IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean? What were you looking for and cross referencing ... meaning, maybe I can help?
I originally started looking for anyone who might have been in both areas at the time of the crimes, which is how I came up with JW and a few others. I wasn't really sure how to find who all had moved during the 5 years since L&L died, so I started just checking RSOs who had addresses in both areas. I didn't find much there (and none that really fit BGs description), so I started checking real estate sites looking for homes sold in Evansdale/Waterloo about the same time as one was bought in the Delphi area (Including Lafayette and Indianapolis) by someone with the same or similar name. That's where I gave up. There are so many different real estate companies, plus homes sold by owners that it was just too much. I do still look a bit off and on, but not enough to find anyone likely.

This is MSM saying LE publicly "cleared" the person at the bicycle road search

Delphi police publicly cleared the man from the search warrant on Bicycle Bridge Road, but threats were posted on social media, prompting authorities to again tell people not to harass the man because he was not involved in the killings.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/crime/2017/02/24/high-publicity-investigation-means-keeping-low-profile/98214716/

But do you have a link to LE saying he had been cleared, rather than MSM interpretting what LE said that way? TIA

:moo:

I am exploring potential links of someone who WAS a local near Evansdale/Bremer County Iowa and IS NOW a local near Delphi, IN - or someone who travels between the Iowa and Indiana Hog Plants:

There is a business that raises hogs to sell to the Indian Packers Corp. in Delphi. It is located 4 miles from the Crime Scene. It opened in 2015 and their home base is in Laporte, Iowa. Laporte, Iowa is only 20 minutes away from where the Evansdale Murders of Lyric and Lizzie happened.

Could there be someone that is connected to this plant in some way - who would have cause to be in both the Evansdale, Iowa area and the Delphi, Indiana area in relation to their work? Could be anyone from a salesman, driver, manager, livestock caretakers, administrative, owner.

Here is a link to the company that has a location near Evansdale, IA and is now located in Delphi, IN.

Wiechman Pig Co. builds $1.3M facility near Delphi

http://www.jconline.com/story/money...ing-13-million-facility-near-delphi/74683840/

Thanks for sharing this I was first drawn to this case for the similarities to Lizzie and Lyric. Hoping for justice for them both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good sleuthing! That's the sort of connection I was curious about - a reason to be in Iowa five years ago, and a reason to be in Delphi now. If I were a local investigator, I would be looking for a list of employees who transferred from Iowa five years ago, or who have reason to commute between the two locations. This could very easily be a white collar employee.

Im glad you saw this post, Otto, i know you also have an inkling about Iowa too. PM me if you wanna cooaberate efforts or anything. In fact, i wish there were a way to make a private branch off group for each of us covering different angles and so we could discuss findings amongst us and make sure no 2 people are doing the exact same thing and wasting time etc

Bringing this old post forward ... don't remember if this is the latest version

This has been unsolved long enough that I'd like to try something different, and I hope that everyone here will pitch in and add to the list.

I believe there is a possibility that the person who did this also murdered Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins in Evansdale Iowa on July 13, 2012. If we could make a list of facts that are common in both sets of murders, that might help us understand the man behind this. I'll start the list:

• two girls aged 8 and 10, and two other girls aged 13 and 14, abducted five years apart
  • both occurred on the 13th day of the month: Friday July 13, 2012 and Monday, Feb 13, 2017
  • girls were at local parks, but in an area where they were separated from other visitors
  • abductions occurred shortly after noon
  • girl's bodies were found 50 feet from a slow river / creek
  • at least one of each set of girls was an avid online communicator
  • at least one of each set lived part time with a grandparent
  • body locations are fishing/hunting/outdoorsman spots
  • body locations suggest that the suspect has a familiarity with the area surrounding the park
  • two set of girls have similar body types
  • State Rd 218 exists very close to both murders, perhaps less than a mile from 4 lane highways
  • both tiny rural towns.
  • Small, inexperienced (in major crimes) police force
  • Crimes both occurred in daylight hours (afternoon)
  • "Bridges" exist at both locations.
  • Weichman Pig dealing operations exist in both areas: company has location near Evansdale, IA and as of 2015 located in Delphi, IN
  • Adding dates of birthdays and years may add up to 32 depending on how you do it. The number has a lot of negativity to it from history.
  • Transco Railway products/services exist at both locations or very close (Logansport).
  • "Rails to Trails" is an active org in both locations.
  • Trails are located at both Monon High Bridge in Delphi and Meyers Lake in Evansdale (Evansdale Nature Trail/Cedar Valley Nature Trail)
  • Geocaches hidden at Monon High Bridge, Meyers Lake and Seven Bridges
  • The dates are also mirror images ... 7.13.12 and 2.13.17

I believe both are fairly close to meat packing places
With the Iowa case, everyone assumed that it was someone local, but the fact that their bodies were found 20 miles away at Seven Bridges Park suggests that someone knows the bigger fishing and hunting geography.

Below is the link to the interview where RL is short of breath after his walk downhill. I remember weeks ago that one of our members thought that strange square object under his shirt might be some type of monitoring device.

Also, it's stated in his court record:
[FONT=&amp]The defendant has physical illness.[/FONT]

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...e-bodies-of-two-missing-teen-girls-were-found

It's all MOO that for him to walk down to the nw end of the bridge, cross it, kill those 2 girls and take them back across the creek within an hour or so is a real stretch of the imagination.

RL = Innocent until proven guilty. (MOO)

I originally started looking for anyone who might have been in both areas at the time of the crimes, which is how I came up with JW and a few others. I wasn't really sure how to find who all had moved during the 5 years since L&L died, so I stared just checking RSOs who had addresses in both areas. I didn't find much there (and none that really fit BGs description), so I started checking real estate sites looking for homes sold in Evansdale/Waterloo about the same time as one was bought in the Delphi area (Including Lafayette and Indianapolis) by someone with the same or similar name. That's where I gave up. There are so many different real estate companies, plus homes sold by owners that it was just too much. I do still look a bit off and on, but not enough to find anyone likely.

Unless it's a very common name, try veromi.net. Also, zabasearch and advancedbackgroundchecks. I believe both are .com. If you have a PACER account it's often informative. Good luck.

This article is from a different case and today they finally arrested some one with that murder but there was an interesting quote in it from a FBI profiler regarding serial killers. A SK can not be ruled out in this case regarding Libby and Abby.

"Serial killers will travel. Its a part of their ability to stay off the radar of law enforcement"

http://www.masslive.com/news/worces.../fbi_profiler_on_vanessa_marcotte_killer.html

We all talked about all this in the beginning threads regarding the nationwide billboards highlighting the murders meaning perhaps LE was looking for the BG who lived out of the area

Bringing this old post forward ... don't remember if this is the latest version

This has been unsolved long enough that I'd like to try something different, and I hope that everyone here will pitch in and add to the list.

<Snipped for space>

Otto, have you found if there were other murders during this time frame where two girls were killed?

I originally started looking for anyone who might have been in both areas at the time of the crimes, which is how I came up with JW and a few others. I wasn't really sure how to find who all had moved during the 5 years since L&L died, so I stared just checking RSOs who had addresses in both areas. I didn't find much there (and none that really fit BGs description), so I started checking real estate sites looking for homes sold in Evansdale/Waterloo about the same time as one was bought in the Delphi area (Including Lafayette and Indianapolis) by someone with the same or similar name. That's where I gave up. There are so many different real estate companies, plus homes sold by owners that it was just too much. I do still look a bit off and on, but not enough to find anyone likely.

Thanks! I did a quick LinkedIn search cross-referenced with the name of the company and the two locations (Iowa, Delphi). Several employees in Delphi completed their studies in the Iowa area. The good news is that LinkedIn is used by several employees, and that can mean that the company expects people to use linkedin for business networking. I'm not going to delve in right now, but it's something to keep in mind for when a suspect name is released.

About that dang voice recording: my eyes opened up wide when I heard RL say
"Go down the"........ Sounded to be a lot like the recording but what sounds different is the way RL ends it when speaking to the reporter. He ends it in a question. Go down the hill? Cagey guy.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Can anyone bring forward that video that a poster added which showed a drive to the Iowa girls' crime scene?

I agree...I never thought he sounded calm. I thought there was a bit of creepy excitement that he was trying to contain. I didn't think it sounded so much authoritive as it did hurried.

Some folks have said BG sounds quite calm when saying "down the hill", but I've always thought he sounds quite hurried, like he knows time is of the essence (if that is in fact BG and not someone else saying it)
Thanks for the great vid that documents how short amount of time it takes to get to the bridge from the beginning... I was really of the mind he came from the other side of the bridge and did a turn around, and now I think it would be feasible either way. I thought the distance at the beginning of the trail was far greater.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Wishing everyone a Happy Easter. Family time beckons. See you on Monday.

Below is the link to the interview where RL is short of breath after his walk downhill. I remember weeks ago that one of our members thought that strange square object under his shirt might be some type of monitoring device.

Also, it's stated in his court record:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...e-bodies-of-two-missing-teen-girls-were-found

It's all MOO that for him to walk down to the nw end of the bridge, cross it, kill those 2 girls and take them back across the creek within an hour or so is a real stretch of the imagination.

RL = Innocent until proven guilty. (MOO)

WADR, how does anyone know about the killer's ability to breathe with or without difficulty no matter who the killer turns out to be?

Thoughts and opinions on the internet don't arrest, try or incarcerate anyone. IMO

Im glad you saw this post, Otto, i know you also have an inkling about Iowa too. PM me if you wanna cooaberate efforts or anything. In fact, i wish there were a way to make a private branch off group for each of us covering different angles and so we could discuss findings amongst us and make sure no 2 people are doing the exact same thing and wasting time etc

Unfortunately I don't have much time to do much research related to this case at this time ... that work thing getting in the way ... but things should slow down for me in a month or so. Let's keep it in mind for a few weeks from now.

I kind of expect that this will still be unsolved in a month, just like the Iowa case, and I think that may be in part because the suspect's appearance in the still image is completely different than his every day appearance. I think the suspect in this case is experienced at doing what he did to the children and that he has gotten away with this long enough to have considered all the factors in not getting caught. I never viewed him as a homeless person, and I think it's possible that he's a middle management person who is clawing his way up the corporate ladder.

<Snipped for space>

Otto, have you found if there were other murders during this time frame where two girls were killed?

Not that I'm aware of, although I have kept my eye on Iowa for similar abductions of a single girl ... and nothing.
Klunder was the only similar case, and he has been ruled out in the Iowa abductions/murders.

Here's a bulleted list that I've been compiling:

- He had the opportunity (proximity) and the means (adult male authority figure who could brandish lethal weapons)
- RL’s whereabouts from noon to 630 pm on 2/13 and on 2/14 until the bodies were found are as yet unknown to the public
- Superficial resemblance of both voice and appearance between RL and BG
o Commonality in clothing worn by BG and RL, especially before the BG photo was released—RL changed apparel after that
- Girls were found on his property (possibly RL thought that would throw LE off his trail?)
- RL stated he “knew the families”
o Despite “knowing the families” and being quoted multiple times about the incident, RL has yet to express sadness, grief or mourning for the girls and their families, instead consistently focusing on how the murders have affected him personally
o These are signs of sociopathic or psychopathic behavior
- While his life has been negatively impacted by LE uncovering the PV’s in the wake of the murders, RL’s incarceration (for mistakes of his own making) is incomparable to the sudden and permanent loss of two vibrant and beautiful young girls
- LE has stated that some were not truthful with their alibis.
o RL’s PV’s were discovered by LE in the wake of the murders and included PV’s that he may have lied about
- LE has stated the March 17 SW involving RL’s premises was to “eliminate him or make him a higher suspect”
- LE stated RL is still “involved with the investigation” following his PV sentencing on April 9
- LE has not cleared RL publicly, only saying he’s “not a suspect at this time” which is LE speak for “we’re not ready to say anything definitive”
- RL’s PV resulted in prison time of 3.5 years, near the maximum possible which conveniently takes him off the streets
Great list! Thanks.

Not that I am aware of. I read some stats early on that suggested it was somewhat unusual to abduct or kill 2 teens at once. Folks seemed to be using that information as another similarity between the Delphi and Iowa cases(stating that it was at least somewhat uncommon). One problem(for us) is that there are so few things actually known as fact about this case. For one thing, SA is very common when teen girls are killed, yet we don't know whether or not that happened in this case.
A couple of threads back I asked if there was a public database of sorts to compare cases with similarities,I don't think anyone responded.Every time I try to find cases using keywords with Delphi on Google,it always comes back to Liberty and Abby.Other than the Iowa case,is this one similar to any others,particularly in the state of Indiana?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexisboyd