IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it against TOS to know where the victims lived? Honest question. I always find the address of the victim(s) of a crime to see what the lay of their land/neighborhood looked like/distance from crime scene, etc... I don't really call that sleuthing, it's just something you need.

It says that Abby lived w/her mother and her maternal grandmother, and that grandmother's name is listed in the obituary.
http://fox17online.com/2017/03/22/tragedy-connects-small-towns-2-teens-murders-unsolved/

Libby lived with her father & stepmother. They raised her.
http://people.com/crime/grandfather...indiana-girl-cant-imagine-why-she-was-killed/

Her mother lives in Kentucky. Her grandparents saw her a lot but she didn't live with them.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-one-murdered-Indiana-teens-speaks-out.html

Those links don't say what you think they do. Mike and Becky Patty are her grandparents who raised her. The Bridges are her maternal grandparents who live in Kentucky.

I just noticed that someone opened up the Zodiac Killer case on Websleuths and there are a few new posts. I put a post also. Could the Delphi case be a copycat case? Maybe I am just suspicious but what do some of you think about this?

The Zodiac forum is alive and well, the current discussion thread which is still open for posting, and contains your posts is right HERE

Please keep discussion of the Zodiac SK in that forum. Nothing at this time indicates it has any connection to this case.

I can't recall where I heard it but it had to be on here. I don't follow sm on this
One of the male relatives told a reporter that they/Libby may have decided to go see her mother in KY. This had nothing to do with SM.

The Zodiac forum is alive and well, the current discussion thread which is still open for posting, and contains your posts is right HERE

Please keep discussion of the Zodiac SK in that forum. Nothing at this time indicates it has any connection to this case.

ITA. I've read books on the Zodiac watched all the movies, read for years on an entire website devoted just to the Zodiac entirely and I do not see one single think point towards that

Because of the mom jeans the suspect wears, there may be some speculation he is older than the average age for a serial killer.

We do know from research, these types of killers can take an extended holiday from their crimes.

Thinking about the serial killer possibility.

Some serial killers are recluses who would never venture toward media because they don't really know about it, or aren't interested (disorganized type).

Some serial killers would follow a case closely and be interested and have a cooling off period as the media attention goes on (organized type).

Zodiac was the latter. I do think this kind of personality can't be ruled out, but have no idea why there is the sudden surge of interest, other than the new movie coming out.
Do you think LE should be alerted to those new posts? One is particularly creepy. I don't think Zodiac Killer was a pedophile and we don't know how the Delphi girls were killed. Might be trying to mislead LE.

From what I've read LE searched from 5:30pm until around 11pm called the search off. There was a report that maybe the girls had run off to visit Libby's mom in Kentucky. I imagine some officers stayed at the scene overnight just in case the girls would show up during the wee hours. TV reporters were on the scene at 5am. I've seen helicopter survaliance early the next morning when the search resumed and the girls were finally found around noon. I believe the main search that morning was the creek.

ITA. I've read books on the Zodiac watched all the movies, read for years on an entire website devoted just to the Zodiac entirely and I do not see one single think point towards that
Do you know for sure that the Delphi killer didn't leave a voice message or note?

I had asked in an earlier thread about phone pings and when LE looked into them. Maybe it was early on and these "pings" were not near the bridge but in town and LE and family may have thought the girls were somewhere other than the bridge area?

Peace777, I couldn't believe it when I saw this on the video. MP being interviewed on the night of the 13th during the initial search. MP states about the cell phone tower pings at the 1:20 mark of this video. I had no idea they had knowledge of the pings so early. He did state how many hours ago the phone seem to have died, thus the last time of the ping found. IMO the towers show what phone pinged the tower but not the exact location of the phone. I think for phone location that functionality has to bel using wifi? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kop2LjEGm_8&feature=youtu.be

That is one aspect of the case I have never felt there has been a satisfactory explanation. IF the phone was pinging about, it would mean to me it was moving about. I hope there are some techies who know how cell phone pings work to clarify how the phone could be pinging around Delphi, yet still be located in the crime scene (if it was). This is so huge.
This is not my prime area of expertise, but try to imagine the software operating out of the towers, broadcasting the usual "who's out there?" queries. Delphi had more than one tower doing the broadcasting/reception. Depending on what times each of the towers did a broadcast that happened to be picked up by the phone, a single phone could say "Hey, I'm here!" to multiple towers in successive interchanges. It's a loose way to do standard WiFi searches from the phone company's point of view, a scatter broadcast to catch as many phones as possible. Whoever answers a query is logged in at that tower in that moment, but could be answering another query from another tower just a few seconds later. So anyone's phone in Delphi can be sitting on their kitchen table all night, and if it's charged, it will talk back to the towers as many times as it gets a query and isn't busy at the moment. In a sense, it "appears" to be moving between the two towers, but it isn't.
Hope this helps.

Do you think LE should be alerted to those new posts? One is particularly creepy. I don't think Zodiac Killer was a pedophile and we don't know how the Delphi girls were killed. Might be trying to mislead LE.

Hey St. A- I don't know. I deleted my post before you replied, since I made an error on why there may be renewed interest in Z (new movie). He would have to be in his eighties now, if he is even still alive. I don't know what new posts you are referring, although I do wonder about the potential for an organized attention seeking serial killer to post on social media, and follow threads open to the public involving him, FWIW.

This is not my prime area of expertise, but try to imagine the software operating out of the towers, broadcasting the usual "who's out there?" queries. Delphi had more than one tower doing the broadcasting/reception. Depending on what times each of the towers did a broadcast that happened to be picked up by the phone, a single phone could say "Hey, I'm here!" to multiple towers in successive interchanges. It's a loose way to do standard WiFi searches from the phone company's point of view, a scatter broadcast to catch as many phones as possible. Whoever answers a query is logged in at that tower in that moment, but could be answering another query from another tower just a few seconds later. So anyone's phone in Delphi can be sitting on their kitchen table all night, and if it's charged, it will talk back to the towers as many times as it gets a query and isn't busy at the moment. In a sense, it "appears" to be moving between the two towers, but it isn't.
Hope this helps.

I thought that might be it. One other question, can you get the ping information from a phone that fast? Is is possible the family was using a feature like Find My iPhone?

No and I don't want to get suspended after the message from Ticya but it just kind of shook me up when I saw that.Lasts posts were a long time ago so I thought someone might want to claim copycat.

I guess i missed some posts. Btw i wasnt trying to be snarky, just debating . You're a great member here. Peace. ❤

I know what Ticya said and I respect that but it seems there is a connection to the Delphi case and the Zodiac per one if the experts quoted on the other sight. She says LE received a post card with 13 holes in it and another picture of trees with 13 eyes looking out from the trees. This is too coincidental because of the Iowa killings and the Delphi killings on the 13th. I think the Delphi killer may have left a message and so did the Iowa killer. That could be why LE was so upset and could be the twist. I plan to notify LE.

Is it against TOS to know where the victims lived? Honest question. I always find the address of the victim(s) of a crime to see what the lay of their land/neighborhood looked like/distance from crime scene, etc... I don't really call that sleuthing, it's just something you need.

It says that Abby lived w/her mother and her maternal grandmother, and that grandmother's name is listed in the obituary.
http://fox17online.com/2017/03/22/tragedy-connects-small-towns-2-teens-murders-unsolved/

Libby lived with her father & stepmother. They raised her.
http://people.com/crime/grandfather...indiana-girl-cant-imagine-why-she-was-killed/

Her mother lives in Kentucky. Her grandparents saw her a lot but she didn't live with them.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-one-murdered-Indiana-teens-speaks-out.html

I believe LG lived with her (step?)grandfather, MP, and her grandmother, BP.

I do think that she spent a lot of time with them. The Pattys are her paternal grandmother and step-grandfather. The Germans, are her paternal grandfather, and step-grandmother, and the Bridges are her maternal grandmother and step-grandfather. I get all of the grandparents confused sometimes. I'd also read the following, which lead me to believe that she'd lived with both. That's not uncommon. I've one that calls our house, "home".

[FONT=&amp]Liberty was raised by her grandparents, Michael and Becky Patty, and her father, Derrick German, who live in Delphi. [/FONT][FONT=&amp]‘K**** is the oldest girl and then Libby, from C’s first marriage,’ the grandfather said. ‘Then there’s *advertiser censored***** and today is her birthday. [/FONT]

http://www.breakingnewstime.com/exc...tation-as-police-say-were-back-to-square-one/

One of the male relatives told a reporter that they/Libby may have decided to go see her mother in KY. This had nothing to do with SM.
I totally missed this part of the story. Thanks, GangaMa. [emoji274]

This new (to me) facet changes things for me and raises questions.

1 Do we know if Libby did that often?

2 How would she have gotten there? ...back?

3 Wouldn't she have coordinated with her grandparents?

4 Have Libby's grandparents commented on this relative's statement?

5 Do we know if this relative told this to LE on the 13th?

6 Did the girls have school the next day?

The above is just my opinion.

The comments by the family member were ponderings..like maybe they ...fill in the blank.
I never took the comment as a statement of fact but more of a trying to come up with ideas to calm their fears.
JMO

I totally missed this part of the story. Thanks, GangaMa. [emoji274]

This new (to me) facet changes things for me and raises questions.

1 Do we know if Libby did that often?

2 How would she have gotten there? ...back?

3 Wouldn't she have coordinated with her grandparents?

4 Have Libby's grandparents commented on this relative's statement?

5 Do we know if this relative told this to LE on the 13th?

6 Did the girls have school the next day?

The above is just my opinion.

I wonder what the last 24-48 hours were like for the girls. Was someone watching or following the home? Abby spent that previous night at Libby's house.

Or maybe one of the girls revealed something to the other and it bothered someone. Did someone have a grudge?

If it's not a serial killer and it's local, I have to feel it's not a spontaneous double homicide. Sometimes knowing what exactly transpired during those final few days brings many things into perspective.

Please bump this periodically. Thanks :heartbeat:

The Blue Moose is adding one of Libby's favorite sayings to their new mobile van and will be at the Celebration of Life event, story below

"...Libby's favorite saying was "There is always time for Ice Cream"

"The family came across her time capsule that she had written. It said that she had gotten a job at The Blue Moose and it was fun at first but the smell of pretzels all day starts to stink after awhile. We so wish this young lady would have had the opportunity to work at The Blue Moose. We would have loved to had her as part of our team.

...we are going Mobile with The Moose...we feel with what we been told by Libby's family and how much she loved The Moose it is only right to add her saying to The Moose Mobile and remember the girls on it as well. They will be with us wherever we go."

https://www.facebook.com/bluemooseyogurt/posts/1225768330874921

Abby and Libby Celebration of Life May 13th

https://www.facebook.com/events/1130937567033151/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads