IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And they did not think they were in danger. Did they think they were safe somewhere then? Or suspect they were with someone they knew? Two young girls disappear but police call off the search? Did they have a reason to think they had run away perhaps?
Hi Shiressleuth. I've wondered about all these things too. A mess of threads ago, I think I posted that maybe this decision is why LEOs were so visibly shaken at early PCs. 😢

I'm guessing they acted on experience and intuition in making that decision, and I bet that works well in the vast majority of their cases.

What a heavy burden that must be for them. I feel sad for all aspects of this case.

It's also possible that is the clearest portion of his voice, and that the rest is muffled. She'd had to have stuck the phone in a coat pocket to try and hide it from him. So it would probably be muffled, and probably what can be heard, they may wish to shield the public, or even not release it out of respect for the families, if it would be of no use to the public.
I think maybe he took the phone and didn't realize it was recording.
I do not think her phone was found.
Jmo

I've learnt where A lived by looking at the obit and also the land tax map, which are both public record. But I'm a dummy cos some people knew this as early as 13 Feb. So Ghost, you and I are both idiots it seems. No offence intended.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss! Lol!!! Thanks for the reply!!

Imo, there is no way BG left the girls alive. I think he probably kiled them soon after the video. Searching all night would not have saved their lives and could have resulted in injuries to searchers, more lost people, etc...jmo

Imo, there is no way BG left the girls alive. I think he probably kiled them soon after the video. Searching all night would not have saved their lives and could have resulted in injuries to searchers, more lost people, etc...jmo

Agree.

The search was called off at midnight, IIRC, and the girls were deceased by that time (per the petition to seal the autopsies).

moo

That is very likely, and in hindsight, so many things may have been done differently if anyone could have known how bad this was going to be. There is no use blaming anyone other than the person who did this to the girls.

There are no perfect children and there are no perfect parents. We learn as we go. This is such a hard lesson, and it is not fair on any level.

Let's focus on what we possibly can help with. ❤️

I can't recall where I heard it but it had to be on here. I don't follow sm on this
I think it came from the Daily Mail article where they had quotes from Libby's step-grandfather (Libby's mother's mother's latest husband) in Flora.

Agree.

The search was called off at midnight, IIRC, and the girls were deceased by that time (per the petition to seal the autopsies).

moo

Midnight?
I thought it was earlier for some reason.

Clearly some were still searching at 5 a.m. but not LE. Is that right?

That is very likely, and in hindsight, so many things may have been done differently if anyone could have known how bad this was going to be. There is no use blaming anyone other than the person who did this to the girls.

There are no perfect children and their are no perfect parents. We learn as we go. This is such a hard lesson, and it is not fair on any level.

Let's focus on what we possibly can help with. ❤️

This is one of the nicest posts I have read.

Agree.

moo
But they didn't know that at midnight, when LE called it off.

I just noticed that someone opened up the Zodiac Killer case on Websleuths and there are a few new posts. I put a post also. Could the Delphi case be a copycat case? Maybe I am just suspicious but what do some of you think about this?

ADMIN NOTE: Posts have been removed. Keep the following in mind - The family members of the girls are VICTIMS. So I don't care what may or may not be public record, do not dig or post dirt on those VICTIM family members.

I have also removed posts that are rumor or just plain misinformation from social media that have once again grown "fact" legs. I encourage all of you to sleuth your facts before posting and be prepared to present links to same. If you think your theory is based in fact, before posting it do a fact check to make sure you haven't mistaken a rumor as fact.

But they didn't know that at midnight, when LE called it off.

Correct but the original conversation started with people suggesting LE was so devastated because the girls might have been found alive.

That doesn't seem a possibility based on the timing as we now know it. I still think they were so upset because of what they saw when the bodies were discovered.

moo

I wonder what the girls' Facebook privacy settings were before this happened. Whether it was totally public, or if even "friends of friends" could see their posts. I remember back when I was about their age - like 17 years ago - We didn't heed our parents' advice about social media...although social media wasn't as huge then. In our minds, seemingly normal people were not out to get us, and then we of course thought we were smarter and more mature than the young teenagers we were. We were good kids, but trusting I guess. And looking back just..WOW!! Thank goodness some of these adult men that I talked to as friends (in my mind) lived far away! Because looking back that was not safe.

I rambled, ....But my main thought there is just that most young teens can be easily fooled and not realize how dangerous someone could really be..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PixelP