IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I could believe that but I can't after listening to that current interview. It really seems they don't have a suspect.

JMO
I think they put all their faith in that picture.
It led them nowhere.

When LE stated that the forensics would take 4 to 6 weeks was that time frame referring to the results being fast tracked or the average processing time?

Jmo
They have no idea who the guy is.
I don't think they have dna.

What a very sad case. Have been reading on & off, and praying LE get the break in this case they need very soon. Otherwise there is a child murderer out on the loose, and that's a scary thought.
Wondering if the girls had ever come across the killer/s before? Wonder if there was more than one?

Maybe we can get past the "they know who it is, he's sitting in jail for violating probation while they build a case" and work on who BG really is.

moo

Good luck.

There has got to be something~~~ANYTHING~~~this guy just can't get away with this. I don't think they are lying, I don't think they have anything. :tantrum:

2 perps caught on camera in the last year~~this ~~and the Missy Beaver's and no justice for any of the families. :mad:

May they all RIP.
:rose::rose::rose:

I do not know much about pedophilia but is it an absolute that if a victim is 11-14...that is the age one stays with? Does one start out with someone younger (like 5 yrs old) and move up? I am so thankful I am so naive about this but sorry if it is offensive to ask this question. I do miss Foxfire for he would just lay out the facts for me!!

Just curious if other crimes may involve this age group or even younger?

Thank you!

In short, no, pedophilia, hebephilia, and ephebophilia are not the same; the media gloms them all together, but the media also promotes the mispronunciation 'PED-duh-file', which I think has something to do with feet or walking so we're going to pretend they don't exist. [emoji38]

The longer answer has to do with issues of personal preference and willpower versus convenience; if you're on a strict and monitored diet, but find yourself alone out of town and desperately craving an orange-chocolate dobos torte, do you rent a car and drive one town over to the best Hungarian bakery you visited years ago, do you walk to the corner and buy a boxed Hostess cake from the convenience store, or do you pinch yourself for even thinking about a decadent orange-chocolate dobos torte, and lock yourself in your hotel room's bathroom, assign yourself a thousand push ups, and phone your sponsor to talk about your thoughtcrime lapse?

It may seem that I'm trivialising a fairly grave topic, but I'm really trying to pare a complex answer down by using a kind of common ground. There are those who are, independent of their label(s), going to commit deviant acts given adequate opportunity, and there are those who are incapable of action or selection outside of their preferred target; it depends on the person, the drive, and the circumstances. For some, adding or subtracting five years, changing gender, demeanour, hair colour, etc., is a 'no deal'; others are perfectly fine noshing on a Hostess Ringding when they really wanted an orange-chocolate dobos torte.

hth,
Tcat

Various posts have mentioned an article or articles quoting searcher JL, who said police had briefly questioned him and examined his phone early in the investigation. JL's quotes in the article were drawn from a newscast video, and some posters said JL's voice in the video reminded them of the "down the hill" audio, but that his appearance was later excised from the newscast. However, the video and voice are still available. Go to the page below, click on the video that appears (mostly about the Bicycle Bridge Road search), then look for the associated videos that appear below the main one. Click on the video titled "Tips flood in for Delphi investigation" to hear the JL interview starting around 01:00:

http://www.wthr.com/article/police-set-up-new-number-for-delphi-murder-tips

The only way I can glean any hope by what LE are and aren't saying is to consider that maybe they have a POI from tips who they may be surveilling and simply don't have any(or enough) evidence on them yet. We still have to remember that a)they have received over 16,000 tips, and b)the perpetrator(s) probably won't confess, likely has a decent alibi(somebody lying ?), and may not seem(to those who know them) like someone capable of this particular type of crime. Maybe they have some criminal history. Maybe even violence or murder, but never toward children before. When ISP solidly refer to this as a "complex" case, even with FBI standing next to them, I have to believe that it is, indeed, complex. Outside the normal formula, profiling, etc, that LE use to solve cases. I believe that if/when this person is caught, there may be some surprise as to his/their identity. I also believe that there is a possibility that it may take a very long time, and that they may even never be charged. I tend to believe this an older(LE has said BG is "middle-aged", which is approximately 45-65), seasoned, career criminal. Those folks tend to know as much, and sometimes more, about police procedure and covering their tracks, than all but the most seasoned and experienced LEO's. I hope I am wrong.

I hope they've checked into any hired hands working in the area, outside contractors/crews, cemetery caretakers, whoever keeps those trails in shape, etc. I hope they've sent info along w/those images out to trucking companies too. I don't want to be, but I'm feeling somewhat discouraged now.

JMO

Havent been on in a few days. Wanted to make sure this was shared last night or this morning

http://www.wthr.com/article/delphi-victims-grandparents-believe-investigators-will-find-killer

( Sent from WTHR )

From the above article:
“Somebody out there knows this person,” said Mike Patty, sitting in the kitchen of his Delphi home.
“It would be easier to heal if we had answers, but we have to heal," said Becky Patty, sitting next to her husband.
“We have to go on because there is the possibility of not ever knowing, don’t like to think of that, I don’t,” Becky added.
“There’s a killer walking our streets. It’s our streets or somebody else’s around the state or around the nation,” said Mike, adding that he has no idea if the killer is local or from somewhere else.

bbm

Let's pray that this is not one of those cases that takes years or is never solved. Libby did her best to leave the evidence to get the guy(s) who did this to her and Abby.

However, based on the statement from last night's interview about optimism not being high and this sentiment expressed by Becky Patty, I am concerned that LE has too many leads and not enough substance to go on.

It must be very hard on LE as well.

I am starting to believe the reason we are not having a press conference or hearing anything from LE is because they have nothing to tell us.

Everything we have heard in the last week(granted it's not be much) have all said the same and that's they have nothing.

:moo:
i think one reason they have not had a press conference, or released additional audio or video is because they do not need to. In my opinion what they don't say says more than what they do say.

i think one reason they have not had a press conference, or released additional audio or video is because they do not need to. In my opinion what they don't say says more than what they do say.

"Optimism isn't real high" says a lot.

How do you reconcile that thought with the latest statement about optimism not high? Why would he say that?

"Optimism isn't real high" says a lot.

If there was someone in custody they suspected, I could see not saying anything yet..but I would think we'd at least be hearing an optimistic attitude. jmo

If there was someone in custody they suspected, I could see not saying anything yet..but I would think we'd at least be hearing an optimistic attitude. jmo

The optimism comment is bothering me. Why would LE say that? Why? If true, then why let the public know that? I can't help wondering if it was either a slip or a bluff. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Wish I could believe that but I can't after listening to that current interview. It really seems they don't have a suspect.
Sorry you feel that way.. Hang In there. Wait for it.. MOO he's not as slick as he thinks he is.moo

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

No that is an official van there with the search party. RL'S Ford can be seen in the news video from 3/10 parked next to the grain bin (which I have learned is not a silo). And it was stated in a court documents one of the probation violations was that he could not have access to a vehicle and he had the pickup parked across the street from his residence.
Can't find the link just now.

Is this it?

Attachments

• IMG_8819.jpg
    IMG_8819.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 86
The optimism comment is bothering me. Why would LE say that? Why? If true, then why let the public know that? I can't help wondering if it was either a slip or a bluff. It just doesn't make sense to me.

It sounded like a honest response to the interviewer's question (to me). Probably if he'd thought longer he wouldn't have been as forthcoming. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee