IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if the digital billboards have been discussed lately. But I have noticed they are not being shown in the Indianapolis area any longer. I have no seen them displayed in over a week.

Not sure if they were pulled for a reason or if they were only going to be displayed for a certain length of time.

WADR, does it make any sense to anyone that Libby would be some distance from BG, with an opportunity to run, but she chose to record him, if he'd already harmed Abby?

I believe the police made a statement to the effect that the DTH audio was before a criminal act on both girls. I think it's safe to say murder is about the biggest criminal act a human being can commit. IMO

It just hit me, what DTH means, I am brain dead or dense. :bricks:

You would think so.

People are welcome to whatever theories they deem logical, and they're welcome to ignore red flags and smoke, but those of us who smell the smoke, hear the smoke alarms, and see the red banners flapping in the wind are welcome to ours as well and as long as they fall within The Rules of WS.
LOL...I have the extinguisher in hand. :)

A couple of folks have definitely put some hard work in down there and I appreciate it and find some of it very interesting! We have no way of knowing if any of it will end up related and pertaining to this case.

I know I've been there and it is a lot of work, and they are to be commended for it, but IMO there's not much there, and I'm sure when people are told to go there they get their hopes up as I did, only to come back here with the same facts I had when I went down there. IMO

Not sure if the digital billboards have been discussed lately. But I have noticed they are not being shown in the Indianapolis area any longer. I have no seen them displayed in over a week.

Not sure if they were pulled for a reason or if they were only going to be displayed for a certain length of time.

Notably, I have not seen one and I have been in Ohio, PA, WV, VA, NC, SC, GA, and Fl, and all on major interstates.
:sleuth:

One thing I would like to add about the filming and I think it is important.

When I asked them about the filming it was because that is what Libby did. So, the question had to be "Why did she film." They came up with all those reasons why this guy would creep them out, and so, since she took the video those were possible reasons why.
But they could not figure out why she would film at all. To them moving away from him as he approached was paramount in their minds. If he was coming from the north side and was still on the bridge then there should have been time to run. He would not be able to go after them still stuck on the bridge.

As I replied to Reggie earlier, they could only think that someone must have come up behind them.

Switching gears, I'm now leaning towards an answer as to why BG was there that day, and wonder if they may have been in contact with one or both girls on SM prior to that day.

A LE guy mentioned something early on in the case about parents knowing what their kids are up to on SM/online, or something similar. It's been mentioned that Libby had a Kik account, which I didn't know much about until I stumbled upon this just earlier:

http://foreverymom.com/mom-gold/my-...&utm_medium=Susannah&utm_campaign=Kik+account

According to that article, there are no parental controls which can be applied to Kik, and like other apps it can be applied to smart devices besides phones.

Could she or they have been stalked online? Here is info about Kik from Wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kik_Messenger

A main attraction of Kik that differentiates it from other messaging apps is its anonymity. To register for the Kik service, a user must enter a first and last name, e-mail address, and birth date (which, as of February 2016, must show that the user is at least 13 years old[SUP][20][/SUP]), and select a username.[SUP][4][/SUP] The Kik registration process does not request or require the entry of a phone number (although the user has the option to enter one[SUP][20][/SUP]), unlike some other messaging services that require a user to provide a functioning mobile phone number.[SUP][3]

[/SUP]

The New York Times has reported that according to law enforcement, Kik's anonymity features go beyond those of most widely used apps.[SUP][8][/SUP] As of February 2016, Kik's guide for law enforcement said that the company cannot locate user accounts based on first and last name, e-mail address and/or birth date; the exact username is required to locate a particular account. The guide further said that the company does not have access to content or "historical user data" such as photographs, videos, and the text of conversations, and that photographs and videos are automatically deleted shortly after they are sent. A limited amount of data from a particular account (identified by exact username), including first and last name, birthdate, e-mail address, link to a current profile picture, device-related information, and user location information such as the most recently used IP address, can be preserved for a period of 90 days pending receipt of a valid order from law enforcement.[SUP][4][/SUP] Kik's anonymity has also been cited as a protective safety measure for good faith users, in that "users have screennames; the app doesn’t share phone numbers or email addresses."[SUP][21][/SUP]

A state law enforcement official interviewed by The New York Times in February 2016 identified Kik as "the problem app of the moment".[SUP][8][/SUP]

Good grief, what a nightmare for LE! I've alluded to the perp possibly using IP addresses from random public or online sources, along with a VPN or similar means to mask identity (location). All someone would have to do is use a smart TracFone, loaded up with minutes paid for with cash or with a cash card paid with cash, or other smart device, then set up a free e-mail account, then sign up for Kik. This may sound sophisticated to some, but really it is not.

As others wondered early on, were they there to meet somebody, somebody who turned out to be BG? I don't know how Kik works, but I wonder how many apps such as Kik/SC/etc. can be entwined, so images and messages appear on multiple platforms, simultaneously.

I thought (and I could totally be wrong, just curious about this) that the affidavit had the criminal act of murder as being done on the 13th. I didn't realize it stated it was the day of death. I saw a tribute done by a family member have a differing date so that seems odd. Anyone have any more info on that?

Yes, I posted just a few minutes ago that I saw on SM a photo of a tribute to each girl and the dates of death were as reported in their obituaries, 13th and 14th. It was a family members photo that showed this...that's why I wondered what was eventually decided on the dates. I am assuming the family members may just be going by the dates in the obituaries??? (or do they know something we don't?).

WADR, does it make any sense to anyone that Libby would be some distance from BG, with an opportunity to run but she chose to record him, if he'd already harmed Abby?

I believe the police made a statement to the effect that the DTH audio was before a criminal act on both girls. I think it's safe to say murder is about the biggest criminal act a human being can commit. IMO

I think LE said the IMAGES are from right before criminal activity occurred, that's why they are pretty sure BG has some involvement. They've never given a time frame of the audio though. I could be wrong. MOO

But wouldn’t that kick in your survival instinct to run? I’m a Psych major, so often it’s the “why,” and not always the “what,” that intrigues me.

My adult self, and my 13 yo self would react totally different in this situation...so when I run the scenarios through my mind, as to what WOULDN’T make my 13 yo self run, I draw blanks. So, like you, this is something that has often bothered me about this case, and something I have often thought about.

I’m sure Libby had her reasons, and I guess it could be something as simple as she was braver than I ever was at 13…maybe I’m over-thinking it. MOO

The red is what has always bothered me. The green is a theory many have expressed, and I guess I never really believed in.

I think I’ll take the “2 Perps” theory more seriously.

I think the narrow bridge lay behind them and the end of the bridge and what lay beyond offered little escape except running further into isolated terrain where they were pretty certain not to be seen by any possible help. i also believe that they may have seen or faced a gun as he got nearer but its all supposition...

More from my chat with my two teen girls:

Okay, back to the bridge. We talked about the guy coming from the north. What if he came up onto the bridge from the south, passed you and then turned around and came back toward you?

Really creepy

Too late to run, film just in case.

Abby doesn't have time to get back to Libby, he's got her, film.

If you are Libby and BG has Abby, do you run?

No. I would go along (and buy time) thinking that there will be an opportunity to both get away if we go at first.:(

ETA: Shortly after I joined this case I had talked to the girls about the idea of separating so that one could get help. Both girls burst into tears at the thought of leaving the other. They knew it made sense but just didn't see that they could do it.

ETA: Removed part of conversation irrelevant to what happened.

Isn't alcohol a vascular constrictor? A 77 yo male alcoholic commits sa on 2teenage girls? See where I am going with this?

IMO, many people think they would run from certain confrontations. In the moment, so many people just don't.

In general, I think girls are taught not to make a scene, not to be too dramatic, etc. In the moment, I think some people are simply trying not to make a scene, or "freak out" by running, and be embarrassed later. Does that make sense?

Example: I was grabbed on the city bus in SF last summer. The man had a hold on my sweatshirt and wouldn't let go. The bus was crowded, and I was trying to pull away without causing a scene. Isn't that crazy? Luckily, right as I was opening my mouth to start yelling, a very astute man broke his grip on me. I have been victimized in the past, and I still didn't immediately call attention to the situation.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members