IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True. In interviews LE keeps asking for tips to keep rolling in. Tips take a lot of resources and manpower to process which will cost the county $$.

I've honestly never heard so many people talk about building a case before he's even caught. That's not to say anyone's opinion is wrong. I love the positive energy so many of you have.

The 3 month mark is a perfect time for a new set of investigators to roll in. Still fresh in locals eyes, but not far enough in the future that it's forgotten. A new team needs to review this before Indiana runs out of resources.

I agree. A change of investigation team may create a complete new approach.

I recall a quote (I'll see if I can go back and locate it) that LE said that after the "Down the hill" recording, that things happened quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's one quote

ISP Sgt. Tony Slocum called German a hero for turning on her phone's video camera in time to record her assailant.

"This young lady is a hero, there’s no doubt," he said. "To have enough presence of mind to activate that video system on her cellphone, to record what we believe is criminal behavior that's about to occur."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...lip-released-delphi-double-homicide/98241826/

The poster of BG gave a time of 2:30 when he was last seen. What time was it when the woman that saw a couple and a lone hiker was on the bridge? Between 3:00 and 3:30? Does this mean the abduction and murders occurred between 2:30 and 3:30? Was the family also looking for the girls around 3:30 ish? Can we surmise the abduction and murders occurred between 2;30 and 3;30 ish? If things transpired in an hour that was pretty fast. From beginning to end within an hour. Your thoughts?
I think the abduction happened then but not necessarily the murder too. JMO.

Here's one quote

ISP Sgt. Tony Slocum called German a hero for turning on her phone's video camera in time to record her assailant.

"This young lady is a hero, there’s no doubt," he said. "To have enough presence of mind to activate that video system on her cellphone, to record what we believe is criminal behavior that's about to occur."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...lip-released-delphi-double-homicide/98241826/

Thank you, I don't think that's the one though.

There's one quote that I read that specifically referenced how quickly things started happening after he said "down the hill". We have so many threads now, that it's like looking for a needle in a haystack, but I'm still looking. Thank you though!

As far as I know, LE has not talked publicly about the woman who said she was on the bridge. Skibs may have a media link proving otherwise, but I didn't find one.

IMO yes, it could have all happened in an hour.

The media/timeline links are on page 1 of every thread. It's quite extensive and the members who took their time to prepare the information for us deserve a big thanks. :tyou:

The poster of BG gave a time of 2:30 when he was last seen. What time was it when the woman that saw a couple and a lone hiker was on the bridge? Between 3:00 and 3:30? Does this mean the abduction and murders occurred between 2:30 and 3:30? Was the family also looking for the girls around 3:30 ish? Can we surmise the abduction and murders occurred between 2;30 and 3;30 ish? If things transpired in an hour that was pretty fast. From beginning to end within an hour. Your thoughts?

The lone hiker was a female they gave her name in early news reports. I forget what her name was now. But she said she didn't hear anything, and if I remember correctly seen a man dressed in black somewhere on the trail? JMO

I recall a quote (I'll see if I can go back and locate it) that LE said that after the "Down the hill" recording, that things happened quickly.

that would be great. i would be interested in reading it as i have never seen anything that said that.

The lone hiker was a female they gave her name in early news reports. I forget what her name was now. But she said she didn't hear anything, and if I remember correctly seen a man dressed in black somewhere on the trail? JMO

I'm going out on a limb here but, I believe that woman made the statement on FB
If someone can find a link that LE interviewed her that would be awesome.

The man in black was referenced by a teen who said her friends said they saw a person dressed that way while on the bridge earlier in the day before A & L. She also said it could be a rumor. Again...media thread for link.

Edit to include Link:

I even walked all the way across the bridge and back. I only (saw) a guy when I first got there and another couple once I got on the bridge,” Cheyenne Mekisha Engles wrote. “I didn’t see the girls at all. I also didn’t take the trail that leads to the right. Only took the trail that lead to the bridge.”

http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/liber...ssing-snapchat-facebook-photos-family-bridge/

She said she saw a man when she first got there and a couple after she was on the bridge (I assumed she meant a man & woman rather than a couple men, maybe I misunderstood though.) MOO

I'm going out on a limb here but, I believe that woman made the statement on FB
If someone can find a link that LE interviewed her that would be awesome.

The man in black was referenced by a teen who said her friends said they saw a person dressed that way while on the bridge earlier in the day before A & L. She also said it could be a rumor. Again...media thread for link.

I haven't read any FB posts about the case, but I have read what she said. It may have just been on here, but I think it was on a MSM site. I'll look for a link,

I haven't read any FB posts about the case, but I have read what she said. It may have just been on here, but I think it was on a MSM site. I'll look for a link,

Posted link above.
It was also posted here in the beginning.
Put her name in a search engine and (at least for me) nothing from LE referencing or confirming her comment comes up.

f033ee92de5f841b140356193a7c4fd9.png

I knew it was ridiculous to ask, but I couldn't help myself.

IMO your question hasn´t been answered. You asked for an update on Delphi homicide and instead of at least a "Yes, in xx days" or "No, not now" you´re informed, that investigation is still ongoing (and hasn´t been stopped). Ok, but that wasn´t your question. It´s obvious, that investigation is going on.

Is ist usual for such cases in US to order a kind of press lock or to forbid interviews with relatives and so on ?

In Austria it would be unthinkable, that after three months nobody knows, how that poor girls have been killed (especially what tool has been used, because this could be a clue to the murderer).

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Times new roman]The perp seems to wear something „brown“ round his waist. This reminds me a bit of a carpenter bag, similar to that:[/FONT]

https://www.amazon.de/Werkzeuggürtel-Ledergürtel-Dachdecker-Zimmermannsgürtel-f-Handwerker/dp/B000RSJET8

Has it been discussed ?

I know I had included it in my list of people who'd know there was no school that day, and I think I've seen a couple other people mention it too. GMTA MOO

I'm also not so sure he was there because he knew there was no school so much as because of the unseasonably warm weather. Something I've wondered several times is if the girls hadn't gone there that day, would the woman who crossed the bridge shortly after them have been the victim instead? I just can't decide how random/planned this was; did he go there looking for a young girl (or two) enjoying a day off school, or did he go there looking for a female enjoying the nice weather? MOO

I don't believe he targeted the girls, I think he chose the place and waited for someone in general. I do think the woman would have likely been the victim if they had not been there.

I believe he is not new at this, because he was bold enough to grab two. I think someone not experienced would be working up nerve to grab one, more likely to not try to handle two victims.

IMO your question hasn´t been answered. You asked for an update on Delphi homicide and instead of at least a "Yes, in xx days" or "No, not now" you´re informed, that investigation is still ongoing (and hasn´t been stopped). Ok, but that wasn´t your question. It´s obvious, that investigation is going on.

Is ist usual for such cases in US to order a kind of press lock or to forbid interviews with relatives and so on ?

In Austria it would be unthinkable, that after three months nobody knows, how that poor girls have been killed (especially what tool has been used, because this could be a clue to the murderer).

I especially agree with your last sentence. Three months, FBI involved, no arrest. I think everyone thought this would be an easy case.

We're not even sure of the basics, meaning did the perp come up from the creek, or did he start at the same trailhead as the girls? Was he waiting for them along the trail, or was he behind them as they hiked? Somewhere it appears, at least for him, a vehicle must have been involved, but, most likely, any tracks were erased by responder's vehicles looking for "lost girls."

It appears the abduction/murders were well-planned, very well thought out. The outcome was definitely going to be murder. He did not just take the girls into the nearby woods but mandated they go down the hill to a destination. Does this mean he was an experienced killer? He, assuming there was only one person, planned an escape well. How can this be? Could one person pull this off? Was someone else waiting below the bridge? There's no certainty to the killer's purpose. Why murder two innocent kids?

Because of the photo, IMO he will never return to the area. BUT, should other communities be concerned? IMO he will strike again.

This really gave me pause to reflect. Seems so obvious, yet I never thought of it quite that way...how it happened so that she (they) couldn't have dialed 911...or screamed...or ran. What a risk indeed. Why Why Why??!!
All IMO of course

I'm just not sure that kids this age would think to dial 911. My phone can be a pain and if someone was chasing me I would call if I could but if I thought I risked being grabbed if I slowed down to call....then I would run faster and not call. Adults may be quick to dial 911 but I don't think kids would instinctively do this. Maybe fear of being reprimanded for calling cops on a guy who actually was just a weirdo but had no intention of harming them. I think by the time they really KNEW they were in deep, deep trouble...it was sadly too late:(

Wow! This is going to be hard but we can do it. My mama always said fools rush in where angels fear to tread. We are angels. Just look at us! Being all good and stuff!! We are the cool kids sitting over here.
What if BG and his high school girlfriend were never "cool kids?" What if BG was bullied as a school boy? What if BG's girlfriend incessantly bemoaned the fact that she was an outcast at the bottom of the social pyramid? MOO, these horrific murders were revenge killings of school aged strangers perpetrated to prove his acceptance of his "uncool" companion...and to get misplaced revenge for his own victimization years earlier when he was in school. His companion was unaware of his act in my opinion and BG is a very disturbed individual. MOO

Thanks for the reply! I wonder about the man in black. An accomplice or just an innocent hiker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay