IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #50

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awhile back, someone posted a video clip of an interview with RL on here. He was expressing his shock that such a heinous crime occurred on his property.....in his home. There was some debate as to whether he just misspoke or that was a telling slip of the tongue. Does anyone remember or have that video clip? If so, could you please repost it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think articulation is RL's strongest suit.

Awhile back, someone posted a video clip of an interview with RL on here. He was expressing his shock that such a heinous crime occurred on his property.....in his home. There was some debate as to whether he just misspoke or that was a telling slip of the tongue. Does anyone remember or have that video clip? If so, could you please repost it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember it. His exact words were "your home is your sanctuary" so try that. He did use "in my backyard" as well.

I couldn't see a bandage :)

But it was interesting to see him walk and he wasn't that steady on his legs and I can't imagine it being any easier at his age to walk the bridge.

He's not steady at all his mid section is large
He waddles.
He would have fallen.
Jmo

I was also wondering....who did not want them returning to school? I read that it was last day of their school break ( iirc) Did they know someone's secret?

I don't think it had anything to do with school

RSBM

Some of the items I have no knowledge or comments to make but can address the following with my opinions:

1 This hasn't been firmly established. We do not know time of death or even whether they were kidnapped by vehicle from under the bridge immediately and brought back later.

2. These three witnesses should be looked at extremely closely as being the closest in time to the 02.07 and 0230 events AFAWK

3. I have already mentioned the possibility of a boat. But nobody has thought that an option. I don't know why. After all, they brought a dive boat ( don't think it was needed in the end) to the crime scene so the creek must be thought to be navigable.

5. Was the crime scene clean? Could this mean the girls were taken elsewhere, then returned ? Otherwise, I do not know why they weren't found sooner. Number 1 is also relevant here and LE will know the answer to this.

Your points are very well thought out. Sorry I have no valid input on the rest and I think you have the scanner response already.

AJMO

Thanks. And actually I am totally leaning that way for #1 too(abduction at end of bridge via car, and brought back later -- via boat maybe from bridge upstream, drag boat out to cemetary and walk back to car at bridge, then pick up boat at cemetary), but that's just the most recent working theory. Honestly, there have been a lot of good ones floated here. The time window just has me leaning away from quick and dirty, but I'm more open to it now than I was before (especially after hearing how loud the stream was at the beginning part of the bridge on the vid post on like page 8 I think of this thread). It just depends on how loud it is at the other end of the bridge as well. I lean that way mostly because of timing and people in area, but wanted to see what others thought the main indicators were for them in their theories or what stood out for them in a recap.
From that vid on 8 it looks like where the girls were found is pretty close to where the bridge is and that it probably can be seen from there like it was in another picture or vid here at WS.

Really agree w comment on #2 as well, though I have to revise and say 4 people. She saw one other guy, a couple and herself make 4. 4 people in the area around the same time as when the girls were taken (between 2:30 per FBI boards (2:30 when the vid was taken of BG) and 3-3:30 when folks arrived) and within thathour4 people in the area. Four people. :gaah:
This was brazen. I just can't get over it. I think that's what is just so extraordinary about it. They were a hair's breadth from being saved I think. It's really, really sad.

He's not steady at all his mid section is large
He waddles.
He would have fallen.
Jmo
To be blunt, he's a decrepit old drunk, I doubt him barely capable of tying his own shoes let alone killing two teens. Nevermind the fact that he's lived in town for years and none of his neighbors recognize his image or voice.

Random thought: what if they all had actually walked past the crime scene area and were trying to run back to the bridge when killer caught up to them? Could there be evidence in a farther location?

Looking at the original photo untouched.
That man is much younger.
Much slimmer
More steady on his feet
Than RL.
Jmo

If RL is charged with a crime that requires the prosecution to prove RL is BG, there is no way in the world he would be convicted. In my not so humble opinion.

Could RL be involved? Yes (I don't believe he is but it is possible). But there is no way I could be convinced RL is BG and I don't think 12 jurors could be either.

moo and all that

To be blunt, he's a decrepit old drunk, I doubt him barely capable of tying his own shoes let alone killing two teens. Nevermind the fact that he's lived in town for years and none of his neighbors recognize his image or voice.

OK, SirWB..please go to YouTube and watch him doing a pretty good job of going up and down the incline of the hill taking reporters to the crime scene. I'd really like you to watch and tell me what your opinion is and that of everyone else reading as well. TIA

again, it's important to understand "pristine" it doesnt mean "clean" it means undisturbed, The same condition as it was at the time of the crime. No one had tracked through or disturbed the original crime scene.

I'm referring more to what RL mentioned in clean, that there wasn't much there except undisturbed leaves within the area where the tape was ,but someone said that it could have been made to look that way before LE enforcement left. I didn't realize that is something LE does... returns a crime scene to a "normal" appearance?

That just happens to dress and walk similar to the BG. I hear the FD sirens, IMO.

Do we know the area where they were found had been searched while they were missing?

It sounds like from one article that RL was asked asked on the 13th (after returning from Lafayette that night?) if his property could be searched. If that's then they probably did search his property down near the bridge that night, but I'm not sure if he didn't return from Lafayette till the next day or if LE called him and he gave the go ahead for the 13th. That part hasn't been cleared up for me in everything I've read, but maybe it was discussed in the earlier threads?

I'd like to know the timeline of the 1st search by family members till they finally decided to call in LE at 5:30. Who was all searching and where?

It sounds like from one article that RL was asked asked on the 13th (after returning from Lafayette that night?) if his property could be searched. If that's then they probably did search his property down near the bridge that night, but I'm not sure if he didn't return from Lafayette till the next day or if LE called him and he gave the go ahead for the 13th. That part hasn't been cleared up for me in everything I've read, but maybe it was discussed in the earlier threads?

IIRC, he was asked by neighbors (or a neighbor) on the 13th at about 6:30 pm, after returning home. I haven't seen anything to say they did or did not search.

As for the 14th I don't remember any info being shared on that. Just that he left and when he returned the girls had been found.

moo

he seems to had zero problem while navigating his property with the media. he appears to be in quite good shape, and very capable of tying his own shoes. I think you are underestimating the man abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734