IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to this you are right. This subject is not taboo, I just have a feeling that we all think it is.

So, I think if you wanted to post an unenhanced picture and discuss it, we can.

And if I am reading this correctly, it means that we cannot do any enhancements to bring out different features that change the photos from the original and then discuss those but we can use the originals for discussing different aspects of those photos, i.e., height. At least that is what I am hoping
anyway.:redface:

Correct. The image itself can be posted and discussed here.

Enhancement, zooms to focus on a specific area of the photo, and alterations to attempt to better define certain features or items in the image should take place in the image discussion thread.

If you look at the number of people that hunt and fish in Indiana in 2011, it wouldn't be surprising if BG is also a hunter and/or fisherman. However, with that being said, how can we single out and sleuth from that angle? I think there's a good possibility that BG is a hunter/fisherman, but I don't think it's a plausible means to track down whoever BG is. MOO

Source:https://www.census.gov/prod/2013pubs/fhw11-in.pdf

Participants in Wildlife-Related Recreation in Indiana: 2011
(U.S. residents 16 years old and older)

Total....................................... 2.3 million

SportspersonsTotal............................. 867 thousand
Anglers . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . 801 thousand
Hunters . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . 392 thousand

Wildlife Watchers................................ 1.7 million
Away from home . . . . . . . 413 thousand
Around the home . . . . . . . 1.7 million

Thanks for sharing this. Im sure some useful information can be extracted from this but do they have a smaller breakdown version of the census for just Carroll county?

This is a question for several posters...if LE thinks they know who BG is, then why hasn't he been located, arrested, announced, etc. also, they are still asking for tips and have been issuing search warrants for all sorts of different people. I'm just curious why so many think they know who he is. I'm missing something. Tia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you refresh my mind what EW stands for?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
I don't think we can use names on here. If you watch the search video in question the person is named in it.

What would be an example of how LE knows the identity of the perp, but don't have enough evidence to prove it?

The reason I ask it because my understanding the course of investigative events involves the compiling of evidence that eventually leads to the identity of the perp, not the other way around.

In almost every case of a wrongful conviction, LE is heavily criticized because they put all their focus into implicating the person whom they "think" is guilty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a difference in having enough evidence and having enough evidence for a 1st Degree Murder conviction/punishment. In this case, I believe they have circumstantial evidence against someone, but they need more time to expand on that evidence so their case is air-tight. If they do not have sufficient DNA evidence, they need to prove it by bringing forth a mountain of other evidentiary sources which takes time. They don't want to see this person convicted on lesser charges than the crime warrants or have a chance at parole. I would venture to guess the state will seek the death penalty, and that will require TONS of evidence. I can't see LE scaling back manpower after only one month if they didn't have a strong direction/lead to a viable suspect.

I would like to know more about the time period 2.30 -5.30 p.m. on the 13th. Firstly, who was supposed to meet and collect the girls and at precisely what time. If it was at 03.30 why didn't the search commence then? What time did the person actually turn up? Secondly, have LE identified all the phones on the cell towers at or around 02.30 pm? Especially the ones colocated with the girls' phones. In a small town of 3, 000 that wouldn't be many phones. Thirdly, what about the others on the trail and the perp (s)?. Do their phone locations check out? It is likely the perp had a phone and a vehicle. Can vehicles be cross checked against phones? If no TOD has been given then alibis for a long time are needed eg from 02.07 p.m. on 13th till 12.15 p.m. on 14th. That is a lot of alibi checking needing to be done when the key times appear to be 02.30 - 05.30 IMO. Obviously all the searchers including LE phones would need to be eliminated but they did not start till 0530. So the phones in the area 0230 till 0530 are the most important as I see it.

In another case I have followed, Missy Bevers, LE got a tower dump to identify all the numbers for a couple of hrs before the murder. That SW was the first iirc, they got the very next day. But of course it does not help much if it isn't a contract phone, however some cash phones can be traced to where and when they were sold and the video surveillance can be used, but I think that's a long shot.
I believe it is noteworthy they have not identified who came to pick them up. They said her sister dropped them off, and another family member was to pick them up. That they won't say who was there and what time they arrived is clearly part of the investigation. But why? I think therein lies a clue.

I'm not sure how this information is of benefit, but I'm posting it anyway :)

Using the search feature on "Murder Accountability Project" (very interesting site (IMO) and you can read more about it at the links below), I decided to search for cases that met the same basic criteria as this case (as well as the Iowa case of LC & EC) particularly where the Weapon = Other or type unknown AND the Circumstances = Undetermined (Also, I searched for victims with age range of 7 thru 14)

Results:

Detroit MI
Black female age 14

Pima Co AZ
White female age 13

Pulaski Co MO
Race unknown female age 7

Clinton Township MI
White female age 10

2012 (two victims both Bremer Co IA - LC & EC)
Bremer Co IA
White female age 9
Bremer Co IA
White female age 11

2010 no reports meeting criteria
2011 no reports meeting criteria

*2009 two cases SOLVED
Prince William Co VA
Black female age 13
West Haven CT
White female age 7

Los Angeles Co CA
Black female age 13

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?322156-Welcome-to-The-Murder-Accountability-Project!

http://www.murderdata.org/

I would like to know more about the time period 2.30 -5.30 p.m. on the 13th. Firstly, who was supposed to meet and collect the girls and at precisely what time. If it was at 03.30 why didn't the search commence then? What time did the person actually turn up? Secondly, have LE identified all the phones on the cell towers at or around 02.30 pm? Especially the ones colocated with the girls' phones. In a small town of 3, 000 that wouldn't be many phones. Thirdly, what about the others on the trail and the perp (s)?. Do their phone locations check out? It is likely the perp had a phone and a vehicle. Can vehicles be cross checked against phones? If no TOD has been given then alibis for a long time are needed eg from 02.07 p.m. on 13th till 12.15 p.m. on 14th. That is a lot of alibi checking needing to be done when the key times appear to be 02.30 - 05.30 IMO. Obviously all the searchers including LE phones would need to be eliminated but they did not start till 0530. So the phones in the area 0230 till 0530 are the most important as I see it.

The perp may have used a phone, earlier in the day, then removed the battery (I have a smart TracFone which still allows the owner/user to remove the battery).

A LE guy did say early on, I think within 48 hours of the discovery of the girls, but after the autopsies, to "know" or "pay attention to" what kids are doing on SM, something to that effect. My imagination ran wild with that hint.

Is it SM-related? LE have been tight-lipped about this case, although I'm sure some folks here know about what's been leaked/shared by folks in Delphi about that aspect of the case.

Even if the perp had a cell phone, it could have been a TracFone he pays cash to put minutes on, it could have been stolen, and somehow hacked to make it usable but anonymous. Cell tower information would have to be revealed via cooperation with the owners of the towers, that could take weeks or longer, even. I've done some work on cell towers in the past, LE would have to get court orders for that info.

Child *advertiser censored* is not limited to the dark web. Why do you suggest that's where he might have been viewing it?

I think the dark web offers anonymity to pedophiles. The FBI has trouble tracking these users. Its like the layers of an onion I think.

There is a difference in having enough evidence and having enough evidence for a 1st Degree Murder conviction/punishment. In this case, I believe they have circumstantial evidence against someone, but they need more time to expand on that evidence so their case is air-tight. If they do not have sufficient DNA evidence, they need to prove it by bringing forth a mountain of other evidentiary sources which takes time. They don't want to see this person convicted on lesser charges than the crime warrants or have a chance at parole. I would venture to guess the state will seek the death penalty, and that will require TONS of evidence. I can't see LE scaling back manpower after only one month if they didn't have a strong direction/lead to a viable suspect.

I agree. Identifying BG is not enough for a conviction. I'm sure there may be other evidence, but it may not be all that great. We just don't know. If LE pretty much knows who BG is, they could still be asking for tips from people who recognize him. They may not want to put his name out there yet, and may even feel there's not enough for an arrest. If someone who knows him sends in a tip, or several people send in the same tip, these people can be interviewed in an attempt to gather more evidence. Asking for further tips could be a good idea even if the identity of the suspect is known. All my opinion, naturally. MOO.

I agree. Identifying BG is not enough for a conviction. I'm sure there may be other evidence, but it may not be all that great. We just don't know. If LE pretty much knows who BG is, they could still be asking for tips from people who recognize him. They may not want to put his name out there yet, and may even feel there's not enough for an arrest. If someone who knows him sends in a tip, or several people send in the same tip, these people can be interviewed in an attempt to gather more evidence. Asking for further tips could be a good idea even if the identity of the suspect is known. All my opinion, naturally. MOO.

I absolutely agree.

I think the dark web offers anonymity to pedophiles. The FBI has trouble tracking these users. Its like the layers of an onion I think.

I've wondered about a Dark Web angle, in this case. A place for nasty people to compare notes on crimes.

I first heard about it as it applied to a child *advertiser censored* case. Just sick stuff, really.

On the Delphi police department facebook post on Jan 2, 2016 there is a photo of a person BW listed as caught. anyone able to tell if he was still in prison?

I agree. If he is fairly local I'm confident they have identified him but have to have evidence to convict before they arrest and for sure they do not want him to run.

I've wondered about a Dark Web angle, in this case. A place for nasty people to compare notes on crimes.

I first heard about it as it applied to a child *advertiser censored* case. Just sick stuff, really.

Ive wonderted as well. The dark web is a safe haven for hackers, illegal gun sales, and pedophiles. And the FBI cant track these people down due to ip addresses being layered I think. I dont really understand the dark web. Anyone here with knowledge of how it works and how it may be applicable in this case? Seems feasible to me BG may be a dark web user. Jmo.

This is a question for several posters...if LE thinks they know who BG is, then why hasn't he been located, arrested, announced, etc. also, they are still asking for tips and have been issuing search warrants for all sorts of different people. I'm just curious why so many think they know who he is. I'm missing something. Tia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. I've been curious about this as well. I also don't know what to think of the comment law enforcement made recently when they said they were not optimistic. Maybe it's part of their plan to give the guy a false sense of security in the hopes that he trips up.

I couldn't find anything in doing a quick Internet search that led me to believe that they have their eye on a suspect.

The above is just my opinion.

Thanks for sharing this. Im sure some useful information can be extracted from this but do they have a smaller breakdown version of the census for just Carroll county?

I haven't looked, but I would think this info is available somewhere. I also wanted to mention that people that don't reside in state are able to get an out of state Indiana hunting and/or fishing license.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon