IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wearing a hoodie and having the hood of the hoodie up on your head is two different things to me.

I wear a hoodie sweatshirt but don't always have the hood up. Jmo

ok I see, Crwhitlock is stating that they don't see the hoodie up with him wearing it, NOT that he wasn't wearing a hoodie...right?

I don't remember exactly when they discussed polygraphs. I think it was around the time RL was served a SW-- but I'll look:)

I'm still puzzled how would RL be served a SW on March 17th when he was arrested and in jail since March 10th.

Technically, my understanding of a SW is someone who is present, who opens the door and allows LE to enter in order to search.

Surely someone was present at RLs property while LE was executing the SW? But it can't have been RL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry all, late replying again (& as usual it's more a general thought than a specific reply)

I posted this earlier but there are so many threads now that no doubt a lot of people haven't seen the link below.

Re the expedited testing discussion, I could maybe see the crime scene samples & then the first, or even second set of comparison samples being expedited if the cs samples didn't get a database hit. But there were hundreds of people being looked at in this case & at some point the labs are going to have to say "sorry, this isn't the only unsolved serious crime in Indiana, you'll have to wait your turn".

There's quite a backlog already - this link below is just the rape kit numbers for Indianapolis, not the whole state. So *IF* there was SA involved & this offender has escalated to murder, it could be years before the rape kits from his earlier crimes are tested. There could even be living victims who've seen his face, but no-one will know this until the DNA backlog is addressed.

http://www.endthebacklog.org/indiana

This may be one reason for the backlog. The State of Indiana is # 2 in the nation for forced sexual intercourse with 15% reporting.
Shadows of Innocence: Sexual Assault Among Indiana’s Youth, we take a look at the high rate of sexual assault in Indiana (9th - 12th grade).
http://indianapublicmedia.org/news/special-features/shadows-of-innocence/

Resources:
http://indianapublicmedia.org/news/special-features/shadows-of-innocence/resources/

I too wondered about that, LE probably served it to him in jail. Jmo

I'm still puzzled how would RL be served a SW on March 17th when he was arrested and in jail since March 10th.

Technically, my understanding of a SW is someone who is present, who opens the door and allows LE to enter in order to search.

Surely someone was present at RLs property while LE was executing the SW? But it can't have been RL.

I found myself studying different images of BG last night. With things seemingly at a stand still I was drawn back to the most important piece of evidence in the case, the images. Thinking, he's right there to be identified. As I looked over the images, and adjusted the size and brightness, I started viewing it as one would an optical illusion picture. I studied the images of BG for hours, and I made a few realizations I felt compelled to share as I don't believe I've seen this information previously. The first thing I eventually came to realize is that he is not wearing a hat or hoodie of any kind. His head is uncovered. He has hair, a fairly decent amount, that appears to be brown of some shade. He isn't wearing glasses of any kind.

The image that seems to contort the view of his head/face that people have long viewed as a hat of some sort is a shadow. If that shadow wasn't there I believe we would have a very clear view of his face, clear enough to be able to identify him with comparison photos. I can make out his left eye fairly clearly, his right eye is in the shadow. His face doesn't have a beard, possibly a bit of stubble on the chin.

Another thing I noticed was his legs. They look very skinny to me. His legs/walk resonate that of a driver to me. Someone whose legs get very little use and have atrophied a bit.

I am positive, beyond a shadow of a doubt, he isn't wearing a hat or hoodie, or glasses. He has a head of hair. It's difficulty to identify what color his hair is for certain. I was convinced it was light brown at first, bordering on hint of blonde almost, but in other brightnesses it looks closer to a greyish brown.

It's not earth shattering but something important nonetheless. I've seen so much discussion and debate on the hat. Hopefully people will get a better look at him when they know more of what they're seeing and not seeing.

I see what you mean when you mention his legs, for sure. It's one of the reasons I have always assumed he was older than 30 and more between 45-55 or so, IMHO. Atrophy of his legs (to a certain degree) also makes sense and makes me wonder if Delphi has any cabs, buses or any public transportation in the area. Of course, it's also hard to believe that if this man is a local, and with his image out there and his voice, why hasn't he been identified? But, it would take someone who is "familiar" with the area at least somewhat, to even find that bridge/trail, IMO. Some of the locals have stated they didn't even know it existed.

Your post sure gives me pause, and I thank you for it.

I

ok I see, Crwhitlock is stating that they don't see the hoodie up with him wearing it, NOT that he wasn't wearing a hoodie...right?

Yes, I am stating that he does not have a hat or hood on his head. Whether or not there is a hood attached to his clothing "that isn't up" I can't say as I think you'd need to see him from the back or side to see that.

These images were posted many threads ago. As I understand it the only change is the colors are inverted.
It helped me see that the hair is covered in both pics. My opinion only.

attachment.php

Attachments

• invert.JPG
    invert.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 650
They may have, the hoodie/hat has been the most popular view. I can say with certainty though that his head is uncovered. Obviously that means very little but I encourage you to look at the images again, play with the zoom and resolution. I believe it will be confirmed by others that he is indeed wearing nothing on his head and that he does in fact have a full head of hair.

You have some darn good photo software if you can say with certainty there is hair showing in that photo. LE hasn't even said that for certain, as I'm sure with all the tools that were available from the FBI etc; if they could have said that with certainty to help find the guy they would have. Interesting observations you made for sure and I have entertained the possibility myself, but I am far from saying I for certain that his hair is showing.MOO I would also recommend putting Moo, JMO etc at the end of such statements in the future so people don't confuse your opinion as fact. Cheers and welcome to websleuths!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some jurisdictions have thousands of rape kit samples which have gone untested. Sad, but true.
Also some states did not always take DNA from felons but most do now. Some sex offenses are pled down too so if person escalated to murder their DNA might not be on file. IMO no felony should ever be allowed to be pled down to a lesser charge!!

I found myself studying different images of BG last night. With things seemingly at a stand still I was drawn back to the most important piece of evidence in the case, the images. Thinking, he's right there to be identified. As I looked over the images, and adjusted the size and brightness, I started viewing it as one would an optical illusion picture. I studied the images of BG for hours, and I made a few realizations I felt compelled to share as I don't believe I've seen this information previously. The first thing I eventually came to realize is that he is not wearing a hat or hoodie of any kind. His head is uncovered. He has hair, a fairly decent amount, that appears to be brown of some shade. He isn't wearing glasses of any kind.

The image that seems to contort the view of his head/face that people have long viewed as a hat of some sort is a shadow. If that shadow wasn't there I believe we would have a very clear view of his face, clear enough to be able to identify him with comparison photos. I can make out his left eye fairly clearly, his right eye is in the shadow. His face doesn't have a beard, possibly a bit of stubble on the chin.

Another thing I noticed was his legs. They look very skinny to me. His legs/walk resonate that of a driver to me. Someone whose legs get very little use and have atrophied a bit.

I am positive, beyond a shadow of a doubt, he isn't wearing a hat or hoodie, or glasses. He has a head of hair. It's difficulty to identify what color his hair is for certain. I was convinced it was light brown at first, bordering on hint of blonde almost, but in other brightnesses it looks closer to a greyish brown.

It's not earth shattering but something important nonetheless. I've seen so much discussion and debate on the hat. Hopefully people will get a better look at him when they know more of what they're seeing and not seeing.

:welcome:

These images were posted many threads ago. As I understand it the only change is the colors are inverted.
It helped me see that the hair is covered in both pics. My opinion only.

attachment.php

These are thee photos that were posted earlier that kind of caught my attention, now I don't know if they were doctored in any way. But they seem to match with what LE has been saying regarding a hood and seem to make the most sense to me.MOO

I think you make valid points but sometimes crime scenes are staged. When did LE make the statements regarding RSO and polygraphs, do you know?

My imagination only, also on the topic of staging.

Sequence of events --
The murder occurs, culprit is not aware of who owns what land.
But shortly after the landowner is interviewed, his name becomes known publicly.
Landowner is arrested March 10 on unrelated charges. (All the focus on RL is intentional, as you see where this is headed. He has become bait.)
Any time thereafter the guilty culprit has had the opportunity to plant incriminating evidence on RLs property, perhaps item/s belonging to either of the girls that he initially kept. The opportunity was highest especially after the media made it known RL was arrested and no longer living on the property on March 10.
Then comes the March 17th SW and closed lips.

So what if LE, as they say is entirely true - that RL is not a suspect but he's related to the case........because the guilty culprit has attempted to frame him under the nose of LE, setting the trap?

I too wondered about that, LE probably served it to him in jail. Jmo

If he hadn't been in jail they likely would have showed up at his doorstep and asked if he would voluntarily let them look around. If the person refuses, then they can get a search warrant and enter without his permission. This is pretty standard procedure in Iowa, not sure about Indiana. Not sure about the procedure when the property owner is incarcerated. My guess is they had to get a search warrant because RL was in jail and couldn't be present to allow them to search his property voluntarily. He could have also refused to let them look around which would be kinda dumb because 2 bodies being found on your property is enough probable cause for a search warrant for said property even if the owner isn't a suspect.

WADR, LE has all of the evidence so the most important piece of evidence as far as the photo is only to the public. Folks, LE has all there is to have and we, the public, have tiny bits and pieces only.

As far as hair, Nin has posted a great image that seems to show he's wearing a camo hat. IIRC, she also posted an enhanced close up and it does appear BG has glasses on, IMO.

WADR, LE has all of the evidence so the most important piece of evidence as far as the photo is only to the public. Folks, LE has all there is to have and we, the public, have tiny bits and pieces only.

As far as hair, Nin has posted a great image that seems to show he's wearing a camo hat. IIRC, she also posted an enhanced close up and it does appear BG has glasses on, IMO.

I originally thought it was a camo hat too and was shocked to see RL in that interview with a camo hat on. I do not personally think RL is guilty of murder but found myself reconsidering a bit when i saw that hat.

Wearing a hoodie and having the hood of the hoodie up on your head is two different things to me.

I wear a hoodie sweatshirt but don't always have the hood up. Jmo

But LE stated, in response to a question about what we are seeing, hair, a hat or what, that he is wearing a hoodie.
I agree it looks like hair and different from the first photo a few frames before. I think it's one of the reasons they have not received the right tip, because the person who knows him and sees the familiar clothes and face stops because their boyfriend is bald, rocking a mullet or a blond ponytail.

LE may have in fact said at one point they believe he has a brown hoodie in the image. the hoodie/hat has been the most popular viewpoint from the beginning. I can say with certainty though that his head is uncovered. Obviously that means very little from me but I encourage you to look at the images again, play with the zoom and resolution. I believe it will be confirmed by others that he is indeed wearing nothing on his head and that he does in fact have a full head of hair.

https://local.nixle.com/alert/5854983/

It looks like the initial release just said hoodie. I remember Doug Carter talking about a jacket and a "shirttail" at the presser when they first released the image and audio on 2/15, IIRC.

Carter starts to speak just after the 5 minute mark.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mZcHfgbOcKo

I've been away on vacation with limited internet availability. Are there any new developments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper