IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #59

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if it was her backyard, why were they driven there and dropped off? Were you driven to your backyard? I don't get that part of it.

IIRC, the girls had spent the night at Libby's home and were dropped off by her older sister.

So if it was her backyard, why were they driven there and dropped off? Were you driven to your backyard? I don't get that part of it.

I think they mean it as a saying. I call an entire region of my country 'my backyard'.

I haven't stopped in on these girls for a while, I can't believe that there's no obvious progress, how sad.

This could be a very significant question, potentially.
Why not, indeed? Did they not want to walk past someone's house or be seen by someone......?[/QUOTE/]
It is easy to read in more than what could be as simple as, "I'm going that way, want a ride?" or the fact of more time for meaningful photo opportunities.

Yeah? What case was that?

I'm in my 40's and it was when I was a youngster, so early 70's. I remember my parents telling me because my mum just could not believe anyone would be so bold and she used it as her stranger danger example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This could be a very significant question, potentially.
Why not, indeed? Did they not want to walk past someone's house or be seen by someone......?

Could be totally innocent, like her sister was going by at those times so offered a ride to and from? Maybe the girls wanted really beautiful pictures and didn't want to look sweaty or have their hair blown about? Like maybe it was a walk more about pretty photos on the bridge than an actual hike?

Yes, I have heard that Perp's will often get involved in post-crime activities such as search parties, posting flyers, vigils, etc. It must nourish the memory of the crime, and perhaps they revel in their secret knowledge. It also seems as if it's some warped form of control. You see killers going to their lethal injection refusing to disclose where they hid a body, etc., despite the anguish they know they are causing the deceased's family. In these cases I am convinced they are incapable of empathy and/or have absolutely no sense of remorse. I can't decide whether it's a soul sickness, brain disorder, or both.

http://www.wireimage.de/celebrity-p...-stoppers-sticker/51030030?cc=DEU&language=de

There are famous and notorious SKs who ie. had a Crime Stoppers sticker on their car.
I long time ago already couldn't find the link, sorry. But I read somewhere on the news IM (backpacker killer) had even been a member of Crime Stoppers! Imagine this!

I'm sure this isn't a new thought or theory, but I'll share it anyway.
The notion of silencing and punishment comes to mind strongly.
Had this man had some previous encounter with one of the girls, or the girls and perhaps they said they were going "to tell?"
This seems like a solid theory to me.
Maybe the girls walked that trail frequently, but I know that young girls go for long walks with their best friend when they "need to talk". I just think that maybe something happened previously, and this guy was silencing them.

I've thought about this too I've considered him flashing them or him flying into a rage because he felt they looked at him the wrong way (even if this wasn't actually the case) Unfortunately, only three people know what happened that day and two are tragically no longer with us, so we may never know unless he confesses with the truth.

Yes, I have heard that Perp's will often get involved in post-crime activities such as search parties, posting flyers, vigils, etc. It must nourish the memory of the crime, and perhaps they revel in their secret knowledge. It also seems as if it's some warped form of control. You see killers going to their lethal injection refusing to disclose where they hid a body, etc., despite the anguish they know they are causing the deceased's family. In these cases I am convinced they are incapable of empathy and/or have absolutely no sense of remorse. I can't decide whether it's a soul sickness, brain disorder, or both.
I think it's the control they enjoy. Both control of the victim and the aftermath, especially control or outwitting of LE.

You know, what has really been bothering me through all of this, is why those girls wanted to go there. It is bleak and scary looking. can imagine in summer with the trees in leaf, it would be a lovely shady place to go, but not as it is pictured here.

Does anyone else think that that is an unlikely place for girls that age to hang out?
I always think because I live in a "four seasons" area, that waking up and looking out the window is like seeing a new painting each day, since the scene changes with the sunlight, the weather and earth's rotation. I love that time of year when the leaves are down and you can see foreground and background. Then, it leafs out and flowers pop out. Don't get me started on autumn and black bears in gold maples! Then, the pureness of snow, with snowflakes and icicles and little tracks! BG can see background and foreground because he is a stalker. You and I might see a beautiful panorama. I can see the beauty here and BG doesn't see it.

Had this man had some previous encounter with one of the girls, or the girls and perhaps they said they were going "to tell?"
Maybe the girls walked that trail frequently, but I know that young girls go for long walks with their best friend when they "need to talk". I just think that maybe something happened previously, and this guy was silencing them.
Its funny you should say that because I had the same thought about that and also with the Flora girls killed in that fire.

JMO...
I've missed a few threads so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but despite the "rough terrain" there appears to be a worn path that the photographer followed to get nearer to the tape line. I'd be interested in knowing if this was a previously existing path or if it was worn through use by the media and/or the authorities on or after February 14th. If it existed prior to February 13th, it seems to me that BG could have used it as his exit route. I'm not sure if he could have maneuvered 2 bodies down it, but it appears he could have easily walked up it.
JMO.
I think its possible. The girls were found by following " a set of footprints". We do not know where those prints were however. To me this indicates they could have been killed there by the creek or he would have had to carry both bodies together himself, which I cannot see happening. So I think the footprints were possibly leaving the scene up into the cemetery to his vehicle and escape.JMO.

They had stayed at Libby's the night before and she lives further away. Perhaps they were heading to Abbey's for the pick up. It hasn't been stated but could make sense IMO. When I was young hardly anyone had a car and my uncle had a pony and cart which I would drive and ride the pony. My dad had a car but not everyone did.(late fifties/early sixties). My dad wouldn't take us anywhere. Petrol was still rationed in the fifties I believe in UK. As I got older it was always friends dads that gave us lifts. When I was even older and had my own teenagers we were forever running them places and picking them up (eighties and nineties). I'm sure it is the same now.

JMO...
I've missed a few threads so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but despite the "rough terrain" there appears to be a worn path that the photographer followed to get nearer to the tape line. I'd be interested in knowing if this was a previously existing path or if it was worn through use by the media and/or the authorities on or after February 14th. If it existed prior to February 13th, it seems to me that BG could have used it as his exit route. I'm not sure if he could have maneuvered 2 bodies down it, but it appears he could have easily walked up it.
JMO.
It is an existing path. There are others right nearby. There are a number of paths on the north side of the creek.

BBM. Can you explain this paragraph that you posted to me? Where have I stated that LE has bungled the investigation or did not process the crime scene properly? I haven't done so. I don't think for one second that when you have the FBI crime scene unit processing that scene that they wouldn't have processed it thoroughly. We know that it was the FBI that processed that crime scene since that is what the Sheriff stated in the very first press conference. It wasn't the Sheriff's department nor even the Indiana State Police.

The condition of the crime scene as depicted in the videos and images provides information.

My comments weren't directed to you personally and my apology if you thought they were. My reply goes back to yesterday's discussion which iirc began with the theory of hanging as to why there's no leaf disturbance at the crime scene, then moved on to the lack of visible indication in photots or videos of leaf disturbance in general nor indication the crime scene area was processed by investigators. My comment was somewhat a general summary reflecting those views.

In my opinion no indication of leaf disturbance suggests the crime scene area was naturalized upon the completion so it looks just as prestine as it ever did and therefore I agree with you. No way would LE walk away and leave a very obvious location of death of two young teens so close to a public trail regardless of what was found at the crime scene.

It is an existing path. There are others right nearby. There are a number of paths on the north side of the creek.

Do you think the creek itself is frequented by visitors? How many people a day, in February, visit the creek on average? Wouldn't they be trespassing on Mear's property?

Is it reasonable that LE would depart a crime scene where two children were murdered and leave all sorts of evidence of a vicious confrontation behind, even if it had occurred?

To clarify, I wasn't referencing LE at all. A poster misquoted RL by accident. RL said the CS was "pristine" in an interview because he saw it prior to LE investigating the CS if I'm not mistaken.

pristine, IMO, can mean several things and it's probably not wise to take anything significant away from his word choice in a media interview shortly after something terrible happened on his property.

I believe another poster a while back brought up the idea that someone else had said that, perhaps LE or MSM and that RL was mirroring. I don't know if that's the case I don't have a link but maybe someone else does.

iMO the "pristine" comment doesn't help much. Happy to hear others opinions on it though.

Could be totally innocent, like her sister was going by at those times so offered a ride to and from? Maybe the girls wanted really beautiful pictures and didn't want to look sweaty or have their hair blown about? Like maybe it was a walk more about pretty photos on the bridge than an actual hike?

I agree

If you're referring to a prior sexual assault, that was my theory at one time as well. Why I've reconsidered is the perp would have no way of knowing if the victim hadn't already told other people, maybe wasn't believed, but upon discovery of the victims he'd surely become a #1 suspect.

It seems to me the location of the bodies was quite intentional so their recovery was expected to occur very soon, as if making a very loud statement. That's contrary to someone attempting to conceal a murder, for example who might choose to place the bodies in the river hoping they might be swept further downstream.

But my present theory still involves "silencing and punishing". Family members can also be used as pawns against someone for "snitching" against organized crime rings. It also serves as a strong warning to others to just shut up or their loved ones might be next. The tragic fire is Flora poses that possible connection as well. If meth is prevalent in the area, certainly there's also gang involvement. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member