IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, they were black. :happydance:Sorry, late here.
scared.gif

I wish I knew but as they didn't discuss it I am not sure we could even find out. And, in regards to RL's property I am not sure if there was any discussion about that, so we probably can't make any assumptions about the Mears place on that either.
The property maps have been linked on here several times and I have got familiar with them. I am pretty sure the silo and barn are on Mears land. Could someone link them again so we can check again? TIA.

What if the SW they had covered any areas RL used? Let's say it's a known fact or agreement that RL uses the barn. Even if it's not an agreement with the Mears Barn owners but during the SW they see say RLs truck there would the SW cover that?

Other sources discuss the "M" property and why it may be of interest. IMO

Hi Giving, the barn that I am talking about is over the newscaster's left shoulder as he is talking. That is the barn across the street from the Logan property.
It is my understanding that that is the Mears farm.

Just to follow up I rechecked the Carroll County Assessors Map: https://beacon.schneidercorp.com/Application.aspx?AppID=377&LayerID=5553&PageTypeID=1&PageID=0

That property across from RL's is the Mears Farm. You can see the name on the graphic. RL's is across the street (below on this map with the cemetery to the left).

attachment.php

Attachments

• mears1.png
    mears1.png
    171.1 KB · Views: 293
I quoted myself for context.

Like one of these, and you can see from a long ways away. He could've known exactly where every warm body in that area was, where their warm vehicles were parked, and if any unanticipated witnesses were outside in the area. This is an example from their website, but you can see further than this:

View attachment 116490
Do LE have one of these? They look great for use in searches.

Hi Giving, the barn that I am talking about is over the newscaster's left shoulder as he is talking. That is the barn across the street from the Logan property.
It is my understanding that that is the Mears farm.

Watch this one. At 0:50 you can see the black search dog searching RL's barn. Maybe you are confusing his driveway for the 300 Nth Road?

[video=youtube;Y5IhtGy7d8A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5IhtGy7d8A&list=PLbU9zHKD2wzCq_1rlTvhVDEOVtxlm0wWw&index=27[/video]

Websight says Nighty-night!:eek:fftobed: Thanks to all that helped with my search warrant questions/discussion.

Sleuth on and solve it by morning, won't you? Thx! :fence:

K-9
Carroll County has one K-9 working for our department. We are currently taking donations to try to get another one. If you would like to make a dontation Please send to:
Carroll County Sheriff's Office
310 W Main
Delphi, IN 46923
Our K-9 program is ran mostly by donations from the community.

http://www.cacoshrf.com/k9

Just to follow up I rechecked the Carroll County Assessors Map: https://beacon.schneidercorp.com/Application.aspx?AppID=377&LayerID=5553&PageTypeID=1&PageID=0

That property across from RL's is the Mears Farm. You can see the name on the graphic. RL's is across the street (below on this map with the cemetery to the left).

attachment.php

Right. Mears' is a different property. We see RL's barn, house and outbuildings in the video. RL's address is an even number. Mears's address is an odd number. So they are on opposite sides of 300 N.

Now its known internationally. I just cannot understand why RL was made into a media circus but the Mears farm barn search was unmentioned by media or LE. Why would that be?

Not necessarily related, but I've found RL and the 3-ring circus surrounding him very interesting and surprising. After all, it's for his drinking violations, right? But in a way, they made him the face of this case with the dramatic entrances into court. Shackles, etc.

Maybe the theatrics centered around RL are for a reason. Could be to deflect the case onto someone or for good reason. We don't know. But the circus surrounding him was dramatic. Like Lifetime movie dramatic.

Earlier I had read on the thread someone say that LE had not initially suspected foul play. I believe this is where that thought may have come from, but this was from *before* the girls were found dead. It was Monday night, when they were still missing, at which time LE didn't believe there was cause for a lot of alarm. jmo

A press release published at 12:09 a.m. Tuesday indicated police did not initially suspect foul play. Search parties regrouped Tuesday morning at the Delphi Fire Department to begin looking for the girls.
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/2017/02/14/search-continues-missing-carroll-co-girls/97885722/

They're cool! And they're pricey but something an outdoorsy guy or hunter might save up for. Or a really smart killer. :-( If someone were thinking of ways to know everything that was going on around them for a distance, that'd be a really good (bad) tool.

For an idea, the one I have cost just under 600 and it's that same version I believe. There are cheaper ones that still are okay and then there's super duper ones that get really expensive.

Lots of people are interested in them now. Especially hunters, or any outdoorsy person, or for random reasons - I help find local lost dogs.

O/T. I use my thermal imager to ghost hunt. Look for heat and cold signatures

RL's potential for involvement:
  • He lives within sight of the bridge
  • He was seen nearby at the transfer station shorty before the girls arrived at the bridge.
  • He is familiar with the area where the girls were that day (has lived in the immediate area 53 years)
  • He is familiar with the area where the girls were found (his property)
  • He said he knew both families
  • He lied about his whereabouts
  • He is known to disregard the law
ETA: I am presently not of the opinion that RL is involved but I'm definitely remaining open to the possibility.
those are excellent examples. you took the words right out of my mouth.

Regarding the search dogs when the girls were still missing. I wonder what type of K9s these were:

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/2017/02/14/search-continues-missing-carroll-co-girls/97885722/
http://macombpolice.com/mpd-k-9/ [FONT=&quot]Officer Wiley’s K-9 is a German Shepard named Kappes. K-9 Kappes has been in service since Feburary 2012. K-9 Kappes is currently trained in tracking, article detection, and narcotic detection.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Officer Tedrow’s K-9 is a Belgian Malinois named Landres. K-9 Landres has been in service since July of 2011. K-9 Landres is currently trained in article detection and narcotic detection.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

So le is not telling us the truth? Couldn't they have said everyone is a suspect and we are not ruling anyone out instead of saying rl is not a suspect? I just have trouble with the idea le is deliberately misleading us. That's not a good thought.
one of our verified attorneys posted earlier on the thread that protocol for LE these days is to say someone is not a suspect even if they are. they also said that LE is even moving away from using the term POI.

so no, they are not misleading us. rarely does LE name a suspect prior to an arrest. it could greatly compromise their investigation.

LE is also still waiting on the results from evidence at a state lab.

Watch this one. At 0:50 you can see the black search dog searching RL's barn. Maybe you are confusing his driveway for the 300 Nth Road?

[video=youtube;Y5IhtGy7d8A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5IhtGy7d8A&list=PLbU9zHKD2wzCq_1rlTvhVDEOVtxlm0wWw&index=27[/video]

Okay, my understanding is this: where the news teams are standing is 300 N. As you are looking down RL's property is to the right and the Mears property is to the left. The camera crews were not allowed to go any closer than that spot where that reporter is standing, it was restricted by LE vehicles. There is only one barn visible at this view and that is the Mears barn. The close-up looks to be the same shape as well. RL's barn would be to the right and would be obscured by trees from where the camera man is standing. Also with RL's barn being to the right of the road, if the camera man could see the barn, the video would show LE and the dog entering to the right not the left (remembering that the camera crews had to stay on that road). The very next frame is back on RL's property. That is the best I can explain it.

I have also seen other pictures of the Mears barn and these shots coincide.

Of course I am always willing to be wrong and corrected if need be. :fence:

those are excellent examples. you took the words right out of my mouth.

Considering the dozens of pleas by LE for tips to help solve the case, I hope nobody is discouraged from keeping an open mind and forwarding information about whoever they think might be responsible. The risk of focusing only on one person is it leaves the wrong impression that this case is solved, in spite of LE commenting numerous times and as recently as last week that it's not.

Considering they had already had to move RL to another facility for his own safety, I'll continue to believe safety was a concern.

Or, there is the more cynical suggestion that he wanted face time because he's up for re-election.
Hi Jax49, where was that stated as fact he was moved for his own safety? I really could have missed that I just remember a lot of speculation for his transferring around.

The other part part may very well be true about re election, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME