IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have a thread for the girl who was shot in Delphi a week after Abby and Libby's murder?
Her name is Halee Rathgbeber, she has a thread.

IN - Halee Rathgeber, 20, fatally shot, Warrick County, 24 April 2017 *Arrest*
sorry, don't know how to link.

Oh man, me too!! :(
and remember. LE collected a "significant" amount of evidence to process. that takes time. last week they were doing "more" analysis. it sounds like that could be additional or retesting. this case is far from cold. LE knows a whole lot more than we do.

Do we have a thread for the girl who was shot in Delphi a week after Abby and Libby's murder?

That is a topic that comes up from time to time, throughout all of these threads, yet seems to get no steam. I am not sure why. It seems a good lead, in a small town of 3000. It could be coincidental.

I know there are two major trains of thinking on the girls' murders. One is a random serial killer, or other perverted individual, who stalked them.

The other thought is, this is a deeply entrenched local crime where many of the players know each other. If the latter, why in the heck are we still here sleuthing? Shouldn't this have been an easy crime to solve if that were the case?

Link? Thanks!

I can't find anything related to it in the news media, and all that is available (online) is her obituary. From what I understand, from posts here, she died from a gunshot wound. There are varying theories about whether it was self-inflicted. Not sure I am helping much, but it did happen.

That is a topic that comes up from time to time, throughout all of these threads, yet seems to get no steam. I am not sure why. It seems a good lead, in a small town of 3000. It could be coincidental.

I know there are two major trains of thinking on the girls' murders. One is a random serial killer, or other perverted individual, who stalked them.

The other thought is, this is a deeply entrenched local crime where many of the players know each other. If the latter, why in the heck are we still here sleuthing? Shouldn't this have been an easy crime to solve if that were the case?

"Solving" is one thing. Connecting the person to the murder, and ensuring that everything is done correctly so he will not get off on a technicality, is a whole other thing.

Link? Thanks!
i just know about it from here many threads ago. It did not make big news and the only thing it said was that it was a accidental gun accident with zero details of how or where it happened. I see absolutely no connection to the girls' murder.

I was referring to BG planning to force them across the creek, I wouldn't think that would be ideal as he would be wet and extremely cold while trying to carry out his devious intentions. Now if the girls thought that was their last option of escape to get away, I can comprehend that. But BG marching them across, no way no how IMO. Of course I do realize that ppl like BG probably don't rationalize the way most normal ppl do.....moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what makes me think it wasn't his original intention to make them cross it along with also reading others' posts about how much deeper the water would've been at the time. It would've been such a bad idea. I'm guessing that it would've happened in a desperate moment of trying to make a break for it. All just IMO

Her name is Halee Rathgbeber, she has a thread.

IN - Halee Rathgeber, 20, fatally shot, Warrick County, 24 April 2017 *Arrest*
sorry, don't know how to link.

Sorry again, I thought this was the shooting incident that was asked about.

I think BG had a fake badge, maybe pretending to be security along the trails. Maybe he approached the girls, pulled out his badge & berated them for tresspassing on the dangerous bridge. Then he directed them down the hill to where he said his squad car was & they complied, thinking they really were in trouble. Sadly, they didn't realize the terrible fate he had planned for them until it were too late.

Agree completely. How plausible is it that he actually DID have a car down on that road at the bottom of "the hill"? How accessible is that road?

Agree completely. How plausible is it that he actually DID have a car down on that road at the bottom of "the hill"? How accessible is that road?

Extremely plausible. Very accessible prior to the murders.

Extremely plausible. Very accessible prior to the murders.

I agree and I have always deemed it the most plausible. I assume nobody saw him or his (most likely vehicle) bc he was parked on the opposite side of the bridge from the trails. I think if he accessed the bridge from the cemetery side, somebody would have noticed his vehicle or even remembered seeing him. MOO

Does anyone know if RL's truck was ever returned to his property?

Does anyone know if RL's truck was ever returned to his property?

He has a very loyal supporter (who was interviewed at the courthouse by local TV on the day of his sentencing) who was quite adamant that it had been. She posted that on a FB page. True or not, no idea. I should drive by sometime.

It was a accidental shooting and unfortunately they happen everyday in america.

How do you know it was an accidental shooting the day BG's voice was released to the public? I'm wondering.

They have not publicly"exonerated" RL as a result of the search, and we know he is still involved in the investigation but not talking. It must be difficult to be "involved" if you have nothing to say.

[FONT=&quot]"It's just a normal course of this investigation," said ISP Sgt. Tony Slocum. "We've served multiple search warrants so far. They can either exonerate a person or maybe require law enforcement to take a closer look."[/FONT]

How do you know it was an accidental shooting the day BG's voice was released to the public? I'm wondering.
i haven't heard LE say anything about it. I don't believe they are investigating it as a crime. i think it was a unfortunate accident in a already fragile town.

They have not publicly"exonerated" RL as a result of the search, and we know he is still involved in the investigation but not talking. It must be difficult to be "involved" if you have nothing to say.

[FONT=&quot]"It's just a normal course of this investigation," said ISP Sgt. Tony Slocum. "We've served multiple search warrants so far. They can either exonerate a person or maybe require law enforcement to take a closer look."[/FONT]

I wait patiently for the day we know the truth. I have never thought he was BG, but I also have never thought he saw nothing/heard nothing/knows nothing/etc. IMO, they played hardball with him for a reason.

TY Han. This shows the searchers up to their waist slowly going across the Creek holding on to each other. This was less than a day after the girls went missing so the water level would have been similar to this and perhaps even a bit higher. The girls were only 5 ft 4 in so were probably not as tall as most of these searchers.

I think they're arm to arm because they're searching for something in the water. They appear to walking together while criss-crossing the river. They're in it far too long just to be crossing. MOO

I think they're arm to arm because they're searching for something in the water. They appear to walking together while criss-crossing the river. They're in it far too long just to be crossing. MOO

Perhaps this is where phone was found?

Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members