IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the killer is a local of at least minor prominence IMO his identity has been known to LE and inner circle for at least two months if not from the start. Maybe even the whole town IMO. The whole thing is baffling. What could possibly justify permitting such an ongoing threat?!

I have no inside info or local contacts, only relying on available info. IMO I figure many WSers have reached these same conclusions because the path is short, and IMO much of the sleuthosphere shares these conclusions.

The hand in the pocket and some see a limp or turned in foot? Maybe he has had a stroke in the past. Some stroke victims place their arm/wrist/thumb in a pocket or belt loop for control. His right hand is hidden which might make him left handed?

R they saying this to fool their true POI into being smug and maybe slipping up???

If they were to say 50 poi that would be enough to do it. But 500 poi with only 25 investigators working on the case is very questionable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm originally from a small farming community in Illinois. Just across the border and not too terribly far from Delphi. (We went to Lafayette at least once a week.) I know if this horrible murder happened in my town and it was national news, I'd suspect people would be talking to reporters. Would see quotes in the Chicago Tribute, etc.

Perhaps reporters aren't visiting the town and talking to locals. That could be one reason we aren't hearing their opinions and voices.

However, this horrible double homicide was national news for at least 2-3 weeks and yet the silence from Delphi is puzzling. At least to me. You could be very correct that there is word on the street we aren't privy to.

Just curious, what do you think they'd talk to reporters about?

I was just on social media and reading a thread where people were complaining about this case and the fact that it hasn't been solved. I've seen people crying "cover up" and conspiracy. What I find interesting is that, in almost every instance of this I see, it's coming from non-locals. By and large, I am finding that the locals to Delphi (including the family members of he girls) are generally optimistic and pro-LE. In their interviews, they've expressed faith and come across as feeling encouraged. That is in vast contrast to online reactions I've seen from non-locals. It's all neither here nor there, of course, just an observation.

I have another thought. LE stated they surmise the individual responsible for the murders has/have been following the case. Sorry I don't have a link but that was a recent comment by one LE officer. Given that suggestion, perhaps people are actually terrified of being photographed, quoted, having their name used, etc for fear of them or their family member becoming the next target. Two helpless girls have already been killed. So far no one is in custody. If I lived in that small town I would be looking over my shoulder any time I was alone and wondering if I was being watched. This is a horrible nightmare for that community. IMO

I'm originally from a small farming community in Illinois. Just across the border and not too terribly far from Delphi. (We went to Lafayette at least once a week.) I know if this horrible murder happened in my town and it was national news, I'd suspect people would be talking to reporters. Would see quotes in the Chicago Tribute, etc.

Perhaps reporters aren't visiting the town and talking to locals. That could be one reason we aren't hearing their opinions and voices.

However, this horrible double homicide was national news for at least 2-3 weeks and yet the silence from Delphi is puzzling. At least to me. You could be very correct that there is word on the street we aren't privy to.

I agree the gait, the downward facing head, how he holds his arms are his defining features. Those mannerisms make him stand out.

The hand in the pocket and some see a limp or turned in foot? Maybe he has had a stroke in the past. Some stroke victims place their arm/wrist/thumb in a pocket or belt loop for control. His right hand is hidden which might make him left handed?

The suspects photo looks so much like someone close to the girls it's surreal. Every time I see the guy in pictures and compare it to BG it hits me like a ton of bricks. It's either the most unfortunate coincidence in the world that the killer is his doppelganger, or something much worse. Maybe I'm hallucinating, but I've seen many comments elsewhere that agree with me. This case is extremely frustrating. I assume those close to the victims have airtight alibis. But we don't know. LE has the gifts of a photo & voice of the killer from the murdered victims on the day they died. Yet it seems nothing's come of it.

Which BG photo does this person resemble, because all three BG pictures look so different from each other? The new/old photo and the second (less distributed) photo look more alike than the one that was used on the billboards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, I think the community has been very supportive. Giving tips and assisting the families. Most locals know the cod imo, but I believe they are respecting the families and LE by not spreading it. I don't think this small town is loving the huge media presence either. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This last bit never occurred to me. There might be what we perceive to be a bit of a wall of Slsilence from Delphi, and it could be just for the reason you said. Perhaps they don't want the media attention.

In that case I mentioned in an earlier post, the family went to the media on a regular basis and were extremely vocal on Facebook. It could be that this collective reaction from Delphi is different just because they dislike the idea of the media. That's a great observation. Thank you so much!

I hope I did not sound blameful when about the reaction from the community. I meant no blame at all; rather I think it's odd that the reaction in my local town during its recent missing persons case has not come out in this Delphi case. I'm starting to think that the reaction here may have been the anomaly!

The above is just my opinion.

I don't think I'm thinking so much that locals would talk to reporters but more that they'd talk among themselves the way they did here when a local person went missing. There was crazy bickering and complaining. The spun-up, spiralling conspiracy theories and finger-pointing were bizarre. That's what I'm not seeing with Delphi. I'm starting to think that the reactions to the case here were the exception.

I was just on social media and reading a thread where people were complaining about this case and the fact that it hasn't been solved. I've seen people crying "cover up" and conspiracy. What I find interesting is that, in almost every instance of this I see, it's coming from non-locals. By and large, I am finding that the locals to Delphi (including the family members of he girls) are generally optimistic and pro-LE. In their interviews, they've expressed faith and come across as feeling encouraged. That is in vast contrast to online reactions I've seen from non-locals. It's all neither here nor there, of course, just an observation.
Anyone complaining is probably from my town. 😃 (They did exactly what you described during our local missing person's case.)

I have another thought. LE stated they surmise the individual responsible for the murders has/have been following the case. Sorry I don't have a link but that was a recent comment by one LE officer. Given that suggestion, perhaps people are actually terrified of being photographed, quoted, having their name used, etc for fear of them or their family member becoming the next target. Two helpless girls have already been killed. So far no one is in custody. If I lived in that small town I would be looking over my shoulder any time I was alone and wondering if I was being watched. This is a horrible nightmare for that community. IMO

Shoot, if we think we see BG everywhere, imagine their reactions. Yikes.

This last bit never occurred to me. There might be what we perceive to be a bit of a wall of Slsilence from Delphi, and it could be just for the reason you said. Perhaps they don't want the media attention.

Personally I think it's a little odd. No town really wants the media descending on them, but there are ALWAYS people who want to be in the middle of things. Busy bodies, teenagers, actual witnesses or whatever. There are always people willing to be interviewed to say "I knew the victim, he or she was nice, etc etc" I can see parents trying to keep a lid on their own teens, not letting them talk to the press and all, because there is someone who killed two teenagers out there still and any attention could make them a target. But those busybodies just don't go away usually!

So my guess is that either even the locals just have no idea, other than very unsubstantiated rumors, or maybe the cops have asked the press to not spill too many beans and for whatever reason the press is cooperating for once.

I would think reporters would ask basic security questions:

"A killer is on the loose, how is the community taking precautions?"

"Do you think it's a serial killer familiar with Delphi or someone from out of the area?"

It's possible local TV stations and newspapers have asked these questions. I no longer live in the midwest and I may very well be missing smaller interviews. One would also think there would be coverage of Delphi in larger publications.

This is a highly unusual double murder (8th graders :( ) and it's a bit puzzling the lack of local coverage in certain publications. That being said, news coverage and stories move much faster than they did even 10 years ago. One day you have a double homicide, the next you have a huge meth bust in Indy. With fast moving news, it's probably now the norm not to have a lot of local coverage. Although it is interesting even the lack of local chatter on social media.

Did Abby not have a phone? It seems that I have only heard of Libby's...

I have followed this case from the beginning. I live a little more than an hour south of Delphi.

I met ISP Superintendent, Doug Carter today. He was at a dedication ceremony and a guest speaker. He eloquently spoke about the challenges we face in our communities. He touched on the heroine epidemic to keeping our friends and family safe from the ugliness (paraphrasing here). He is so passionate and expressive. He spoke from the heart and with pride about his job.

After the event, we moved to our police/court building. I shook his hand and thanked him for his service. I showed him the flyer of Libby, Abby and of BG. I told him how patrons that come to my window express sorrow and anger when they see the flyer. He pointed right at BG and said "we're gonna get that guy". I told him we keep an orange porch light burning every night for these girls. He said "God Bless you" and I said it back.

I just wanted to share my experience with him. He was gracious and humble. There is a lesson that I learned from him today. Look after one another and be kind. Love our friends, families and communities.

Prayers continue for Abby, Libby, their families and law enforcement.

Personally I think it's a little odd. No town really wants the media descending on them, but there are ALWAYS people who want to be in the middle of things. Busy bodies, teenagers, actual witnesses or whatever. There are always people willing to be interviewed to say "I knew the victim, he or she was nice, etc etc" I can see parents trying to keep a lid on their own teens, not letting them talk to the press and all, because there is someone who killed two teenagers out there still and any attention could make them a target. But those busybodies just don't go away usually!

So my guess is that either even the locals just have no idea, other than very unsubstantiated rumors, or maybe the cops have asked the press to not spill too many beans and for whatever reason the press is cooperating for once.

Look what happened to the one person who did go on television and talk to reporters. If I lived there and saw what happened to RL, I would keep my mouth shut and sit on my hands too.

Did Abby not have a phone? It seems that I have only heard of Libby's...

I have never read anything to suggest Abbey had a phone yet I know she used to borrow her mum's camera to take photos from an article. We don't know if she had that camera with her on that tragic day.

I met ISP Superintendent, Doug Carter today. He was at a dedication ceremony and a guest speaker. He eloquently spoke about the challenges we face in our communities. He touched on the heroine epidemic to keeping our friends and family safe from the ugliness (paraphrasing here). He is so passionate and expressive. He spoke from the heart and with pride about his job.

Thank you for your post. I FELT his anger, passion, compassion and heartbreak at the press conference in February. Same can be said for Sgt. Perrine at the families' first PC and Capt. Bursten and their passion/empathy. Sadly, I have never been moved by or noticed much (any?) passion and emotion from Sheriff Leazenby. His own backyard... I just shrug my shoulders. But, yeah, Doug Carter is a gem of a human.

So if Abby lived close to the bridge, she wouldn't need to be picked up necessarily, unless she was staying over again, at Libby's, but that would've been unlikely imo as it was a school day the next day presumably?

Maybe Libby was being picked up at Abby's. How could we know...
Question is, how did he know...they were going to be there. There's no way this was random. Or opportunistic. I just can't get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE