IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I remember this, but was referring specifically to the Delphi trip on 2/14. Not sure where the dr. appt and/or probation officer visit came from(may have simply been rumor?), just remember those being given as details of the 2/14 trip into Delphi and no more being said to clarify one way or another. I believe his alibi issues may be with lying about whether or not he was the one behind the wheel on either or both of those days. Again...just speculative, as LE has never clarified.
Ashley or Ashleigh Banfield jumped on the alibis because her producer didn't fact-check. Banfield thought RL was lying about his alibis because she mistakenly made the assumption the Lafayette fish trip on 2/13 and the Delphi trip on 2/14 were the same day even though RL was talking about two separate days.

I thought it was a very shoddy excuse for journalism. TTBOMK, in media interviews regarding alibis RL remained consistent. We just don't know if LE can prove there are or are not holes in alibis but I believe LE has strongly hinted his alibis don't jive.

It looks more like the work of a beaver than that of a crime tech. to me.

While I agree with the notion that LE will not name someone as a suspect until they are ready to arrest and charge, I also feel like if they had any evidence linking RL to the crime, we might hear a "we're getting close", or "things are looking better". The fact that they look and sound solemn and weary in recent interviews gives the impression that they have no idea who perpetrated this crime. I hope I'm mistaken.

Thanks for linking that. I stand corrected.

Thread # 35 post # 404 poster MCUMINGS:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-35&p=13246712#post13246712

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Railing is 4" high.

All IMO

-Nin

Even if they are on parole.....but not a suspect so don't pigeonhole......but we still can slueth , that's the GOAL!......so lets not troll.......just scroll and ROLL!

Far behind AGAIN, but just wanted to say that this made me LOL :hilarious:

Very good advice. (and very good rhyming skills!)

TBH, it's going to be like this every day until LE arrests someone. OP insinuates RL's a suspect, another says he's not a suspect (from LE), next one bumps Tricia's post....and on and on....

Same thing happened here years ago when many people annihilated poor Jessica Lunsford's father. They were 100% sure that he killed her. A pedophile neighbor was arrested for it.

Mark Lunsford will never be the same because of those horrific accusations. :(

Anywho...Great advice! Back to trying to catch up. I wish I could be here all day. Darn real life! :gaah:

And yet, he's the ONLY human being we're allowed to sleuth here. So his whereabouts are more relevant than anyone else "in the proximity" as far as we know right now.

It'd be near impossible for a retired person who lives alone in a rural area, who probably doesn't use the internet much, to have a provable cast iron alibi for every minute of the day.

I'd imagine the same can be said for a good percentage of people who live in Carroll County. Tracking people by CCTV on every corner is an urban thing.

But that LE continues to state RL is not a suspect says to me they are fully aware of internet rumours and speculation and so they don't want the general public to be placated into believing it's Case Closed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While I agree with the notion that LE will not name someone as a suspect until they are ready to arrest and charge, I also feel like if they had any evidence linking RL to the crime, we might hear a "we're getting close", or "things are looking better". The fact that they look and sound solemn and weary in recent interviews gives the impression that they have no idea who perpetrated this crime. I hope I'm mistaken.

I'd say Sheriff Leazenby has a good idea and he's not being completely candid, IMO.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/indiana-te...nsolved-months-leaving-fear/story?id=46751470

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby is confident there will be an arrest -- but he does not know when.

Of course not. I didn't suggest that they do or should. Just BG walking toward the girls could potentially help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I think there is a YUGE difference between a still pic and a video wrt identifying someone.

I have to have faith that they know what they're doing and why. It's hard to hang on to that sometimes but I always remember they have way more info than we do.

Far behind AGAIN, but just wanted to say that this made me LOL :hilarious:

Very good advice. (and very good rhyming skills!)

TBH, it's going to be like this every day until LE arrests someone. OP insinuates RL's a suspect, another says he's not a suspect (from LE), next one bumps Tricia's post....and on and on....

Same thing happened here years ago when many people annihilated poor Jessica Lunsford's father. They were 100% sure that he killed her. A pedophile neighbor was arrested for it.

Mark Lunsford will never be the same because of those horrific accusations. :(

Anywho...Great advice! Back to trying to catch up. I wish I could be here all day. Darn real life! :gaah:
Or could it be because his daughter was murdered. He can get over the accusations but he'll never get his daughter back.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

The great debate......"Not a suspect at this time"! There is a significant difference between being named a suspect and being looked at under LE's lens of suspicion. The hours of investigative work that will be put into play to either clear these suspicions or move them "higher" up to the level of suspect will be numerous to put it lightly. At no point during the process of suspicion is LE going to notify the media, or the public for that matter with their insight. One of the most interesting aspects to me about this case is the media coverage. The questions that are either not being asked or are being asked and not being answered by LE and the media not reporting on that fact. What's not being reported is very telling for me....IMO. Why hasn't a reporter asked LE, "On the day of the SW you stated that evidence found would either clear or move RL higher up as a suspect"....."Has RL been cleared completely or are you still waiting for the test results back from evidence found"? No reporter has asked this question? I think we all could come up with a few questions that have either not been asked or simply not answered. Hmmmmm.

Or could it be because his daughter was murdered. He can get over the accusations but he'll never get his daughter back.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Don't want to derail this thread but check out some of his interviews from back then, if they're still available. Of course he's devastated that his daughter was killed...but the accusations and rumors almost broke him. It was just nasty and evil.

And now that I'm finally caught up...real life calls again. If someone has any tips on how to stay here all day, please send them my way. :D

As far as RL not being a suspect at this time... No one is, except the guy on the bridge. Jmo

The great debate......"Not a suspect at this time"! There is a significant difference between being named a suspect and being looked at under LE's lens of suspicion. The hours of investigative work that will be put into play to either clear these suspicions or move them "higher" up to the level of suspect will be numerous to put it lightly. At no point during the process of suspicion is LE going to notify the media, or the public for that matter with their insight. One of the most interesting aspects to me about this case is the media coverage. The questions that are either not being asked or are being asked and not being answered by LE and the media not reporting on that fact. What's not being reported is very telling for me....IMO. Why hasn't a reporter asked LE, "On the day of the SW you stated that evidence found would either clear or move RL higher up as a suspect"....."Has RL been cleared completely or are you still waiting for the test results back from evidence found"? No reporter has asked this question? I think we all could come up with a few questions that have either not been asked or simply not answered. Hmmmmm.

I want to check some facts. Is it correct that the girls were dropped off at 1 p.m. and did not appear at the 5.30 p.m. collection point when they were supposed to and so the alarm was then raised? This would mean the girls had more than four hours to walk around on the bridge and trails before anyone missed them. Four hours seems a long while just on those trails. Were there plans to do anything else?
Also, what if they were put in a vehicle immediately, under the bridge and taken elsewhere ? Then brought back to the rear of the cementery some time later after the search on that first day? Hence the phone pings 'around town' and no witnesses having seen them in the four hours. I notice there are three cell towers on the case map so positioning of the phone location should be available to LE.
I also want to say that another poster mentioned that BG could not be a local as LE would clearly recognise him, as would others. A photo of a searcher on the bridge was recently linked but I was not able to zoom in to view it but several posters mentioned the likeness to BG. Could anyone enlarge/zoom that image and put it up again to view? Sorry for the long post.

I want to check some facts. Is it correct that the girls were dropped off at 1 p.m. and did not appear at the 5.30 p.m. collection point when they were supposed to and so the alarm was then raised? This would mean the girls had more than four hours to walk around on the bridge and trails before anyone missed them. Four hours seems a long while just on those trails. Were there plans to do anything else?
Also, what if they were put in a vehicle immediately, under the bridge and taken elsewhere ? Then brought back to the rear of the cementery some time later after the search on that first day? Hence the phone pings 'around town' and no witnesses having seen them in the four hours. I notice there are three cell towers on the case map so positioning of the phone location should be available to LE.
I also want to say that another poster mentioned that BG could not be a local as LE would clearly recognise him, as would others. A photo of a searcher on the bridge was recently linked but I was not able to zoom in to view it but several posters mentioned the likeness to BG. Could anyone enlarge/zoom that image and put it up again to view? Sorry for the long post.

Pick up was supposed to be between 3 and 3:30, IIRC. Family searched and when they couldn't be found notified LE at 5:30.

Regarding the phones, several posters have explained that they will bounce off different towers, without physically moving.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1702/16/ptab.01.html

RILEY: Right. One of the family members of one of the girls dropped them off at one of the tributaries, so to speak, of the trail, and then they

were supposed to be picked up between 3:00 and 3:30 that afternoon.

The family members couldn't find them and reported them missing at 5:30 pm

As far as RL not being a suspect at this time... No one is, except the guy on the bridge. Jmo

Considering RL's past offenses and interactions with LE over the years, not to mention he has lived on the same property for 53 years....and LE & FBI say they blew up the picture of BG and studied it, etc., why is it no one recognized BG to be RL right off the bat? Why wait so long for the SW? The girls were found on his property. Surely that qualifies for a limited SW the day of (?).

And no one in the community or his direct neighbors are saying hey, look at that BG he walks/dresses/sounds just like our old buddy RL. And I say this because wouldn't there have been LE action/search warrant at his house right away if they did recognize him?

If LE couldn't recognize BG as RL then I've lost faith that anyone will recognize him. But I don't believe they were unable to recognize him because IMO it isn't him.

Real, intelligent investigative journalism seems to be a rare occurrence in America these days. It's largely been replaced by tabloid-style opinionated windbags, political pundits, and "experts" who sometimes know zilch about their supposed area of expertise. It seems that the better IJ's have gone on to work for NPR, the BBC, RT, and the like. Maybe someone could contact one of them to dig into this case, if we don't have some answers within the next few weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliehollz