IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately, I have not really seen many cases where LE calls anyone a specific or prime suspect, until they arrest them, come to think of it. And media is pretty careful as a rule too.
yes, our verified attorney posted today that it is standard protocol this days for LE not to call someone a suspect even if they are. i think the media is really careful to not use the word for liability purposes.

Lately, I have not really seen many cases where LE calls anyone a specific or prime suspect, until they arrest them, come to think of it. And media is pretty careful as a rule too.

Yes I have noticed this too in other cases. I really believe we are going to think the case has gone cold and an arrest is going to come as a huge unexpected shock. Law Enforcement are not going to rest until this monster is behind bars.

I know RL is going to keep coming up. He is safely tucked away in jail. While the new information that lead to the SW is sealed, it does give me pause.

Keep in mind the new information may have had nothing to do with him directly.

The girls' bodies were found on his property and there has been some excellent thoughts here the true killer may have been lurking the area.

What he was doing, how long he was there, I have no idea. Somehow this mysterious guy was there, though.

Someone earlier posted about the similarities to this crime and the crimes committed by Gary Michael Hilton, a transient serial killer who happened upon his victims.

I lean toward that thinking also.

Perhaps the suspect was a transient leaning on RL's property. There may be evidence to suggest that, but, if so, it's being held very close to the vest, and not only confusing the media, but the public as well. What in the world is being investigated here?

During the interview, Fox 59 anchors asked Leazenby about DNA, and the TV station's report said investigators acquired DNA evidence during the investigation of the case. However, Leazenby said he was speaking about physical evidence in general and not about DNA evidence in particular.

Kerri Cavanaugh, vice president of news for Fox 59 and CBS 4, said, "We stand by the interview."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...riff-clarifies-reports-dna-evidence/98351378/

“Some evidence testing has come back in, but not a lot of it,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said in an interview May 5, adding that he could not discuss particulars about that evidence that he previously said was sent to two locations – the Indiana State Police lab and the FBI lab in Quantico, Va.

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_h...bfaeb475d.html

Excellent points.

Just as an aside, a though that just occurred to me relating to evidence results still unknown, where I think it gets confusing if one chooses to believe that LE is not always truthful about the information they release to the public, it reaches a point were we cannot know what to believe is truthful and what is not.

Could someone give me a really, really good reason why RL could not possibly be involved in the murders?

yes, our verified attorney posted today that it is standard protocol this days for LE not to call someone a suspect even if they are. i think the media is really careful to not use the word for liability purposes.

LE has not publicly called anyone a suspect, that's correct.

That's quite different to announcing they have NO suspects while pleaing to the public for tips once or twice a week.

Could someone give me a really, really good reason why RL could not possibly be involved in the murders?

Only investigators could answer your question. The way I see it we're mere interested and concerned bystanders awaiting a break in the case. I don't care who it is as long as someone is rightly prosecuted for this despicable crime and hopefully sooner the better.

MOO

I don't necessarily hear exasperation or anger at that moment either...Although he of obviously had cruel murder on his mind, what I hear most in the clip is urgency, probably to get them further out of sight fast. And I bet the adrenaline was hitting him hard in those moments where he'd committed to executing his plan.

And yeah, If I randomly heard the clip of his voice without any context of knowing that he'd done something bad, I could imagine maybe my Dad would sound like that if there was some urgent reason to "get" somewhere. Like as in, "I'll explain, but go now." Although I can't think of any way he could've fooled them to get them down the hill, especially a stranger. And if they knew him that well I'm thinking too that they'd know who he was, and that one of the girls would have said his name or there would be audio that suggested it.

Just thinking...All totally just my own thoughts and opinions.

Ive been sleuthing here for years. Your first paragraph is really on point. IMO he was very close and he very quickly presented a weapon. His voice reflects his desire to have the girls obey quietly. You've stated "urgency" and that I believe IMO is exactly what it is.

O/T. I use my thermal imager to ghost hunt. Look for heat and cold signatures
O/T I think this is so interesting. I've always wanted to try it. What part Ky? I was born & raised in Western Ky. Have you done the Waverly institution ( I think that's the place, eastern ky)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

LE and the media don't call people suspects anymore because they don't want to get sued. Period. No one wants to take on an unnecessary risk of litigation.

https://twitter.com/DavidMacAnally/status/840406494109671427/photo/1

Police continue their investigation near Delphi crime scene Friday night. On Night beat
attachment.php

Okay, this photo is from the March 10 search. It looks like the same barn/grain bin. At the end of RL's driveway. Not the 300 N Road. Do the Mears and RL share the driveway? Or does Mears live across the road? Or should I go have a nice adult beverage and not pester y'all any more?

:loveyou:

Twitter photo first posted here on our forum.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-25&p=13220512#post13220512
That photo is taken looking East on the road called 300N. To the left (the grain bin and barn) is on the North side of 300N and it belongs to Mears Holding LLC. It is across the street from RL's property. RL's property is ONLY on the South side of 300N.

https://beacon.schneidercorp.com/Ap...ageTypeID=1&KeyValue=08-06-27-000-001.000-006

I don't feel LE are 'keeping their cards close' and 'building a case' right now. More power to them if they are...however, I don't think/feel they have too much to build on.

I definitely don't know how common it is, but I bet that at least higher level LE probably uses them some since they work so well.. Since I know of more than one lost dog volunteer here who has one, I'm betting that organized people search groups use them a lot! Totally a great tool.
The other fire company that was called out the night of the 13th to search is known to have an infrared camera/viewer. It is used to find fire within walls/floor joists, etc. It is not known, however, if they used it when searching.

LE and the media don't call people suspects anymore because they don't want to get sued. Period. No one wants to take on an unnecessary risk of litigation.

Very true, LE has not publicly identified a suspect in this case. Therefore the media has no information to report.

I think he was too busy that day breaking his probation violations by driving to take trash and going into Lafayette. I also can't see him murdering 2 people (1 who was 200 pounds) in about an hour without leaving more blood.

He seems like a sloppy man to me. This murder seems clean (at least where they were left) and calculated.

Whether LE makes an arrest in this case or not, it may not be a matter of their efforts. Something like 1/3 of all murders go unsolved.

Whether LE makes an arrest in this case or not, it may not be a matter of their efforts. Something like 1/3 of all murders go unsolved.

Very true. And now even more compared to years ago are solved. Sadly, if there ever was a time to commit a murder, it's probably now. Hard to type that, but I've thought it recently.

Actually, they have identified a suspect. BG..who is not RL.

That's enough for me.
True, BG is a suspect. BG <>RL, your opinion. BG possibly = RL, just as valid an opinion.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member