IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think RL may have inadvertently picked up a hitchhiker OR passed a suspicious person in the area as he was leaving or returning to his residence on Feb 13. He may almost welcome having to be incarcerated now rather than be killed for being a potential witness and perhaps he will get out early for secretly helping or trying to help LE behind the scenes! Other thoughts... Did either of the girls do any work for RL or for any of these neighbors? Did RL have anyone visiting or staying with him and now as a possible unwitting source of help to LE he is better off in custody while they close in on the perp? IDK Just my thoughts at this point ... but if the killer knows that RL knows something, RL would be wise to stay in custody and deal with his minor wrongdoings at least for the time being, right? Definitely SA involved. That's a no brainer, sadly, IMO.

LOL it was.
Now my question is??????
Is the neighbor that found the body the same neighbor that asked RL if they could search his property?

Even if the neighbour was one and the same, we don't know whether or not their volunteer efforts were directed by the organizers of the search. In this case iirc it was the fire department.

And if one was assigned to search a rural acreage area, it would seem prudent to ask the land owner for permission first.

The numbers are staggering. So rape victims have little hope that the perp will be brought to justice not because he cannot be found but because the DNA sample they gave was never tested.

Some jurisdictions have thousands of rape kit samples which have gone untested. Sad, but true.

This person is talking about thd Missy Bevers case ... Let's stay on topic here please?!? That post should be elsewhere, as we're here for Libby & Abby!!

Thank you!

There are other discussion threads for other topics, and for casual social visits.
This discussion is about 2 young girls murdered on a Monday afternoon in Delphi Indiana.
I scrolled through pages and pages of this discussion topic last night in search of a comment related to these murders.

I wish we knew how many SW have been served after March 17 at RL's, if any.

70 subpoenas and a "couple" (2?) of search warrants approved by prosecutor Ives. i find this article interesting because it says that a couple of the SW were not related to the girls murder, but when they were searching RL's they said they were search because of probable cause connected to the girls murders. This article was written a few days before the search at RL and we only know of two other searches.

From a command center on the town square in Delphi, authorities have served approximately 70 subpoenas and a couple search warrants approved by Ives in pursuit of the man who abducted and murdered the girls near the Monon High Bridge Trail east of town on February 13.
“If we’re looking for third party data, if we’re looking for information from a company, or a business, that the business acquires in the course of its business, that might relate to an investigation, we send a subpoena,” said Ives. “If you’re looking for evidence that relates directly to proof of a crime and it’s in a realm of privacy, in a person’s home, in a person’s phone, in a person’s computer, on their person, some other situations, then you have to get a search warrant for that type of information, and we’ve gotten some search warrants but often those search warrants didn’t directly relate to the investigation of the killing of the two girls.

http://fox59.com/2017/03/14/prosecu...r-received-crucial-tip-due-to-scope-of-probe/

The last photo of Abby was taken at 2:07. That last information about the suspect is at 2:30 (per billboards). That leaves 23 minutes for the suspect to get on the bridge, walk a fair distance per the still photo, and abduct the girls. Sometime during that 23 minutes he said "down the hill".

What "closed business across the road" are you referring to, and which road?

If the photo is time stamped at 2:07pm, does that mean it was for sure taken at 2:07pm or could it have been taken earlier but not uploaded to social media until 2:07pm?

There are child molesters and pedophiles and not all child molesters are pedophiles. Pedophiles are into kids before puberty. But some child molesters can rape women, babies, kids, dogs, whatever.

The last photo of Abby was taken at 2:07. That last information about the suspect is at 2:30 (per billboards). That leaves 23 minutes for the suspect to get on the bridge, walk a fair distance per the still photo, and abduct the girls. Sometime during that 23 minutes he said "down the hill".

What "closed business across the road" are you referring to, and which road?
Have they given a time that he said "down the hill"? Is there something that says it was at the same time he was on the bridge?

Some jurisdictions have thousands of rape kit samples which have gone untested. Sad, but true.

I'm sure that is true but when you have the governor of Indiana being briefed by his top cop Supt. Doug Carter, and the assistant SAC from the Bureau* talking about briefing Director James Comey, I don't see that happening in this case, IMO.

*Indianapolis FO

If the photo is time stamped at 2:07pm, does that mean it was for sure taken at 2:07pm or could it have been taken earlier but not uploaded to social media until 2:07pm?

Not necessarily from comments made by people familiar with snapchat. They indicated it could have been earlier, but I'd think not much earlier since they were dropped off between 1 and 1:45. moo

After March 10th were any SWs served on RL considering he was in jail? What of that of March 17th?

I don't know how that works. But hypothetically, what if LE wanted to search for something directly related to a person presently tending RLs property.

What I mean, are search warrants served to the occupant of a property, or the legal owner of a property?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There were about 12 at the time of RL's warrants.

Here the number is said to be about 15, on the day RL was sentenced according to the reporter Rich Van Wyk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4v7SOwDfyU&feature=youtu.be

Sorry, I misread your quote. I haven't seen any mention of any more SWs being served on RL other than the one we read about.

I found myself studying different images of BG last night. With things seemingly at a stand still I was drawn back to the most important piece of evidence in the case, the images. Thinking, he's right there to be identified. As I looked over the images, and adjusted the size and brightness, I started viewing it as one would an optical illusion picture. I studied the images of BG for hours, and I made a few realizations I felt compelled to share as I don't believe I've seen this information previously. The first thing I eventually came to realize is that he is not wearing a hat or hoodie of any kind. His head is uncovered. He has hair, a fairly decent amount, that appears to be brown of some shade. He isn't wearing glasses of any kind.

The image that seems to contort the view of his head/face that people have long viewed as a hat of some sort is a shadow. If that shadow wasn't there I believe we would have a very clear view of his face, clear enough to be able to identify him with comparison photos. I can make out his left eye fairly clearly, his right eye is in the shadow. His face doesn't have a beard, possibly a bit of stubble on the chin.

Another thing I noticed was his legs. They look very skinny to me. His legs/walk resonate that of a driver to me. Someone whose legs get very little use and have atrophied a bit.

I am positive, beyond a shadow of a doubt, he isn't wearing a hat or hoodie, or glasses. He has a head of hair. It's difficulty to identify what color his hair is for certain. I was convinced it was light brown at first, bordering on hint of blonde almost, but in other brightnesses it looks closer to a greyish brown.

It's not earth shattering but something important nonetheless. I've seen so much discussion and debate on the hat. Hopefully people will get a better look at him when they know more of what they're seeing and not seeing.

I found myself studying different images of BG last night. With things seemingly at a stand still I was drawn back to the most important piece of evidence in the case, the images. Thinking, he's right there to be identified. As I looked over the images, and adjusted the size and brightness, I started viewing it as one would an optical illusion picture. I studied the images of BG for hours, and I made a few realizations I felt compelled to share as I don't believe I've seen this information previously. The first thing I eventually came to realize is that he is not wearing a hat or hoodie of any kind. His head is uncovered. He has hair, a fairly decent amount, that appears to be brown of some shade. He isn't wearing glasses of any kind.

The image that seems to contort the view of his head/face that people have long viewed as a hat of some sort is a shadow. If that shadow wasn't there I believe we would have a very clear view of his face, clear enough to be able to identify him with comparison photos. I can make out his left eye fairly clearly, his right eye is in the shadow. His face doesn't have a beard, possibly a bit of stubble on the chin.

Another thing I noticed was his legs. They look very skinny to me. His legs/walk resonate that of a driver to me. Someone whose legs get very little use and have atrophied a bit.

I am positive, beyond a shadow of a doubt, he isn't wearing a hat or hoodie, or glasses. He has a head of hair. It's difficulty to identify what color his hair is for certain. I was convinced it was light brown at first, bordering on hint of blonde almost, but in other brightnesses it looks closer to a greyish brown.

It's not earth shattering but something important nonetheless. I've seen so much discussion and debate on the hat. Hopefully people will get a better look at him when they know more of what they're seeing and not seeing.

I thought that LE mentioned in one of their pressers (no link handy) that they stated, it seemed to them (LE) that he WAS wearing a brown hoodie?

Welcome to Websleuths!

I too have never seen a hat, a head full of hair. Jmo

Just generally speaking: Would it be a logical assumption that the girls (or at least one of them) were more likely than not, suspected of having been SA because of LE's comments to the media that they had already searched/and were investigating SO's in the area?

I also believe LE stated that "people" had been given lie detector exams and submitted DNA.

So, why would LE immediately target SO's in the area? It does seem like a logical assumption that there was some sort of sexual element to the deaths.

Which, if there was SA involved, then, the motive and theory of BG would become more clear? Would that not eliminate "rage theories", "vengeance theories", "girls walking into a drug deal theories", etc...?

My point is: I think we can surmise motive (or at least give more weight) to a sexual assault element because it seems LE assumed there was some sort of SA initially maybe based on how the girls were found and whom LE immediately targeted (SO's) after finding them. Right? Or am I crazy?

Bringing this forward from yesterday. Given that sexual offenders are certainly not all murderers, slanda makes a valid point as to why it's highly likely an element of SA was involved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought that LE mentioned in one of their pressers (no link handy) that they stated, it seemed to them (LE) that he WAS wearing a brown hoodie?

Wearing a hoodie and having the hood of the hoodie up on your head is two different things to me.

I wear a hoodie sweatshirt but don't always have the hood up. Jmo

LE may have in fact said at one point they believe he has a brown hoodie in the image. the hoodie/hat has been the most popular viewpoint from the beginning. I can say with certainty though that his head is uncovered. Obviously that means very little from me but I encourage you to look at the images again, play with the zoom and resolution. I believe it will be confirmed by others that he is indeed wearing nothing on his head and that he does in fact have a full head of hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz