IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #55

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you come up with that last sentence? I would think it is mainly people they see or people they know imo.
I suspect that as names hit FB quite literally hundreds of people all submitted a tip on the very same person. That means that for certain RSO's there might be hundreds or even over a thousand tips for each and every one. Same goes for RL probably hundreds if not more than a thousand. Just about any male that has appeared in media or is mentioned in media has likely been tipped. Along with that there are thousands and thousands and thousands of tips that say things like "I think its a construction worker", "I think they work at the meat packing place", "I think it they are wearing <insert brand> sneakers" and so on. Really. Then, once it came out that LE was arresting absolutely anyone that has a warrant or they find other criminal acts, there are likely hundreds of tips that gave up names of ex-husbands/boyfriends, etc. any one that they wanted to get arrested or to get back at old enemies or neighbors they don't like, etc.

(I tooootally missed this...)

This came up in a much earlier thread...can't even remember which one. But it seems odd that the death of another girl from the same school as A & L was not given as much media, or discussion on this thread. Are we not supposed to be sleuthing that incident? Is it even true?

Well, Nancy isn't on TV any longer but Ashleigh Banfield has covered it a few times.
Maybe AB will do an update. It's surprising the nationwide billboards didn't turn up a suspect at least that we have heard so late night TV would be logical. This story will be on Dateline once solved I think.

Possibly there is a technical miscarriage that could be litigated in court if the public was made aware of a later death, and it is sealed to allow impartiality in case a trial occurs for malfeasance against LE or Rescue?
For not calling an Amber alert and going thru the night you mean? Is that a real possibility do you think?

I can think of one reason LE may choose not to release COD. The reason follows along the lines of this --

"4) The details related to the manner and mechanism of the deaths of Ms. Williams and Ms. German, if they remain confidential, make it easier for investigators to recognize a false confession as it is improbable for an innocent person to accurately describe the details of the deaths without personal knowledge. 5) Investigators are able to maintain a tactical advantage when speaking with a suspect if the manner and mechanism of the deaths of Ms. Williams and Ms. German are not made public."
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-47&p=13298390#post13298390

16000 tips. That's an enormous amount.

I once read about a man who was previously involved in a bitter divorce. Apparently his wife tipped every open investigation in the area. His claim she did so just to be spiteful and make his life miserable. Undoubtedly her rational was she thought he was a no-good jerk and probably capable. A $200k+ reward to get an ex out of one's life? I don't know but that might be a lucrative opportunity to some.

At this point in time any malicious tips can be controlled because the tipster can't fabricate details that they're not aware of.

Is wasting time and energy on false tips an issue in this case? We don't know and LE certainly isn't going to tell us but I wonder if the more involved SM, the higher the reward, the more it happens.

What of people calling in anonymously to report someone, overhearing a confession for example. Did it really happen, how is LE to know?

My opinion only, but I think it's very difficult to solve this case on tips alone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've seen a few comments asking why the police haven't released more and thought I'd give an opinion.
I think the police supplied the best enhanced pics from the video they could and the clearest audio they have.
My humble opinion of course

It seems they would have released more of the video or audio by now if they felt it could help. which indicates to me that they have a lot more than we know about and do not really need to share more with the public.

The Sheriff said (in this video @ 32.03; http://cbs4indy.com/2017/02/21/authorities-to-give-update-in-delphi-double-murder-investigation/ ) that there is nothing they are prepared to share at this time, which sounded to me that he was speaking about more from the audio or video. For whatever their reason may be, I think they feel releasing more would either tip off the suspect or would not be helpful to us. I suspect they have a good idea of who it may be, but if we also knew what they know it could interfere with an arrest at this time.

''I am having a hard time explaining my feeling about this, so I hope this was not too convoluted. Re-watching this, For the first time I did think they felt the video and audio could be two different people. Could there actually be two people involved? I am starting to bend ..... again.

JMO

Maybe AB will do an update. It's surprising the nationwide billboards didn't turn up a suspect at least that we have heard so late night TV would be logical. This story will be on Dateline once solved I think.
That could indicate local perp (s) I guess. If the billboards didn't work I mean.

I definitely agree with 1 (added to include or possibly local at one time, maybe not so now) and 2. Still not sure about 3 and 4.

I think a good angle is sleuthing everything to do with hunting and fishing in Delphi. Specifically Monan.

If you look at the number of people that hunt and fish in Indiana in 2011, it wouldn't be surprising if BG is also a hunter and/or fisherman. However, with that being said, how can we single out and sleuth from that angle? I think there's a good possibility that BG is a hunter/fisherman, but I don't think it's a plausible means to track down whoever BG is. MOO

Source:https://www.census.gov/prod/2013pubs/fhw11-in.pdf

Participants in Wildlife-Related Recreation in Indiana: 2011
(U.S. residents 16 years old and older)

Total....................................... 2.3 million

SportspersonsTotal............................. 867 thousand
Anglers . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . 801 thousand
Hunters . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . 392 thousand

Wildlife Watchers................................ 1.7 million
Away from home . . . . . . . 413 thousand
Around the home . . . . . . . 1.7 million

Oh how I miss Foxfire's posts. What a great sleuther he was. He could peel through all the noise and see what some of us missed...right under our noses. And speaking of which, I think this Perp is right under everyone's nose. That's why people can't see them, they are right there helping hang posters, crying, consoling, and the sort. Might even be reading this thread for all we know.

The fact these girls were murdered right around Valentine's day certainly can't be overlooked. This is someone who felt that women had "done him wrong" and he viciously despises them. Maybe someone who is paying out alot of alimony and child support, and loudly complains about it. If he hasn't murdered before, I'd say he has a history of domestic violence, and probably molestation. He doesn't see women as human beings, so probably frequents prostitutes alot. He might have even murdered a prostitute. He probably had mommy issues growing up, and this is the manifestation of that hatred for his mother.
I think this Perp is someone very close to one of the families, and will be arrested as quickly as all the forensic work is complete, and the DA has their ducks in a row.

Wow, how's that for Sunday morning armchair amateur speculation? We'll see how close my amateur profile comes.

I believe LE already knows the identity of the perp. I am not allowed to discuss that here, but if you do some pretty basic internet research, you will see why I believe this. I also feel that there was not as much DNA evidence as LE expected/hoped for. If there was, I believe this case would definitely be solved by now. It seems as though LE is trying to build a strong case using other avenues which is why it is taking so long. Just my opinion.

Not all discussion, that's not quite what Tricia's post said. Can you find a copy of it?

According to this you are right. This subject is not taboo, I just have a feeling that we all think it is.

Members may still discuss the unenhanced/unaltered images here . But for more in-depth discussion of various enhancements and the techniques being used on the ISP released images to try to gain a better idea of the physical characteristics and wardrobe of BG . . .

GO to the IMAGE discussion thread
Last edited by tlcya; 04-28-2017 at 01:22 PM.​

So, I think if you wanted to post an unenhanced picture and discuss it, we can.

And if I am reading this correctly, it means that we cannot do any enhancements to bring out different features that change the photos from the original and then discuss those but we can use the originals for discussing different aspects of those photos, i.e., height. At least that is what I am hoping anyway.:redface:

If you look at the number of people that hunt and fish in Indiana in 2011, it wouldn't be surprising if BG is also a hunter and/or fisherman. However, with that being said, how can we single out and sleuth from that angle? I think there's a good possibility that BG is a hunter/fisherman, but I don't think it's a plausible means to track down whoever BG is. MOO

Source:https://www.census.gov/prod/2013pubs/fhw11-in.pdf

Participants in Wildlife-Related Recreation in Indiana: 2011
(U.S. residents 16 years old and older)

Total....................................... 2.3 million

SportspersonsTotal............................. 867 thousand
Anglers . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . 801 thousand
Hunters . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . 392 thousand

Wildlife Watchers................................ 1.7 million
Away from home . . . . . . . 413 thousand
Around the home . . . . . . . 1.7 million

Yikes!!

I believe LE already knows the identity of the perp. I am not allowed to discuss that here, but if you do some pretty basic internet research, you will see why I believe this. I also feel that there was not as much DNA evidence as LE expected/hoped for. If there was, I believe this case would definitely be solved by now. It seems as though LE is trying to build a strong case using other avenues which is why it is taking so long. Just my opinion.

What would be an example of how LE knows the identity of the perp, but don't have enough evidence to prove it?

The reason I ask it because my understanding the course of investigative events involves the compiling of evidence that eventually leads to the identity of the perp, not the other way around.

In almost every case of a wrongful conviction, LE is heavily criticized because they put all their focus into implicating the person whom they "think" is guilty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.google.com/amp/heavy.co...g-snapchat-facebook-photos-family-bridge/amp/

i just read this article again, for the first time in two months. When I read it the first time I never would have dreamed that the case would remain unsolved for this long.

A couple of things stood out to me: First, it was stated that the autopsies confirmed the deaths were homocides. That makes it sound like any injuries on the girls weren't obviously inflicted by someone else.

The quote about "people being smart enough to figure out" was interesting.

And, as has been discussed previously, the comment regarding "knowing what your children are doing" as well.

"Mullin said he &#8220;understands&#8221; what he is saying, and again responded, &#8220;I think people are able to draw their own conclusions about this situation, and they&#8217;re smart enough to figure out what this situation warrants them to think. That&#8217;s all we have to say about that.&#8221;

I would like to know more about the time period 2.30 -5.30 p.m. on the 13th. Firstly, who was supposed to meet and collect the girls and at precisely what time. If it was at 03.30 why didn't the search commence then? What time did the person actually turn up? Secondly, have LE identified all the phones on the cell towers at or around 02.30 pm? Especially the ones colocated with the girls' phones. In a small town of 3, 000 that wouldn't be many phones. Thirdly, what about the others on the trail and the perp (s)?. Do their phone locations check out? It is likely the perp had a phone and a vehicle. Can vehicles be cross checked against phones? If no TOD has been given then alibis for a long time are needed eg from 02.07 p.m. on 13th till 12.15 p.m. on 14th. That is a lot of alibi checking needing to be done when the key times appear to be 02.30 - 05.30 IMO. Obviously all the searchers including LE phones would need to be eliminated but they did not start till 0530. So the phones in the area 0230 till 0530 are the most important as I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time