IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just joined after reading through this post. This whole situation is very sad. Those poor girls :(

I think the criminal profiling on here thus far is a bit of a stretch. We don't really have any details of the crime- so you can't really profile this person at all without knowing more. He could be a family man, he could be single. He could be someone like Israel Keyes who literally hunts for victims in remote areas, or he could be an opportunity killer. We have no idea regarding the cause of death, and if this was sexually motivated. My opinion however is that it was probably sexually motivated. That is only my opinion because a lot of these types of crimes are :(

I too am curious to find out what will be shared at the press conference. From all I have read regarding the location of the bodies and the inability for them to be carried to that spot- I suspect that the girls were either followed/chased to that location- or and more likely I suspect that they were taken at gunpoint to that location. This is just my opinion though.

It's really hard to make any judgements about whether this person is a transient/homeless type, or perhaps a trucker or someone with a steady job. I think making those types of attempts at profiling especially in a case that is getting so much attention could do more harm than good. The only thing we can all say for certain is that whoever did do this, is a MONSTER.

I really hope we get more information soon and that an arrest is made. Those poor girls must have been terrified :(

Off topic - terrible and tragic how could they do that to the little angel girl. It must be very upsetting for you. May she Rest In Peace.
It's horrible!
She comes from good family too. They are all in shock. :(
Not to mention I'm going through hell with my daughter at the moment and haven't seen my granddaughter since Jan 2. FOR NO REASON. She's done some terrible things and I'm doing all I can to save my little grandbaby. I don't want her to be another statistic! :pullhair::anguish: (so sorry for going off topic!!!) Just please keep us in your prayers.
My hubby walked by a few minutes ago and said he couldn't believe I was still up and asked what I was doing. Websleuthing of course! He said he was glad I was back to doing something that keeps my mind occupied. ANYWAY! <3
I hope that the PC actually does hold some valuable new info and a massive reward for finding the killer! Money can and will make people talk. Even if it is against their loved ones!

This could have been done by a truck driver. The new highway is 1/2 mile from high bridge and would explain why he was heading the way he was across the bridge. I mapped two routes that once across the bridge would have him hidden all the way back to his truck in less than 15 minute. There a a third route to another highway 1 mile away that would also be hidden and a fourth about 2 miles (30 minutes by foot) to a ramp where truck stop overnight.

What type of training would it take to kill two people (two different methods) the way he did?
Look for other serial killers with the same MO. Two girls possible making one watch the other go through the process and not being able to do anything about it.

What do you mean by kill people by two different methods? Were the autopsy results for the girls released? How do you know that they were killed by two different methods?

I did not read anything about two different methods. They haven't even said how they were killed.

Just joined after reading through this post. This whole situation is very sad. Those poor girls :(

I think the criminal profiling on here thus far is a bit of a stretch. We don't really have any details of the crime- so you can't really profile this person at all without knowing more. He could be a family man, he could be single. He could be someone like Israel Keyes who literally hunts for victims in remote areas, or he could be an opportunity killer. We have no idea regarding the cause of death, and if this was sexually motivated. My opinion however is that it was probably sexually motivated. That is only my opinion because a lot of these types of crimes are :(

I too am curious to find out what will be shared at the press conference. From all I have read regarding the location of the bodies and the inability for them to be carried to that spot- I suspect that the girls were either followed/chased to that location- or and more likely I suspect that they were taken at gunpoint to that location. This is just my opinion though.

It's really hard to make any judgements about whether this person is a transient/homeless type, or perhaps a trucker or someone with a steady job. I think making those types of attempts at profiling especially in a case that is getting so much attention could do more harm than good. The only thing we can all say for certain is that whoever did do this, is a MONSTER.

I really hope we get more information soon and that an arrest is made. Those poor girls must have been terrified :(
:welcome6:
And well we aren't experts but we try to work with what we do have. We are amature slueths and work on what we've learned from other cases. A lot of things can be discussed without knowing how they were killed. I don't honestly think it does any harm if we are working towards a common goal to keep the girls names and case alive and try to figure out other things maybe locals or people here who have sleuthed since the beginning have knowledge they can share. They've worked many many cases and you will see the more you get into WS it is very interesting to learn the psyche of a killer. It helps to profile future killers and also WS is excellent at finding missing people and getting unidentified bodies, identified.
I totally AGREE this man is a MONSTER! He needs to be captured quickly too. I fear he has killed before this too.
I just cannot for the LIFE OF ME understand WHY they are waiting to 10 am to do the PC! The locals need to know what to look out for before this MONSTER kills again! The PC should have been done last night if they already had the info ready to go.
I hope you enjoy sleuthing with all of us!

:welcome6:
And well we aren't experts but we try to work with what we do have. We are amature slueths and work on what we've learned from other cases. A lot of things can be discussed without knowing how they were killed. I don't honestly think it does any harm if we are working towards a common goal to keep the girls names and case alive and try to figure out other things maybe locals or people here who have sleuthed since the beginning have knowledge they can share. They've worked many many cases and you will see the more you get into WS it is very interesting to learn the psyche of a killer. It helps to profile future killers and also WS is excellent at finding missing people and getting unidentified bodies, identified.
I totally AGREE this man is a MONSTER! He needs to be captured quickly too. I fear he has killed before this too.
I just cannot for the LIFE OF ME understand WHY they are waiting to 10 am to do the PC! The locals need to know what to look out for before this MONSTER kills again! The PC should have been done last night if they already had the info ready to go.
I hope you enjoy sleuthing with all of us!

I appreciate sleuthing and I know it is for a good common goal. I too have studied many many many cases like this- but once again it is so hard to profile someone without having more details of the crime. There are so many people following this thread I think it's important to be cautious about what we say :)

I don't think the press release will be regarding an arrest however. The media is all over this case- we would have known about it by now if there had been an arrest- right? I wonder if maybe they have identified the suspect.

This case scares me a lot and makes me never want to go into the woods again.

I appreciate sleuthing and I know it is for a good common goal. I too have studied many many many cases like this- but once again it is so hard to profile someone without having more details of the crime. There are so many people following this thread I think it's important to be cautious about what we say :)

I don't think the press release will be regarding an arrest however. The media is all over this case- we would have known about it by now if there had been an arrest- right? I wonder if maybe they have identified the suspect.

This case scares me a lot and makes me never want to go into the woods again.
Same for me!
I will be staying out of the hiking trails for sure! My cousin hikes daily in the north georgia mountains alone and I constantly warn her what could happen to her!! She needs to always take a friend at least! Just because there are a lot of people on a hiking trail doesn't mean someone can't grab you and drag you off into the woods without being seen. It horrifies me at the possibilities!

Just a possibility to throw out there. It probably already has considering the sheer amount of threads on this case but:

Do you think it's possible he wore all those clothes to the attack sight, took off the top layers to commit the killings (may they rest in peace the sweet angels!) and then put back on his bulky layers to hide any blood or evidence possibly on him?
Maybe this is a lesson he learned on a previous crime?
Maybe the thick layers were also to keep the girls from being able to scratch him or injure him during the attack?
He left something behind regardless and he will be caught! I have faith!

Same for me!
I will be staying out of the hiking trails for sure! My cousin hikes daily in the north georgia mountains alone and I constantly warn her what could happen to her!! She needs to always take a friend at least! Just because there are a lot of people on a hiking trail doesn't mean someone can't grab you and drag you off into the woods without being seen. It horrifies me at the possibilities!

Yes, someone I knew in high school had a family member murdered while jogging in a very busy trail area. The case was never solved and ever since then I have been extremely apprehensive to go into any Forested areas. This case certainly strengthens my fear for Forests and trails. Never again!

Every time I think about this case I feel a horrible pit in my stomach. I think what pains me most is knowing that whichever girl was slain second had probably just seen her friend murdered. I can't imagine how scared these poor girls must have been. I want this case to be solved ASAP. I still find it so hard to believe that this man has not been identified yet.

Yes, someone I knew in high school had a family member murdered while jogging in a very busy trail area. The case was never solved and ever since then I have been extremely apprehensive to go into any Forested areas. This case certainly strengthens my fear for Forests and trails. Never again!

Every time I think about this case I feel a horrible pit in my stomach. I think what pains me most is knowing that whichever girl was slain second had probably just seen her friend murdered. I can't imagine how scared these poor girls must have been. I want this case to be solved ASAP. I still find it so hard to believe that this man has not been identified yet.
That is what is hurting my heart too!
To watch your best friend murdered ...I can't even imagine the other girls fear!!!! :tantrum:

Ok nap time for me! I will miss the PC I'm sure but will watch the repeat! Exhausted. I hope good news comes with the PC! :eek:fftobed:

Just a possibility to throw out there. It probably already has considering the sheer amount of threads on this case but:

Do you think it's possible he wore all those clothes to the attack sight, took off the top layers to commit the killings (may they rest in peace the sweet angels!) and then put back on his bulky layers to hide any blood or evidence possibly on him?
Maybe this is a lesson he learned on a previous crime?
Maybe the thick layers were also to keep the girls from being able to scratch him or injure him during the attack?
He left something behind regardless and he will be caught! I have faith!

