IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. If he is fairly local I'm confident they have identified him but have to have evidence to convict before they arrest and for sure they do not want him to run.

If this is correct I sure hope he is under 24/7 surveillance.

There is a difference in having enough evidence and having enough evidence for a 1st Degree Murder conviction/punishment. In this case, I believe they have circumstantial evidence against someone, but they need more time to expand on that evidence so their case is air-tight. If they do not have sufficient DNA evidence, they need to prove it by bringing forth a mountain of other evidentiary sources which takes time. They don't want to see this person convicted on lesser charges than the crime warrants or have a chance at parole. I would venture to guess the state will seek the death penalty, and that will require TONS of evidence. I can't see LE scaling back manpower after only one month if they didn't have a strong direction/lead to a viable suspect.

I think the ISP officer wouldn't have said "optimism isn't high" in his interview a few weeks ago IF they were just trying to obtain additional evidence on a particular suspect. (jmo)

He doesn't know A but knows she has an 18 yo brother. Would the brother possibly be EW featured in the 13th Feb search video posted recently does anyone know?

The video had EW listed as " a friend" of Abby Williams. He looked older.... I was wondering about father maybe? MOO

Always my opinion only [emoji230]

There is a difference in having enough evidence and having enough evidence for a 1st Degree Murder conviction/punishment. In this case, I believe they have circumstantial evidence against someone, but they need more time to expand on that evidence so their case is air-tight. If they do not have sufficient DNA evidence, they need to prove it by bringing forth a mountain of other evidentiary sources which takes time. They don't want to see this person convicted on lesser charges than the crime warrants or have a chance at parole. I would venture to guess the state will seek the death penalty, and that will require TONS of evidence. I can't see LE scaling back manpower after only one month if they didn't have a strong direction/lead to a viable suspect.

This is another reason I believe there is more than one guilty party. I think they could be sure of identify of BG but the DNA they have isn't his. Yet they know he participated in the murders. They need someone to roll on him. Clearly that's a dangerous thing they are asking someone to do, not worth $240K.

The obit made it sound like the father and father's family were not involved in her life, there are many possible reasons that hopefully have nothing to do with this.

This is another reason I believe there is more than one guilty party. I think they could be sure of identify of BG but the DNA they have isn't his. Yet they know he participated in the murders. They need someone to roll on him. Clearly that's a dangerous thing they are asking someone to do, not worth $240K.

You are touching on something I mentioned in an earlier post too. There is someone who *knows* this guy but isn't speaking up. Shame, fear of the spotlight and scandal, fear, some sort of misguided "loyalty"? Who knows. But I bet they can't sleep at night. Karma karma karma...

There was a hike planned today in Delphi to "reclaim" the trails.
I read this on 953mnc.com - sorry, I don't know how to link:shame:

Good for them! The people of Delphi have really shown the world what a determined community of people can do when they come together. They will see justice, and God Bless them! Good people.

Since you didn't quote anyone, any chance you can say what is completely false?

For some reason, the post I was responding to got deleted. I can't find it now. And it was a rumour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whom are you disagreeing with? Please use the reply with quote ... bottom right. Thanks

FYI, I did the reply with quote as I always do but think the post was deleted. Can't find it anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the ISP officer wouldn't have said "optimism isn't high" in his interview a few weeks ago IF they were just trying to obtain additional evidence on a particular suspect. (jmo)

I don't think any of us can say what an LE officer would or wouldn't do in this type of investigation. LE is trained to implement various investigative strategies in response to myriad murder situations. I am not a law enforcement officer. I am just attempting to analyze LE's actions to draw my own opinions/conclusions. "Optimism isn't high" is a vague statement. I don't know what LE knows or doesn't know, but I know it is a lot more than we do, so I trust their expertise. These are just my own thoughts on the matter.

Thanks Rott Mom. I found a link to the article:

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...y-reclaims-monon-high-bridge-trail/100942064/

"DELPHI, Ind. — It's impossible to walk the Monon High Bridge trail in Delphi and not think of Liberty German and Abby Williams.

It was one of the last sites the teens hiked Feb. 13 before a killer diverted them from the trail to a secluded spot east of the bridge, where he killed the girls.

At 3 p.m. Sunday, the community is invited to symbolically reclaim the trail by hiking the half-mile from the Freedom Bridge — the blue, steel-framed bridge over Indiana 25 — to the Monon High Bridge trail head.

"Our goal is to come together as a community, reclaim the land for holy purposes and to share mutually what we can do in encouraging one another on this journey," Delphi United Methodist Church Pastor Todd Ladd said in a news release published Wednesday."

More at link

If this is correct I sure hope he is under 24/7 surveillance.

Jmo no way LE can afford to do this.

Also, I think some people are equating pessimism with lack of faith in LE. Not true at all, but only 60-65% of murders are solved and closed. So it is not crazy talk to think these murders could go unsolved. Jmo.

Ive wonderted as well. The dark web is a safe haven for hackers, illegal gun sales, and pedophiles. And the FBI cant track these people down due to ip addresses being layered I think. I dont really understand the dark web. Anyone here with knowledge of how it works and how it may be applicable in this case? Seems feasible to me BG may be a dark web user. Jmo.

That's kind of how the IP address stuff works, people can use VPN's and other methods to mask identities online. It would be difficult for LE to track people on, say, SnapChat who were involved in this case, if they've covered their online tracks.

It's actually very simple to do.

I believe LE already knows the identity of the perp. I am not allowed to discuss that here, but if you do some pretty basic internet research, you will see why I believe this. <snipped for space>

Could you refresh my mind what EW stands for?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I don't think we can use names on here. If you watch the search video in question the person is named in it.

BBM
If you can't post it...then it leaves the rest of us..... :waitasec:

JMO

In my humble opinion rumours that the case is already solved is harmful to the investigation because it's entirely contrary to LE asking for "new leads". If people cannot take the word of LE to be truthful, then that's another issue entirely but it clearly impacts on their effectiveness.

"Sgt. Riley says investigators remain focused and confident as they continue to sort through the thousands of tips that have come in. He said the volume has gone down over the weeks, but they are still receiving between 100-125 new tips each day.

Roughly 10 different agencies remain actively involved in the investigation and between 20 and 30 investigators continue working on the case each day, sorting through tips, searching for new leads and interviewing people based on the information they’ve received."
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...iews-later-still-no-suspects-in-girls-murders

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In another case I have followed, Missy Bevers, LE got a tower dump to identify all the numbers for a couple of hrs before the murder. That SW was the first iirc, they got the very next day. But of course it does not help much if it isn't a contract phone, however some cash phones can be traced to where and when they were sold and the video surveillance can be used, but I think that's a long shot.
I believe it is noteworthy they have not identified who came to pick them up. They said her sister dropped them off, and another family member was to pick them up. That they won't say who was there and what time they arrived is clearly part of the investigation. But why? I think therein lies a clue.

I absolutely agree. I think the clues are closer to the families than we realize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member