IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a father, I can't wrap my head around how anyone could hurt a child. I realize that A & L were not young children, and were teens, but I still don't get it, and although I'm no psychologist, I also don't see how whatever is broken in these folks that harm kids could ever be fixed.

What is going to be in favor of the investigation into the murders of Abby and Libby is they were discovered less than 24 hours after being last seen alive. There is likely going to be much more evidence and they know the COD.

In the abduction and murders of the two children in Iowa* the evidence was degraded or destroyed by the elements and time. They probably do not know if it was the crime scene or the dump site, but I suspect the LEOs think dump site.

*I can't bring myself to call them by name or I'll get hooked on their case like a moth to the flame.

If RL went to the "dump" earlier that day (verified) and then to Lafayette (not verified to us but seems likely, imo) then I really doubt he went bridge-walking in between. He just does not fit, imo.

I believe the study (2nd one) has been posted here before, but good refresher.

- Only 10.1% of the killers were over 40 years old.
- Average age of the killer is 27.8 years old.
- 69.8% of the killers were white. (I think we already know that here from BG's photo.)
- Only 17.1% lived alone even though 83% were single or divorced. (17.1% living alone is much lower than I would have expected.)
- Only 13.2% were divorced.
- 46% of the killers had previous crimes against children.
- 37.2% of the killers of female children 13-15 years old were strangers. (That's a lower number than I remembered.) 35.8% were either friend or family.

Most of these don't fit RL. (But then killers probably don't feel the need to read reports like this either.)

Thank you for these stats!!! We were mentioning some of these in last nights discussion but had no handy stats on hand. We were kind of on a roll last night busy talking about so many things that it slipped my mind later to check for statistics. there's always a lot of things I mean to check and follow up on later .I need to start keeping a large spiral notebook at my desk and write everything down that I need to look up later

I believe the study (2nd one) has been posted here before, but good refresher.

- Only 10.1% of the killers were over 40 years old.
- Average age of the killer is 27.8 years old.
- 69.8% of the killers were white. (I think we already know that here from BG's photo.)
- Only 17.1% lived alone even though 83% were single or divorced. (17.1% living alone is much lower than I would have expected.)
- Only 13.2% were divorced.
- 46% of the killers had previous crimes against children.
- 37.2% of the killers of female children 13-15 years old were strangers. (That's a lower number than I remembered.) 35.8% were either friend or family.

Most of these don't fit RL. (But then killers probably don't feel the need to read reports like this either.)

I wish I could find statistics of how many male police officers kill female motorists that do not involve an OIS. There are always rarities when humans kill other humans. IMO

I agree.....hence my reply.

Not two accidental death's. .......this happened.....and the person responsible in my opinion didn't cross that bridge planning this to happen......it did...because something triggered in this individual to cause him to react. ........someone in the community of Delphi.....holds the clue....
Do you mean something suddenly triggered that he could not control? A psychopath for example?

Weird, isn't it? I came across this earlier wrt RL as well: (not the best MSM but CNN is no better. Lol)

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-ne...pect-killing-abigail-williams-liberty-german/

Everyone knows by now that I don't think RL had anything to do with the murders but look at the way this was quoted.

Your Radar article is dated March 16. What's so odd about Sgt. Tony Slocum saying Logan had nothing to do with “the murders of Libby and Abby" is that the very next day LE served a probable cause search warrant at his residence.

Then the next Radar article regarding the search at RL's home confirm that "police told RadarOnline.com that the most recent search warrant WAS directly related to their deaths."

http://radaronline.com/photos/snapc...ens-abigial-williams-liberty-german-evidence/

We really really need LE to do another press conference. I want them to say if RL has been ruled out. Because until then he remains on my list.

:daisy: Happy Easter!!

Someone mentioned in another thread that at least one of the girls' SM accounts was publicly viewable. If, for instance one or the other's FB/Twitter/SC, etc was viewable by anyone, if this WAS a planned, targeted killing, it would have likely been easy for a predator to find out where the girls went most frequently, and it sounds like the bridge was a favorite spot, at least for Liberty.This may be why LE made the comments about being aware of what our kids are doing. They had likely already viewed the girls' SM accounts, and if indeed, they were set to be publicly viewed by anyone, that would raise a lot of concern, and make the suspect pool that much bigger. We all need to make sure our kids are practicing safe habits online.I know that the BSA, for one, has made basic internet safety one of the merit pins for Cubs, and I hope schools(and parents) are doing the same.
And LG and AW were known to go there, this wasn't their first time hiking and taking pictures in the area. Also AW lived quite close to the trail, just down the road.

And with real logic applied....why would someone or anyone plan or be tasked with abducting one of the girls.....and choose to do it whilst the other was with a friend?

One possible reason for targeting one but not both is vengeance or a grievance for some ill perceived wrong, held against a parent or grandparent. I know nothing about family dynamics, even if I did it's not an allowed topic so my thoughts are totally hypothetical. Sadly, children are sometimes used as pawns in adult affairs.

Another hypothetical one, a child who was abused might reach an age where they threaten to expose an abuser, therefore posing a serious threat to a violent pervert who wants his secrets to be silenced:-(

In my opinion, that two young teens are attacked by a total stranger at random in order to be quickly murdered is highly unusual. What would be the point? Although I don't have the statistics on hand, odds are the motive involves some type of personal connection, either directly or indirectly.

I'm sure this article has been linked before but it's still an interesting read, thoughts of a retired investigator and how the case might get solved.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/17/retired...ow-delphi-double-murder-case-might-be-solved/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your Radar article is dated March 16. What's so odd about Sgt. Tony Slocum saying Logan had nothing to do with “the murders of Libby and Abby" is that the very next day LE served a probable cause search warrant at his residence.

Then the next Radar article regarding the search at RL's home confirm that "police told RadarOnline.com that the most recent search warrant WAS directly related to their deaths."

http://radaronline.com/photos/snapc...ens-abigial-williams-liberty-german-evidence/

We really really need LE to do another press conference. I want them to say if RL has been ruled out. Because until then he remains on my list.

IMO, Radar is exaggerating for the obvious reason. I believe Slocum and/or Riley actually just said the SW was served because of tips and interviews they'd developed since the murders, and the SW was related to the murders by virtue of that. Not as sexy of a storyline, IMO.

I don't think we are likely to hear anything new until after 4/24 when SW results may be back. JMO.

There was a double homicide in Delphi in the early/mid 1990's. Because of who it was that was murdered and who was involved in that crime you should at least take a look into it. As far as I know though, those two things can't be discussed on the threads since WS is victim friendly.

Is there a thread for this double homicide from early/mid 1990s? Any information on internet?

There is an interesting article here about police liability and the practice of discussing probable cause publicly. I thought it related to RL and others and the ethics of naming them in the media. It also explains reasons police may choose to name some people. The excerpt is from pg. 796 at the link below.

"Publicly naming criminal accusees can be justified on several grounds. First among these is public safety. Because the state's primary responsibility is to protect its citizens, one could argue, the gov- ernment should inform the public when it suspects someone of criminal activity so that people may take measures to avoid possible harm-physical, financial, or other-from the suspect. A second reason is investigatory: naming a suspect or arrestee invites people with relevant information to come forward, thus providing additional witnesses or other evidence, which could be inculpatory or exculpatory of the named accusee. A third possible benefit from naming inures to the accusee: the state is presumably less likely or able to dishonor an accusee's procedural or substantive rights under the watchful eye of the public. Fourth, people should arguably be told of government suspicions regarding an arrestee or suspect so they can practice "informed living," the right to exercise an informed choice of those with whom they live, associate, etc. Fifth, the government should arguably have to name criminal arrestees and suspects so that the public can meaningfully participate in the operation of the criminal justice sys- tem and effectuate its right to self-governance-i.e., under common-law and constitutional doctrines of public access to government information and proceedings.
My central contention is that none of these reasons justifies the routine naming of criminal arrestees and suspects before a judicial finding of probable cause."

http://digitalcommons.law.umaryland.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3235&context=mlr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

do you have an opinion why they "cleared" the man from the bicycle road search almost immediately but they have not cleared RL to date? I am just curious...

Can anyone post a reference to where the Bicycle Bridge Rd guy was "cleared"? I have only seen statements that say "at this time" he is not a suspect - which is basically what they are saying about RL, too.

Yes, that face! And involved with a school system for 20 years! Morroco is about an hour away. Maybe he strangled his wife because she was suspicious of him? But it was back in March, surely something would have given by now? My opinion only!

Good find Kizzykat...maybe we can continue to follow his developments?

I was watching the TV show Dexter about a serial killer who kills other serial killers and there's an episode where Dexter discusses dumping bodies in pre-dug graves so they would be covered up with a casket the next day and it gave me an idea. This is just a theory and theres no evidence that this happened but what if, after murdering the girls he started to drag them to the cemetery nearby and stopped for whatever reason and covered them with leaves, perhaps to go look for a grave to dump them or maybe he saw someone from afar searching for them and abandoned the original plan. Again just a theory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm from Australia......I make a point of researching each place a crime that is presented on Websleuths is, where it happened, the country, the town.....

The person was not overdressed for Delphi......the persons attire is normal for people who live there considering the weather....handgun?? That's open for interpretation? ....could be...might not be?....

Police said the brown at the lower half of his jacket was overshirt....I think it's a like a fanny pack....I might be wrong...

Without the pictures......without the voice recordings...

Look at where this crime has taken place, the geography gives way more clues than the grainy image of the possible assailant....

It seems to me that the geography points to potential for accessing vulnerable and unsuspecting victims who can be isolated and trapped in a setting where no one is likely to see or hear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member