IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mears Family Farm - Mears East Farm #1 - Buildings - House - Garage - Boxcar - Shop - Corn Crib - Sweitzer Barn - Tool Shed - Spring House - Poultry House - Privy.

Edit: Not a poultry house privy.

Deer Creek Rural Historic District.jpg

I'm going to have to go look up info about that case now.

At first I really didn't think too much about the transient theory - I still don't think it's most likely, just IMO, but it still totally could be.

It's totally possible that someone could be squatting in someone's backyard shed or barn for a short time and the homeowner not realize it.

I just don't think he is dressed like a transient/drifter..just an outdoor average guy... But then what do transients wear? They wear whatever they can get or find...So they could be wearing anything right?

If we just knew a LITTLE more. :-(

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_9f53101a-199f-11e7-b5f4-a3a21ffea83d.html

[FONT=&quot]An entrance to the Monon High Bridge Trail area in Carroll County has been barred to keep the public out, and people will now have to walk twice as far to explore the area.

snip

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mears’ grandson and his family will be moving into the home his grandfather lived in for more than 50 years, and he expressed concerns about safety and people parking there at all hours, Corson and McCain said.[/FONT]

Earlier I had read on the thread someone say that LE had not initially suspected foul play. I believe this is where that thought may have come from, but this was from *before* the girls were found dead. It was Monday night, when they were still missing, at which time LE didn't believe there was cause for a lot of alarm. jmo

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/2017/02/14/search-continues-missing-carroll-co-girls/97885722/

I think part of the confusion is some of the news reports updated the story online after the girls were found but left parts of the original report in place. Sloppy updating leads people reading them now to be confused.

I'm going to have to go look up info about that case now.

At first I really didn't think too much about the transient theory - I still don't think it's most likely, just IMO, but it still totally could be.

It's totally possible that someone could be squatting in someone's backyard shed or barn for a short time and the homeowner not realize it.

I just don't think he is dressed like a transient/drifter..just an outdoor average guy... But then what do transients wear? They wear whatever they can get or find...So they could be wearing anything right?

If we just knew a LITTLE more. :-(

I wish I could find an image of GMH in his hunting attire, but couldn't. He does look neat and clean here: IMG_0179.JPG

FWIW. (This is a downright scary case and so was the hunt for Gary Michael Hilton, for those of us who followed it).

No one wants to hear that optimism is low in a child murder case. I do not believe LE would want to tell the community this unless it was true. The LEO could have easily said "we are still optimistic." But that is not what he said. Jmo

Do LE have one of these? They look great for use in searches.

I definitely don't know how common it is, but I bet that at least higher level LE probably uses them some since they work so well.. Since I know of more than one lost dog volunteer here who has one, I'm betting that organized people search groups use them a lot! Totally a great tool.

This is a callous thing for RL to say:“Maybe in the future no one else will be murdered in my backyard,” Logan told Carroll Superior Judge Kurtis Fouts, apparently to the surprise of his own attorney, when asked if he wished to speak up for himself.What's that got to do with his probation violations.He did that on his own accord.I truly wonder about this man. http://fox59.com/2017/04/10/delphi-...early-four-years-in-jail-for-traffic-charges/

I wish I could find an image of GMH in his hunting attire, but couldn't. He does look neat and clean here: View attachment 116501

FWIW. (This is a downright scary case and so was the hunt for Gary Michael Hilton, for those of us who followed it).

Wow!! From what I've read so far that is so horrible and heartbreaking!! :-(

I see some photos of him looking like a total weirdo but then others where he would look like a normal guy to a person who didn't know what he'd done.

This is a callous thing for RL to say:“Maybe in the future no one else will be murdered in my backyard,” Logan told Carroll Superior Judge Kurtis Fouts, apparently to the surprise of his own attorney, when asked if he wished to speak up for himself.What's that got to do with his probation violations.He did that on his own accord.I truly wonder about this man.

I know. That was pretty bad. It didn't help him at all in the court of public opinion.

Anyway, hang in there. This quote from Anna Williams, gives me renewed energy to keep reading about the Delphi girls and focusing.

From Abby's mom, Anna:

It's difficult for her to confide in her friends, Williams said, explaining that with a criminal death, as opposed to an accidental one, "There is so much you can't talk about ... the grieving process is so much different."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/families-slain-indiana-teens-faith-killer-caught/story?id=47205977

Wow!! From what I've read so far that is so horrible and heartbreaking!! :-(

I see some photos of him looking like a total weirdo but then others where he would look like a normal guy to a person who didn't know what he'd done.

Exactly.

This is a callous thing for RL to say:“Maybe in the future no one else will be murdered in my backyard,” Logan told Carroll Superior Judge Kurtis Fouts, apparently to the surprise of his own attorney, when asked if he wished to speak up for himself.What's that got to do with his probation violations.He did that on his own accord.I truly wonder about this man. http://fox59.com/2017/04/10/delphi-...early-four-years-in-jail-for-traffic-charges/

It was, but I think RL is a foot-in-the-mouth type...especially when under pressure.

This is a callous thing for RL to say:“Maybe in the future no one else will be murdered in my backyard,” Logan told Carroll Superior Judge Kurtis Fouts, apparently to the surprise of his own attorney, when asked if he wished to .

Old men can be crotchety and say things that others might just keep to themselves...

but he did say "murder" and he did say "my backyard"....

