IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By Libby. The OP wondered if it was a question mark filter for Snapchat that Libby applied. I'm asking can you apply filters to video or only a static image since LE took a frame from the video and released as a static image.
So instead of taking the time to call 911 as I feel I am in danger......I draw question marks on my snap chat?

Here are the two images slowly merging showing the incline on the POI/BG. Everything is lined up in the background:

attachment.php

All IMO

-Nin

If you have an opinion on the odd thing on the left thigh I'd love to hear it. I think that's what Han referred to as a camera, or looking like a camera. It does rather look like a video camera to me, but maybe it's just the sun hitting the fabric.

Here are the two images slowly merging showing the incline on the POI/BG. Everything is lined up in the background:

attachment.php

All IMO

-Nin

That's an excellent overlay because the bridge and background are now stationary. Nothing overly ominous to my eye, looks like someone in deep contemplation. Absolutely frustrating......

applied to a video vs a photo. How would you apply a question mark to a moving video? I wouldn't, if i was going to release a suspects still from a video for the express purpose of identification. Why would I draw on it? Thus covering a potential identifying marker.
the OP wondered if it was a question mark filter for snapchat that Libby applied. I was just making the point that she made a video, and the best to my knowledge a question mark filter could only be applied to a still image.

If you have an opinion on the odd thing on the left thigh I'd love to hear it. I think that's what Han referred to as a camera, or looking like a camera. It does rather look like a video camera to me, but maybe it's just the sun hitting the fabric.

Hmm, could be Bemused.

This is why I've never really thought SA occurred, or that they were taken away and brought back. It just doesn't seem to fit the time frame, and the taking away and bringing back seems too risky and illogical, even for a deranged sociopath. There might have been some staging to send a message, or to try to throw LE off, because that could have been done relatively quickly, but the other speculations, IMO, don't fit the known facts. I think(and I apologize if I am mistaken) that this is why bemused has stuck with their theory, and why I can see the logic in it, even if some other things don't fit for me to get solidly behind the same theory.)

I've also been skeptical that the girls were removed and then returned, because I think any perp(s) would suspect a LE presence and even overnight surveillance. As a result, I think if they were removed, it wasn't far (otherwise why take the risk of coming back), but to one of the many outbuildings in the area, which would suggest someone local or having local knowledge and access. Still risky to enter RL's property to make the drop, but the risk might be preferable to having the bodies found at a location tied in some way to the perp(s), and the risk might be reduced if the perp(s) were nearby the whole time, able to assess LE presence (visually and/or with a scanner?), and possibly able to do the drop on foot. IIRC, LE was interested in outbuildings both in RL's neighborhood and on BBR.

Final post about chat with my teen daughters (for today anyway)

RL is the man who owns the property where the girls were found. Let's say that you were walking the trails and ended up on his property. Let's say you did something to really upset him, be it trespassing or messing with his equipment or his animals. He shouts at you, he's really upset and chases you off.

Now you are on the bridge and you see someone coming. You realize that it is RL, who just yelled at you. Do you film him?

No.

I wouldn't, no.

When you see him coming, he looks or is acting really angry, are you scared?

No, I wouldn't be.

Why not, he's just been yelling at you and now he's followed you across the bridge. You wouldn't be afraid and start filming?

I would just figure he's coming to yell at us some more. I wouldn't film him.

He's an old man!

Yeah, I know I can outrun him anyway and I have enough time.

So, when you talked about the different reasons that you would film someone that creeps you out, you would then not film the property owner who's just yelled at you?

Nope.

He's angry, not creepy

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

It's very difficult to tell, I keep going from oh that's nothing to oh what's that. This image frustrates me to no end.

My opinion only....but from a past experience of my own....hands in pockets, looking down is really just a ploy to look nonchalant (to not show the evil one is thinking) until he can very quietly enter one's space and act out the thoughts he has been harboring. The girls may have passed him earlier and gotten a creep vibe.

Only my opinion of course!

That looks like a photo the person may have taken rather than one from a retailer so tineye wouldn't be much use on closer look. I don't have a Pinterest account to save the image anyway. Thanks

2c9e6126403d87d79637521e276d3d20.jpg

Hi Aropizt! I hope you mind me responding to your post. Interesting about your experiences. I was about 13 and some perv slowed down his car and started following me while I was walking home from school one day. I turned to the nearest house that looked like someone was home and rang the doorbell. They came to the door (thank God!) and I told them what happened and they let me in and we all watched as the car drove off. But no one thought to call my parents. I just stayed there for awhile until we thought the coast was clear and then I went on my way. It was a different time I guess.

From talking with my daughters, I think they viewed the filming as the last resort. They couldn't really know why or understand filming someone who scares you unless it was too late and that was all there was left to do. When talking about BG walking toward them from the north side of the bridge, they could only imagine why Libby had filmed because they knew that that was what she had done. When discussing BG coming on the bridge from the south, it made more sense to them that she would film, as the last line of defense.

Thank you so much for talking with your daughters about all of this. I'm still trying to catch up so I don't remember now if I replied before or after I saw your post but very interesting. Definitely didn't have smart phones when I was growing up either so until this case I don't think it ever would've crossed my mind even as a last resort.

I am wondering if you could pose the question to your girls, if you haven't already, would they respond differently if they knew BG or if BG was young (like late teens, earlier 20s)? I still don't think that explains the video recording but I guess I'm wondering if either of those two options would make them more likely to wait a second before running or trying to escape. Almost wonder if something caused Abby and Libby to pause for whatever reason which lessened their chance/ time to run. Though as someone else said, perhaps they didn't run because that side of the bridge was so desolate and they were unlikely to run into anyone to help them and the homes were pretty far away. But I don't know. Would knowing that change anything. I assume you already showed your daughters photos and whatnot of the terrain so maybe that already factored into what they said.

Anyway, huge thank you to you for posting all your discussions with your daughters. Definitely tell them thanks from all of us as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daae this jacket looks familiar to me as back in the late '7o's and early 80's...button down light weight windbreaker with a very thin cotton lining inside.

Like this?
I'm leaning toward a conceal and carry jacket that is vintage as well. That might make BG older. The tab in the center is to hold the jacket closed but allow the user full access to a gun. Your picture is shows a fabric and style consistent with the one BG appears to be wearing. Keep digging!

Final post about chat with my teen daughters (for today anyway)

RL is the man who owns the property where the girls were found. Let's say that you were walking the trails and ended up on his property. Let's say you did something to really upset him, be it trespassing or messing with his equipment or his animals. He shouts at you, he's really upset and chases you off.

Now you are on the bridge and you see someone coming. You realize that it is RL, who just yelled at you. Do you film him?

No.

I wouldn't, no.

When you see him coming, he looks or is acting really angry, are you scared?

No, I wouldn't be.

Why not, he's just been yelling at you and now he's followed you across the bridge. You wouldn't be afraid and start filming?

I would just figure he's coming to yell at us some more. I wouldn't film him.

He's an old man!

Yeah, I know I can outrun him anyway and I have enough time.

So, when you talked about the different reasons that you would film someone that creeps you out, you would then not film the property owner who's just yelled at you?

Nope.

He's angry, not creepy

I really feel she did not start recording him on purpose. I think the girls were messing around filming taking pics distracted until he came into view. I don't feel a teen girl is gonna film someone they think is creepy. Maybe call for a ride early and get out of the area.

I'm leaning toward a conceal and carry jacket that is vintage as well. That might make BG older. The tab in the center is to hold the jacket closed but allow the user full access to a gun. Your picture is shows a fabric and style consistent with the one BG appears to be wearing. Keep digging!
I have no doubt BG is fairly old. You can hear twenty years of smoking in the audio clip.

attachment.php

All IMO

-Nin
The white thing at his collar bone certainly looks stiff when you watch this. There are no folds in it that move. I used to think it was a scarf or sweatshirt cord. Now I'm leaning towards motorcycle goggles.

I really feel she did not start recording him on purpose. I think the girls were messing around filming taking pics distracted until he came into view. I don't feel a teen girl is gonna film someone they think is creepy. Maybe call for a ride early and get out of the area.

With the cropping LE has done with this photo, let's assume they have Abby cropped out. A strange man has control of your friend and is quickly headed towards you. You record and stuff away

bbm
It could be but I think he was hiding his face and looks down as he turns towards them in this gif I did ages ago.

attachment.php

I also see his right hand coming OUT of his pocket as he moves in with that second step. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IndianaMarch