IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why hang out there?
I have not seen many photos with ppl hanging out.
Looks desolate.
What's the attraction?

Agree, i wonder if the tail was a hangout, not so much the bridge. For some the bridge and south would/could be a hangout because not many ppl venture there, i enjoy the trail i walk on when no one is there more so then when ppl are there. Jmo

Why hang out there?
Looks desolate.
What's the attraction?

It would be my type of place to spend a few hours, walking about, looking for wildlife (maybe deer, rabbits, birds, frogs, fish, etc), possible new spring plants starting to regrow, cool old railroad bridge, and considered a safe area until that day. Not a lot of people being loud and obnoxious to interfere in picture taking (photo bombers, you know). Lots of good reasons to find this an attractive place, IMO.

I’m not saying these cases are related, I just want to point out the tools used in Vanessa Marcotte’s case, and what led to the recent arrest of the suspect in her murder 8 months later.

• Vanessa Marcotte, 27, was murdered in Princeton, MA in August 2016 after she went out for a jog. They had the suspect’s DNA from her hands/fingernails, but there was no match in the database.
  • One of the tools they used in that case was Parabon Snapshot (forensic DNA analysis service) to get a profile of the suspect’s physical appearance. It appears they also had a witness description of possible suspect and vehicle.
  • Based on the information they collected, they released a profile of the suspect to the public in February, 2016, 6 months after Vanessa’s murder. It included info from DNA analysis, witness description, and mentioned that the suspect would have sustained scratches, etc.
  • An alert state trooper saw a man and a car that matched the suspect's description, and did a cheek DNA swab test that eventually led to the suspect’s arrest this past Friday, 8 months after the murder.

If they have suspect DNA from Abby and Libby’s murder, I’m sure the investigators have or will be doing similar analysis. But as in this example, it wasn't just one thing - it was a combination of information they collected, evidence and police work that led to the arrest. And it took some time.

===
Snapshot DNA Analysis:

Snapshot is a revolutionary new forensic DNA analysis service that accurately predicts the physical appearance and ancestry of an unknown person from DNA. It can also determine kinship between DNA samples out to six degrees of relatedness. Snapshot is ideal for generating investigative leads, narrowing suspect lists, and identifying unknown remains.

Starting with extracted DNA or biological evidence from your case, we will produce a detailed Snapshot report and composite profile that includes eye color, skin color, hair color, face morphology, and detailed biogeographic ancestry. Armed with this scientifically objective description, you can conduct your investigation more efficiently and close cases more quickly.

“We focus on externally visible traits. So we do eye color, hair color, skin color, freckling, the shaping of the face, then also the person’s geographic ancestry or ethnic ancestry. So where their ancestors are from. Using DNA gathered at a crime scene,” said Ellen McRae Greyak, the director of the Virginia lab, Parabon.

There are limits to the technology. So far it is not possible to predict height and weight. Still, the testing helps police eliminate suspects that don’t fit the DNA profile.

https://snapshot.parabon-nanolabs.com/
http://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/Police-Make-Arrest-in-Case-of-Vanessa-Marcotte-419529293.html
http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2017/02/vanessa_marcotte.html
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...murdered-Princeton-7-August-2016-7-**ARREST**

Why hang out there?
Looks desolate.
What's the attraction?

I've seen pics and video of people of people walking the trails and the bridge. Nature, a creek, the woods, cool old bridge, etc. If I lived there I'd probably walk those trails and if I was a teen, I would probably hang out there.

Why hang out there?
Looks desolate.
What's the attraction?

I think the attraction is nature. Trails that let you walk in peace in view of beautiful trees, a creek etc.

We have something a little bit similar in the small town where I live. Many pieces to the area are in disrepair and I often tell my husband I am surprised the township even allows people to access some parts bc of disrepair and liability. But we still spend hours on the trails. They are still walkable and full of fresh air and don't require a lot of upkeep. They still take you through the woods and along little creeks. Some parts are beautiful!

We see at least two other groups and several dog walkers every time we go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not saying these cases are related, I just want to point out the tools used in Vanessa Marcotte’s case, and what led to the recent arrest of the suspect in her murder 8 months later.

• Vanessa Marcotte, 27, was murdered in Princeton, MA in August 2016 after she went out for a jog. They had the suspect’s DNA from her hands/fingernails, but there was no match in the database.
  • One of the tools they used in that case was Parabon Snapshot (forensic DNA analysis service) to get a profile of the suspect’s physical appearance. It appears they also had a witness description of possible suspect and vehicle.
  • Based on the information they collected, they released a profile of the suspect to the public in February, 2016, 6 months after Vanessa’s murder. It included info from DNA analysis, witness description, and mentioned that the suspect would have sustained scratches, etc.
  • An alert state trooper saw a man and a car that matched the suspect's description, and did a cheek DNA swab test that eventually led to the suspect’s arrest this past Friday, 8 months after the murder.

If they have suspect DNA from Abby and Libby’s murder, I’m sure the investigators have or will be doing similar analysis. But as in this example, it wasn't just one thing - it was a combination of information they collected, evidence and police work that led to the arrest. And it took some time.

===
Snapshot DNA Analysis:

Snapshot is a revolutionary new forensic DNA analysis service that accurately predicts the physical appearance and ancestry of an unknown person from DNA. It can also determine kinship between DNA samples out to six degrees of relatedness. Snapshot is ideal for generating investigative leads, narrowing suspect lists, and identifying unknown remains.

Starting with extracted DNA or biological evidence from your case, we will produce a detailed Snapshot report and composite profile that includes eye color, skin color, hair color, face morphology, and detailed biogeographic ancestry. Armed with this scientifically objective description, you can conduct your investigation more efficiently and close cases more quickly.

“We focus on externally visible traits. So we do eye color, hair color, skin color, freckling, the shaping of the face, then also the person’s geographic ancestry or ethnic ancestry. So where their ancestors are from. Using DNA gathered at a crime scene,” said Ellen McRae Greyak, the director of the Virginia lab, Parabon.

There are limits to the technology. So far it is not possible to predict height and weight. Still, the testing helps police eliminate suspects that don’t fit the DNA profile.

https://snapshot.parabon-nanolabs.com/
http://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/Police-Make-Arrest-in-Case-of-Vanessa-Marcotte-419529293.html
http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2017/02/vanessa_marcotte.html
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...murdered-Princeton-7-August-2016-7-**ARREST**

This is very encouraging. Thanks for reminding us there are many good people pressing on to solve cases behind the scene. Hope!:)

It would be my type of place to spend a few hours, walking about, looking for wildlife (maybe deer, rabbits, birds, frogs, fish, etc), possible new spring plants starting to regrow, cool old railroad bridge, and considered a safe area until that day. Not a lot of people being loud and obnoxious to interfere in picture taking (photo bombers, you know). Lots of good reasons to find this an attractive place, IMO.

But we are not 13 and 14 yrs old.

Places are always safe till one thing happens. Then it's not safe anymore.

There are always trolls under the bridge.

Anyone that has taken picture on that trail and bridge should be going over all their older photos and see if this guy was out there before.

I wonder if DNA or other testing results are still pending; if they will be returned and released soon. We are nearing or in that 4-6 week window now, right?

They could have had DNA sooner than this.....
I don't think they have his DNA.
Jmo

What are you basing that on? Can you link please?

DNA testing in the state of Indiana takes between 4-6 weeks.

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2010/rpt/2010-R-0086.htm

I'm certain information on that link from 2010 is outdated.

A lot of technological advancements regarding DNA analysis has occurred in the past 7 years. Thinking about it, hardly anything is the same as it was 7 years ago.

I've seen pics and video of people of people walking the trails and the bridge. Nature, a creek, the woods, cool old bridge, etc. If I lived there I'd probably walk those trails and if I was a teen, I would probably hang out there.

If we also consider that the family who owns the property at the North end of the trail requested that the trail access be closed, I assume that the area was a hang out in terms of partying, not nature.

Just bringing this pic over from the last thread before assumptions take hold re RL's familiarity with walking that bridge (or anything else people infer from it that may have a negative impact on perceptions of him re this investigation).

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-50&p=13315665#post13315665

When I first starting following this case, I was trying to get a feel for what the area looked like. So, I went to Google Maps to get a feel for the lay of the land. Since there were pictures on the Google Maps website, I saw something in the background, so I decided to zoom in on the background.

I didn't realize it at the time as I had just started following the case, but it appears that RL is in the picture. IMHO, I think RL is too tall to be BG. If that is in fact RL, (looks like the same green jacket he wore in one of the videos) he is definitely too tall to be BG.

I have edited the picture to take out the name of the photographer (to protect their identity). I starting following the case in late February, so that is when I snipped a copy of the picture.

attachment.php

Adding to this, doesn't anyone know, what is in the tree in this picture?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mo...654078!6m1!1e1

I'm not sure which person is being identified as RL in that group, but I strongly suggest people familiarise themselves with the "Save The Monon High Bridge" campaign so that RL isn't mistaken for any, or all, of the local white haired retirees who frequent the bridge & trails as volunteers for the restoration group.

There are articles & news vids going back several years demonstrating that more than one volunteer STRONGLY resembles RL both physically & in their style of dress. At a distance it would be impossible to tell them apart

There are links re local news coverage of the group & volunteers below.

Again, anyone who was questioning RL's reported fear of heights or anything else potentially negative about him on the basis of that pic is VERY STRONGLY advised to look at these 2 links (at the least)

This is from local station WLFI - News 18

[video]https://youtu.be/dsgSqr87yp8[/video]

(sorry, can't embed the vid, no idea why but the "post" button isn't there on the vid link box & typing the [VIDEO/VIDEO] thing doesn't seem to work either)

This is from the Carroll County Comet

http://www.carrollcountycomet.com/n...(and)_Letters/Save_the_Monon_High_Bridge.html

(& just an FYI, like other local men unfortunate enough to dress like BG and have their images online & associated with Delphi, members of these groups were accused on soc med in the first week of the investigation - any man who posted vids or pix of the High Bridge was accused that first week)

I'm certain information on that link from 2010 is outdated.

A lot of technological advancements regarding DNA analysis has occurred in the past 7 years. Thinking about it, hardly anything is the same as it was 7 years ago.

Can you provide a link? I've seen several articles that suggest 4-6 weeks is an appropriate timeline.

Feb 24, 2017
DELPHI, Ind. — Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby clarified his on-air comments from a Thursday interview during a Fox59 report, noting he didn't intend to confirm or deny that investigators collected DNA evidence in the double homicide investigation of Abby Williams and Liberty German.

During the interview, Fox 59 anchors asked Leazenby about DNA, and the TV station's report said investigators acquired DNA evidence during the investigation of the case. However, Leazenby said he was speaking about physical evidence in general and not about DNA evidence in particular........

Leazenby said the department is expediting the analysis of all physical evidence, fairly common in a case such as this. While
Leazenby said he can't speak to specifically what evidence was acquired at the scene, every crime scene has physical evidence."
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...riff-clarifies-reports-dna-evidence/98351378/

Crime labs do all sorts of work from breakins to robberies, minor assaults, etc. That DNA from unsolved homicides are processed as a priority, or fast-tracked, would seem logical imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member