc) that it had been used by the girls.

Not true. LIBBYs IG or Twitter acct listed her user names for all her SM accts including one for kik. It waS set to public and anyone could see that info.

Mine is incorrect! Love these mountains.

Yes, all you will get with IP locator tools is an approximate location. I live in a city of roughly 150,000; good luck finding me by an IP address. Also, IP addresses can be released and a new IP address can be snagged with a few simple commands. There are many things users can do to try and "make themselves invisible", including installing browser extensions that supposedly change your country of origin.

However, even if you pull your hard drive and destroy it, you can still be traced. I believe Google can track us via our computer names, and that's just a start.

Just a few thoughts and opinions on this.

I know that my phone usually takes lovely pictures for me but this was a bit surprising that I was not able to get better shots. I was really trying to determine how close the girls had to be to get the photos (video) that they did get. I think that regardless of the quality to some degree I can find the distance that gets a similar clarity and size. As I said to someone else, I might also try my daughter's iPhone. That might make a difference, she says with hope in her voice.

I know I'm still catching up but yeeees! Try it with the iPhone. I'm sure you saw my other reply saying I'd be so interested in the results of multiple folks/ different phones doing your experiment but all the better if you can do that on your own to eliminate extra variables and all. But definitely find out which iPhone your daughter has because there's quite a difference in cameras between versions and even between say the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. I know earlier when discussing optical and digital zoom I went to google which phones had optical zoom and was surprised the only iPhone model to have one is the 7 Plus. (Although I also stated I have the 7 and my brother has the 7 Plus and he let me fiddle with his camera and the minimal amount of optical zoom didn't seem to make much practical difference. But it sure could for your purposes. Hmm... maybe I should call up my brother and see if he's down for an experiment? Haha)

But for real, I hope you will try your daughters phone and any other phone you might have access to if you have time. You are amazing, WebSight! Thank your daughter for us too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that LE is basically trying to link unique but incriminating evidence to someone. I can't see why else they've served 15 search warrants related to the case and interviewed 500+ people and still seemingly lack a tight case.

Imo the search warrants are seeking to specifically rule in or out potential POI's. I don't know what specifically LE is looking for but it must be rather specific and somewhat unique in-order to procure probable cause after probable cause from the Judge.

Who knows what it could be? Some unique type of rope, industry specific zip ties, specific paint, rare fibers, metal fabrication remnants etc. It's anyone's guess really. But I do feel that they're trying to essentially match a stranger to the evidence.

I hope I am wrong and that they've whittled down their list of people. This is only an opinion.

I know I'm still catching up but yeeees! Try it with the iPhone. I'm sure you saw my other reply saying I'd be so interested in the results of multiple folks/ different phones doing your experiment but all the better if you can do that on your own to eliminate extra variables and all. But definitely find out which iPhone your daughter has because there's quite a difference in cameras between versions and even between say the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. I know earlier when discussing optical and digital zoom I went to google which phones had optical zoom and was surprised the only iPhone model to have one is the 7 Plus. (Although I also stated I have the 7 and my brother has the 7 Plus and he let me fiddle with his camera and the minimal amount of optical zoom didn't seem to make much practical difference. But it sure could for your purposes. Hmm... maybe I should call up my brother and see if he's down for an experiment? Haha)

But for real, I hope you will try your daughters phone and any other phone you might have access to if you have time. You are amazing, WebSight! Thank your daughter for us too!

Now I'm wanting to see the difference with my cheapo Moto from the dg I'm curious about the phones cameras. Maybe tomorrow. ( Don't hold me to it I have a billion kids I'm lucky to be able to text)

It may just be me, but has anyone else wondered if possibly the still pic taken from the video of BG is less about the facial features and more about the articles of clothing worn? I've seen several posters question why the pic couldn't be cleaned up a bit more to offer a better chance at identification from the public. I wonder if the opposite may be true? Was the pic purposely "blurred" leaving more emphasis just on the clothing?

Mind if I ask what the purpose would be? Do you have any idea why they'd do that or are you just theorizing? I'm totally open to all options and love reading different takes but I guess I'm trying to better understand what you're getting at here. To me those clothes seem so mundane and common really for the rural Midwest that time of year so I'm not sure why LE would want us to focus only on the clothes. And why not focus on the face as well if they have the photo?

Curious what you're thinking with this.

Another good reason to lock your wi-fi because bad guys love to find unsecured wi-fi to surf CP or whatever criminal acts they're engaged in.

I've brought up the "steal an IP" scenario, before, here. All they have to do is get on a public WiFi, grab the IP address, and use it with a proxy/VPN/whatever, and be able to browse/surf the interwebz anonymously. Easy to do, get on a public WiFi and merely look at the address on a smart/iPhone or similar device, at the library, a restaurant, etc.

I've been waiting since the hunt for the killer began for people to start bringing this up. Remember what one of the LE guys the first week of the investigation, something to the effect of keep an eye on your kids' online activity. That has stuck with me.

MOO/possible scenario, perp is at the killing spot or thereabouts for a period of time, watching the bridge. He knows local kids have the day off from school. Perp has recon'd the area in the past, maybe even fished there, etc. Using a non-traceable Android TracFone (available at WalMart, Amazon, etc,), is able to surveil SM or at the very least websites devoted to the Monon High Bridge for people 'checking in', or who are 'there' or who are taking pics for SnapChat and whatnot. Maybe Libby checked in, or at the very least was tracked via the SnapChat shot she took of Abby. Who knows?

Perp waits, watches the bridge, maybe even has a set of binoculars. Waits until the girls are a fair enough distance across it. Starts walking towards the NW end of the bridge, along the creek.

Girls see him on the opposite creek edge. Perp gets on the bridge. Girls get nervous, Libby starts recording when BG gets over half way across the bridge. The rest is history.

I can't stress enough that there might be an online connection with this case. People have inadvertently posted things online and become victims of crimes in the past, even been murdered. This blows a huge hole in the whole "he's a drifter" theory.

JMO

Mind if I ask what the purpose would be? Do you have any idea why they'd do that or are you just theorizing? I'm totally open to all options and love reading different takes but I guess I'm trying to better understand what you're getting at here. To me those clothes seem so mundane and common really for the rural Midwest that time of year so I'm not sure why LE would want us to focus only on the clothes. And why not focus on the face as well if they have the photo? JMO moo

Curious what you're thinking with this.

I've often thought the same thing. The only reasonable conclusion I can make is that BG has a mask. It would 1. Spook the girls instantly. 2. Possibly have LE blur it to direct attention away because it's either creepy or it would take attention away from his clothing or gait. JMO MOO

Jmo moo

I'm seeing a local. someone familiar with the area. If I put myself in a SK's shoes I don't think a SK would randomly be on a trail in Delphi Indiana to feed there desires. I'm not ruling out a SK from the area and I'm not ruling out RL's involvement. People say that RL is just a drunk. How do we know for sure he hasn't done things more sinister and just hasn't been caught before

I've been looking at the Map of the CS areas.....unless the Killer is local/ in walking distance of the bridge.....the Killer needed some sort of vehicle.

- If the Killer is not within walking distance does the killer park at the south edge of the Cemetary on W300 N ?
Does the Killer Park along the W300 N......Does the Killer park at the entrance of the trail NW side?

looking at the cemetary ...it has a dirt Rd surrounding the perimeter....if the Killer used that Dirt Rd IMO Tire tracks would show up and LE could trace a type of tire or vehicle.

- If the Killer used a vehicle .....does that mean Killer has been to this area before?....Does the Killer drive to this area often hoping to find a victim?...or is it just a random attack/chance?.....

IMO the Killer did not use a vehicle to get to the W 300 N rd .....Killer lived close enough to get to the Bridge / CS/ and back home by walking/on foot

another question I have is....How did the Killer even see the Girls?......can you see the Bridge area from the W 300 N Rd?....from the cemetary?

From the videos I have watched.......it seems the trail area is very covered and Foliaged with trees on both sides of the trail....the more open areas seemed to be on the bridge? ( not sure if local posters who have visited the area could weigh in)

Killer could have spotted the Girls bieng dropped off or walking on the bridge......if this is the case...I really doubt the Killer just randomly decided to go to the trail that day to look for a victim.....IMO Killer lives within walking distance.

my opinions only

I've worked over 20 years as a programmer, and we always stressed STRONG PASSWORDS, at least 15 characters comprised of letters, numbers and special characters. Passwords like "password", "123456", your birthday, the names of your kids, are fodder for the bad guys.

Edited to add: strong passwords changed frequently.

Now I'm wanting to see the difference with my cheapo Moto from the dg I'm curious about the phones cameras. Maybe tomorrow. ( Don't hold me to it I have a billion kids I'm lucky to be able to text)

It's insane when you start thinking more about all the different phones out there and who knows which one Libby had. I have an iPhone now because I got so sick of the issues with my previous super cheapo phone. The brand on that was Kyocera. They make quite a few low end phones and I remember every time someone asked what kind of phone I had, no one had a clue what that brand even was. So ahh, who knows what Libby was using.

Worth saying there may not have even been a cloud either. I've noticed we've almost taken that idea for granted but while iPhone pretty infamously has iCloud and Google has some cloud capabilities (that you generally have to opt into though. I know I've seen a newer photo app from them. I'm a writer and use Google Drive and Google docs across my mobile devices and computers for just my writing). For sure my cheap android phone I used until the latest iPhone came out did not have any sort of cloud. Worth saying even with Apple unless you pay for more you only get 5GB of storage. The smallest iPhone is 16gb (and the newer ones I think start at 32?) I had a couple of other iPhones prior to my 7 and have an iPad and gosh my iCloud with its 5GB of space has been full for literally years. I don't think anything from my current phone is on there certainly not in the way of photos or video. And I joke with a friend of mine all the time about the annoying alerts that pop up whenever you go to access your photo album on iPhone warning that you're out of iCloud space.

I just don't think clouds are as ubiquitous as what we've been discussing. Maybe I'm wrong but given how many different types of phones there are I don't think we should count on cloud data existing even. So perhaps they do have the phone.

Once again, the more we talk things over the less we know!

This, or possibly spent many years in prison, and has been laying relatively low since being paroled.
Maybe so ! I am starting to think this guy is a multi-address guy like, he lived there once, moved came back so on and so forth. Knows someone in Indiana IMO. But who knows. And I can't wait either
( Still haven't looked up Kik lol)

I've often thought the same thing. The only reasonable conclusion I can make is that BG has a mask. It would 1. Spook the girls instantly. 2. Possibly have LE blur it to direct attention away because it's either creepy or it would take attention away from his clothing or gait. JMO MOO

Jmo moo

I'm with you. Been saying it for weeks, now. He's wearing a disguise, of sorts. MOO is he's a little younger than many would think, and the perp figured that even if there was video evidence, it would be difficult to identify him, which makes it even more frightening. Look at the images, his head is pointed downwards, and either he's wearing a wig, or he has one of the healthiest heads of hair I've ever seen, or a hat. We've all been guessing.

The perp figured he would have LE and the general public guessing, video evidence or not. Furthermore, he had to have seen Libby had a phone, perhaps well before she started recording him, specifically. So he had no fear of being revealed, which tells me there may have been more facial covering than the images reveal, 'cause we can't see details.

MOO this points to a SK and he's slick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member