IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look what happened to the one person who did go on television and talk to reporters. If I lived there and saw what happened to RL, I would keep my mouth shut and sit on my hands too.

Listen, RL was/is someone who disregarded the law. Multiple times. Got caught a few times. Blew off the probation restrictions. And lied to LE in a double homicide investigation of two teenage girls. Screw him. Choices.

But, anyway, I think Delphi is quiet for a mix of reasons but mostly out of fear. <mod snip>

Listen, RL was/is someone who disregarded the law. Multiple times. Got caught a few times. Blew off the probation restrictions. And lied to LE in a double homicide investigation of two teenage girls. Screw him. Choices.

But, anyway, I think Delphi is quiet for a mix of reasons but mostly out of fear. <mod snip>.

But you do understand LE and the media made RL the circus act to this murder. A 3-ring circus in a way. Yes, he has a drinking problem, but that's a different case from a double homicide. They made him front and center at least 2 times in the orange jumpsuit and dramatic entrance to court. Many people won't be able to decipher he's there for a drinking problem and not a double homicide.

Apologies, but your tone to Suglo seems harsh. Perhaps you didn't mean it that way and I'm sure you didn't. I do see how locals may not want to talk for fears. But I will say, you usually have those willing to speak and in this case there are none. That's fine as well. Simply an observation I've had for a bit.

Thank you for your post. I FELT his anger, passion, compassion and heartbreak at the press conference in February. Same can be said for Sgt. Perrine at the families' first PC and Capt. Bursten and their passion/empathy. Sadly, I have never been moved by or noticed much (any?) passion and emotion from Sheriff Leazenby. His own backyard... I just shrug my shoulders. But, yeah, Doug Carter is a gem of a human.

You're welcome :). I met Capt. Dave Burstein today and although I spoke to him, that conversation was not relevant to the girls.

I agree with all your points. It's a gentle reminder that these men and women in law enforcement need included in our thoughts and prayers. The struggles and aggravation they must have are a heavy burden to bear.

But you do understand LE and the media made RL the circus act to this murder. A 3-ring circus in a way. Yes, he has a drinking problem, but that's a different case from a double homicide. They made him front and center at least 2 times in the orange jumpsuit and dramatic entrance to court. Many people won't be able to decipher he's there for a drinking problem and not a double homicide.

Apologies, but your tone to Suglo seems harsh. Perhaps you didn't mean it that way and I'm sure you didn't. I do see how locals may not want to talk for fears. But I will say, you usually have those willing to speak and in this case there are none. That's fine as well. Simply an observation I've had for a bit.

Oh, for sure that's my Friday night Pinot Grigio attitude coming out a little about RL. I won't belabor the discussion at hand about the girls by giving my additional thoughts/feelings about him. Yes, I do agree media coverage of him was something to behold. A perfect storm of some horrible stuff for him. Feel empathy for the disease, but none for the choices to drive under the influence. And even less empathy and respect for the lying to LE during the investigation.

Oh, for sure that's my Friday night Pinot Grigio attitude coming out a little about RL. I won't belabor the discussion at hand about the girls by giving my additional thoughts/feelings about him. Yes, I do agree media coverage of him was something to behold. A perfect storm of some horrible stuff for him. Feel empathy for the disease, but none for the choices to drive under the influence.

Agree. And yes, drinking and driving under the influence is never excusable.

So if Abby lived close to the bridge, she wouldn't need to be picked up necessarily, unless she was staying over again, at Libby's, but that would've been unlikely imo as it was a school day the next day presumably?

Idk exactly how close she lived to the bridge, but as a mother in central Indiana, I would be giving my kid's friend a ride even if it was just a few blocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But, anyway, I think Delphi is quiet for a mix of reasons but mostly out of fear. <mod snip>

<mod snip>. Very interesting. I can't imagine what it would be like to live around there now. Just know I pray for you all and hope they catch who is responsible soon so people won't have to live in fear.

You're welcome :). I met Capt. Dave Burstein today and although I spoke to him, that conversation was not relevant to the girls.

I agree with all your points. It's a gentle reminder that these men and women in law enforcement need included in our thoughts and prayers. The struggles and aggravation they must have are a heavy burden to bear.
Agreed. I couldn't do it, not even for a day.

The above is just my opinion.

Yes, agree! It's been an interesting journey for me personally. The murders of these girls really affected me...profoundly. Prior to the first press conference, I had been pretty cynical about LE given what we have been seeing across the country recently, particularly the tensions between people of color and LE. And then this happened. And I listened to Doug Carter, and I saw Sgt. Perrine fight back tears. And now I read each despicable headline about some man abusing and/or killing a child with a different lens. I've changed. I am now aware, whereas before I didn't consider, the heavy burdens they bear by what they have seen...heard...know.

Idk exactly how close she lived to the bridge, but as a mother in central Indiana, I would be giving my kid's friend a ride even if it was just a few blocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe she lived outside of Delphi. I doubt parents/grandparents want young teens walking down the side of rural roads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just my opinion but I have great respect for the citizens of Delphi. By that I mean I sense SM are craving for additional sensationalism and nobody is giving that to them. That allows LE and the girls' immediate family to continue to speak to the public with a consistent and urgently positive focus and that's the way it should be.

I contrast this to, for example, the Casey Anthony case and it's happenings that became a form of virtual entertainment for the masses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have followed this case from the beginning. I live a little more than an hour south of Delphi.

I met ISP Superintendent, Doug Carter today. He was at a dedication ceremony and a guest speaker. He eloquently spoke about the challenges we face in our communities. He touched on the heroine epidemic to keeping our friends and family safe from the ugliness (paraphrasing here). He is so passionate and expressive. He spoke from the heart and with pride about his job.

After the event, we moved to our police/court building. I shook his hand and thanked him for his service. I showed him the flyer of Libby, Abby and of BG. I told him how patrons that come to my window express sorrow and anger when they see the flyer. He pointed right at BG and said "we're gonna get that guy". I told him we keep an orange porch light burning every night for these girls. He said "God Bless you" and I said it back.

I just wanted to share my experience with him. He was gracious and humble. There is a lesson that I learned from him today. Look after one another and be kind. Love our friends, families and communities.

Prayers continue for Abby, Libby, their families and law enforcement.

Very nice sentiment. If only human beings would be nicer to each other, it would change our world for the better. "Come on people now, smile on your brother, everybody get together, try to love one another right now".
The Youngbloods 1967

The hand in the pocket and some see a limp or turned in foot? Maybe he has had a stroke in the past. Some stroke victims place their arm/wrist/thumb in a pocket or belt loop for control. His right hand is hidden which might make him left handed?
Maybe his right hand, the last two fingers were nubs. No fingernails.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Did Abby not have a phone? It seems that I have only heard of Libby's...

I wonder about this too. Also, being a victim of family member SA myself at age 5 or 6 which resurfaced to my memory when I was about age 12, and again a victim of SA by non-family acquaintance in my teens, I wonder if Libby or Abby were victim (s) too and the killer felt he had to silence them before they spoke up about it? Being best friends, one may have shared this info with the other so both knew, had talked about it, maybe the perp of SA against them knew they were talking and decided to shut them both up before they got him into big trouble? Did Libby or Abby babysit for anyone? Do any yard or farm or pet care work fof anyone? Sell or fundraise to any neighbors? Have older family members who may have victimized them in the past? Maybe a "trusted" person had taken advantage of them and they were nearing ready to report it? Hence Libby filming him when he appeared, knowing he was an abuser? It happens to girls of all ages, sometimes repeatedly, especially if there is no Dad present to protect them. Thoughts???

I wonder about this too. Also, being a victim of family member SA myself at age 5 or 6 which resurfaced to my memory when I was about age 12, and again a victim of SA by non-family acquaintance in my teens, I wonder if Libby or Abby were victim (s) too and the killer felt he had to silence them before they spoke up about it? Being best friends, one may have shared this info with the other so both knew, had talked about it, maybe the perp of SA against them knew they were talking and decided to shut them both up before they got him into big trouble? Did Libby or Abby babysit for anyone? Do any yard or farm or pet care work fof anyone? Sell or fundraise to any neighbors? Have older family members who may have victimized them in the past? Maybe a "trusted" person had taken advantage of them and they were nearing ready to report it? Hence Libby filming him when he appeared, knowing he was an abuser? It happens to girls of all ages, sometimes repeatedly, especially if there is no Dad present to protect them. Thoughts???

Yes. Yes. And yes. I have thought this for a while and I think BG is someone very close to one of the families.

Had a long work day today.. apologies if this has been said already.. I'd have to look back at obituaries not sure where or if Abby & Libby were laid to rest at a cemetery? Curious if they are buried if LE has cameras at or near cemetery? I could see the maybe visiting there? Ugh.. this case makes me so ill. I keep telling myself look away.. I CAN'T.
Justice will prevail. If not today or tomorrow... Eventually!! NoOne has the right to take anyone's life. PERIOD.
Rant over. 15 hour day. Goodnight folks.

If there is no evidence of rape in the deaths of the girls, perhaps one could consider that the girls saw something they shouldn't have. I can think of many possibilities, KKK, militia, hidden meth lab, mj grow, well hidden underground activity. I also would expect that acres of this area have been searched, however.
JMO, nothing more.

Had a long work day today.. apologies if this has been said already.. I'd have to look back at obituaries not sure where or if Abby & Libby were laid to rest at a cemetery? Curious if they are buried if LE has cameras at or near cemetery? I could see the maybe visiting there? Ugh.. this case makes me so ill. I keep telling myself look away.. I CAN'T.
Justice will prevail. If not today or tomorrow... Eventually!! NoOne has the right to take anyone's life. PERIOD.
Rant over. 15 hour day. Goodnight folks.

Interesting thought.

According to FindAGrave they are both buried at

IOOF Memorial Gardens
Also known as: Pittsburg IOOF Cemetery

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/...bigail&GSiman=1&GScid=2217526&GRid=176393063&

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/...all&GSdyrel=all&GSob=n&GRid=176393027&df=all&

I have tremendous respect for the authorities and every single person connected to this case who did not divulge how the girls died.

Thank you for the dignity, respect and love shown to Libby and Abby

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

in many parts of the country, young people taking hikes or walking down rural roads is considered normal....

sad commentary that our society and its outliers have caused so much fear and paranoia that what used to be considered normal is now risky...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member