IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm one of those that thinks it came from a trail cam or security camera. Now, I may be 100% incorrect about that, but it would not have to be mounted the way you describe.

You can see there are plenty of trees where a camera could be mounted at a normal height toward the southeast end of the bridge, which also happens to the closest to personal residences and the direction which the suspect appears to be heading in the picture. (Start from about 7:45 in and watch til the end of the bridge.)

[video=youtube;edK8DJVW890]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edK8DJVW890&t=7m45s[/video]
I kinda agree. I think maybe the girls set the trail cam off as he would be too far away. Not sure why there wouldn't be a closer pic of him though if he kept going that way. Also, I think whatever the object is that we can see the edge of, on the left side of the photo of him, is either something the girls had, or something the camera is mounted on/near. I zoomed in on it and it looks like there are "details". It looks mechanical to me. I can see indents and a pattern on it.
Not sure any of that matters though.
153ca4236e4593c1b1203c1f801b3217.jpg

Some new things today. First of all, the focus on looking at individuals hitchhiking. Since no leads have officially developed from the blurry man on the bridge images, that might make sense, but there may be other evidence as well. Another is the backpack lead. One of the girls must've had a backpack. I assume it is likely Libby, since Abbie doesn't seem to be wearing one on the Snapchat pick Libby posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

It could be from a game cam located in the woods at the very end of the bridge. Would be normal height there . Might also be why he appears to be turning, he's getting ready to head off the bridge and go in that direction once he gets off.

From all the videos of the bridge, I don't buy the images of the perp came from a trail camera.

When you're walking on that bridge, you're above the tree tops. There doesn't seem to be a tree tall enough to host a camera for an image such as that.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

When you're in the center of the bridge, that's true.

At either end though, I'm going to have to disagree.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 683
Those ear muffs, and something up on his left side( in the picture) between his ear and shoulder.

I do not believe that those are ear muffs. I think that is just the tan underside of his hoodie that you are seeing extending outside of his head on both sides.

Anyone else think he might have a mustache?

Something to think about... these sweet girls, best friends, wanted to spend their off day from school visiting a familiar hiking route and bridge. I assume they had done it before. Who may have wished either girl harm, or wished one of their family members harm?

Just noticed that the area where they were had many more people visiting it than I realized. It seems it was a popular area based on this. 4 other different people were near that bridge right around the time they disappeared. Thats a LOT of people considering I thought it was isolated and nobody hardly went there.

If the perp was a transient he may have not realized it was not as secluded as he thought it was.

"“I even walked all the way across the bridge and back. I only (saw) a guy when I first got there and another couple once I got on the bridge,” Cheyenne Mekisha Engles wrote. “I didn’t see the girls at all. I also didn’t take the trail that leads to the right. Only took the trail that lead to the bridge.”"

http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/liber...ssing-snapchat-facebook-photos-family-bridge/

Girls dropped off at 1 by themselves in a remote area. They did not look prepared for hiking, let alone who does such a thing?

Search called off at 6:30, with no Amber Alert. What parent could tolerate that?

Monon can be found, but it is off the beaten path.

My take: The girls were meeting someone, probably an Internet hookup
I wasn't alarmed that they didn't seem to have any gear for hiking with them. They were supposed to be out there for a relatively short period of time. The area is remote, but it seems that locals go there rather often. I believe I saw a post by a local that said it isn't a place they would have been nervous about allowing kids that age to go for a bit. To each his own in that regard, though.

The fact that they called the search early initially made me think that they had reason to believe they had met up with someone they knew, but behind their family's back and they would come home and get in trouble. That was my reaction and I also took the early statements by LE to imply that there was a SM aspect of it, but I was forming my own assumptions/opinions from vague statements.

Yes I agree.That is what I was thinking too.That at least one victim was sexually assaulted and possibly targeted.