Oh yes....I think this is very possible.
Reason to wear so many layers of clothes was to shed them either before or after
crimes committed. And any DNA that LE may have could have come from the
clothes discarded or that were hidden and then found by LE.
Again, MOO:moo:

Can someone recommend that best way to watch the press conference live on-line?

Part of me thinks he was dressed the way he was, because that is the way he dresses. If you look at what he is wearing, especially the top half it doesnt, to me at least smack of someone who expects to 'get' someone. Could he be hiding something? Yes possibly but he could just be a larger man with a big coat on. Its quite a cumbersome coat to be wearing if he had known that the girls would be there.. which make me think it was an opportunist killing. The picture is too poor quality to really get anything from. Someone will either know him instantly (and up to yet we are unaware of him being named) or he could be anyone who dresses in dad jeans and a big coat. And for me that is the frustrating part.

I know myself I feel the cold badly, it could be that this man does too. Or it could be that this is how he feels comfty dressed. I dont find anything suspicious in his dress at all. If I saw that man I wouldnt immediately feel threatened. He is only in the eye because of where the picture was taken and the reason why it has been released.

I also hike alot. I am in the UK, so it might be a different thing over here. But I have never felt threatened while being out walking in the middle of nowhere. Bad things happen unfortunately. I feel more threatened walking in a town than I ever would in the middle of nowhere.

Lets hope that the presser sheds some light. I don't think it will tbh. If they had anything important I would like to have thought they would have released it asap. They seem awfully laid back for a town LE that has lost two of its teenagers (IMO)

See you all in a couple of hours :eek:fftobed:
Hoping this PC will be a big break in the investigation that will get this case solved ASAP!

It's pretty bold to take on two victims in broad daylight. Short of a social media connection and associated meeting that day, which I don't believe is what happened, I think that given how quickly this crime appears to have been carried out, including getting the victims to the location where they were found, this person is a hunter of children, knows that area, and was able to get them isolated very quickly. I don't think it's an accident that he was there on a day when there was no school when potential victims might be present.

He might have followed, or gone ahead of them, and then marched them to their deaths using a weapon to threaten them into submission. Once they were far along the trail, it wouldn't have been that hard to keep them walking in the direction that he wanted, if they believed they would be harmed by not doing what he said. And two young girls would easily and swiftly come under his control, even if there was opportunity to scream or run. There was a case in my state where a young woman was stopped by a person impersonating a police officer, and even though his vehicle and the phony lights he used, etc., were not consistent with law enforcement, she got of the car as she was told because she saw him as a legitimate authority. He'd been following her and got her just two doors away from her parent's home when she was returning from a night out with friends. Once she exited her car, it was the beginning of the end. And she was older than these girls.

Whatever ruse or threat he used, these victims were so young that they probably were in trouble before he even made contact. I doubt that they were paying much attention to their surroundings, were caught off guard, may have felt they were saving the other by going along with the program, and he could have lured them with who knows what kind of story. Or simply been lying in wait farther on and essentially ambushed them.

I hope the presser offers some insight, but I doubt it will be much. I do believe the police know a lot and they can't afford to reveal too much, but are in a position of needing to say something to generate additional tips. If they still don't know who he is (I don't think they do), I hope they have something that will help the public, because whatever he was wearing that day is not what he's wearing now. He could be anybody's Uncle Bob, or anyone else, and he could be hiding in plain sight or in another state by now, onto his next victim. And I don't think this was his first rodeo. I really don't understand why they didn't say he poses a threat until he's caught. It might be a no-brainer, but people need to hear from officials in plain language.

I'm wondering if this case is connected with the missing 14 yr old female child in Kokomo, 10 days earlier, about 34 miles away?

Can someone recommend that best way to watch the press conference live on-line?

WISH TV said earlier they will be live streaming the presser. I suspect the other channels will too. Here are some to try:

http://wishtv.com/live-stream/
http://fox59.com/on-air/live-streaming/
http://www.wthr.com/live-stream
http://www.theindychannel.com/live-video

Members here will likely post links that they are watching in the morning when the presser starts.

This info was posted earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member