4 yrs is a long time for parole violations....I still think he's a material witness and with his cooperation, and a successful trial of SOMEBODY he'll probably get released..

I want to just say something about old men....these guys that spend their lives working hard can still be very strong well into their 70's or past....also, a guy doesn't even have to be in great shape because a gun brings a lot of obedience...so I don't dismiss anybody due to their age or their fat gut....

My first thought, after hearing what RL said, was that he's not guilty of the murders. He sounded way too angry that some murderer came onto HIS land and ruined HIS life. Of course, that's exactly why he sounds insensitive, because HE'S not the victim here. Those girls are! HE violated his probation! He's mad, because without the murders, he likely never would have been caught violating his probation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know. That was pretty bad. It didn't help him at all in the court of public opinion.

Anyway, hang in there. This quote from Anna Williams, gives me renewed energy to keep reading about the Delphi girls and focusing.

From Abby's mom, Anna:

It's difficult for her to confide in her friends, Williams said, explaining that with a criminal death, as opposed to an accidental one, "There is so much you can't talk about ... the grieving process is so much different."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/families-slain-indiana-teens-faith-killer-caught/story?id=47205977

This is one of the reasons why I take everything I read from people with "family sources" with a grain of salt. There are lots of rumors on lots of sites at the moment, with people claiming that they are "friends" or even distant relatives of the girls. I honestly do NOT believe that the parents/grandparents are actually talking, however. IF they know anything more than we know, I believe they're keeping it to themselves to preserve the integrity of the case.

my point was that they were saying this at the same time they were searching his place for possible involvement in a double homicide. so in my opinion saying he is not a suspect means little...and couple that with the fact that LE rarely name a suspect prior to an arrest, it even means less.

I agree with you I feel he is more involved than police are saying. I have seen many occasions were police state they have no suspect and then suddenly there is an arrest and come to find out they knew for awhile who it was but were keeping their cards close to the vest...so to speak until they had built their case

one of our verified attorneys posted earlier on the thread that protocol for LE these days is to say someone is not a suspect even if they are. they also said that LE is even moving away from using the term POI.

so no, they are not misleading us. rarely does LE name a suspect prior to an arrest. it could greatly compromise their investigation.

LE is also still waiting on the results from evidence at a state lab.
I think you have to evaluate such a statement on a case by case basis and in context. LE has emphasized the statement by repeating it and using it to keep the public from overreacting to the search warrant, IMO. In addition, they're still begging for tips, confessing their lack of optimism, and hinting that none of the 500 people they've interviewed ("500 POIs") stands out as a suspect. Not even RL, who has been thoroughly vetted. So, taken in context, the statement "not a suspect" to me seems more definitive than it otherwise might be.

One note (since you've mentioned it before) about the test results: there is no attribution for the statement in the article. I could be wrong, but the reporter may be making an assumption without having contacted an actual source. How long has it been since the SW? Nearly 8 weeks? Surely, some results (the highest priority?) have come back by now. Even if they're not all back, I'd bet a bunch are. But that's just me, not that it matters.

It is interesting to me, the barn. Truly, I haven't entertained the search warrants much, since they don't seem to turn out any useful leads. However, I do wonder more about the Meer's property tonight, and RL's.

With that in mind, there had to be a reason for the SWs.

I am sure Skibaboo has recorded this Meers barn site on her map. (Thank you)

I know lots of folks have theorized they were driven away from the abduction site, something happened to them in the interim, and the girls were brought back to the final crime scene. That doesn't make sense to me.

Perhaps the evidence is of a lurker who had been hiding out there, in the barn, or RL's outbuildings, and left some items there.

I do hope the inverstigators are getting close, and every fiber of evidence counts.

I have questions about the barn. Since we can't reference sites and information that are not MSM-related, I have to be careful with what I say but I'll try to make this coherent. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that the girls WERE moved to a secondary location. And since the barn was searched, let's say that barn was involved. I have heard people refer to it as "abandoned" and so dark inside that you can't see your hand in front of your face (meaning that someone could have been walking or driving by and wouldn't have seen BG inside with the girls). However, it doesn't look abandoned to me. And I can see inside it just fine, even from the photos. So I am not necessarily buying that theory. I am not totally disregarding the idea of the girls being moved but it seems crazy to me that they would be moved and then returned to the same general place.

I think you have to evaluate such a statement on a case by case basis and in context. LE has emphasized the statement by repeating it and using it to keep the public from overreacting to the search warrant, IMO. In addition, they're still begging for tips, confessing their lack of optimism, and hinting that none of the 500 people they've interviewed ("500 POIs") stands out as a suspect. Not even RL, who has been thoroughly vetted. So, taken in context, the statement "not a suspect" to me seems more definitive than it otherwise might be.

One note (since you've mentioned it before) about the test results: there is no attribution for the statement in the article. I could be wrong, but the reporter may be making an assumption without having contacted an actual source. How long has it been since the SW? Nearly 8 weeks? Surely, some results (the highest priority?) have come back by now. Even if they're not all back, I'd bet a bunch are. But that's just me, not that it matters.
i tend to believe it since they said the location of the lab that is processing the forensic evidence. also just several weeks ago LE said that they have "some" of the results back but are waiting for others. the statement in the article yesterday seems to back that up..

Lately, I have not really seen many cases where LE calls anyone a specific or prime suspect, until they arrest them, come to think of it. And media is pretty careful as a rule too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*