IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly familiar with the area but not associated.

But what might be a reason for a planned murder? Simply being familiar with a location is not a motive. In certain settings, we'd all be suspect as we're likely all familiar with certain areas that we're no longer associated with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree.....hence my reply.

Not two accidental death's. .......this happened.....and the person responsible in my opinion didn't cross that bridge planning this to happen......it did...because something triggered in this individual to cause him to react. ........someone in the community of Delphi.....holds the clue....

BBM
Do you still believe that based on photo of the BG and (while assumed) what appears to be a handgun in his coat pocket, a bulging jacket and what some have stated as being overdressed for the weather that day?

Re Iowa... as I was reading this article it mentions six months after their abduction three separate Witnesses came forward with what they thought was not probably related to the case or they thought someone else had already mentioned seeing this vehicle ,and no one had reported it until then !! and there could be the whole key right there... even today , as many families gather for Easter dinners looking through old photo family albums . They might see an old white SUV in the background of a photo and say...hmm Uncle Bobby Joe used to drive one like that back when lived in the midwest... you just never know when a little tip could end up cracking a Cold Case

https://iowacoldcases.org/case-summaries/lyric-cook-and-elizabeth-collins/

Something that's always amazed me about people is how many don't know what's going on in their own communities never mind the national news. Many people do not read a newspaper or watch broadcast news ever. My manicurist never knows about current events because she just isn't interested in being informed. I've known her 20+ years and it's been that way the entire time, even with internet access on her iPhone.

As a father, I can't wrap my head around how anyone could hurt a child. I realize that A & L were not young children, and were teens, but I still don't get it, and although I'm no psychologist, I also don't see how whatever is broken in these folks that harm kids could ever be fixed.

BBM
Do you still believe that based on photo of the BG and (while assumed) what appears to be a handgun in his coat pocket, a bulging jacket and what some have stated as being overdressed for the weather that day?

I'm from Australia......I make a point of researching each place a crime that is presented on Websleuths is, where it happened, the country, the town.....

The person was not overdressed for Delphi......the persons attire is normal for people who live there considering the weather....handgun?? That's open for interpretation? ....could be...might not be?....

Police said the brown at the lower half of his jacket was overshirt....I think it's a like a fanny pack....I might be wrong...

Without the pictures......without the voice recordings...

Look at where this crime has taken place, the geography gives way more clues than the grainy image of the possible assailant....

As a father, I can't wrap my head around how anyone could hurt a child. I realize that A & L were not young children, and were teens, but I still don't get it, and although I'm no psychologist, I also don't see how whatever is broken in these folks that harm kids could ever be fixed.
I was thinking this same thing last night. I don't think any psychologist can help this man though. BG needs to put away for life and I do believe Indiana has the death penalty. I'm usually a pretty nice person, but I hope he suffers terribly.

If we take the theory they were murdered more or less within an hour, then that is such a small turnaround time.

I also think if this is the first time the person killed anyone then (JMHO) it's a revenge killing of some sorts. They set out that day for one or two of these specific girls.

Also, I've always thought they may have decided to walk back to Libby's home since they either encountered creepy BG or were finished taking pics. Also if Abby's mom received some sort of communication with her around 3:30, then maybe she told her mom they were headed towards Libby's.

I'm from Australia......I make a point of researching each place a crime that is presented on Websleuths is, where it happened, the country, the town.....

The person was not overdressed for Delphi......the persons attire is normal for people who live there considering the weather....handgun?? That's open for interpretation? ....could be...might not be?....

Police said the brown at the lower half of his jacket was overshirt....I think it's a like a fanny pack....I might be wrong...

Without the pictures......without the voice recordings...

Look at where this crime has taken place, the geography gives way more clues than the grainy image of the possible assailant....

And LG and AW were known to go there, this wasn't their first time hiking and taking pictures in the area. Also AW lived quite close to the trail, just down the road.

But what might be a reason for a planned murder? Simply being familiar with a location is not a motive. In certain settings, we'd all be suspect as we're likely all familiar with certain areas that we're no longer associated with.

The motive has not been announced just as the AR has not been released. Typically, people are murdered by someone they know. Drugs, Sex, money, jealousy are the usual motives. This killer is a deviant.

The only unlikely scenario that I can think of is if the attacker was unknown (or disguised) and for unknown reasons was tasked with abducting only one of the two, presuming the other would run off. Instead the girls defended themselves together.

If this were true, considering the fact that children and teens are almost always in a group or in a public place, that'd increase the odds that stalking took place and this location wasn't random.

And with real logic applied....why would someone or anyone plan or be tasked with abducting one of the girls.....and choose to do it whilst the other was with a friend?

There was a double homicide in Delphi in the early/mid 1990's. Because of who it was that was murdered and who was involved in that crime you should at least take a look into it. As far as I know though, those two things can't be discussed on the threads since WS is victim friendly.
i have tried to search it every which way on google and can not find anything on it.

And LG and AW were known to go there, this wasn't their first time hiking and taking pictures in the area. Also AW lived quite close to the trail, just down the road.

Yes, and remember the photo of Abby fishing that was determined to be taken in Monticello. She also was into enjoying the creeks and rivers the area has to offer. It is highly possible BG fished in that same area at one time or another.

I believe the study (2nd one) has been posted here before, but good refresher.

- Only 10.1% of the killers were over 40 years old.
- Average age of the killer is 27.8 years old.
- 69.8% of the killers were white. (I think we already know that here from BG's photo.)
- Only 17.1% lived alone even though 83% were single or divorced. (17.1% living alone is much lower than I would have expected.)
- Only 13.2% were divorced.
- 46% of the killers had previous crimes against children.
- 37.2% of the killers of female children 13-15 years old were strangers. (That's a lower number than I remembered.) 35.8% were either friend or family.

Most of these don't fit RL. (But then killers probably don't feel the need to read reports like this either.)

That would be my first suspicion, however, any avid hiker or hunter with internet access could get the basic lay of the land through topo maps, satellite imagery, etc.
Kinda sounds like someone who knows that area specifically doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member