So I apologize if this has been theorized but what do y'all think actually happened? Did he follow them across the bridge and put them in a situation they couldn't escape? Was it a crime of opportunity? Was it done during the day? Were there a lot of people there that day or is it relatively secluded?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to get an idea how this happened.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The last photo that was taken on snapchat..is that a person at the very far standing in middle?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

In my opinion only - I don't think he was a drifter. I think because they don't know what kind of vehicle he may have driven (or 4 wheeler perhaps) - perhaps because he knows the area, he "hid" his vehicle outside of the known parking lot(s). From the photos from the snap chat, he appears to be late 30s, early 40s. No way that he would be able to walk that far (hitchhike) - he looks out of shape. I believe he is a local person. I think he may have sexually assaulted in the past but was never caught. If he has a female partner - she may be suspicious of him but afraid of him.

Praying that he is caught soon. It was so sad to hear the property owner on Ashley Banfield talk about the girls murders in his backyard. His son and grandson go out in the woods there. You could tell he couldn't hardly speak without almost crying :(

I thought it looked like the girl in the snap chat photo had at least one hand in her pocket, too. It could just be the angle, though.
ETA: just when I think I've had an original thought

You and another poster are correct that she also had her hands in her pockets when walking the bridge.

I suppose it could have been very chilly and maybe that is why they both did that. Just surprised didnt have hands out for balance.

Another poster thought it looked like a Glock. Would that be the same thing? Sorry for sounding ignorant but I don't know much about handguns...

There are many 9mm Glocks. There is no way one can tell that it's a gun, much less a 9mm, and then which 9mm.

Has this story aired yet? I'm watching now but morning sure if it's come by yet (segment)?

Yes, at the beginning of the show. The transcript should be available later tonight.

I do not believe that those are ear muffs. I think that is just the tan underside of his hoodie that you are seeing extending outside of his head on both sides.

Anyone else think he might have a mustache?

I also believe he is just wearing a brown hoodie under the jacket and we are just seeing the hood on his head, nothing more.

Yes, I have also thought he has a mustache from the first time I saw the photos.

I'm with you. The logistics of this is what is so intriguing to me. The crime itself doesn't take a lot of time, but traveling in and out of the area that they were found isn't something that can be done in a flash. I would imagine that the drainage ditches are holding water this time of year. There is at least one substantial ditch between the bridge and the spot where they were found. The picture of the suspect on the bridge doesn't show a guy who is muddy or wet. He is also walking to the southeast(opposite side from the crime scene) in that picture, just like the one of Abby. So either that was prior to the crime or he managed to avoid getting wet or muddy.

Also, that bridge can't be walked too quickly. It is in bad condition and I've seen where it is some 850' across. Crossing it at least twice would take time. If he only crossed the bridge once, he either crossed the creek leaving without using the bridge or he left the area using a totally different route than he used to enter.

The topography, the creek, the bridge, the limited access by vehicle, the combination of it being somewhat secluded and at the same time an area that is visited by locals, limited time-frame, etc... It doesn't seem to allow for much middle ground. Either was thoroughly planned by someone who knew the area and the times that he would have to work with OR it was an incredibly unlucky encounter with an opportunistic killer.

My reasoning behind it being one extreme or the other is that if it were planned, it was done so in a manner that allowed for the perp to do this without his vehicle ever being spotted and he was able to control 2 girls over potentially a considerable distance in rough terrain.

On the flip side, if it is totally random and he's just a drifter on foot, he can enter and leave in whatever direction and did not have to backtrack or go to specific point to retrieve a vehicle, bike, or motorcycle.

It seems there are two major scenarios that lead in opposite directions. Of course, there is a ton of info we aren't privy to.

LE pretty much stated today that they believe he may have disguised his appearance, maybe he left evidence to that effect at the murder scene, perhaps they recovered it from the creek. So on top of the grainy picture with the very generic midwest male outfit we now have the possibility of a disguise. One thing though, relevant to your post is a disguise ( don't know why I can't stop thinking of a funny nose and glasses) would certainly point to premeditation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove