IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did both girls play the same sports or other extracurricular activities like band or science club? They could have come into contact with a father of child on their team or another team who started watching them through his child's social media, if they were posting their plans. I really believe he knew they were going to be there that day and followed them in. It doesn't appear this was someone they knew, so how did he know they were going to be there? And I don't think he lives in the town or someone would have recognized him. Question, are we allowed to sleuth RL?

Yes we are allowed to sleuth RL, we cannot however accuse him of the murders. See Tricias posts on page 1

Okay, Alethea (since you are back on now) or Gitana1. I am still trying to determine how it is that the Mears property was being searched the same day that RL's property was being searched via the SW. That was March 17th, IIRC. Like I said I am assuming that they were searching for anything regarding the murders, possibly having nothing to do with the Mears family themselves.

If they would have had to get a SW for the Mears property, then it bothers me that neither MSM nor LE stated that there were two searches via SWs that day, but led us to believe that it was RL only.

If LE was not required to have a search warrant to go and search the Mears property but could search on a verbal okay from the Mears family then, of course the MSM would not need report that. It would still puzzle me why they wouldn't simply state that LE was also searching the Mears Farm as well, that is still newsworthy, is it not?

I think LE definitely would have obtained a search warrant to search the Mears property. LE can ask for permission to search, but it's best practice to obtain the search warrant to make sure everything you find will be admissible in court later. There can be unexpected consequences if you search without a warrant. I'll find a post I wrote earlier about why you would obtain a search warrant even if you have permission.

Didn't LE say at some point that they executed many search warrants in this case? In your question, it could be as simple as the media showed up at RL's property and LE just spoke about the property they were standing in front of. This is why I usually try to focus on filed documents, since some things that seem significant may end up being human error, the personality of the specific LE officer speaking at the time, etc. (I realize there aren't any filed documents in this case so everyone is going off of what we can)

Margarita,TY for bringing these posts over. Enlightening frightening info.

Exactly. I would imagine the sheriff also wants to be visible in a high profile case. No one can accuse him of being AWOL should something happen (and he's probably never encountered this kind of attention to a case before, so he wants to make sure nothing does happen). Makes sense to me.

RL's probation violation is not a high profile case.

Oh how we long for this moment, "when he is arrested and interviewed"!
I hope they take him alive so that something can be learned about how to keep children safe from such blatant evilness. His parents might not have a clue to the secretive demon that comes to dinner at their house. Or maybe they do and they are afraid of him too.

I really wonder if, even though LE has been all over that plant, someone has been somehow more seed, past or present employee...all delivery drivers, etc etc

Thank you for your answer. I think that is very telling. Why the big news that RL's property was being searched but nothing said about the other at the same time right across the street.

I would hate to think that the MSM was sensationalizing the RL story by omitting the fact that another property owner had been served a search warrant and that property was being searched simultaneously. But IDK.

I mean the cameras were rolling and they even showed the LEO with dogs walking around the barn but they didn't think that was pertinent to distinguish the properties for the viewers? They interviewed LE on air and they also said nothing about two properties being searched. IMO They should have made that distinction as well, knowing the level of accusation RL was already facing on all fronts.

IMO, unless LE had another reason for keeping that info quiet and asked the press to do so, it seems purposely done for sensationalist reasons.

This just seems odd to me.
LE gave quite a few interviews to the press that day. they seemed to make it clear why they were there that day. the interviews are available on u tube. one is a unedited version. it is 5 minutes long. i don't remember what news station. if anyone was sensationalizing the search it was LE.

I think LE definitely would have obtained a search warrant to search the Mears property. LE can ask for permission to search, but it's best practice to obtain the search warrant to make sure everything you find will be admissible in court later. There can be unexpected consequences if you search without a warrant. I'll find a post I wrote earlier about why you would obtain a search warrant even if you have permission.

Didn't LE say at some point that they executed many search warrants in this case? In your question, it could be as simple as the media showed up at RL's property and LE just spoke about the property they were standing in front of. This is why I usually try to focus on filed documents, since some things that seem significant may end up being human error, the personality of the specific LE officer speaking at the time, etc. (I realize there aren't any filed documents in this case so everyone is going off of what we can)

Thanks Alethea. You both answered the same about the search warrant. I had just posted the response quoted below to Gitana1, I would have replied the same to you.

It is a repeat sorry :eek:

Thank you for your answer. I think that is very telling. Why the big news that RL's property was being searched but nothing said about the other at the same time right across the street.

I would hate to think that the MSM was sensationalizing the RL story by omitting the fact that another property owner had been served a search warrant and that property was being searched simultaneously. But IDK.

I mean the cameras were rolling and they even showed the LEO with dogs walking around the barn but they didn't think that was pertinent to distinguish the properties for the viewers? They interviewed LE on air and they also said nothing about two properties being searched. IMO They should have made that distinction as well, knowing the level of accusation RL was already facing on all fronts.

IMO, unless LE had another reason for keeping that info quiet and asked the press to do so, it seems purposely done for sensationalist reasons.

This just seems odd to me.

Has anything been released to rule out that LE might think someone related to or acquainted with RL (friend, family friend, former tenant/employee/worker) might be connected to the crime? Half this thread seems to be focused on arguing whether RL is the person or not and assigning cryptic meaning to routine LE actions, nothing discussing connections to him or his property.
I think that's because we can't discuss those aspects per the TOS. We can only theorize about RL since he's been officially identified as a POI.

Extra helpings of alphabet soup, anyone? [emoji4]

The above is just my opinion.

So I was watching an episode of Forensic Files again. In the episode I watched the police used what was called Illuma Lite machine, it looked cumbersome to use but it did help solve the case. Now I find out that they have a Illumacam-2 camera and they have it in Indiana. :)
[video=youtube;qbFOwH94DxQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbFOwH94DxQ[/video]
OT: Seriously I used something like that to find all the spots my cat had peed on in my house. :)

The above is just my opinion.

Thanks Alethea. You both answered the same about the search warrant. I had just posted the response quoted below to Gitana1, I would have replied the same to you.

It is a repeat sorry :eek:

The media has been known to target someone or hammer on something. And that would be very stupid, IMO because what if the juicy story was at the other farm? They would be able to say, "as we've been tracking and reporting..."

Maybe LE believe one of the barns were used as it's hard to imagine that the entire crime was committed outside in the open and that's why it was searched ?

So LE says it is unlikely that it was a chance encounter.That leaves what? Family,friends or someone stalking SM? Can't speak on families,friends I imagine are minors so prolly can't speak on them,do we know if anything was posted about where they were going to be that day on SM?
There was a third friend who was going with them but didn't so at least one other person knew in addition to family member who dropped them off. Then the SC photo went up. Other photos too perhaps. Is it possible they were cyber stalked ?

I am quite interested in the days/weeks leading up to the murders.... did the girls plan this hike for weeks or just spur of the moment like the night before?

Was it common knowledge they were going on this hike? Did they speak to other family members, friends, teachers etc. Did they post things on SM

Was this a thing they did regularly at weekends or other times they where not at school? Guess I just wondering if this was a regular place for the girls to hang out.... I know it was for older teenagers.

Also it was the day before Valentine's Day, could they have been planning to meet up with a boy or someone they thought was their own age they met online
I think their phones and SM accounts could hold many clues

I am quite interested in the days/weeks leading up to the murders.... did the girls plan this hike for weeks or just spur of the moment like the night before?

Was it common knowledge they were going on this hike? Did they speak to other family members, friends, teachers etc. Did they post things on SM

Was this a thing they did regularly at weekends or other times they where not at school? Guess I just wondering if this was a regular place for the girls to hang out.... I know it was for older teenagers.

Also it was the day before Valentine's Day, could they have been planning to meet up with a boy or someone they thought was their own age they met online
I think their phones and SM accounts could hold many clues

To me, it's hard to imagine that the perpetrator would knowing plan to abduct TWO girls if he planned it up front. Just doesn't pass the common sense rule.

I think he saw the two girls isolated and "trapped" at the dead end of the trail with no one else in sight...and then seized the moment.

To me, it's hard to imagine that the perpetrator would knowing plan to abduct TWO girls if he planned it up front. Just doesn't pass the common sense rule.

I think he saw the two girls isolated and "trapped" at the dead end of the trail with no one else in sight...and then seized the moment.

I get what you're saying but we havnt yet ruled out that there were two suspects

Because if they had, LE would know him too and would have arrested him and be saying "optimism is high". They would not still be wanting tips. IMO.
See I think they need evidence to arrest him....and if it's someone close or someone they know I don't think they would say anything at all till they were sure. They don't seem to think anyone else is in danger. So moo is the guy is a local.

There was a third friend who was going with them but didn't so at least one other person knew in addition to family member who dropped them off. Then the SC photo went up. Other photos too perhaps. Is it possible they were cyber stalked ?

I hope the 3rd friend who pulled out doesn't carry any guilt of what happened. Can you imagine the what if's and these are just teenage girls we are dealing with. So many people life's affected by a vile act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member